1,513 thoughts on “Open Thread- Weekend 16 Oct 2021”

1. I am very very angry because I am being told infantile stuff from a guy who has never done science,

Yes I did. I was actually an excellent scientist up to 11th grade, but then realized it wasn’t high paying so I tossed it. Thank God , I was right again.

who isn’t a Christian,

WTF? What, I’m a Muslim, Buddhist, satantist? Of course I’m a Christian, you noggin head.

yet who thinks he knows it all.

I do know a huge amount of stuff.

I have worked in science R&D for decades and have serious experience. You do not. It’s like arguing with a four year old.

Brucie, you worked in a lab? Okay.

Here’s the point though, the AZ resembles more the traditional way vaxxes are made than the other two majors. This means you’re wrong. I’m sorry, but you can appeal to however much authority you want, but you’re wrong.
    Als0, it’s fucking way past your bed time as you need to be tucked in by 3 Pm at the latest.

2. that the Israel government is mendaciously saying that the majority of people in hospitals with Covid are unvaxxed, even if they’ve had two shots but not the booster.

I can’t remember where, but I read an article a few months back from Israel that last year and early this with the Pfizer foll out there , Israel really fkd up the administration of jabs. And that they were giving the 2nd shot a few days or a week after the first rendering it largely ineffective. The article was basically saying the bulk of new cases were from that fkd up era and now the “booster” was to put that right. What I’d like to see then are the stats from that newly boster jab cohort.

3. They’re are some seriously creepy doctors out there. How abortion ‘doctors’ sleep at night amazes me. The medical profession can be a magnet for psychopaths. I note Dr Duncan-Smith is a cosmetic surgeon. ‘Pro-disease’ eh- that’s an odd accusation to throw about.

4. There will be no bizarre conspiracy hypotheses among us Cats.

Just as well. To go with my earlier music link, I was going to go to Grace Slick and “White Rabbit”.

5. the AZ resembles more the traditional way vaxxes are made than the other two majors. This means you’re wrong.

As a matter of logic proposition 2 doesn’t follow from proposition 1. That’s twice.

6. JC – I’ve met few people as invincibly ignorant as you. They tend to be Greens. On the other hand you can trade rather well. I’ve never told you how to suck eggs trading.

7. Dotsays:
    October 17, 2021 at 11:02 am:

I am going to call this digital identity bill and the cybercrime bill the start of fascism.

The most troubling aspect – to me – is this:
    The proposed system is to be managed by the Oversight Authority. Sections 87 and 88 give the Oversight Authority complete control of the implementation of the system. Furthermore, section 89 provides that the Oversight Authority “is not subject to direction”.
    Section 156 allows the Oversight Authority to delegate “all or any of the Oversight Authority’s powers” to members of the Australian Public Service.
    Section 153 provides protection to the Oversight Authority and delegates against civil legal action for damages caused by the “good faith” implementation of the powers under the Act.
    “is not subject to direction” can only mean it is a parallel government, like the National Cabinet and is not able to have Parliamentary oversight?
    So any Public Servant can be made an officer of the Oversight Authority and have immunity to all actions?

This is Australias Enabling Act – a parallel Government with no control by the citizenry.

8. The AZ is made along more traditional lines than the other two majors.

Is there any evidence anywhere that current flu vaxx is a viral vector vaccine? I’ve seen paper looking into developments of a viral vector vaxx but not anything stating they are commercially available. And following the video I posted earlier AZ also use lipid nanoparticles when injecting the vaxx.

9. DrBeauGansays:
    October 17, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Thank you, Beaugy. That’s exactly what I wanted to know.

As for the dirty pictures; they can pay for them like everyone else does.

10. rosiesays:
    October 17, 2021 at 5:56 pm
    police stop priest performing last rites murdered UK MP

That’s seriously fucked.

Enjoying head prefect and BoN’s spat.

My understanding based on years of reading Marvel comics is that AZ is more conventional then Pfizer and Moderna. AZ uses adenovirus vector technology, in this instance a deactivated chimp flu virus, to which is attached a deactivated gene from the chunk spike protein which produces the antibody response.

The Pfizer and Moderna use mRNA technology. This is old tech but new in that it has not been used for this purpose before. This tech rewrites existing genetic info in the person so that antibodies are created without exposure to the chunk virus.

As far as I know none of the vaccines, including the J&J vaccine which is like the AZ, use aborted foetal tissue.

Don’t forget the real villains in this are the chunks and their owned US POTUS and associated arseholes like fauchi. Big pharma and shithead medial officers and cuck pollies are secondary players.

11. Nein News tonight:

“Cat stuck in a tree – and remains there because all the fireys have selfishly resigned”

“Prime Monster Goose Morristeen announces the abolition of all of the remaining rights of Ozzies”

“You will love your seventh jab or else – how I became a toxic chemical cocktail junkeee”

“Standartenführer Schwab gifts Australia with a visit to monitor Ozzies’ compliance”

And on and on and on … 🙁

12. Rog – the Small Faces were awesome, as you’d no doubt agree.

Word was that later Marriott was slated by Keith to replace Mick Taylor in the Rolling Stones but Jagger was afraid of being upstaged by him.

13. You are right cohenite
    Foetal cells were used in earlier development stage for astrazeneca, then removed and in testing for the others but none of the vaccines contain foetal cells.

14. I blame the state education system. Josemite Çam was allowed to spend far too much time at Melbourne High bullying little punks like Jon Faine and not made to spend enough time doing the “clear thinking” component of the old HSC English.

It’s a credible explanation, accounting for both Josemite Çam’s strengths and weaknesses. But BoN is right, our pollies are even lower on the scale of careful thinking. A sobering thought.

15. “It might be a time to remind everyone that this all started with ’15 days to slow the spread’. Once you complied, they went a little further.
    Now, we’re discussing whether the “unvaccinated” deserve to have access to healthcare.
    You travel fast on a slippery slope.”

Young Americans for Liberty, h/t Instapundit.
    Applies to Australia in spades.

16. “Scott Morrison is an enigma. The more you see and hear him, the more you realise that you don’t really know anything about him.”

Scott Morrison is an enigma. The more you see and hear him, the more you realise that you don’t really like anything about him.

17. Cohenite:
    1. Too many who believe, follow, practice, Islam are taught evil it is not fit to be allowed in to any modern nation , the cost of One decent human is far too much of a price to pay to allow this religion in a modern socioty.
    2. How many lone wolves are there ?
    3. If it’s non-globalist Davos concocted ideas like ‘Trump’ or ‘populism’ or ‘right-wing whateverism’ our democracy must be protected with extreme measures from these alleged pernicious threats.
    But if the threat instead is an immigrant terrorist then the response changes to democracy itself will just have to change.
    4. let me guess. Nothing to do with Islam, just a lone wolf with mental issues.
    5. It was an islamic terrorist attack…….and all precautions required to prevent terrorist attacks need to be taken.

