3,373 thoughts on “Open Thread – Mon 17 Jan 2022”

1. “Tee hee. But they did raise it. I’m not quite sure it is a free pass, Cassie.

The paper is making sure the link remains in the public consciousness.”

You’re right Calli and good. But imagine the MSM hysteria if the woman’s name was Katherine Howard or Katherine Abbott.

2. I’d love to see Koch booted. Not deported, mind. Maybe posted as “our man at Heard Island”.

He should like it. It has a volcano he can toss virgins into.

3. No worries Pogria.
    I don’t look at all the pics on the imgur scroll either. That one took my attention because Jim Jones would be a star on CNN not Fox.

4. Seeing we’re talking about fascist lefties, John Hinderaker asks the question:

Are the Democrats Becoming a Fascist Party? | Power Line (19 Jan)

I would contend they always were. One of the most successful gaslighting project in world history is the Left’s success in painting fascists as righties, when they were always of the Left.

And boy have they been showing there colours here in Australia lately. Even oversea commentators are saying so regularly (whilst forgetting to note that Ponygirl, Sneakers and Dan are Labor).

5. Farmer Gez says:
    January 20, 2022 at 8:05 am

It’s a service like Google, look at the offerings and ignore the rest.
    A lot of left wing, or at least objectionable, crap is being posted here too. Should we all avoid Dover-cat?

I shouldn’t have to do this.

No, you shouldn’t. As I said, just look at the picture posted and that’s it, if you choose to go further, that’s your affair.

I was merely pointing out that images on the service often are far left and historically ignorant. I thought the Jim Jones/Fox news pic was a complete howler and Cats may find it interesting.

You selected to go further and found something you object to, I have never seen that bc I looked at Pogria’s picture and that was it., your problem.

Name a popular mainstream internet service, not on the dark web, that is not of the left! I dare you.

Should we not use them? Cut noses to spite faces springs to mind.

6. Ah yes the Verminous David Koch. I havent seen his latest marxist rant I avoid at all costs. Supercilious bloated with selfsatisfaction and authority dripping lies and misinformation from the tips of his venomous bifurcated tongue.

7. Gabor says:
    January 20, 2022 at 8:31 am
    LNP.Farmer Gez says:
    January 20, 2022 at 8:24 am

Can’t help yourself.
    Not a lot of choice in the bush but there’s not a chance in hell I’m voting LNP.
    Any other unsupported assertions you can think of?

8. Eyrie says:
    January 20, 2022 at 8:34 am

Anyone got a right wing alternative to Imgur?

yeah, it got out of hand, I’m sorry, but to complain about a delivery service is silly.
    Would you not take a letter delivered by a hard core communist if your ideology differed?

9. Keating has been based in the United States for many years. She started her career in NSW state politics and consulting before moving to New York in 2010.

She is understood to work in philanthropy and has an extensive contact list including political leaders, celebrities and socialites. Keating’s LinkedIn states she is currently managing director at KKMetamedia.

No real job yet wealthy and successful. There’s a lot of money sloshing around in The Deep State and most of it is yours!

10. Inspired by the Ace of Spades post.

Just before I die, 70 years from now, I will take great pleasure in rasping out my final words:

‘At least I beat covid.’

11. feelthebernsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 8:53 am
    Starbucks is lifting the vaccine mandate for their US employees.

Wheels coming off the narrative across the world? So we’ll be dragging it out another six months or so then.

12. these TV ‘personalities’ seem to be seriously nasty narcissists

Not to mention blessed with brains the size of peanuts, which you can hear rattling around their thick empty skulls when in their proximity (not to be advised).

13. During the Djokovic hearing, I think it might have been kept under wraps that the judges themselves were exempt from the vax.
    The argument could be, though, that while the judges could deport an exempt person because that person was in some way influential, the very power to deport did not itself mean that the judges were influential. No, for it seems that the judges can not only influence but can moreover effect outcomes – without being influential in any way at all about the vax.

14. Starbucks? Wokest of the woke, apparently.

Business will beat ideology every time. It may take some time, but it does.

Unfortunately, government is owned and operated by ideology.

15. UK Labour has had some very loud anti vaccine passport voices.
    And anti mandatory vaccine.
    I wonder if those voices will remain like that if they form a government at some stage in the future.

16. miltonf says:
    January 20, 2022 at 7:48 am
    TV has been one of the worst inventions of the 20th century. It has spawned and incubated the most loathsome parasites imaginable.

On the other hand the internet was a real eye opener, in particular the comments section (not here obviously). TV starts to look like a representative sample, filtered by those in possession of a good haircut and a willingness to offer sexual favours.

17. England’s sharp Covid U-turn is being dismissed by the usual suspects because Boris Johnson is an oaf, drowning in a tank of scalding political shite.

But wee Nichola Sturgeon is independently doing similar things in Scotland:

Covid Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon announces restrictions on indoor events and hospitality will be scrapped from Monday and vaccine passports will not be extended

The UK politics are such that she is not blindly coat-tailing Bozza.

