3,121 thoughts on “Open Thread- Mon 11 Oct 2021”

1. I’m turning into a republican with serious rapidity.

Wills may be an idiot but he’s largely harmless and 17000km away most of the time.

I prefer that to being regularly harangued by a president installed by the political caste.

2. H B Bear

Thanks, i must have missed that one.

Imagine crowing that people who spent upwards of 8 years getting the qualifications to do their highly skilled job are bending the knee when their livelihoods are threatened.
    AMA WA president Dr Mark Duncan-Smith said he was disappointed by the doctor’s decision.

“It is disappointing that a healthcare professional looking at the evidence would come to the conclusion that they are not happy to be vaccinated but that is a personal choice,” Dr Duncan-Smith said.

The government has found a big button it can press to force compliance, who thinks they will ever let it go?

3. But the thought that came into my head this time was that I had been listening to the radio of an occupying power, and I was sick of it.

Had a similar discussion with Hairy today over lunch. TV was on. All the usual cultural propaganda and outright political messaging about learning to love them. Shall we turn it off? we asked each other simultaneously. Before we throw something at it?

We have to learn to live separately from this or we will go under, we decided.

4. It’s shocking but not surprising how badly Victoria is administered.
    The whole decision making tier are just terrible risk managers.

The talent tends to head north; been doing so for decades.

5. The whole decision making tier are just terrible risk managers.

In my area, the one level crossing that really needed to be removed isn’t. The ones that didn’t need to be removed and which had significant engineering challenges were.

Basically school teachers playing at being treasurers and engineers.

6. It’s shocking but not surprising how badly Victoria is administered.
    The whole decision making tier are just terrible risk managers.

Not really = the biggest risk for most people is the opposing faction

7. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:12 am
    You’re the one who’s demanding we “move on”, and “leave it”. Well, now’s your chance to show you mean what you say.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 6:40 pm
    [“I’ve had my say, Timothy. I simply reiterate,” Then another 300+ words which, yes, are just reiteration]

Eau Magawd.

8. We are the vandals living in the ruins of Rome.

We have senators, teachers & other people we know were essential to keeping it functioning with all the same titles and “prestige”.
    But somehow things are still declining.

We are living off the structures and traditions put in place by very clever people designed for use by generally decent clever people.
    They cant be blamed for us electing clever amoral turds who oversaw the corrupting of Australian education to make being a credentialed turd a pathway to 6 figure salaries and no responsibility for their fuckups.

9. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:12 am

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:09 pm
    You were demonstrably wrong.

6.40pm. Read it again, Dot. You’re generally not demonstrably stupid.

Eau Magawd….

10. My poor package from the US is still at “Sydney Airport distribution centre”.

Unfortunate thing. I hope it has a trained support animal to help it through its difficulties.

11. You are wrong.

About what? These is essentially no substantive debate here.

Re-read my final comment at 6.40.

Or are you one of the usual dickless uptickers who can’t read?

12. Sydney Morning Herald. Melbourne Law professor comment. Peter Ridd’s views on the Barrier Reef are ‘ unconventional.’

Truth and accuracy in science is now ‘unconventional’.
    The death of science has arrived.
    As a scientist I’m sad.

13. Queensland landlords will no longer be allowed to refuse pets in rental properties without a reason deemed valid by the state government.

14. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:12 am

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:23 pm

[…zzzzzz…]

Eau Magawd.
    “Move on” and “leave it” must have some special technical meaning among people who got a credit for stats in their masters’.

15. As a Professor of Law he would be used to something being law – until it’s not. Scientific laws don’t behave in quite the same way, until recently.

16. Peter Ridd’s views on the Barrier Reef are ‘ unconventional.’

Mmm…so were Einstein’s views on physics.

He subjected them to empirical verification.

They were confirmed.

Alas, I doubt Prof. Ridd will be granted the same professional courtesy.

Be that as it may, proof that professors of law can be as uninformed and incurious as your average ideologue.

17. William Shatner is a fine guy.
    He first acted in science fiction.
    Then he wrote science fiction.
    And now he is science fiction.
    What a life! Per aspera ad astra.

18. I only shop online because I like surprises.

I was looking online for some new cushions for the terrace room.

Would you believe some run to $850 each?

I’m putting a limit of $75 and believing I am being generous.

19. Roger says:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:10 pm
    It’s shocking but not surprising how badly Victoria is administered.
    The whole decision making tier are just terrible risk managers.
    The talent tends to head north; been doing so for decades.

Plenty of talent but once you run the candidates through the Wokerator you end up with fat arsed lazy crew cuts who spend most of their energy and time undermining the rest of the team.

