Contra the Contrarian…or: What am I Missing?

In which our opponents get to make their case.

If one starts with one’s conclusion as an assumption, say: “We know lockdowns work… therefore there would have been many more cases and deaths without lockdowns, so if cases rise we have to lock down harder”, a person (or a country) could get themselves in quite the pickle.

An intelligent contrarian asks themselves “What if I’m wrong”? on a regular, almost daily basis. In the spirit of such we ask ourselves: A large chunk of the world seems to be against us when we say that there is little point in vaccinating most healthy people under 50, or that lockdowns, travel restrictions and dividing the nation up into essential and non essential humans seems rather, well, bloody vicious and stupid, but…what if they’re right and I’m wrong? What if there’s something I’m not seeing?

What if we’ve made some mistake, if somewhere in our logic we used a conclusion as an assumption to kick the whole process off? What if, furthermore, because of our biases we were blind as to what those assumptions were?

Well then, we would rely upon our opponents in debate to point out where that error was. So go to it. Please tell me where I’m wrong. Only do so without regurgitating the mainstream bilge we’re all inundated with on a daily basis. This is the place to make intelligent arguments in favour of the mainstream view on covid.

17 thoughts on “Contra the Contrarian…or: What am I Missing?”

1. I’ve asked many pro vaxxers the same question.When they say I should get jabbed I ask “If I can still get virus and still spread it, then how will me getting jabbed help you?”

Normal response is “the gov recommends it”, “the vax is well proven to work”, “they wouldn’t tell us to get it, if it was dangerous” and so on. The odd person points out that the vax does appear to reduce severity and hospitalisations, I say that’s a good thing for the vaxxed but I’m in the very low risk category and I’m happy with my chances now. Just yesterday someone replied that the vax does reduce the rate of spread of the virus, they couldn’t tell me a source so I don’t know if it’s true or not. I asked what is the absolute reduction of transmission between vaxxed and unvaxxed, they didn’t even understand what I was asking.

2. The only justification that readily comes to mind and would shut up all the pesky skeptics is the one that dare not speak its name.

The virus is part of an ongoing collaboration with China to develop Gain of Function bio-weapons using highly mutable viruses that are extremely difficult to vaccinate against. Unfortunately, this one escaped. We have no idea about how it will behave and are shit scared that it will mutate into something devastating to world populations. We therefore recommend that, in the absence of any viable alternative, the experimental and sometimes dangerous vaccines be adopted and used as the least-worst remedy.

Meanwhile, we advise all people to remain in their homes, have minimal contact with anyone until you are immunised.

Does that make sense?

3. And there’s another one that’s worserer, but also plausible.

Scrub – Unfortunately, this one escaped, and replace with:

Towards the end of 2019, it became increasing probable that the US would continue its economic growth and restoration of its domestic industry base that it would dash China’s hopes for a Pacific hegemony in the immediate future. The prospect of a second term for Trump would see China’s influence reduced to manufacture of second rate goods suitable only to third world customers, and the resulting internal strife threaten Xi’s stranglehold on internal power. Taiwan would be off the table for the foreseeable future.

In order to destabilise the US election process and hopefully cause enough distractions to allow the installation of a regime friendly to China, an experimental bioweapon was released, with appropriate accompanying obfuscation and powerful video footage to cause distress and panic.

It worked.

4. Our opponents get to make their case all day, every day and have done for almost 2 years. But yeah, let’s hear their case again. Turn on the TV. They just did. They’ll just continue to read from the script. I won’t be listening. Besides I’m busy plotting my escape from the gulag quarantine facilities.

5. Our opponents get to make their case all day, every day

Yeah, but it’s really stupid shit.
    That’s not what I’m asking for here, I’m asking if there is something I’m missing.

6. Interesting Mum in 30s dies one day after test

Sydney mum Jamila Yaghi tragically dies in home one day after testing positive to Covid-19

Photo shows young woman wearing Full Hijab – Vitamin D levels would be interesting

The other deaths included a man aged in his 70s from southeastern Sydney who died at St George Hospital.

He was a resident at the aged care facility in Bexley and caught the disease there.