Perhaps the work experience kid is on moderator duty.

18. I knew exactly who SM was a few years or so back when he was on the Ray H show. Ray H was completely despicable and out of order, but it did not exonerate SM lying.

19. Oh yes, one of my favourite bands of the period; as Mod bands went I preferred them to the Who.

Not that that was my period…I came on the scene a bit later.

But ’60s music was just so inventive and creative compared to the ’70s.

^^

20. Winston Smithsays:
    October 17, 2021 at 6:34 pm

That might not be intended as fascism. It may just mean that the Minister responsible for administering the Act can’t tell the OA what to do. If so, the intention may not be bad – think a Sam Dastyari clone as “Minister for Digital Identity”. It shouldn’t mean that Parliament can’t summon them to appear before a Parliamentary Committee, let alone stop Parliament passing amending legislation to clip their wings. Of course Parliament is a weak reed, but this Bill can’t solve that.
    But even if I’m right that does just punt the unaccountability from an elected spiv to an unelected one, so your basic premise is sound.

This one looks pretty dreadful. Of course we’ve got the covid full legal immunity for all vaxx pushers precedent, so “the proles will just have to suck it up if we cause a catastrophe” was an odds on favourite to become normalised in legislation. Is there any provision for any alternative means of redress for a prole?

21. Baba says:
    October 17, 2021 at 5:40 pm
    Sancho Panzer says:
    October 17, 2021 at 5:30 pm
    Fish. Friday. Halibut.

Sancho is very fishy. Confirmed!

Congratulations Baba – you’ve given Sancho Panzer / Professor Higgins / Leigh Lowe something to carp on about endlessly every day for the next 3+ months.

22. I knew exactly who SM was a few years or so back when he was on the Ray H show. Ray H was completely despicable and out of order, but it did not exonerate SM lying.

I was a bit puzzled by this, then I realised you weren’t talking about Steve Marriott.

23. Bruce of Newcastle says:
    October 17, 2021 at 6:27 pm

JC – I’ve met few people as invincibly ignorant as you.

Brucie, go back and read what I said eggsactly. I said that the do – my cardio- referred to it as a repurposed flu vax. At this stage, despite all your screaming, hollering and foot stomping he appears to be right and you’re wrong.

Brucie, you told me that doofus Eyrie was a really smart fucker. He ended up 0 for 5 in the 5 arguments he had with me. Basically, he’s an idiot. A complete fool who thinks bias is a substitute for science.

More than that, I dunno what to tell you other than it’s way past your bedtime.

24. But ’60s music was just so inventive and creative compared to the ’70s.

25. And on and on and on … ?

Right up to the weather, which is all I turn it on for, where some bimbette was telling us with a straight face that for every 1 degree warming there’s more cloud cover (or something) and lots more rain, therefore the threat of floods. What was that again about “even the rain that falls”? I guess that will be reprised during the next El Nino.

26. Farmer Gezsays:

October 17, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Rosie,

That is probably due to the vaccinated dying like flies.
    There’s two ways out of hospital.

27. Indolentsays:
    October 17, 2021 at 7:06 pm

I’m seeing the opposite from raw data – hospitalizations and deaths in UK and Oz. In relation to case numbers.

28. I agree but as all my teenage years were in the ’50s I reckon the greatest change was Buddy Holly who set the pace for that which was to come.

Spot on, P.

Buddy Holly inspired so many, including The Beatles and even the early Stones covered Not Fade Away.

A rare gift for writing a sublime melody and matching it with perfect lyrics.

And a Strat man, Rabz!

29. You’ve lived a sheltered life, Bruce.

He’s just being his usual self. The drive by at Eyrie is a tell. JC is a technical ignoramus with an ego of a politician.

30. I am very very angry because I am being told infantile stuff from a guy who has never done science …

Bruce.

31. Brucie

FFS man, the argument isn’t with me. The argument is technically between you and my cardio. I was humble enough to state that I was told such and such. You’re now angry with me for what exactly – that I mentioned a dude with a PhD in microbiology explained something to me, which I related here. Even the celebrated climate scientist and Nobel prize winner (for science – Cronkite – says you’re wrong, wrong and wrong . He suggests that I’m correct.

I still don’t understand why you’re going apeshit.

As for Eyrie. Your pal is currently 0 for 5 and nothing you say is going to change that. Get off your fake donkey and try to be a little more humble.

32. There’s a NSW senator called Hollie Hughes on the TV.

I would suggest that’s not her real name. It’s strikingly similar to Sam Kekovich in a wig, albeit his black and white stripey blouse is just fine.

33. JC, the AZ is a chimp adenovirus vector vaccine that is loaded with some covid DNA.

The covid DNA causes your cells to make covid spike protein which stimulates antibody production.

Flu vaccines are usually inactivated flu viruses that stimulate antibody production directly.

Some say that the viral DNA can become incorporated into the human genome. Possibly your doctor has had some chimp DNA incorporated into his neurones. If he asks you for a banana or throws some faeces at you during your next consult, maybe you should consider getting a second opinion.

34. JC, the AZ is a chimp adenovirus vector vaccine that is loaded with some covid DNA.

That’s interesting, eddy, but how much different are these two vaccines to each other in terms of how they are made?

35. Roger says:
    October 17, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Tobacco Sunbursts.

Used to have one.

Sold it.

Regrets!

I have one of those, an American Strat that I bought it NYC.

36. Used to have one.

I had a Tobacco Sunburst Tele with binding that I traded for the Strat, Rog. However, it was made in Japan and the fittings were poor quality – for example, the tuning pegs were an awful soviet grey metal. On my American standard, the equivalent fittings are all shiny chrome.

However, the owner of the shop gave me $800 bucks off the cost the strat ($1,700, fiftieth anniversary Fender with special gold sticker on the back of the headstock), so it was all good. 🙂

Fender don’t make American Standards anymore. Why is beyond me.

37. Haven’t had it out in years, but since I’ll have heaps of time on my hands soon, it will be a good time to pick it up again.

They call out to be played, Eddy. Enjoy!

38. Cronkite

The other week, I spoke to you about our need to change where we’re looking for real estate.

Instead of the Amalfi coast I’m heading off to cuomo. Nothing beats a house on the lake for the summer. Nothing.

Anyway we’ve got the boat for the Med.

And no, im not leaving your comments out.

39. miltonf says:
    October 17, 2021 at 6:54 pm
    Nein News tonight: You mean the Costello news.

If Costello were a PM he would have been the same as Turnbull and ScoMo, small-minded, egotistical and vengeful. At least we dodged that one.

40. Maybe you need to get another cardio guy, JC.
    One who doesn’t talk to you in small words like you’re a moron.
    On the other hand I suspect they’d all do that.