20. Mole – I think Perth ALPBC ran that as a Radio News item a couple of days ago. In a “Gee Whiz” sort of way.

A curious journalist would think, Gee Whiz, there must be something to behind these decisions and surely a story of almost certain public interest. But, no, today’s journalists are in lockstep with the entire therapeutic state’s direction to vaccinate the entire population come hell or high water.

21. Three of the current cushions out there are from Bunnings.
    They had to be waterproof.

The other two are better ones, worth keeping.
    I am tempted to go for non-waterproof now though.
    An enclosure has to be worth something. 🙂

22. Basically school teachers playing at being treasurers and engineers.

Well , the objective is to get the money spent. Preferably with union friendly entities and maaaates who will provide the required kickbacks and job creation for more maaaates. The pie is only so big, so while in office or in a prominent PS position there is only so much time to get your slice of it. After all, OPM is the gift that keeps on giving. There are no constraints. If the Treasury is empty, no biggie. We’ll just go borrow some more and stick it on the public’s credit card. It’s the best scam evah! Totally legal to boot!

23. I have had good stuff from Temple and Webster, Lizzie.

My daughters, who have much more money than me, use them all the time. So I ordered some bedheads and a rug and they arrived – all perfect and exactly as advertised.

Which is a rare thing these days.

24. He said about 99.9 percent of Australian doctors had been vaccinated and it was better for vulnerable patients not to see a doctor who had not had the jab.

They just ignore the fact that either can carry and pass on the virus.
    It takes some serious cognitive dissonance to keep pushing this line.

25. Queensland’s Ukrainian junta seems to be getting a taste for deeming valid reasons.

I hope you’re not insinuating that Palaszczuk is not a Polish surname.

26. Bruce of Newcastlesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 6:50 pm
    Prince William slams Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk after William Shatner ‘space tourism’ saying ‘fix the planet first’

Chip off the old block.
    I’m turning into a republican with serious rapidity.

Elected president (combine head of state and head of government), sits in the HoR, and must form a government from MHRs (no senatorial ministers of state). Remains in power while he/she/xe has the confidence of the HoR. If he/she/xe cannot form a workable cabinet/government, or loses the confidence of the HoR, election on the 10th Saturday hence.

27. Everyone knows Nine Inch Nails, but no one knows about Slam Bamboo.

Dot – I certainly didn’t, but not surprising. The guy has an amazing talent. Driven though. I’m very pleased he has managed to get through the dark halls into what seems to be a good place.

28. Long live King George VII!

Georges did fine (ok one lost America, but hey)
    Charleses are hopeless (and in one case headless)
    Willies are weak (except the Dutch one, QED)

If I had a vote I’d go for Charlotte though. Man, does that family produce fine ladies or what?

29. Yet when all those (acceptable to you) Christians put in their their 2 bob’s worth on the duties & failings of Christians (as many often do), your oh so serious, superior admonishments are MIA.

Don’t worry, I’m not the only one who gets it; we’re still not supposed to admit to the existence of, let alone great damage done by enemies of Christ within The Church, let alone acknowledge those who’ve escaped their soul crushing influence.

No, we’re all just supposed to shut up and keep playing nice with those enemies. Like that’s worked for the last 50+ years … oh that’s right, it didn’t.

Then He is clearly not big enough for you…

30. Man, does that family produce fine ladies or what?

I do think Anne would have made a fine successor to QEII.

She does not suffer fools gladly, which means Charles is on the outer.

31. You know something? A lot of anti-vaxxers can’t do science. They make a total cock-up of it.
    Not all of them, but there are enough egregious nanowriggler true believers, who then seek population confirmation of their idiocy, pouring over data and finding deaths and damages where none occur and suchlike. I’ve seen plenty of it; you don’t have to look too hard or too far, any internet site has its fair share of links to wondrous unbelievable things. It is riling and damaging to anyone who believes in the scientific method, statistical analysis and the careful analysis of empirical data.

I am on the opposite side to a vast array of hystical anti-vaxxers, and this is a case of ‘its not the issue it’s the side’. So on a site like this I get deliberately misunderstood and harassed. Take the vaxx or leave the vaxx, it’s not my business. But science is my business. If you can’t make a substantive critique of my views on the study, then you are just a dickless upticker and can Mein Gott along with Timothy.

On a recent occasion there was an error in an epidemiological cohort study. It was obvious from within the data, queries were raised from numerous perspectives not just anti-vaxxers because the study raised a lot of interest in its key finding about spontaneous abortion, and the error was corrected.

End of fucking story. Except for the dickless uptickers who have no case to make and can’t make one.