Several people from southwestern Sydney also died — a woman aged in her 80s, a man in his 80s, two men aged in their 70s, a woman in her 60s, and two women in their 70s.

A man in his 70s from Sydney’s north died at Hornsby Hospital, while a woman in her 70s from southwestern Sydney died at Westmead Hospital, where she had acquired her infection.

A man in his 90s from the Blue Mountains died at the Hawkesbury living aged care facility.

Meanwhile

Northern Beaches Hospital CEO Andrew Newton: ‘We are treating Covid patients from across Sydney’

Northern Beaches Hospital is treating an increasing number of very sick Covid patients from Sydney hotspots, according to CEO Andrew Newton.

He said the Frenchs Forest facility currently has a 10-bed ICU and 26-bed ward “dedicated to the care of quite unwell Covid positive patients from right across Sydney”.

A patient who contacted Manly Daily said she overheard paramedics and doctors talking about patients from the Canterbury-Bankstown region being admitted.

7. I’ve looked patiently for evidence that I’m wrong, I do it continually. The conclusion to which I am driven is that the majority of ppl are badly brought up children who’ve never mastered rational thought. They are frequently liars and their position is generally dishonest. They are pushing propaganda that they believe strengthens their team, without any concern for truth or reality.

The best are muddled and confused and the worst are trying to bring down civilisation.

8. And there’s another one that’s worserer, but also plausible.

Yah.

Whilst stuff of science-fiction and techno-thriller stories, this one has a very high chance of being being plausible. When everyone on the dead-cat was busy betting on the seeming inevitable Trump victory, I suggested care.

The MSM would be exposed as socialist/globalist captured and lose the last dregs of credibility, the Social Media would face anti-trust action and breakup, the Military Industrial complex had a problem with all the peace that was breaking and more… big pharma, wall st all stood to lose.

The main players could not afford to lose.

And so pliable and controllable candidates were chosen, and the Cathedral made surethey didn’t lose. Even when (to them surprisingly) Trump would get over the line, the fix had to go in late in the night.

And Chinese fingerprints are all over this! They stood the MOST to gain!

9. A Sydney woman who died in her home just a day after getting tested for Covid-19 has been identified as a mother of four with ‘the most amazing heart’.

I’d say that the heart had more than just a passing cause to do with her death…

“With a heavy heart we would like to inform you all that our sister Jamila Yaghi has suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest and returned to her Lord. She was loved by so many people for her kind giving soul.”

10. I thought near the start of all this crap that there must be something they’re not telling us.

That was the only thing that made sense to me back then.

Now I think that they have dug themselves into a hole and have no idea how to get out.

11. a woman aged in her 80s, a man in his 80s,

The only way that an unfamous person in their 80’s death should be news, is if, while on the job with a supermodel they got hit by a diesel tanker, then plunged off a freeway overpass into a fertiliser factory and the subsequent explosion propelled them into an aircraft carrying someone of note which then crashed into a girl’s dormitory and all the students ran out topless.

12. I believe that most people including politicians and CFO’s and other experts and commentators really have no answer to these questions, they are just so desperate to find a way out and save face that they have grabbed vaccines as the leg to stand on. How it will play out in the long term for them and us is yet to be revealed.

They’ve staked us all on 80% double vaxxed and when the infections continue it will be 90% and then 95%. I see solitary Christmas in our future.

13. In which our opponents get to make their case.

I find that 80% of ‘opponents’ on the side of lockdowns and compulsory vax do not have a case. They recite the government’s mantra and refuse to engage in debate.

That reveals all I need to know about them.

The other 20% are quite happy to concede (as am I), that it is not such a clear-cut decision either way, and there are many unknowns.

As that is the case – why on earth be so draconian? lockdowns, facemasks, mandatory jabs should be a last resort, and only if the evidence for them is overwhelming.

14. Being a conspiracy and or alternative reasons theorist ,my take .For most of the year China has been issuing open threats and instigating economic punishments to Australia.
    They have vast property purchases and control water rights, They see a destabilised emasculated defence force ,and a premiers who have absorbed and have demonstrated population control methods to Chinese standards and a Premier who could be installed as Prime Min ister in a Chinese run government.