22 thoughts on “Some more about pigs..”

1. I watched it last night, it’s a great. I’m pretty sure that last night I posted a link and recommended it on the Cat. It’s a superb discussion (all of Peter Whittle’s guests and discussions on The New Culture Forum are excellent) . I have long been a fan of Peter Hitchens and of his late, great brother Christopher.

I particularly liked Hitchens’ discussion about the death penalty. He always approaches difficult issues with moral clarity and incisive analysis.

I don’t think Peter is sick (however I can’t confirm that) but I think Peter is, like many of us, sickened by the state of the west.

All Cats should watch it and support Peter Whittle’s New Culture Forum.

2. Okay I don’t live in Victoria so I don’t have the same hostility towards the police force. However I do believe that the Victorian police force warrant hostility. My observations from here in NSW is that the Victorian police has become a politicised arm of the Victorian Labor government…and my concern and bewilderment at this situation stretches back to the Pell investigation and the subsequent charges, court case and gaoling. Covid has only highlighted the deep trenches of political bias permeating through the Victorian police, particularly among its senior ranks…loathsome individuals such as Patten and Cornelius, both of whom appear to be leftist stooges.

As far as I’m concerned the Victorian police is now an official state government police force for the left….and as Peter Hitchens so accurately describes when he talks about the attire the UK police force now don, the Victorian police force also look like a sinister paramilitary force, like something out of South America. Such a look doesn’t inspire respect from the citizenry, it only encourages fear and hostility and it makes the civilian population look at the police as the enemy. One thing is clear, which is that politicians, mainly of the left, have successfully transformed many police forces in the UK and here in Victoria into their personal ideological servants, their role is now to police anti-leftist thinking and activities whilst ignoring the far-left and its violence. This selectivity has been obvious over the last five years, such as the tactics used by Victorian police when Milo toured.

Whilst I don’t believe the police here in NSW are perfect, I don’t think they’ve yet descended into the same kind of sinister paramilitary force that exists in Victoria. I don’t see all police as bad, sure there are some bad eggs but I genuinely believe most are okay. Or maybe I’m just very naive. And therein lies the rub. As Hitchens says in his discussion, we want to think the best of the police, we want to trust them. It’s very old fashioned. I want to trust the police, I want to think they’ll uphold the law, do good and be good. I don’t want to live in a society where the police are the servants of the state, I want the police to be the servants of the people. Okay, I am naive.

3. So well said Cassie ?

For the first time in my life I now have zero respect for the police (here in Victoria).

I never previously called them pigs, fascists, scum etc . . . but I do now.

4. Historically, paramilitary-type police have existed (and been necessary) in states where administration of the rule of law has been difficult or impossible due to a lack of internal physical security; such as during armed insurgencies (the Second Indo-China War being an example). In theory, paramilitary police serve as a ‘middle force’ between the standard – usually lightly armed and equipped – civil police service, and the state’s professional armed forces. Ideally, these ‘middle forces’ are temporary in nature.

What significant and persistent internal threats to the physical security of the traditional ‘beat police’ of Victoria exist to warrant a paramilitary capability (beyond acute incident response units)? What enemies have been identified, but not publicly disclosed, to justify such a capability?

Might it be the case that the elite now possess a Praetorian Guard?

5. Muddy- They can still exist as a permanent and regular security institution in otherwise ‘stable’ nations.

Take for example, the Kenyan Administrative Police. Who form a national gendarmerie and are the internal security force of choice for a government deemed to be among the most stable in East Africa.

You will see blue-uniformed Kenya Police, who perform county-based community law enforcement. The Administrative Police wear khaki and have a nationwide remit. You will often see them pulling security around vulnerable places in Nairobi and elsewhere. If you are doing something particularly nefarious, you will get to meet the Kenya Police’s General Services Unit (known as ‘Recces’).

6. NSW may not have reached the standard of brutality seen in Victoria, but the Commissioner has instructed his people that they will not be held accountable for excessive use of powers granted under the SOE.

Is that not one of the defining aspects of a Failed State – one in which the arms of Government are not accountable to Parliament?

7. Thanks for posting, Arky. Fascinating discussion. I loved his description of the armoured human complete with frying pans and stomping boots, now the State’s dispenser of capital punishment.

Would I call the police if I saw “something” that wasn’t quite right? Once I would have, without a moment’s hesitation. Not too sure any more. I would have to weigh up any personal involvement with them. If they’ve lost me, they’ve lost the last vestiges of “old Australia”.