32. feelthebern says:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:38 pm
    Looking for something to binge on.
    Is Wallander any good?

Yes. I’m undecided whether Branagh emphasises or minimises the Swedish malaise.

33. H B Bearsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:38 pm

Makes you wonder why they bothered ripping down the Berlin Wall?

To let the Stasi out into the whole world where they could enjoy using all the new wizz bang spying toys that most of the world didn’t know they’d soon be carrying around where ever they went.

34. “Express” post now takes 5 days to get across the country?!?!?
    It took 4 days for one I sent to arrive. Sydney metro to Sydney metro.

Cartier watch worthy service delivery.

35. Choose better words

Obtusely verballed (misunderstood) and reiteratively called upon to ‘pony up’ etc. about nothing that’s relevant e.g. natural logs (harassed). Plenty of other synonyms for what you and your cabal are up to.

36. I hope you’re not insinuating that Palaszczuk is not a Polish surname.

37. Forrester crashed a meeting with greg hunt by bringing a chunk agent at the height of the nasty chunk words campaign and is bought and sold by the arseholes. It is clear the chunks are using alarmism to further crush the West after their virus only did half the job. The chunks buy all of the bastard’s iron ore so it’s no surprise he’s urging scomo to lick alarmist dick:

38. I’m undecided whether Branagh emphasises or minimises the Swedish malaise.

It was like watching paint dry.

I even had ample time to parse & digest the subtitles.

Is that typical of the genre? Am I missing something? Why do the British feel the need to emulate this?

Is it actually a literary invention by self-hating Scandinavian liberals?

39. Can anyone explain this?

Rounded to the nearest ten people?
    I’m impressed that Lebanon is the big winner.
    Gaining 60% population in 4 years is remarkable.
    The blackouts may be the reason. What else is there to do?

40. The Palaszczuk’s were so traumatised by their treatment at the hands of the Nazis they named their first-born Heinrich.

Yes, that’s often puzzled me too.

Of course, the borders shifted over the centuries, but the people largely did not.

41. I’ve seen plenty of it; you don’t have to look too hard or too far, any internet site has its fair share of links to wondrous unbelievable things. It is riling and damaging to anyone who believes in the scientific method, statistical analysis and the careful analysis of empirical data.

Lizzie, please get your teeth into this.

42. Willies are weak (except the Dutch one, QED)

But what about the time when Willie Conquered ‘er?

She mustn’t have minded too much*-Someone did do a whole tapestry on the matter…

* Willie clearly did not succumb to Hast(e)-ings…

43. You know something? A lot of anti-vaxxers can’t do science.

You need to stop taking this so personally, do what I suggest, go to my dedicated thread and make the case logically, numerically and without excess verbiage.

44. Geraldton police shooting murder trial: Police gun training in the spotlight
    Emily Moulton
    The West Australian
    Thu, 14 October 2021 5:17PM

WA police officers are trained to exercise their own judgment when deciding whether to draw their weapons and there are no rules for what weapon they should use first, the Supreme Court has been told.

Yamatji mother-of-one, JC, as she is known for cultural reasons, died on September 17, 2019 after she was shot by a police constable who was responding to reports there was a person armed with a knife wandering a Geraldton street.

Christopher Markham, who is a use of force trainer and former UK sniper who advises WA Police, told the constable’s murder trial, that recruits are taught that it is “perfectly normal” for two police officers dealing with a lethal threat to choose different weapons because that choice will be based on their own perception of the situation.

Eight police officers attended the scene, however only three got out of their vehicles and only one — the accused — drew their gun.

Senior Constable Adrian Barker got out of his car to approach JC unarmed, believing he could talk her down, while first class constable Dillon McLean drew his Taser but did not activate it.

The accused ran out of his car, drew his firearm and fired the fatal shot within 16 seconds of being on the scene.

Mr Markham was back in the witness box today where he explained that at the heart of police training was member safety — which meant to keep themselves safe first.

He told the jury recruits are trained using the Situational Tactical Options Model but are also taught to make a decision based on instinct.

When asked if he accepted the model was a guide that enabled a police officer to exercise his or her own assessment of a situation and what use of force to use, he said he did.

He also agreed, when asked by the accused’s lawyer Linda Black, that there was no hierarchy for what weapon should be drawn first.

45. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 13, 2021 at 4:09 pm
    …..
    Now can we please move on?

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 8:22 pm
    [blah blah…]

Eau Magawd.

