The hedgehog’s dilemma.

What is the Hedgehog’s dilemma?

Hedgehogs have a hard time sharing warmth with other hedgehogs.

The closer they get, the more they end up hurting each other

Evangeleon Neon Genesis.

Human’s require each other for economic, social and procreation reasons. In order to enjoy all the benefits of human society you have to move in proximity to other people. However, as these times of raving covidity prove that more and more of our fellow humans are complete douche nozzles of the lowest order, the question sneaks into our consciousness: Is it really worth hanging around with these complete penises?

If in order to work you need an, at this point, open ended series of jabs with weird concoctions; if schooling means sending your child to a progressive indoctrination centre where they might also require an open ended series of those weird concoction stabs for zero net benefit to themselves; when socializing means being harangued by cultists; if being entertained requires also to be lectured; if indeed, the entire structure of the society you live within is riddled with that which you find repugnant; is the warmth worth the pain anymore?

The hook you are caught on is the requirement to get fed, housed, paid and laid.

At what point is this all so contaminated by stupidity and so obviously heading for total disaster that it’s best to just walk away?

And if you are, like Lot considering an escape, where can you go?

22 thoughts on “The hedgehog’s dilemma.”

1. And you may yet find that communities and subcultures will reform around people who wish not to be coerced.

Like that partition/sortition meme that keeps getting louder, the more the leftwits go full degenerate and run around waggling their ‘principles’ at us.

Problem being, nobody wants to risk goimg first- There is a significant outlay of resources in setting up such a place. And as the Left has demonstrated it will destroy without compunction anyone who dares say anything different to them, how much more so anyone who dares live differently?

As such, it will probably be a far more spontaneous and simultaneous change than we think.

Or we get counter-Revival rather than Revolution, a much better and lasting outcome for all…

2. I have already walked away, at least mentally, and somewhat physically distancing myself from the beast system.
    I am prepared to home school my children immediately if needed as well.
    There will be others too, which will lead to a society on the side of the great-vaxxed. But let’s see if it comes to that, and if so for how long.
    For every day we hold out, we don’t quit, the enemy gets weaker and more desperate.
    Keep fighting the good fight, as there is no solace in giving up.

3. Apropos of this, Oakeshott wrote the following:

There was once, so Schopenhauer tells us, a colony of porcupines. They were wont to huddle together on a cold winter’s day and, thus wrapped in communal warmth, escape being frozen. But, plagued with the pricks of each other’s quills, they drew apart. And every time the desire for warmth brought them together again, the same calamity overtook them. Thus they remained, distracted between two misfortunes, able neither to tolerate nor to do without one another, until they discovered that when they stood at a certain distance from one another they could both delight in one another’s individuality and enjoy one another’s company. They did not attribute any metaphysical significance to this distance, nor did they imagine it to be an independent source of happiness, like finding a friend. They recognized it to be a relationship in terms not of substantive enjoyments but of contingent considerabilities that they must determine for themselves. Unknown to themselves, they had invented civil association.

4. I am prepared to home school my children immediately if needed as well.

It is an increasingly attractive concept, not least because of the additional family time you get. And the basic skills education can be supplemented at will with whatever you and your extended family get up to.

Having said that, the alternative is to find a private/public school that is reasonably close to your outlook on society, and fill the sociological / theological / philosophical and practical gaps in their curriculum. For example, if you belong to a denomination whose teachings and understanding of Christ and Christendom clash with those of the school, correct your kids and explain the differences yourself. Pick up the gaps in the math/sciences/English knowledge, and teach the life skills they miss.

The strength of the family should be most present in the filling of these gaps and ’rounding’ out a person’s education for life. A damning indictment on our society’s outsourcing of almost all aspects of child-rearing (except the act of procreation itself. But give that one a little time) to the State…

5. The unjabbed are now criminals …

Police hunt for unvaccinated staff

“Queensland police are searching records for staff who have not received a COVID-19 vaccination, after they became mandatory on Tuesday.

“The QPS is working through internal records as a priority to indentify which members have not been vaccinated and do not have an approved exemption,” the QPS told the ABC.

From today, QPS members who refuse to follow the the Commissioner’s direction and do not have an exemption will be suspended from duty with a seven-day Notice to Show Cause process commenced.”

6. Arky

To expand on my previous post (I had to go out for a while, but wanted to leave the idea in the air).

I am not proposing building a monastery on top of a mountain and developing a hermit society. Rather, groups with common interests (same church group, or different religions, but similar philosophies of life, even garden groups or bird watchers) could come together as a group, withdrawing to some extent from general society.

As well as socialising together, they could have regular teaching sessions for the children, covering basics such as English grammar, fundamental maths, ranging from times tables and adding, subtracting, etc for the younger ones, to basic statistics (a subject on which the level of ignorance among politicians, commentators and the media is astronomical), genuine historical research methods, including original material as well as the latest PC trash, perhaps even a foreign language should the skills be available.

The aim is to group those with common interests not met by wider society together to meet those interests, not just social and educational, but also religious and philosophical/political, to form at least partly self-sufficient communities (in the real sense, not the pseudo sense in which the word is currently used).

Needs more thought, but I wanted to get the idea floating.

7. At a more focused level, a group could even set up a home schooling group, much like the old bush one-teacher schools.

I want to buy a place in the desert.
    The missus won’t yet let me.
    The women are a bit of a problem with this stuff.

8. If you outlaw homeschooling your society is truly claiming that your children belong to the government, as chattels.

That would mean as your children are, you also are a serf.

The road to serfdom. Good intentions.

9. I want to buy a place in the desert.
    The missus won’t yet let me.
    The women are a bit of a problem with this stuff.

That is why you need like minded groups who stay in, but apart from, the community. Hence my comment about NOT building a monastery on top of a mountain, nor becoming a hermit.

10. I am prepared to home school my children immediately if needed as well.

I fear they’ll be coming for the home schoolers next.

Could be a hard sell now that everyone absolutely knows that our schools are festering piles of crap run by B Grade communists.

11. I want to buy a place in the desert.
    The missus won’t yet let me.
    The women are a bit of a problem with this stuff.

I want to buy a tropical island!

Get to have our own navy, army, airforce, space force, do whatever the hell we want!

12. I am prepared to home school my children immediately if needed as well.

13. OSC

Hence the need for a community of like-minded people to provide, using their own knowledge and resources, the supplementary education and social development that the present system will not. Enrol the kids in the most suitable school that can be found, but provide extra tuition and social development in your social “cluster/hub”.

14. If I could get my wife to move, she won’t because of children and grandchildren, I’d go to Andorra, I reckon if I sold everything I could live quite comfortably there. Once I would have picked Chile but the leftists have got in control and it’s falling apart again. I really don’t want a tropical climate but some of the Pacific Island nations are pretty good places. PNG could be an amazing place, the highlands suit me but we all know what a shithole its turned into. I’m open to other suggestions.

15. Unless there is some form of comprehensive punishment meted out to the shitheads responsible* for destroying the last 19 months of our lives I won’t be hanging around. Thankfully I’ve got enough money to set up fairly comfortably overseas, it’s just a matter of where. In the interim, the search continues.

*Politicians, bureaucrats, media dunderheads and police to start with.

16. NSW has such onerous requirements for homeschooling that you might as well just send the kid to a bricks and mortar school. Not impossible but very difficult.

Advise I was given was to enroll in distance education, where all materials are supplied for about $15000 per annum