41. JC says:
    October 17, 2021 at 7:44 pm

AZ vaccines are produced in a special facility in the remote Hebrides. Teams of elite post-doc students cloned from the mixed DNA of Albert Einstein, Richard Dawkins and Boris Johnson use ultra magnifying microscopes to assemble the vaccines by hand.

Flu vaccines are just knocked out by the millions at Macedonian troll farms.

You had the AZ, right?

42. Get off your fake donkey and try to be a little more humble.

Yes, BoN, we should all be more humble when in the presence of JC. You must admit, his chutzpah is impressive. Claiming he defeated Eyrie 5/5 is just one example.

Most people taking on someone with twice their brains and ten times their education would feel a little outclassed, but not Josemite Çam.

43. Fender don’t make American Standards anymore. Why is beyond me.

Replaced by the Professional Series, apparently.

I haven’t played one so I can’t comment.

All the major American guitar companies, with the possible exception of PRS, have been impacted by poor sales in recent years, leading to streamlining of their offerings. One of the explanations is that the Asian made models have been getting so good they’ve been taking sales away from the lower tier American & Mexican (in the case of Fender) models.

44. RANZCOG

respects the right of all people to make autonomous decisions about their personal health. However, the circumstances of the pandemic mean that unvaccinated healthcare workers place both themselves, and the people they care for, at greater risk of acquiring COVID-19.

The COVID-19 pandemic poses an unprecedented risk to the health and wellbeing of the entire community.

The disease can be severe and result in prolonged illness, hospital and intensive care admission, long-term morbidity and death.

While treatments are available, clearly the most effective way to protect the community is through vaccination.

45. Crossie it wasn’t until some years after their reign that I realized how bad for Australia Howard and Costello were. Costello’s refusal to take the fight to Krudd was a sign.

46. Old bloke says:
    October 17, 2021 at 6:55 pm

I know enough about him to realise that he is completely untrustworthy. Anybody who votes for him deserves everything they get but the rest of us do not.

47. Rog – there’s also a critical mass out there of second hand ones that you’d want.

True. An dthe interwebs has made that marketplace so accessible.

But at one point I decided I’d rather be a player than a collector.

That limits me to 2 acoustics and 3 electrics atm.

Most of the time I play my PRS electric, so I could probably off load my other 2 (a Tele and AGretsch, plus the SG that I’ve loaned to my son but he’s not playing it) and not really miss them. It’s not as though I’m a session player who needs several tonal options, after all. And it’s surpising what tones you can get out of one guitar and a good tube amp with some of the digital interfaces available these days.

Anyway, the good wife is beseeching me to come to dinner.

No doubt we’ll get back to this topic again!

48. Johnnie Ray was also a path-setter for what was come.

In April 1955 I went to see Johnnie Ray at the old stadium in Rushcutters Bay. For a 15yr old sitting up in the bleachers it was a great experience.

For me the highlight was the supporting act Stan Freberg.
    Do you remember him?
    Little Blue Riding Hood

49. Claiming he defeated Eyrie 5/5 is just one example.

Well for a start I never claimed I defeated clunkhead 5/5 , doc. I said it was
    0/5 my way. 5/5 is a draw, no?

You’re a man of science who claims he can count (in between being too timid getting a leg over a hooker in Havana). Go examine my claims for the 0/5 win and if you’re able to refute any then let’s discuss.

You can’t though which is why mere ad hom is all you can do.

As for education… I achieved eggsactly what I needed in order to get a job in the line of work I ended up in. As for smarts… I dunno.. working on Wall Street for 16 years and earning a decent living that suggests I’m pretty dumb, yea?

50. As for smarts… I dunno.. working on Wall Street for 16 years and earning a decent living that suggests I’m pretty dumb, yea?

51. Sancho – Aluminum doesn’t mesh well with sigma-bonded organic compounds, like the stuff people are built of. Boron and silicon are better. I can’t even think of any biochemicals which use aluminium. Magnesium is used in chlorophyll, zinc is used in DNA reading, but aluminium isn’t in any enzymes I know of. Nor is lithium. Both are very hard acids under HSAB theory. They’re the top two.

52. The owner of a few local supermarkets reckons the new idea floating is the linking of the vax passport with your credit card.
    NAB – JAB
    ANZ – ANZeneca

53. “Psays:
    October 17, 2021 at 8:14 pm”

Fingers crossed.

54. JCsays:

October 17, 2021 at 8:14 pm

So t be scared, Sanchez. Man up.

Hard not to be scared of you JC.
    Please don’t start a stoush with me.
    Pleeeease.
    I can change my score to 5-0 if that helps.

55. It’s only a matter of time until complete compliance by way of banks ceding your financial affairs to government mandate.
    NAB – JAB
    ANZ – ANZeneca

They steal my money off me and there will be reprisals. Just sayin’.

56. I’m hoping the Sydney CBD is busier this week. I noticed that on Friday there were more people in the city. Here’s hoping more venture into the office this week as we won’t have to wear masks inside any more.

Sydney’s Darling Harbour and The Rocks are areas that rely a lot on tourism. These areas are also frequented by metropolitan residents mainly because of events or attractions going on in the City, although many just come there for the ambience.
    Today the streets were devoid of persons hence the disappointment of restaurants and staff.

57. I don’t think you’re stupid, JC. The thing is, we’re all pig ignorant and know bugger all about almost everything. But BoN, Eyrie and I have found this out, and you haven’t.

Oh really.? Actually I’m probably the only person who lives this way and walks the walk. I was criticised quite often for changing my mind when I believe I’m wrong. I’m very adaptable and humble.

Ckunkhead eyrie was trying to get me banned from here because he’s a fucking weasel.

But, getting back to humility. Go back to the 0/5 and explain who got it right.

Go!

Let me be very clear, doc. I believe everyone gets up in the morning the same way , dress in a similar way . No one’s intelligence or supposed smarts makes me in awe of them.

58. They steal my money off me and there will be reprisals. Just sayin’.

They’ve already stolen enough, and I’m cross about it, but I’ve gone along with the pretence that they’re giving me roads and armed forces and the rule of law in exchange. Once that’s so obviously fake that nobody believes it, things will change. No more doctor nice guy.

59. Apparently 89% of people in Victoria who are sick enough to be admitted to hospital are not vaccinated.
    The twitter link i provided shows the cases break up by age.
    A lot of the ‘ cases’ are children and teenagers around 7500 out of 20k.

From Australian Government data that I’ve run:

From the period 18 Jul 21 to 26 Sep 21 (which saw the Double Vax percentage go from 11.0% to 41.7%, and the single vax percentage go from 28.4% to 62.7%) there has been a slight upwards trend of the hospitalisation of all age groups below 70 years of age. These are from the latest datasets released.