46. Careful what you wish fo , King George VII. If it happened next week I think we’d have Prince Regent Harry Sparkles.
    Impossible!
    Harry and Me-Me-Meghan have made it quite clear that they’ve rejected a conventional Royal role.
    And that wasn’t just a shallow exercise in self-indulgence that they’d renege on if a top gig came up, was it.

47. I’ve not seen Wallander but I did watch an episode of a Swedish Nordic noir detective series on Amazon Prime (so crucify me).
    It was like watching paint dry.
    I even had ample time to parse & digest the subtitles.
    Is it actually a literary invention by self-hating Scandinavian liberals?

It’s not as dour as it sound, more along the lines of Shetland. I loved Shetland.

48. Indolent says:
    October 14, 2021 at 8:39 pm
    Who are nobulart.com?
    They are only showing the Deagel 2025 Forecast by Country.

I still don’t know what they do even though I read their About.

49. Feelthebern:

Met coal holding 400.
    Thermal coal at 243/t & has spent a month at 200+.
    The cash-flow generated by these numbers are mind boggling.

So just how long are the 2 – 3 Trillion of foreign reserves going to last at this rate?
    Expect some of the US Treasury money to find its way onto the market soon…

50. the dickless uptickers

Having Googled this, I now believe the Dickless Uptick to be either a form of nanna dance move, or the process of dressing for a women’s soccer match.

51. A Polish friend who is well acquaintanted wth such matters assures me that Palaszczuk is a name found in Belarus and the Ukraine, but not Poland.

My late husband has family in Poland and they tell me that Palaszczuks are not Polish.

52. I regret I will never have as regal a honk, as Willie who Conquered ‘Er…

Apparently there’s a relationship between parts of the body.
    If so I can see why Mary of England liked William of Orange.

53. This might be one of the real cases where a prodigy is cut short before getting a decent go. The Hun:

Will Pucovski has been hit in the head again by a cricket ball and is showing signs of concussion almost a week later.

It is estimated to be the 10th time the brilliant young opener has been concussed in his short career and will trigger further concerns about his long-term health and future in the game.

54. How Wall Street FORCES Us to Invest in China
    In this episode, we interview Perth Tolle, the founder of the Freedom 100 Emerging Markets Index, which is an index weighted to freedom that doesn’t have China in it at all. She explains how Wall Street forces investors to put their money into China, and, despite the incredible risks and low returns, why it’s still doing that.

55. Guys, is the deadline really tomorrow? Reading through the ”Directions from Acting Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions” which expires 21st Oct, it states the deadline is 20 Oct for that 1st jab. Am I reading it correctly? Go to page 22 onwards. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/202110/covid-19-mandatory-vaccination-%28workers%29-directions.pdf

56. BoN, try to find novels by Charles R. Pellegrino.
    “Flying to Valhalla” and “Dust” are good. Also he wrote “Chariots for Apollo” (there’s another book of the same name by another author) about the building of the Lunar Module by Grumman. Well worthwhile.
    Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHbLV7xEhc
    Seems The Eagle ascent stage may still be in Lunar orbit. Totally cool!
    Now in the next 5 years Elon Musk may be in a position to retrieve her. Do we boost her into a higher orbit around the globe she safely brought her humans to and from? Or do we bring her home for one last landing on “The Cool Green hills of Earth”?

57. Now in the next 5 years Elon Musk may be in a position to retrieve her.

He’s probably going to be too busy.

Varda Space selects SpaceX for launch of first space manufacturing satellite (11 Oct)

WASHINGTON — Space manufacturing startup Varda Space will launch its first spacecraft on a Falcon 9 in early 2023 to demonstrate the ability to produce a wide range of materials in microgravity.

Varda Space announced Oct. 11 it signed a launch services agreement with SpaceX for that smallsat, which will be part of a Falcon 9 rideshare mission scheduled for the first quarter of 2023. The companies did not disclose the terms of the contract.

No idea if this makes any actual sense, but I like their style.

58. Also, there’s a lot of coal in Africa that remains unexploited.

In Antarctica likewise and the Chicoms aren’t fussy; they’re counting the days until Hawkie’s treaty expires and they can start mining down there.

59. Been a busy 20 minutes here at Cafe Bruce btw. First young male possum arrived minus terrifying mum. He got a piece of bread. He seemed overjoyed that someone, anyone, might be nice to him. Then quarter hour later a hail storm up to 10mm. Haven’t had one of those for a very long while.

60. “Steve trickler says:
    October 14, 2021 at 7:33 pm
    Hello to most, though definitely not all.

*******

I think it is fair to say that the medical establishment in the UK, ( like here ) are under the control of downright evil lunatics. Once again, they are not hiding it. However, you have to know about it in order to find it. 17:32. Still waiting for the transcript.

