I’m Against Your Damnable Tyranny

… and I Don’t Accept Your Excuses.

From The Declaration of Independence:

–That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Your parliaments no longer sit. Your representatives no longer listen. Your police chiefs no longer uphold the right. Your courts no longer abide by the constitution. Your governors no longer preside over legitimate governments.

You have given us good cause to replace the lot of you.

18 thoughts on “I’m Against Your Damnable Tyranny”

1. Arky, I think it was you who wrote about parallel institutions recently?

Maybe the idea needs to be put forward, with conviction, that some types of (initially political) parallel institutions are required. I don’t mean by declaring that the ones we have now should be abolished or burned down, but that more effective, constructive, and open replacements need to be created, to sit alongside the irrelevant, destructive originals; the latter by comparison over time losing the trust of the population and simply turning to dust.

I sense readers shaking both their heads and their fists. Consider, however, the emphasis on positivity may have for us in this fight for influence. Think also of process versus outcome.

2. Ellen of Tasmaniasays:
    September 4, 2021 at 9:25 am
    Arky, I hope it’s okay for us to pinch that and send it – ever so politely – to a politician or two, please?

Sure, I’ll enjoy prison. It’ll be very relaxing.

3. I don’t mean by declaring that the ones we have now should be abolished or burned down, but that more effective, constructive, and open replacements need to be created, to sit alongside the irrelevant, destructive originals;

Yes, this was precisely what I meant by “parallel institutions”.
    I don’t think you have to abolish the original ones, people will just walk away from them to your new ones as the originals are now toxic shit.

4. There are still a great many rusted on believers out there. There is a long way to go before they lose faith. The repeated phrase I hear from my leftie colleagues (and there are a great many of them
    Here in Victoria) is that it’s all Scomos fault and he failed on the vax rollout. The continual chant has had cut through and Scomo let them put the rope around his neck. They will hang him at the first opportunity. …I live in a parallel universe in Melbourne.

5. There are still a great many rusted on believers out there. There is a long way to go before they lose faith.

Sadly quite a few of these idiots need to wake up before the time is right. The clock is however most definitely ticking.

6. Good man, Arky. I promise to send care packages.

I’m afraid I shan’t be able to send you a care package, Arky, because I’ll be in a nearby cell.

Anyone sending me a care package should be sure to include some cigars and matches.

7. Matrix Transform:

God help us all … we let it happen again

On the day that this thread started, I notice the declaration of war was made against Germany.
    I also found out two more uncles went off to the war against another Fascist Regime and didn’t return.
    Investigations into their demise continue. As does the anger against those who discarded their sacrifice in return for a ticket to the footy.
    To Hell with you all.