Even to be generous, you’d say it has been completely stable (definitely no downward trend). Surely given that 70 years old over the same period, but that population represents hundreds of cases, not tens of thousands.

We see a similar trend in the ICU cases, but the data for the elderly is more erratic because the numbers are so small.

Summary: The vax doesn’t seem to be having a noticeable effect (hospitalisations/ICU) for age groups below 70 years old. In fact, it could be said to be making it worse, but not dramatically.

Just for those that are interested.

60. Don’t know what happened with that post but my point is that surely given the <70 age groups represent the vast majority of the population, during the period the double vax rate jumped 30% across the nation, we'd expect a drop in their hospitalisation rates for Covid?

We haven't. We have the opposite, thought it's not dramatic.

61. I need to think it through, Mater, but I just wanted to flag a question.
    Does the vaccination program by age group impact your analysis?
    I mean, people were vaccinated on an “oldest first” basis, then working down through the age groups.

62. Rabz says:
    October 17, 2021 at 8:38 pm
    I’m very ‘umble

Indeed, but we do not like to brag about it, I tells ya. ?

Rabz – Humility is my greatest virtue…

63. I’m much, much humbler than you are, JC. And much, much more modest, too.

Go on, tell me I’m wrong. ?

Wrong, no? Bullshitting, sure!

I never claimed the AZ was a repurposed flu shot. I said that my cardio had described it this way, which incidentally is an honest and humble way of making a claim. I also suggested to Brucie that the guy has a Phd in microbiology and learned his trade (cardio)at one of the best teaching hospitals in NYC.
    I carefully explained that I wasn’t paraphrasing but was described to me in those exact words.

Did I claim to be an expert in this area of science or any science for that matter. Nope I didn’t. All I did was to say that someone with some expertise in the field described it as such.

Brucie goes nuts. Then you back him up making all sorts of bullshit claims and assertions doc. However, it’s you , brucie and the clunkhead who are humble and know your limitations..according to you. Doc. Are you drunk?

64. Stan Freberg voiced various classic Warner Bros cartoon characters, including Marvin the Martian and Junior Bear; he did a lot of other things as well.

65. Does the vaccination program by age group impact your analysis?

It might, I’m only working with the data they let me have…and they are forever changing it around.

However, I see it this way. 30% of the Australian population would need to incorporate a massive number of the under 70s (given it represents about 85% of the Australian population). From that, I’d expect even a slight reduction of the hospitalisation numbers if the vaccine was doing as claimed.

There is not one age group below 70 (in decade blocks) which is demonstrating this.

Caveat: Given that they are not keen on giving us decent data, I am forced to use what I can to test the claims. Whilst not ideal, I think the contention about seeing a reduction, is solid (though not precise). The claim that it’s primarily unvaxxed in hospital seems dubious, as that group is getting a lot smaller, very quickly, but the hospital numbers are steady (at best).

As more data becomes available each fortnight (it has a certain amount of lag), I’ll be interested to see where it goes.

66. JC can’t be too far off getting “Rooster” into play. Haven’t seen it for a while. I’m not gonna warn you guys again. Don’t go full “Rooster” JC.

67. I’ve offloaded all guitars, apart from one of each which I’ve been paid for playing, which happens to be the most robust lot.
    70’s Yamaha FG-150, red label. Scuffed and dented, but precious.
    90’s Fender Jazzmaster, japanese, red sparkle and giveashit orange tortoiseshell pickguard. Indestructible.
    80’s Rickenbacker 4001, in black and white. Not easy to play, but robust and wide open woody tone. I landed on the Jazzmaster because bass playing had geared me u to pull the precision out of any girl’s guitar which I picked up, so long scale and heavy strings.

68. I see you have clarified already Mater.
    I wonder if Hunchback and Sutton have lowered the threshold for hospitalisation to artificially increase admissions create pressure on ScoMo for hospital funding.

69. but the hospital numbers are steady (at best).

And when I say hospitalisation numbers are steady, I mean by age group.

0-9: 3.4% of cases
    10-19: 3.4% of cases
    20-29: 8.5% of cases
    Etc….

20-29:

70. One other thing Doc. I also had an expert in the field totally refute what clunkhead was saying about damaging mRNA. I posted the comment. As I said, the guy I had refute his crap is actually a world renowned virologist.

71. There is possibly another factor at play in Victoria at least, as far as hospitalisation goes.

Yes, I see the possibility that that lever has been available for use during the entire 20 months of this fucking rock show…for whatever effect they needed at the time.

High hospitalisation = more panic = push lever.
    Low hospitalisation = lockdowns are working = pull lever.
    As so on…

72. DrBeauGan says:
    October 17, 2021 at 8:46 pm

I’m very ‘umble

Indeed, but we do not like to brag about it, I tells ya.

Of course not. Wouldn’t dream of it.

Of course I wouldn’t. You don’t though.

73. But the fact remains, they are now using hospitalisation rates to guilt people into vaccination, so we need to concentrate on that now. Case Fatality Rate is yesterday’s news, because deaths don’t really ‘swamp’ the public health system…so their guilt factor is limited.

74. GreyRanga says:
    October 17, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Lol. Where is the Rooster. I really used to get him so angry. Such a freaking goodie goodie too.

75. Indeed, but we do not like to brag about it, I tells ya. ?

Rabz – Humility is my greatest virtue…

I haven’t got any virtues. I’m far too humble. Besides, when I was dragged up, we couldn’t afford them.

76. Let me know if you want it posted again as this makes up one of the 0/5 wins I clocked against your knight.

No thanks. And Eyrie isn’t my knight. I’m too poor to afford one, I have to make do with daze.

77. I’m far too humble.

78. FIFO sex assault inquiry: BHP bosses Brandon Craig and Jessica Farrell to face grilling at parliamentary probe
    Danielle Le MessurierThe West Australian
    Sun, 17 October 2021 5:32PM

The Big Australian is the first among the major miners to appear before the inquiry, which was launched by deputy Liberal leader and committee chairwoman Libby Mettam in June after The West Australian’s exclusive reports — that started with BHP — on a spate of alleged sex attacks at WA mine sites.

There have been four allegations of sexual assault at BHP WA mine sites, including a fly-in, fly-out worker being charged with two counts of rape over an incident at the company’s Mulla Mulla village in the Pilbara last November.

BHP WA iron ore asset president Brandon Craig and Nickel West asset president Jessica Farrell will face questions on Wednesday on behalf of the Australian mining giant.

It is expected they will be grilled on what the miner is doing to stamp out unsavoury behaviour, including upgrades to BHP camp security and broader mechanisms to address the movement between sites of perpetrators of sexual harassment.

The Chamber of Minerals and Energy WA will also give evidence to the inquiry on Wednesday.