I’ll let him tell the following story. He is not in the game of spreading bullsh*t to people.

Doc Coleman:

More Evidence ‘They’ want You Dead

61. Bruce of Newcastle says:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:07 pm
    I regret I will never have as regal a honk, as Willie who Conquered ‘Er…
    Apparently there’s a relationship between parts of the body.
    If so I can see why Mary of England liked William of Orange.

No kids and old Dutch Willie was very fond of pretty young men.
    The Groom of the Bedchamber was the busiest job in the palace.

62. Gilas says:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:29 pm
    Nah.. Palaszczuk isn’t a Polish name.. too many vowels.

Everything is fake about that woman including the pronouncement of her name.

63. Watching Prince Charles and Prince William lecturing us on environmentalism and space travel leads me to think that Diana was the intellectual in that family.

64. Oh fuck off. Just fuck off. Wiki:

Palaszczuk (Polish pronunciation: [pa?la?t??uk]) is a Polish-language rendering of the Belarusian surname “????????” (Paliaš?uk, Palyashchuk, Paliashchuk), literally meaning “poleszuk”.

There is no way on this planet that foul, blubbery thing can originate from the same country as John Wick.

65. The royals are fucked. When Madge goes all that is left are brain dead, inbred fools.

Even the ranga, who has a bit of fresh DNA outside the Kraut bloodlines, is as mad as a meataxe.
    Imagine King Chuck’s first Christmas Day message to people freezing their tits off in a four-mile long service station queue, hoping to get home before all the cold baked beans are gone …

“As you sit down to your Christmas turkey – free range I trust – I urge all my objects to do as I have done. Convert your Aston Martins to run on organic elderflower wine.”

66. Baba, re your link, I would be the first to say the mRNA vaccines have problems and have often said so here. I am also totally against making them mandatory or giving them to children. But they are not killing nor permanently maiming extreme numbers in Australia or elsewhere although relatively speaking they do it to a very few. Yes, it’s a gamble. I don’t have the time or the inclination to do a full-scale review of reports of side-effects. That has largely been done anyway. What I can say though is that it is not scientifically valid to believe all side effects are due to receiving a vaccation as some anti-vaxxers claim, and have claimed here. These are difficult times for us all given the governmental and public health panics over Covid.

This is just sheer invention and abuse dressed up as commentary. If analysed it is completely contentless nonsense. Make some pertinent points that have an empirical and data-based content that relates to this study when you think you can disagree with my view of it, or else do what you should do, give everyone a break and just shut up going on about what is a non-debate in which you feel you are an anti-vaxxer on top, hurrah for you etc. You have done nothing but agree an error was made and that it could be picked up by assessing internal population data. Whoopy for you. Many other people picked it up too. Refer to 6.40pm and my earlier analysis of the cohorts if you are stuck for ideas about how the data was corrected. In preference though, Timothy, find something else to say about someone else. Going on endlessly as you are is extremely tedious. And lay off my qualifications, which are in general top notch.

67. When Betty II goes all flopsy, William Shatner should be crowned King of England.

Well, he was born a British subject, so he’s got a start on it. He should start as King of Canada and work his way up.

68. Been a busy 20 minutes here at Cafe Bruce btw.

We had some hail and poor little mum birdie was pumelled sitting tight on her nest.
    She hangs in there through thick and thin. We do have that in common. 🙂

A couple of Aperol spritz’s and some very nice red, takes the edge off the day very well.

With one foot in the grave you have to appreciate these things.

69. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 13, 2021 at 4:09 pm
    …..
    Now can we please move on?

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 10:32 pm
    And lay off my qualifications, which are in general top notch.

Eau Magawd. It’s over 30 hours since the clarion call to “move on”, and she’s still going. The Energiser Bunny of “do as I say, not as I do”.
    And did I use the word “self-approbatory”? Wonder how I got that idea.

70. Knuckle Draggersays:

October 14, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Oh. It’s not broken.

Just that nobody’s here.

Still here.
    But I think we might have to take down the “By Appointment to H.M. Eluzabeth II” sign.

71. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:
    October 14, 2021 at 8:06 pm

So now anyone who disagrees with you on this is an “anti-vaxxer” who “can’t do science”.

Well, that’s changed my opinion of you Lizzie.

