Should I Get the Vaccine?

Don’t know. That is an individual call you would make after consulting a doctor.

What do you mean by “The vaccines won’t do jack”? It’s enough just to say that general thing as a commenter and let people make of it what they will. But once one posts a piece on the front page of a blog that will hopefully grow to become the centre right Australian blog of record, it requires a bit more.

I don’t think this vaccine rollout will get us out of the moves made to restrict, monitor and control. I don’t think they are the mechanism by which we all get to travel again, work again, go to the shops without signing in, get rid of mask mandates or ensure that Premiers don’t again lock us in our homes for 22 hours a day.

At the very least, they aren’t sufficient to do so. What might reverse these things? The resignation of everyone involved in this shambles might do it.

I’m not really interested that much in the effect the vaccine might have on individuals, or even medically on populations, but it’s easy to get sucked down into the minute details of all that, which is endless and fruitless. I’m interested in how the heck we get out of this dystopian stupidity, and I have thought for a very long time that vaccines aren’t it.

21 thoughts on “Should I Get the Vaccine?”

1. Other considerations aside, if you do decide to get the jab make damned sure it goes where it is supposed to.

I had the choice of getting the jabs or possibly not being able to ever see my aged mother again before she passes or personally having access to some badly needed medical procedures. So much as I hated doing so, I rolled the dice and got the jabs.

I now have SIRVA (Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration) because the moron who gave me the 2nd jab missed their target and injected the vaccine into my bursa. Yes, it matters, big time. I got instant bursitis and after 5 months and various attempts to fix it, it persists.

Check out the diagram in that link and make sure they get it right or you will regret it. This goes for any shot, not just the Wuhan Virus jab.

2. It is indeed a Dystopian nightmare. Australian government leaders seem to think they can magically avoid what’s happened everywhere else in the world.

They cannot.

3. In answer to your question – do whatever you want and live with the consequences.

On whether governments will respond in the way you would like them to – you already know the answer. They too will do as they damn well please.

4. So the vaccination target gets hit, let’s say they do start to open up, then Delta plays out like it did in Israel and Iceland.

What would a bunch of mongs with no respect for the Australian People do then?

5. Thanks Duncan.

Actually I live in the US these days and while they have two potential programs relating to vaccine complication reimbursements similar to the one you linked to, recent changes to them have ensured that they basically don’t apply to the covid jab. Colour me surprised.

One program is a definite no. The other requires jumping through an amazing amount of hoops to include probably being required to testify at a legal hearing with witnesses and the whole shooting match, and they MIGHT give you a little something. The success rate is around 5% and the payout minuscule given the effort required.

But as public hate and discontent regarding this aspect of the vaccine increase, law suits begin, the press begins to publish more heart-wrenching survivor stories, etc. I expect things will change. I’ll commence holding my breath… now! Not.

6. I doubt lockdowns will end regardless of the vaccination rate until after the next federal election. Just as Palascszuk recently demonstrated with the Wellcamp announcement, at least for the next nine months or so ALP governed states will use lockdowns as a political weapon.

7. Whatever lets the politicians save face is what gets us out of this.

If that means the voters dressed as clowns, riding unicycles and wearing red underpants as masks, then as far as they’re concerned so be it.

8. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/08/from_a_doctor_bewildered_at_where_all_this_covid_stuff_is_going.html

X is a person whose situation is discussed in the article.

Question: Do you get a measles vaccine if you had the measles? Of course not. Why? The measles virus is stable, and once infected, you have resistance. Is the coronavirus stable? No. Moreover, what does the currently mandated vaccine protect X against? The virus X had nearly a year ago. So why should X be injected with an old product to protect X against something X was already sick from? Is the Influenza vaccine in use five years ago recommended for use against today’s mutations?

9. I’m interested in how the heck we get out of this dystopian stupidity, and I have thought for a very long time that vaccines aren’t it.
    There are 22 ways. Or 303 ways, depending on how you do the maths.

10. Maybe what this is about is the creation of something along the lines of the movie “In Time”, with available technology.

If you take the initial jabs, and then realise what this is all about, you lose your social credit and then lose your access to the next vaccine that you need to survive, then your demise is inevitable.

The more I think about it, the more the objective seems to be to create dependence, and through that, control.

11. Australia as a concept is finished. New beginning can be achieved by large number of people (100 000+) peacefully protest in each large cities or smaller number do 1917.
    The “Cathedral “ controlled elites will not give up their powers without the people force them.

12. Perfect.

With the new indemnity scheme, every ambulance chasing grub will have a complaint.

“One in a million” will become every second dickhead with PTSD, depression, irregular periods, scarring, chronic fatigue etc etc.

We will have to break the country to save it.

13. “But might as well get the jab folks. Its actual risks are demonstrably minor, it usually does ameliorate the bug”.

Well, until the booster shot is needed.
    The way it’s going that will be monthly.

14. “Maybe what this is about is the creation of something along the lines of the movie “In Time”, with available technology.
    The objective of the vaccine is not to kill you (mostly) but to create a dependence on the vaccine. Israel and Iceland are of course now lining up for their third or fourth jab in a two jab program. Now they will always need jabs.”

Pretty much the plot of a Poul Anderson “Dominic Flandry” story.

15. “But might as well get the jab folks. Its actual risks are demonstrably minor, it usually does ameliorate the bug even if it doesn’t always stop you getting it, or transmitting it. It is also the only path our “leaders” have verbalised for ending the lockdowns or ceasing the wearing of the stupid masks.”

Bullshit, just bullshit.

16. Again, I wasn’t really interested in the medical effect of the vaccines, I was interested in whether or not the vaccine strategy gets us out of lockdowns.
    I say probably not.