It is understood the parliamentary committee will travel to mine sites to speak to workers themselves and hold additional hearings — outside of Wednesdays during sitting weeks — to ensure they hear from everyone. A report is due to be tabled on April 28 next year.

In its submission to the inquiry, BHP revealed it had sacked 48 workers in the past two years for sexual harassment at its WA mine sites following 73 “substantiated” reports.

“We unequivocally and sincerely apologise to anyone who has experienced this behaviour in our workplace,” Mr Craig said in a statement ahead of the inquiry.

“There is no place in BHP for those who seek to harass or assault women, and we will take the actions necessary to rid this behaviour from our workplaces.”

Addressing shareholders at the company’s London annual meeting last Thursday, BHP boss Mike Henry said the company had boosted its education and on-site security initiatives with a further $300 million committed for security improvements in 2022.

He said this was in addition to limiting alcohol consumption at Australian camps and launching a dedicated support service to help anyone in its workforce impacted by sexual assault or harassment.

Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals Group are also among the big miners that will be hauled in for questioning.

79. Let me know if you want it posted again as this makes up one of the 0/5 wins I clocked against your knight.

No thanks.

Why not. You feel better hallucinating he was right about mRNA being permanently damaged? That’s mighty humble of you.

80. Matersays:
    October 17, 2021 at 9:07 pm

thank you, will have a look.

(The other half is writing to his union. As a result now the WA govt announcing the mandating of the jab for WA mining workers, the union has deserted the field, because the CHO “knows what he’s doing.”

He wants to point out that the “vaccines” don’t have a particularly good success rate, hence the need for some info. He said he’s going to use the EJ Whitten school of diplomacy – “we stuck it up ’em.”

81. Muddy:

I’m guessing that many of us think we are the only ones who struggle with these issues, so I’m not entirely comfortable writing this, but … Yeah.

You’re not the only one, Muddy.
    Except for the blue rabbits.
    That’s weird.
    🙂

82. BHP bosses will front a landmark parliamentary inquiry into sexual harassment in WA’s resources sector this week, as MPs plan more hearings than first expected amid intensifying public scrutiny of the issue.

Sounds like another beat up and excuse to go after FIFO. Mining camps can be worse than Melrose Place, there are the home family and the camp families for some who are disposed that way. Moranbah 10 years ago had their pearl clutchers going on about the dangers of FIFO workers, I used to exercise after shift and never saw any shortage of female walkers out on Mills Ave or Belyando Ave even after dark. Funny that for such a risky environment for women.

83. BBS,
    Here is the register I mentioned.
    You need to search by each vaccine, and it doesn’t have a field that says ‘death’, just the technical name for the reaction…heart failure, for example.

As for your husbands approach, if I can help with any info I’ve gathered, I’m happy to assist where I can.

Contact me through Dover, if you wish.

84. Andrew Bolt: Scott Morrison’s climate backflip a failure of leadership

The Prime Minister is making fools of conservatives who trusted him at the last election when he promised to save them from Labor’s global warming plans.

Scott Morrison is betraying Liberal voters who believed him when he waved a lump of coal in parliament and shouted “this is coal, don’t be afraid, don’t be scared, it won’t hurt you”.

The Prime Minister is making fools of conservatives who trusted him at the last election when he promised to save them from Labor’s global warming plans, saying its “emissions reduction target of 45 per cent will cost everybody’s wage $9000 a year”.

Instead, he’s now pushing for even bigger cuts – “net zero” by 2050 – and this time it’s supposed not to hurt a bit.

What a failure of leadership. And what a disastrous repetition of history.

When Europeans first explored Tasmania, they were amazed that Tasmanian Aborigines had taboos on eating fish, even though fish would have saved them from going hungry. They’d also lost the ability to make fire, as mainland Aborigines could.

Here we go again. Australia has vast deposits of coal and uranium ore. Coal is perfect for the cheap, reliable electricity that’s helped make us rich. Uranium is perfect for reliable nuclear power that is the zero emissions energy that global warmists demand.

Yet we’ve banned nuclear power for no sane reason and are now also making coal taboo. Morrison is now pushing his National Party partners to let him go to the big Glasgow climate summit next month with a “net zero” promise that will doom coal-fired power.

What a joke. Nothing Morrison promises will make a difference to the climate. We’re too small, pumping out just 1.13 per cent of the world’s man-made emissions.

That’s why every political leader I’ve asked – Kevin Rudd, Bill Shorten, Tony Abbott and Treasurer Josh Frydenberg – refused to say what difference their plans would make to the temperature. They don’t want you to know the answer is “essentially nothing”, as former chief scientist Alan Finkel admitted.

Nor is it clear that the small warming we’re seen should be stopped. Over the past 40 years Australia has had bigger crops and fewer cyclones, and many dams are close to full. Our planet is greening. And why is Morrison going to Glasgow when the leaders of China and India, which pump out a third of the world’s emissions, won’t say they’re going, too, instead ordering their power stations to burn more coal to avoid electricity shortages now crippling green Europe?

Morrison should just be straight with us. He’s only going because we’re being blackmailed.

Frydenberg says international investment funds, now fashionably green, will hit Australia with higher borrowing costs if we don’t promise net zero. Some European countries could hurt our trade if we don’t cave.

Morrison himself explained on the weekend we had to “deal with significant economic challenges as the world [sic] moves towards a net zero economy.”

The Prime Minister should explain his backflip by giving us those blunt realities, and should be honest: this has almost nothing to do with the climate.

It’s the green lies I cannot stand, and which insult our intelligence. We may have to give in to the blackmail, but we don’t have to give in to the bull. No, global warming is not an existential threat. No, the Great Barrier Reef is not dying. No, we’re not in more danger of dying in climate disasters.

But where is Morrison’s leadership? Most importantly, if he really does think Australia must give up its cheap and vast fossil fuels, why not campaign to end our irrational ban on nuclear power?

Morrison simply does not dare. He’s instead helping to deny us two great and proven power sources, and offering instead new green ones like blue hydrogen and green hydrogen that haven’t even been shown to work.

This is insanity to match Tasmania’s Aborigines throwing away their boomerangs, barbed spears and fish hooks.

Alan Finkel, himself a warming activist, last week conceded “in practice the future costs for both green and blue hydrogen remain unknown”.

The International Energy Agency likewise admitted “reaching net-zero emissions will require the widespread use after 2030 of technologies that are still under development”.

The Business Council of Australia this month demanded a 50 per cent cut to our emissions which it admitted – incredibly – depended on “requisite technologies (that) had not all been developed”.

And so our new-age global warming primitives walk off to a mystic future, Morrison at their head, damning technologies that made us rich and promising magic solutions the other side of that rainbow. We are watching another civilisation in decline.

85. Mining camps can be worse than Melrose Place, there are the home family and the camp families for some who are disposed that way

Seem to remember more than one very messy divorce, in Perth, when the “home family” found out about the “camp family.”