72. Daily Mail. Bondi. Any Cats we haven’t heard from lately?

How a lonely man racked up a $24,000 ‘Jimmy Brings’ bill as he drank himself to death – as his extraordinary series of orders to the booze delivery service are revealed

Alcohol home delivery service Jimmy Brings investigated after man’s death
    The Bondi man spent about $24K with the service in the years before his death
    He ordered up to three bottles of wine a day in the weeks before he passed
    investigation to determine whether RSA rules were breached by the service
    New rules for online delivery services came into effect in July this year
    Do you know more? Email tips@dailymail.com

73. hours since the clarion call

one of these days I’m gonna do a retrospective of all her openers and closers

or maybe just precis of her posts in haiku form

my pearls and your eggs
    Aperol spritz and weather
    hail-storm mother bird

74. He ordered up to three bottles of wine a day
    Geez, bit slack .. in my alcoholic days .. long gone .. on any given morning I would have knocked back more than that before the 6.00am opener unbolted the door …..!

75. “Science” was blown out it’s own arsehole with the global warming scam, hockey schtick, “hide the decline” and e-mail scandal.

As Bruce said earlier, Arky, ‘science’ has been bowdlerised almost to extinction. That is sad. I am an outlier these days, just rather old-school about the scientific method and using good data and actually having a null hypothesis in experimentation. I think most abstract modelling stinks. Usually insufficient, as the Covid models show. The only useful ‘modelling’ is empirical – running anova, ancova etc to test the strength of associations in your data. I used to enjoy doing that.

What the fuck is Morrison on about at the moment?? My theory is that he’s done a deal with the two Big B’s, Boris and Biden, that in exchange for subs and protection he’s going to drag us all into national economic suicide just to keep them climatically happy, Boris in his bedroom making whoopee and Biden singing loony toons whispered into his earpiece. He’s counting on reaping the yoof on the propaganda and the rest of us on some Big Sell on da futcha technology ‘cos he’s so good at marketing that he can become Bill Shorten Mark 2 and win. Rocks in his brains as well as his balls. Well, I’m demanding to know – what’s The Deal, Scotty??? Why are we suddenly turning our national ship around?

Excess verbiage. Crap, Arky. Words explicate better than numbers in many cases. Not that numbers are dispensible. Look, I’m not interested in doing any more argumentation about vaxxes and studies so I’m deliberately eschewing various debates on that. I have been forced by Timmy Boyo into this one. Some studies are crap, some are good. You need practice and training to know what to look for, and many people don’t know that they are falling into elementary errors. I don’t want to have to tell them that. Uppity high flying girls from Mt. Druitt who have husbands from Cambridge and end up in Sydney’s richest suburb are not popular, especially with one foot in the grave. So here’s a song for ye all, for I listen to it often with the birdies as dusk sets in.

76. He ordered up to three bottles of wine a day…

77. My theory is that he’s done a deal with the two Big B’s, Boris and Biden, that in exchange for subs and protection

Certainly looks that way. There is still a bigger picture none of them are sharing.

78. Well he didn’t die of the grog then. I mean, that’s a decent tipple but it’s hardly going to be life threatening.

What was Gerard Depardeuis (Spelling) grog consumption?

79. The novelist Patrick Hamilton drank (towards his end) three bottles of Scotch a day.

Randolph Churchill – son of Winston – was drinking two bottles of Scotch a day, and smoking eighty cigarettes a day.

He had surgery to remove a tumor, which later proved to be benign. I don’t know who remarked that “they found the only bit of Randolph, that wasn’t malignant, and removed it.”

80. Just looking at all those anecdotes about the great drinkers.

81. And Australia’s health bureaucrats try to tell us that more than four standard drinks in any one day – e.g. three schooners of heavy – is “binge drinking”.

Someone please provide them with a definition of ‘binge’.

82. Oh come onsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm
    Someone please provide them with a definition of ‘binge’.

And remember, these are the people who are defining what’s “safe” during this “pandemic”.

83. Serves you right, you little pipsqueak.

Huh? Did you think my comment was an expression of awestruck terror at your self-perceptions of greatness?
    Alas, no.

84. Waugh said that it was only his Catholicism that stopped him from being much worse than he was. He said without it he would not have been recognisably human.

It’s generally accepted that he helped drive his tutor at Oxford insane.

85. That Quaintarse vid “going viral” is a crock, and a month-old crock at that.
    One thing, it’s a paid promotion. Anything which is designed, produced, paid for and pushed at punters cannot be said to be “going viral” in the same way that grassroots content- dance vids, street rants, memes- does organically.
    Another thing- YouTube, 460 000 views. Have a look at Rebel News- the most popular vids there are touching ONE MILLION VIEWS. Why no featurette on Sky?

86. Didn’t think you were ‘awestruck’ btw, Timmy. Far from it.

You think I am completely beyond the pale, and so my martial song is to say that’s right, I am, and I don’t give a flying .. umm .. fig what you think about that, Timmy Knees Down. You’ve been harassing me for days now and it’s time you were told strongly to get lost.