Not that they’d care. People like me don’t matter.

8. And also his visual trigger for potential unspeakable acts – the baseball cap.

A little more subtle than going full armoured Storm Trooper. When they do that the already blurred lines between community policing and political suppression wither away.

9. Thanks for posting Arky. Top shelf.

I like Hitchens’ solution to the problem i.e. scrap the current police service and start again. That’s how I feel about the ADF.

10. when Gramsci/Dutschke talk about Cultural Marxism and Long Marching through the institutions, did youse think they were gonna stop after capturing the Universities?

Whaddya reckon pol recruits get taught these days?

The force for good, the keepers of the peace, the upholders of the right … they’re all saving Nanna form covid, protecting the wymynsys, kneeling for lives that matter, appeasing the climate gods … and just doing their jobs.

Canada, UK, Portland, VikPol … skin suits.

11. bemusedsays:
    October 20, 2021 at 7:38 am
    Here’s an example of our finest at work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30HiA6fQSPU. Even if the woman was legally required to provide her details, if police suspected her of committing the crime of sitting on park bench, there’s no reason to become so violent.

exactly. Write her the ticket, tell her to be on her way, done.

Do coppers drag every driver that runs a stop sign out of their car, throw them to the ground and handcuff them? Of course they don’t

The physical violence is absolutely appalling.

12. There are a few vestiges of the old police ethos left, but not much.

As with the rest of the administrative state, the Andrews government has ramped up recruitment massively, actively pursuing a 50/50 gender balance and ensuring that any male applicants are either feminised or easily led thugs and nutcases. The recruitment ads are all about the lifestyle and benefits, 3 months paid paternity leave etc. I can accept that maybe its still different outside of the Cities.

Hitchen’s comments about there being more of them but never seeing them strike a cord (well, last 18 months aside!) – there’s 7,000 of them apparently in their new HQ office building with the heli pad on the roof down on Spencer Street – can’t bare to think what they’re all doing in there.

13. I never previously called them pigs, fascists, scum

When my son was a little bloke he went ‘Oink, oink, oink’ as we drove past a cop pulling someone over. He received an immediate lecture and threats of punishment if it happened again.

Today, I’d tell him top wind down the window and say it louder.

14. there’s 7,000 of them apparently in their new HQ office building with the heli pad on the roof down on Spencer Street – can’t bare to think what they’re all doing in there.

Going by the VIctoria Government ad I just saw on Twitter, preparing to fine anyone not double vaxxed if found sitting on a beach.

15. @Peter W:

“they will not be held accountable for excessive use of powers granted under the SOE.”

Remember near the end of the final chase scene in “The Blues Brothers”?

There is a voice over the police radio saying something along the lines of:

“The use of unreasonable force has been authorized”.

Life imitates “art”?

16. ” I want to trust the police, I want to think they’ll uphold the law, do good and be good. I don’t want to live in a society where the police are the servants of the state, I want the police to be the servants of the people. Okay, I am naive.”

Yeah – me too. Except…

I lost a lot of respect for NSW police after being deliberately misled by them in order to make their own shift easier. The efforts to suppress valid political comment (protests), while allowing others to go ahead (BLM) shows their true colours – they’ve nailed them to the mast for all to see, now they have to live with the consequences.

I can and do no longer trust them – period. Nothing they say can be taken at face value, everything must be questioned in detail.

Sad but true. And the officers have only themselves to blame for it.

17. there’s 7,000 of them apparently in their new HQ office building with the heli pad on the roof down on Spencer Street – can’t bare to think what they’re all doing in there.

Maybe we’ve found the prguy17 and #IStandWithDan bot farms…

Look up the term Maskirovka. And marvel…

18. So at 11:59pm tonight the CHO’s ‘only 5 reasons’ to leave home are removed and with them the ability for VicPol (Andrews) to claim that protests are illegal, check walker’s coffee cups, viciously assault peaceful citizens sitting on park benches etc.

So what do we find in the papers today?, a VicPol spokeswoman declaring that enforcing this whole thing has been awfully tough on poor members and the Govt should bring back an official approval structure for ‘events’ that organisers can apply for. Transparent much?

Having apparently successfully trolled the fascist police state into rolling out their full armoury for nothing last weekend, I won’t be surprised to see a big protest this weekend instead.