86. Top Endersays:
    October 17, 2021 at 9:28 pm
    Andrew Bolt: Scott Morrison’s climate backflip a failure of leadership

What a failure of leadership. And what a disastrous repetition of history.

Scomo is not only being blackmailed by the big hedge funds, the eurotrash, that fat fuck bojo and his green slut of a wife but also by the green dumb shits in his own party. I don’t believe he is this stupid, weak maybe but not stupid. But the real test is not for scomo but the Australian electorate although the alternative choices are slim: PHON, UAP; who else?

87. Morrison Pushes Laws to Bury National Cabinet COVID Crisis Documents

At this point, evil is the word of choice for me. Every single thing he does is against our best interests. That cannot be a coincidence.

88. miltonfsays:
    October 17, 2021 at 7:42 pm
    Hollie Hughes- two bludge ‘degrees’=>staffer for Heffernan and Fiovaranti-Wells=>Senate. All that is wrong with politics in Australia.

Uptick.
    I’d like a political party where no-one was allowed to be a candidate unless they’d spent at least 10 years post education totally outside the politics/Press Gallery/lobby group (including trade union) bubble. (But not on social welfare. Doing something.)

89. Sancho Panzersays:
    October 17, 2021 at 9:41 pm
    Andrew Blot talking about backflips?
    Fuck, that’s rich.
    He’s the reason Nadia Comaneci retired

Think of him as the conservatives’ Jim Higgs. Utterly useless for some things but worth having on the squad for the things he can do.

90. Perrotett triggered some pretty nasty lefties.

Yay! We’re outbreeding the far left!

No, you’re not.

The conservative PM of this country has implemented a left wing agenda the Greens and authoritarian faction of the ALP would be proud of.

Unless he goes full ham on Macquarie St with a wrecking bar and a copy of Atlas Shrugged, he will be diluted by the Photios bots.

91. Panzers, show some respect and listen to my advice, if you don’t challenge me on anything, you’ll find I’m actually very nice …

That beloved Sceptred Isle. No one could ever accuse the residents of taking themselves too seriously. 🙂

92. And, Mater, right on cue from the Carol Burnett Institute (from the Oz).

Hospital forecasts reduced

RACHEL BAXENDALE

93. BBS
    Stick with the irrefutable facts.

1: The vaccines are only under provisional approval.

2: The government is forcing them on the population which is demonstrably immoral/unethical and is counter to the tenets of western liberal democracies.

As Mater said it’s hard to pull out the data and when it comes to the adverse reactions issue some people head straight of to nanowriggler land.

Good luck.

94. The Burnet Institute is predicting 63 per cent fewer hospitalisations when Victoria’s Covid cases peak than it forecast less than a month ago, and 45 per cent fewer deaths between now and the end of the year.

Clearly this wasn’t arrived at by extrapolating the current trend.
    I hope the government is giving them more/better data than they give we proles.

95. How did Hughes get in the AAT?

Remember, she had a communications degree and an MPA.

These are the sort of people who will sign off on Dutton’s utterly absurd and dystopian cybercrime warrants.

96. Tony Abbott takes aim at ABC culture Nick Tabakoff

4:03PM October 17, 2021
    315 Comments

Conservative think tank the Institute of Public Affairs has never been on the ABC’s Christmas card list. And that won’t be changing any time soon, with news reaching Diary that the IPA is about to release a serialised podcast series called ‘Their ABC’, which will examine “what’s wrong with the ABC and how to fix it”.

The headline act of the new podcast series, we’re told, is a lengthy critique of the national broadcaster by Tony Abbott — who has never been the ABC’s biggest fan.

Judging by some early grabs of the former prime minister’s comments obtained by Diary, his take is likely to generate plenty of media noise.

“It seems that they are on everyone’s side but ours,” Abbott says.

“They tend to be against the Australian government, regardless of its persuasion, but particularly if it’s a centre-right government.

“If Australia is in a disagreement with another country, they tend to take that country’s perspective and assume that we’ve done something wrong.”

Abbott adds: “We‘ve tried almost everything, different managing directors, different directors … any number of observations about where things should go. But it’s the culture that’s the problem.”

Plenty of other conservatives are poised to join Abbott in the series, including his former chief of staff and Sky News host Peta Credlin, ex-deputy PM John Anderson, One Nation’s Mark Latham, and Coalition senators Andrew Bragg, Sarah Henderson, Bridget McKenzie, Alex Antic and Matt Canavan.

The interviews have been conducted over nearly a year around the country by the IPA’s communications director, Evan Mulholland. The first instalment of the five-part podcast is out next week.

The podcast will also examine at length some of the IPA’s pet subjects, including whether the ABC should be privatised, allowed to advertise, or offer a subscription service.

97. Winston Smith says:
    October 17, 2021 at 9:20 pm

You’re not the only one, Muddy.
    Except for the blue rabbits.
    That’s weird.

It’s when they start wearing yellow-striped, green trakky daks that things get weird, Winston.

98. Rabzsays:

October 17, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Do Fender make banjos?

Bespoke ones, no doubt, Squire. Send them your specs.

Well, I’d really rather not say this in front of KD, but … I’m a lefty.

99. My mistake. Higgs was a leggie. Wiki:

Ashley Mallett was Australian spinner at the time so Higgs did not play a Test on tour, but gained fame by not scoring a run for the whole tour. He batted twice and was bowled by the only ball he faced

Anything he managed to tweak would have been dwarfed by Lillee and Thomson.

100. As a sciency guy, what is your view on the theory that the vaxes contain “aluminum carbon life forms” which can be detected by airport security scanners?

What the actual fuck?
    Are you really questioning a trusted blogger like Dr Wcyxzny?

101. As a No. 11, made Glenn McGrath look like Ponting.

I was told the following story – can’t vouch for it.

His first night at training at Melbourne Uni Cricket Club he told them he was an opening batsman who bowled a bit. He looked great with the ball but hopeless with the bat, but they reasoned he might be unused to turf, so they assumed he’d come good and selected him as a batsman in the 5th’s.
    On debut he took 7/20 odd and was out 2nd ball of MUCC’s innings.
    Next week he was in the 3rd’s – out first ball of the innings but then took 5/30 odd.
    He was told to report for the firsts the next week. MUCC won the toss and elected to bat.
    “I’d better put the pads on then skipper” Higgsy said.
    “Actually Jim we were thinking of easing you into it at No. 11”.
    “Well, there goes my plan to bullshit my way to opening for Australia.”

102. However, since the National Cabinet’s inception, Scott Morrison has been asserting that the same secrecy mechanisms that apply to the federal cabinet, should apply to this body.

And following a court ruling that this was a false claim, his government is now attempting to pass laws to hide National Cabinet documentation.

Why the need for secrecy? We already know they’re bloody mongs.