87. Lizzie. I’m not interested in the back and forth, or “analysis”.
    Just present the data.
    People are losing work and freedoms.
    If you think you know something that will change minds, then present it.

88. You know what you don’t hear much about any more all of a sudden?
    Smallpox blankets.
    Remember that myth, article of faith for the loony left? The government- or the missions, or the pastoralists, anyone and everyone of establishment power- were giving out free blankets laced with smallpox germs to the natives, who would gratefully wrap themselves and swaddle up the kids and then all die. Of smallpox.
    Absolutely imaginable for the maudlin marxists, hideous genocide hiding in the sheep’s clothing of altruism. But they’ve gone a bit quiet.

89. Gab says:
    October 14, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Gab, it looks to me as if you have until the 22nd October to have the first injection. The second is scheduled for around a month later.

The “relevant date”, Oct 15, looks to me to be the date by which the employer collects data on the employee’s intention. This gives them a 7 day dismissal period, should they choose to go down that path.

Inoculation has to be by mRNA, as the period between shots is too short for AZ.

It’s what I would view, as an employer, as The Document From Hell. It’s a typical smart-arse bureaucratic word salad that they think looks legal-ish. It would frighten most employers to their bootstraps. For mine, I would take it straight to my lawyer so he could cast his eyes over it for loopholes. I bet there are some.

The type of minds that come up with this stuff can’t be quite normal. The definitions of “workers”, for instance.

So, you must inform your employer of intent today. Then, by 22 Oct you must have the first injection and notify your employer. Same for second shot.

That’s how I would read it if I had the horrible task of doing it to my employees. Thank God I don’t. A poison chalice – if you stand in your dig and close down, then no one would have a job, including yourself.

90. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    October 14, 2021 at 11:01 pm
    Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 13, 2021 at 4:09 pm
    …..
    Now can we please move on?

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Over 31 hours. It’s almost as though the expression of a wish to move on wasn’t sincere, and that I was 100% correct in saying that It’s almost as though “move on” was code for “I’m not going to shut up till my self-approbating squirrel-pointing and handwaving becomes the last word so I can pretend I’ve proved something”.

Did somebody say “self-approbating”?
    Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bearesays:
    October 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Well, that did come as a “shock”, given that neither of those things has been mentioned a few trillion times before.

Seriously, postcode snobbery has reared its puny head, and I’m supposed to be abashed. I’ll get someone to take the appropriate compass bearing at my house and have one of those little arrows put on the ceiling so I can genuflect towards Vaucluse five times a day at prayers.

And, not just university snobbery but snobbery about someone else’s university. That would have to be the most pissweak thing ever posted on the internet.

But admittedly they’re far and away the best arguments you’ve put up in the whole thread.

91. Tim, can you cast your eagle eye over Gab’s document and see if I’ve misinterpreted anything?

I seem to be the only one who has had a look and I don’t want to mislead her.

92. The last couple of days have really underscored the truth of Twostix’s ‘Queen Bee’ theory.

One of the female commentors only has to put her nose out of the water for the ever circling ‘Queen Bee’ boomer sharks to rush in and tear the woman to shreds.

Over and over and over they do it and no-one except the heroic and insightful Twostix ever ‘calls them out’.

93. Moderna approved to give half doses to people 65 years & older as a booster shot in the US.
    The question I’ve had from the start is why does a 150kg guy get the same dose as a 50kg girl.
    Or vice versa?
    Moderna’s half dose booster shot would demonstrate that volume is a factor.

94. Wally Dalísays:
    October 15, 2021 at 1:27 am
    Very interesting observation indeed.
    But given that we’re dealing with enlightened progressive intellectuals, there’s sure to be a wholly innocent explanation.

95. callisays:
    October 15, 2021 at 6:54 am

calli/Gab,

calli’s read of it looks correct to me.

I’ll defer to the more knowledgeable about whether mRNA is the only practicable choice.

And calli I agree that it looks pretty awfully drafted.

96. Norwegian police have called the bow and arrow shootings in Norway an act of terrorism. They were committed by a Danish convert to Islam….someone who’d previously been flagged as having being radicalised. It’ll be forgotten about in a day or two.

97. 91.4% of the NSW population above 16 years old has had one shot.
    That means the NSW & Federal governments has abandoned 8.6% of the population of NSW.
    Sickening.

98. Cassie of Sydneysays:

October 15, 2021 at 7:17 am

So, not a lone-wolf Robin Hood impersonator then?

