Links for Libertarians, or: Where the bloody hell are you?

Surveillance Legislation Amendment (Identify and Disrupt) Bill 2021

Summary

Amends: the Surveillance Devices Act 2004 and Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 to: introduce data disruption warrants to enable the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) to disrupt data by modifying, adding, copying or deleting data in order to frustrate the commission of serious offences online; and make minor technical corrections; the Surveillance Devices Act 2004 to introduce network activity warrants to enable the AFP and ACIC to collect intelligence on serious criminal activity by permitting access to the devices and networks used to facilitate criminal activity; the Crimes Act 1914 to: introduce account takeover warrants to enable the AFP and ACIC to take over a person’s online account for the purposes of gathering evidence to further a criminal investigation; and make minor amendments to the controlled operations regime to ensure controlled operations can be conducted effectively in the online environment; and 10 Acts to make consequential amendments.

20 thoughts on “Links for Libertarians, or: Where the bloody hell are you?”

1. What we’re facing is akin to a human wave of Maoist soldiers in the Korean War.

The States are pushing mandatory vaccines, Dutton is pushing this behind the scenes.

Most of the news is psychotic reporting about COVID and how questioning the narrative is evil.

Once this is law, as will be medical apartheid, it is clear we are not a free country. We will be, quite openly, an unfree country with wholly illegitimate governments.

Where are the left? Don’t they hate big pharma and fascist pigs?

Dutton represents “the cream” of “conservatism”.

2. We are led to believe that a future government and public servants will not abuse this new power, the same way that the obama administration did not abuse universal surveillance?

Where was that bridge they want us to buy again?

3. As reported last week, despite Dutton’s anchor claim that he wanted these powers to get p-files and terrorists, the Act in fact allows the government to use these powers in tax matters – or indeed anything they like.

4. No Mole, just no.
    But thanks for introducing a horrible topic to one of my threads.

5. I’m sitting on my arse typing this before I go out and flout as many of these draconian laws as I can. Not a great many join me. Not many at all.
    What are you doing beside writing about it Arky? I mean, you are doing a good job writing about it but do you do anything tangible? Does anyone else?

6. Wonderful. So the state now has free rein to fit people up on thoughtcrimes.

Does anyone seriously imagine that this inexcusable act of bastardry won’t be abused?

7. How about coppers do the actual hard work of using their already humungous powers to investigate heinous crimes?

LOL Arks. That would require them to do one or all of the following:

Stop hoovering macca’s and/or donuts and get off their house sized backsides
    Stop harrassing and impoverishing normal people going about their business
    Trying to apprehend males of no appearance who may be able to seriously push back against them
    Doing something useful for a change
    Policing in accordance with community expectations

We’re way past all of the above and I’d argue probably have been for many years. The last cop I encountered in person was back in Jan 2020, a detective married to my Bil’s sister. He’s about 6’1″ and would have easily weighed in at about 130kgs (and not in a good way). Look at any footage of Victorian or NSW cops terrorizing the citizenry nowadays and the most striking thing about them is the appalling physical condition they’re invariably in.

They are beyond parody. Arrogant, pettifogging, power tripping imbeciles. Dangerous and stupid in equal measure and best avoided at all costs.

8. Miss Anthropistsays:
    September 8, 2021 at 1:17 pm Edit

I advise you to stay within the laws, including the ones you don’t agree with, and to start building those parallel structures into your life that I have been speaking about for the last month or so.
    It’s a difficult time.
    I could even perhaps be held responsible for your comment on my thread being seen as “incitement”.
    That’s what we’re facing.
    What’s the alternative? Not post a thread? Close comments? Run away and hide?
    No, I’ll do the best I can with what I have, within the bounds of the law.

9. OK folks.
    New policy for my posts.
    I will remove comments that refer to CP.
    I’ll leave these ones up until this post is off the front page and comments close, but they won’t be archived.
    Fair?

10. Arky.

No worries, however the point stands.
    If the security agencies have a button they can push to pretty well get what they want (terrorism is so 2001) why would they stop using it?

The “I must see everything you do in real time all the time” bill will pass the chamber (with pollies and others exempt) because ‘if it catches someone looking at a crime already committed” then your rights count for nothing.

11. Don’t know if you can do that whilst making sense; Dutton brought this up as an excuse. Like you I don’t even want to bring it up because people can bring up pathetic reasons to cancel others.

12. Mole, I think we know they already do this kind of stuff all the time and then find other ways to get warrants and what not.
    Look at the Vic Royal commission into that lawyer lady.
    Also:
    Has no one thought it might be a problem allowing coppers to alter data that might subsequently be evidence?
    What limits are put on these guys taking over someone’s social media accounts? Is there going to be a third party tracking which posts were suspect generated and which were copper generated?
    Why is there nowhere in any of the Hansard speeches I linked to reference to “suspects”?
    ” …collect intelligence on serious criminal activity ” How about: “collect intelligence on suspected serious criminal activity “?

13. Where are we?

Shunned & Tagged by online ‘opinion moulders’ & their real world muscle, as “crazy conspiracy theorists”.

Which is cool, cos tagging goes both ways and the game’s barely been declared let alone played.

And yes, Scotland WAS The Horror Story of the West giving up freedom to Extreme Leftism, and way too few read the writing on the Global wall when Count Dankula aka Nazi Pug Guy, was convicted for posting a very clever & funny joke, until Australia said, ‘Hold My Designer Beer!’.

Now, WE ARE THE Horror Story that our rats within kept lying could never happen here, while they gnawed away at our foundational protections to make sure it happened here.

Remember ALL Those Rats.

P.S. like many others, I told everyone years ago that our electronic communications would be manipulated to convict the innocent.
    ‘Net Heads’ and other ‘experts’ simply went into action branding us, “paranoid loons”, and other such libels that funnily enough have now come back to expose them as the professional, Anti-Justice propagandists they are.

14. Miss Anthropist:

Define tangible, MissM.
    I’ve come back from Brisbane and several verbal fights with door attendants, nursing and security staff, et al.
    All of which took place in the face of authorities.
    I refused to wear a mask, and I was calm, reasonable, and polite.
    And in each case I was successful in maintaining my rights.
    So yes. Others are doing ‘tangible ‘things.
    No. I have not gone ‘hair on fire’ stupid. I just made an example that others may follow.
    All the WZV vaccinators take note. We are not yet collecting milk bottles* and half bricks.
    *people familiar with the Irish will be familiar with the term.

15. Rabz:

We’re way past all of the above and I’d argue probably have been for many years. The last cop I encountered in person was back in Jan 2020, a detective married to my Bil’s sister. He’s about 6’1? and would have easily weighed in at about 130kgs (and not in a good way). Look at any footage of Victorian or NSW cops terrorizing the citizenry nowadays and the most striking thing about them is the appalling physical condition they’re invariably in.

Rabz – probably right, but the pressure cooker still has a few turns to go – for me, it will be the refusal to allow Parliament to sit – among a couple of others.

16. Arky!:

Very good point – it can only be <blockquote …collect intelligence on serious criminal activity if it has been to Court and judged to be so.
    Anyone deemed to be committing serious criminal activity should have a nice little payout for coppers acting outside their power.