103. What the actual fuck?
    Are you really questioning a trusted blogger like Dr Wcyxzny?

Noooo!
    I was hoping to drum up a bit of local support for Dr Wxzkcxzhjky.
    And possibly buy him a vowel or two.
    But Bruce didn’t come to the party.

104. Gab:
    My little bit;

I have watched in dismay as Australia has gone down the road to a Fascist State with the willing participation of the two major parties.
    This is what the Labor/Liberal Uniparty will bequeath to Australia.
    The Uniparty will be spoken of only in the whorehouses and asylums of the next century.
    The choice is yours -the light on the hill, or the guttering candle in an outback flyblown dunny.

Every politician thinks of their ‘Legacy’ or their “Place in History”.
    Their egos demand it.

105. Sancho:

I did a lot of business modelling over the last ten years, mostly for large-scale mining and (spit) oil & gas projects.

Heresy!
    Blessed be the Carbins, for they shall cool – or heat – the planet.
    Amen.

106. The International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates work in a similar fashion to existing vaccine certificates and will be available for download through the MyGov website.

But they have added QR codes that can be scanned by foreign border officials.

“If you travel overseas, and that overseas country requires proof of your vaccination status, you will have a copy of it,” Employment Minister Stuart Robert said.
    …..
    “In the same way, for example, that for the last 20 years Australians, when they travelled to Africa, they have had to carry a little international vaccination book that showed the Yellow Fever vaccination.

The lies just roll off the tongue effortlessly these days.

107. A french woman’s description of English Roses:

“Snobbish badly dressed women who look like horses”

This is not good and so wrong, I tells ya. The Green Monster.

Not having it.

108. However, since the National Cabinet’s inception, Scott Morrison has been asserting that the same secrecy mechanisms that apply to the federal cabinet, should apply to this body.

Why the secrecy?

Morrison is attempting to create a permanent new branch of government, one that meets in secret and tells us and our parliaments what the legislative program for the country is going to be going forward forever.

No joke, he’s recreating the European Commission in Australia. He’s transforming Australia into an mini-EU.

[the European Commission] operates as a cabinet government, with 27 members of the Commission (informally known as “commissioners”).[4][5] There is one member per member state, but members are bound by their oath of office to represent the general interest of the EU as a whole rather than their home state.

National Cabinet == European Commission.

This has been a coup.

109. Nine days ago the unvaccinated group in hospital was 65%. Now they tell us it’s 89%.

That is probably due to the vaccinated dying like flies.

We spoke to a bloke yesterday who is responsible for covid patients.
    A lot of them and in both hospital intensive care and home-care post-positive test.
    He gave us well over an hour of his time on the phone.
    He is kind of family so it wasn’t a consultation, it was and earnest and sober and informational act of selflessness and love.

Both the missus and I have been very VX hesitant due to severe allergies in particular, and also because we know damned well that there is nothing coherent to gleaned from the internet (expecially this forum) and next to no point talking to a GP because as usual they don’t much about shit.

Who’s gonna listen to a CH9 advertisement when journalists are even bigger whores than politicians?

Who can trust anything right now with the idiotic messaging from Govt and the shifting of goal posts.
    Can you blame anybody for their dis-belief?
    No, I don’t think so
    ffs, they shoot at you in Melbourne for protesting their own idiotic messaging, mismanagement and policy over-reach.
    FFS !! don’t even get me started on mandates

any way.

re: the cohort in hospitalized and double-VXd. Yah, they are positives that are co-morbid.
    So, one of the guys who treats them told me yesterday that they’re there because they are under care. He said they’re hospitalized because they have known comorbidities and need management.

THEY WONT be the dead ones, he said. They get VXd, theyre already compromised, they test +ve, they get in hospital, they get fixed.

The ones that are in trouble are the ones where the virus started out mild, then ate them from inside out. un or partially VXd … Inexplicable, devastating and numbering in the hundreds.

I’ll tell you another thing.
    without actually saying so, I understood why the AZ was a problem.
    Lets just say idiot policy forced it into yr arse (my words)
    but recently that’s changed
    if you came out ok … excellent

Pfizzer has been administered to billions and basically near zero problems
    We talked about anaphylaxis and all sorts of stuff.
    He said he knows of squillions and only has knowledge of 2 cases here in Vik where allergy was an issue and he said it was mild and manageable.
    a non-event.

He talked also at length about cases in people already VXnated
    About how they generally present,even if they have a positive test post VXd
    It’s a very very different illness he said.
    They wont die.
    Maybe, if they have some immune problem that they didn’t know about. maybe

But generally a VXd person who gets the bug … they prolly wont die.

no the people that do croak are the unvaxxed.
    obviously not all of them by a large proportion
    but its a fucking lottery.

I know, I’ve been pretty staunch
    I don’t believe a bloody word I hear for the most part (because yr all shit-talkers)
    but this bloke … he’s the only bloke I’d accept it from

just sayin’

110. so for a VX with vanishishingly close to zero problems versus something of a lottery if you catch the bug, it’s kind of a no-brainer.

Most people who died, vaccinated or not, have been in their 80s and 90s.

The age of an average COVID fatality was more than the life expectancy of an Australian.

I am still not convinced, given the damning Project Veritas videos.

Something is not right.

Novavax delayed (works better, safer & used less controversial research methods), doctors constrained in giving advice; “health advice” one month that is contrary to advice given later; secrecy of national cabinet and a legacy media complex (fat off rivers of government advertising gold) lecturing people in matters they are wholly unqualified in, given in an inflammatory and haughty tone.

It points to the government being unable to admit they were wrong in the first place – they overstated the risk but let in hundreds of not thousands of people positive with COVID.

They cannot ever admit they were wrong or they will lose face.

They “must” walk it back as if they averted a catastrophe and any loss; they are not responsible for.

111. Dr. Faustus,

You are dead right, the poohliticians will now have high case numbers and let ‘er rip.

Lots of waffle and BS reasons why, but that’s where we are going.

Up the workers.

112. Really? Yet you’re taking the word of a metallurgist about the AZ against a Phd in micro-biology. It’s not me. Yet you call yourself humble. Doc, get the fuck out of here, metaphorically speaking.

There’s your problem JC.

You are not doing your own validation/. Information but taking the word of “someone”. And in the case of your Doc – that someone can lose his job if he denigrates the VAXX!

Moderna Pfizer and AZ used feral cells in the production process.

Moderna is banned in Japan and Iceland completely and for the under 30’s in a swathe of countries.

The mRNA vaxx injects a bit of the COVID virus RNA into your cells, taking over and changing them, essentially tricking the cells to create that bit of the virus (the spike protein). This trains your immune system to recognise that spike and and attack it sooner.