99. Uppity high flying girls from Mt. Druitt who have husbands from Cambridge and end up in Sydney’s richest suburb

Translated:

‘You will address me by my husband’s rank.’

Lizzie – that was a shit comment, had nothing to do with the statistical argument you refused to let go of, and was unprompted by anything Neilson said.

100. Thanks, Tim. I had hoped that some of the clearly legal eagles here could have a look at it and comment on it overnight. It’s the sort of thing I have to sleep on – reminded me of the Byzantine “Design Guides” put out by Councils.

101. I’m a direct descendant of Edward of Woodstock. The Black Prince.

Plus, I live in one of Darwin elevenmost premier suburbs, but you don’t see me mouthing off about that.

102. Plus, I didn’t have shoes until I was 22.

We had to go down to the cemetery at night and dig up the dead so we could have clothes to wear during hailstorms.

But look at me now!

103. Thank you, Tim & Calli.

We’ve had surveys which I said I couldn’t answer. And conversations ensued.
    So i had better write that email and send off today.

104. I’m a direct descendant of Edward of Woodstock. The Black Prince.

KD, last night there was a discussion about bypassing the woke heirs in favour of someone else.
    You should put your hand up.
    You may get gazumped by that guy from Wagga who worked for the grain elevators board who was descended from Edward IV’s brother, but even so you may get a gig in the House of Lords.

105. Alcohol home delivery service Jimmy Brings investigated after man’s death
    The Bondi man spent about $24K with the service in the years before his death
    He ordered up to three bottles of wine a day in the weeks before he passed
    investigation to determine whether RSA rules were breached by the service
    New rules for online delivery services came into effect in July this year

Australians HATE personal responsibility.

Slowly sliding towards Saudi style communism.

106. “Warning to Nationals on net zero failure
    The Reserve Bank’s warning that climate-conscious investors will ‘significantly divest’ from Australia has received backing from Josh Frydenberg, Labor and billionaire ­Andrew Forrest”

We’ve lost. It’s all over. For the last fifteen years spineless Coalition governments and conservative (cough) politicians have sat back and allowed progressive climate zealots to parrot their lies and nonsense without any collective pushback. As with SSM, euthanasia, abortion and other ideological debates, the right have just supinely capitulated and allowed the progressive left to dictate and dominate ALL debate about social issues, climate, ruinables, education and so on. If you dare to pop your head above the parapet to question or critique any of this hysteria, you’re smeared as a “climate denier” or a “bigot” or a “science denier”…..the last I find very rich considering many of the propogandists for climate hysteria rubbish also spruik anti-science lies that you can change sex or there’s no such thing as sex or you can be born in the wrong body or it isn’t just women who have a cervix.

Now the Nationals are panicking….because they know there are no “green jobs”….it’s all smoke and mirrors designed to fool people. The Nationals know it’s all lies yet they still allow Scumbag Morrison and most of the Green Liberal party to spruik their “zero emissions” fantasies. Yesterday creepy billionaire zealot Andrew Forrest declared that the Liberals should ignore the Nationals and go it alone. Well, if Barnaby and the Nationals had any spine….and of course they don’t….they should say out loud TODAY to Scumbag Morrison and the Liberals…..okay then, as of today we are walking away from the Coalition government over its “zero emissions” fantasy.

But of course they won’t….because the Nationals are no different to Scumbag Morrison and Co….they’re in it for the perks……fuck the jobs, fuck the economy, fuck the principles, fuck Australia.

Sit back and look forward to our future…..it’s going to be bleak.

107. I wonder if the time is right to mention the Panzer family estate, “Emu Plains”, stretching as far as the eye can see, with it’s prize winning stud Merino ram, “Lachlan Lad”.

108. You should put your hand up.

Don’t tempt me.

The Poms haven’t had a change of crown through proper force of conquest since Henry IV. The Wars of the Roses had decent claims to the big chair on both sides.

You couldn’t call Dutch Willie (also mentioned last night, apparently a home-renovation-TV-show-level pouve) and his venture into England in 1688 a conquest.

The Battle of Hastings was yesterday, too. KD the Conqueror. I like it. First points of order will be the banning of kippers, and the return of compulsory archery for all men 12 and over.

109. October 15, 2021 at 7:40 am
    How about direct descendants of poachers and petty thieves?

I’m descended from a lass who poisoned another woman.
    Beat that you lowly cheese thieves.

110. Gez, some of my family are rotten cooks too. Not quite at the poisoning level though.

Speaking of which, it’s dad’s 90th today and I’m doing up his favourite for lunch – lamb roast with all the trimmings.