18. NOW – UK PM Boris Johnson: “The government will no longer mandate the wearing of face masks anywhere.”

Yeah, and the CDC has now said that cloth face masks don’t work. Which we’ve been saying since day 1, and even Fauci admitted internally in March 2020, before backflipping. So now they’ve backflipped again and Rand Paul is not happy.

Rand Paul Wonders If YouTube Will “Kiss My… And Apologize” After CDC Admits Cloth Masks Aren’t Effective (19 Jan)

“Does this mean snot-nosed censors at YouTube will come to my office and kiss my … and admit I was right?” Paul tweeted.

And I think he has a very good cause for being unhappy. When you have these backflips over and over, with the admissions that the right was correct all along you wonder why anyone could ever now believe the CDC, AMA, TGA or any other Cathedral health fascists.

19. “With five new faces in the chambers this term, I look forward to working with all councillors on projects that make real change,” Cr Palmer said.

New faces.

Erm…really?

20. “With five new faces in the chambers this term, I look forward to working with all councillors on projects that make real change,” Cr Palmer said.

Will the garbage bins still be picked up?
    Great, now how about those potholes.

21. They drive me insane, Bern.

I wish they’d “include” some resurfacing and drainage diversity works.

22. They’re always mouthing about diversity and inclusion and all the other MongWords, but the roads here are atrocious.

There is a direct inverse relationship between the amount of diversity mongering and the status of basic services. Almost as if it were a law of nature.

23. Nope. Leah Anderson is a Laybor Diversity Wymmyns.

From a recent press release:

She said that the environment and climate change were important issues that also needed council attention.

“I would like to form a climate advisory committee consisting members of the various community groups such as Climate Action PS, TRRA and Eco Network with the council experts to meet needs of the community.”

Mmmhmmmm…

That’s sorted the crappy roads then.

24. Knuckles

I got to be a cooler by default.

By being nice.

My headstone will say “I asymptomatically infected millions with COVID”.

Anyway

25. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places.

Related: drunk fat and stupid is no way to go through life son. That leaves weight loss as an option.

26. Without words.

Zimbabwe’s climate migration is a sign of what’s to come
    Climate change will force tens of millions of people in sub-Saharan Africa to migrate by 2050. In Zimbabwe, it’s already started.

Zimbabwe biggest problem is climate change.

27. That’s sorted the crappy roads then.

Maybe suggest to Mzzz Anderson that she push for a VFT from Newcastle. That way ebil private cars would be unnecessary and she wouldn’t have to fix the roads.

28. you won’t be there when they fill in the official paperwork.

Ech! Not his problem.

Especially not when the headstone has been pre-ordered… 😉

WhereThere’s

29. Bwah ha ha ha ha, calli.
    I am on a ‘citizens consultative group’ at our local council.
    My suggestions around things like ‘Focus on Potholes’ has a few people shifting in their seats.
    If all those present used the barrows they are pushing to fill potholes, we’d be a lot better off.

30. TaliDan has reversed the decision to ban IVF procedures.

Lax History 2:2
    Such is the power of the undead, that Dan raised his hand and he smote all disease from the land.

31. TGA provisionally approves Novavax (Biocelect Pty Ltd’s) COVID-19 vaccine NUVAXOVID
    20 January 2022

Well fuck you! Stupid useless arseholes. To late for pretty much everyone.

32. BTW, IVF procedures are now largely used by people that delayed children well past the peak of their childbearing years or it’s arrangements that per se cannot have children (singles and gays). It is hardly ever a couple in their mid-late 20s that is finding it difficult because of some medical condition to have children.

33. On the wiki page for Novavax, is show that testing has only been done for the Alpha strain, with no reports for Delta or Omicron. So, why bother except for getting a tick to travel.

34. Novak Djokovic preparing to sue the Australian government for $6m over visa scandal

Lauren Wood
    Sports Reporter
    @LaurenHeraldSun
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    36 minutes ago January 20, 2022
    No Comments

Novak Djokovic could be considering suing the Australian government for an eye-watering figure for “ill treatment”, according to a report from the UK.

The Sun is reporting that the Serbian tennis star – who was deported from Australia on the eve of the Australian Open in the wake of a week-long visa battle with authorities – is in talks with lawyers about suing the Australian government for more than $6 million.

It claims that the figure includes the total amount of Australian Open prize money that he could have claimed had he won the tournament.

During the first court hearing against Border Force’s decision to cancel Djokovic’s visa, AHWC Immigration Law principal lawyer Maggie Taaffe told the Herald Sun that action could be on the cards.

“ It’s possible he could certainly make a claim for compensation for being detained unlawfully because that was what the decision ultimately came to – the decision was procedurally unfair, it was unlawful,” she said.

That call came after Judge Anthony Kelly handed down orders quashing the Border Force officer’s decision, finding it was unlawful.

35. Who cares? Getting invaded is our best way out of this mess.

Sadly, true.
    Sadly, this is what many many French said prior to the WW2 invasion.