The viral vector vaccine essentially takes a chimpanzee adeno virus and adds in a bit of the cOVID DNA into its that when the chimp virus is absorbed by your cells they again get tricked into producing the COVID spike protein.

It is critical to inject these vaccines into muscles so that the virus is created there and the body learns how to respond to it there. If the vaccine gets into your bloodstream the response may take place in the heart or brain – and that will cause the pericarditis or strokes etc.

The normal protein based flu vax works different- it exposes the body to a dead or inactive virus shell…. The whole lot! It does not trick your cells to mutate and create only a bit.

This is prob the reason why the current approved crop of vaccines are leaky – they train the body to respond to only one bit… and that bit is. It from the vaccine… but one created by your cells.

There are a million YouTube vids explaining this…

Trust but verify!

113. Except the smallpox vaccine, which was approximately as nasty as claimed for the Covid vax.

Or is that true for the current variants?

114. Most people who died, vaccinated or not, have been in their 80s and 90s.

and it is scaring the shit out of him

115. I am still not convinced, given the damning Project Veritas videos.

Something is not right.

Exactly, something stinks to high heaven. It looks like the business model is pumping out a faulty vaccine to deal with a virus that mostly isn’t going to kill you.

116. Putin said that the Chinese Communist Party leader Xi Jinping’s recent speech mentioned the possibility of peaceful reunification. He believes that China’s “national philosophy” does not advocate military threats.

I don’t think China needs to use force. China is a powerful economy. In terms of purchasing power parity, China’s economy has now surpassed the United States to become the world’s number one.” He said.

“As long as its economic potential is enhanced, China will be able to achieve its national goals. I don’t see any threats.” He added.

“The CCP can’t decide (how) to deal with Putin’s “unexpected serve”.” Yang Xianhong wrote.

He said that the CCP still doesn’t know how to respond to Putin’s remarks, telling Putin that “The Taiwan issue is China’s internal affairs, and Russia is not qualified to make irresponsible remarks.”

117. Novavax delayed (works better, safer & used less controversial research methods)

Heard from someone who would know – Novavax is never getting FDA approval. (I mean – it has been tested in tens if not hundreds of thousands of experimental cases and has much much less side effects and is better against delta and other variants – so I guess that means that it’s too much of a competitor to the big boys club of trough snouting pharmas … and that is not on eh?)

118. bloke told me yesterday that as this virus worms its way deeper into our population that the cohort getting crook is changing.

and it is scaring the shit out of him

china has a lot to answer for, their view is what are you going to do about it, nothing.

119. don’t get me wrong, I’m still very very skeptical.

the particular thing for me was clarifying that the VX risks were extremely small.

not super super small according to the nurse holding a syringe.

no, super super super small according to the Perfessor

the next trick is to rid the world of post-modern lunatics

120. Was that in the past when the vax was made from scrapings off the scab of the pox?

Or is that true for the current variants?

Could be wrong, but I understand the pox-based vaccine was replaced about 100 years ago by the version that was still being used when I was (belatedly) jabbed in the mid-1960’s.

121. Gilas:

Honest question:
    How many Cats have had a truly positive interaction with the pigs?
    Meaning: When police presence/action made a helpful contribution to a Cat’s life circumstance?

Once in NT when dad was found. (Deceased)
    Once in 70 years.

122. If we ever get out of this shit then never, ever give away taxation.

That is how the xnts have us now.

and will use the tax streams to implement phagots renewable energy crap.

123. 5/5 is a draw, no?

JC, you know very well that US sporting jargon has seeped into the Australian vocabulary.
    An American saying 5/5 is just shorthand for “5 wins from 5 games/starts”.
    o/5 is American for “zero wins in 5 starts”.
    I guess you already know that.

124. JC

love you long time but you come across as pumped up on vaxxines.

some bloke on a bench glances at you sideways because you park in a loading zone????????

fer fk sake….

I’m trying to book shipping containers and you are worried about coffee!!!

get a fkng grip.

125. If I was a Formosan and had one of the most advanced chip making factories in the world I would merely say… attack and the entire global financial system goes down.

126. I met a couple of Formosan’s once.

good blokes.

and I’ve met part of the family of a Chinese ‘Dong’.

good people.

Open Trade will make us all richer.

But kindly understand… if you have absolute power then there is no one you can talk to.

127. Rorschach

For the 4,000th time. I don’t have a problem being wrong on the rare occasion.

The appeal to authority was introduced by Bruce and the subsequently backed up by the esteemed Doc. Go back and take a look.

If these two muttonheads are going to appeal to authority ( which is what they did) then they’ve lost if they’re arguing against a PhD in microbiology.

128. So much delusion.
    So many commenters consider Scomo weak and stupid.
    Considering his actions prove him to not be, his latest example is to go against Dominic Pairo’tits desire to open up international travel , what is it with denialists who will not admit the obvious?
    He is not weak against the bad guys.
    He is one of the bad guys and he’s laughing at the gullible who think he’s just weak.
    Everything he has done proves quite the reverse.

129. Oh by the way….I had to laugh.
    Victorians telling me about ease of border crossings.
    They read it on the Internet while they can’t remember what the world looks like outside their front door.
    Keep your chin up guys.
    You’ll soon be allowed out for your summer break like last year although it will be shorter this year so make the most of it.

130. Somehow, I got onto Quora’s spamming servers some years ago.
    Occasionally, they link me to some interesting threads, like this one on the time required to recoup the cost of building a wind farm.
    Spoiler alert! From 3 months, to never.
    Just like opinions and a…holes.

In 2016, I saw a single blade from one of these monsters displayed at the entrance of the Bella Center in Copenhagen, site of the 2009 IPCC “tipping point” Conference.

43 metres in length, 6.4 tonnes of aluminium, aka solidified electricity.. From a Wikipedia reference: 14 – 16 MWh of electrical energy is needed to produce one tonne of aluminium from about two tonnes of alumina, plus environmental waste.
    Do the sums.

Our Rafe would have a field day with the delusional BS excreted by most of the responders. A couple, further down the thread, gave rational answers, quoting the nirvana of SA’s power prices… Australia in the lead, once again.

131. Cassie:

Ali’s father, Harbi Ali Kullane, 61, who splits his time between London and Nairobi and was a former media spokesman for the Somalia prime minister, has been interviewed by police and was said to be deeply traumatised by his son’s arrest.“

So NOT traumatised by his sons actions?
    No – filthy Kuffir got his just desserts….
    The media are utterly tone deaf.

132. Bruce O’Newk:

That is about as despicable, mendacious and unscientific as you can get. Two things are absolutely certain. One is that another of many waves will soon occur since they’re going in to the cold season, and secondly the vaccines will have worn off, thus the vaccinated majority will be the primary driver of the next wave.

I wonder what the Peoples Court will have to say about these mendacious mongrels after the Revolution?
    Oh. And the Purge.