36. Novak Djokovic preparing to sue the Australian government for $6m over visa scandal

Watch Scott passionate fingers channel McGowan and pass legislation to stop it based on focus groups feedback. Sad thing is at the moment while I am only being tongue in cheek part of me wouldn’t put it past them…

37. The real issue with the IVF ban was that private patients in private hospitals were still going ahead but there is no capacity in public hospitals.
    The ban was all about class envy.
    “If I can’t have it, no-one can”.

38. SloJo to Vlad: Expect sanctions.
    BoJo to Vlad: Expect missiles.

To be fair the Usurper lobbed $200m worth of goodies to Ukraine today. Not huge, but would buy a fair number of Javelins and Stingers.

US Boosts Military Aid to Ukraine as Russia Tensions Soar (Newsmax, 19 Jan)

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — As U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken visits Ukraine, the Biden administration said Wednesday it’s providing an additional $200 million in defensive military aid to the country amid soaring fears of a Russian invasion.

I suspect it’s on its way already. One plus of having Biden owned by leftist corporate types is the military industrial complex is one of those owners, and they do like selling stuff to willing buyers.

39. callisays:
    January 20, 2022 at 9:29 am
    Local stupidity summed up in one picture.

What is it with local government?

At about the same time they announced that rates (which have increased by more than inflation every year this millennium and as far back before that as I’m aware) could only be increased by about 2 or 3 times the inflation rate because of a decree by Maximum Leader, and were therefore (so it was said) no longer sufficient to fund services. Their idea to solve the problem was to charge other fees for garbage collection and other actual services, leaving rate revenue available for bloated admin, “expenses” and other troughing, and grandiose vanity projects like said druggo memorial.
    I infer that the pushback from ratepayers was sufficient for the druggo memorial and service fees both to be shelved. Of course appalling “progressive” ideas never truly die, so I’m waiting for both to re-emerge some time soon.

40. Another ALPBC j’ismist raised in the Marxist kindergarten of JJJ and unable to let go of Aunties apron strings.

Has a sweet gig as European correspondent atm.

From his piece: Asian cricketers need to be twice as good as whites to be selected for the England team.

Haseeb Hameed’s County average last year was 37. Hardly stellar, let alone twice that of Rory Burns (47). In fact, it was the second lowest of any recognised batsman in the County championsip.

41. This guys whole YouTube channel is now pretty much built on shit and spastic things happening in Victoria:

Is he only operating one channel? Surely there’s enough material to expand.

42. If you had statues of dead junkies in Richmond you couldn’t use the footpaths.

It’s hard enough using the footpaths stepping over the live ones.

43. 01:39 Report reveals Fauci’s China investments
    03:44 Study: China’s real virus deaths may be 1.7m
    07:07 China’s Covid-19 scare over post and pets
    09:08 Team co-owner: ‘Nobody cares about’ Uyghurs
    11:12 Philippines buys missiles, boosts deterrence
    12:21 Report: Japan, U.S. jointly stockpiling munitions
    13:36 China’s interest in a Sri Lankan port: Explained
    19:13 No sign of upturn for China’s property crisis
    20:08 College lecturer fired over class discussion

44. TGA provisionally approves Novavax (Biocelect Pty Ltd’s) COVID-19 vaccine NUVAXOVID
    20 January 2022

Well fuck you! Stupid useless arseholes. To late for pretty much everyone.

Might just be in time to save my job, but at this stage I am in two minds about it. Any of the current vaccines and boosters are of no use combating disease. Their only use now is to combat stupid government mandates….but then it feels like I am enabling it.

45. At about the same time they announced that rates (which have increased by more than inflation every year this millennium and as far back before that as I’m aware) could only be increased by about 2 or 3 times the inflation rate because of a decree by Maximum Leader

Only 2 or 3 times the infaltion rate, eh?

There’s an enormous productivity dividend to be had by subjecting councils to performance standards. Wages & salaries are rising as services decline and indicators are that corruption is on the rise too.

46. First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe

Andrews: Three doses needed to be protected (Skynews, 20 Jan)

Perhaps he could try magic amulets instead?

47. mcsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 11:39 am

48. Foreigners have always been welcome in the English Test side. For a while there a white Englishman had about as much chance as a middle aged white man has of securing a management appointment.

49. The Sun piece, Zulu @11:06 referred to:

NOVAK Djokovic is in talks with lawyers about suing the Australian government for £3.2million for “ill treatment”.

Insiders say the damages figure includes the £2.3million prize money the world No?1 expected to have won.

Perhaps the plan is to use a Serbian court…

50. The City of Yarra (largely correlating with Adam Bandt’s federal seat) floated the idea of using ratepayers’ money to build a memorial to dead drug addicts.

Pete Steele? I didn’t know Type O Negative had so many fans.

51. A journalist at The Daily Mail writes that “top doctor” Norman Swan has a “doctorate” in paediatrics.

Fact check: He was awarded a diploma in child health in the UK in 1978.

His only doctorate is honorary, courtesy the University of Sydney.

Which invites the question, when did Australia’s “top doctor” last practice medicine?

Last time I checked to remain registered a medical practitioner has to work in a clinical setting one day per week plus fulfill other requirements. Australia’s “top doctor” might be fulfilling those requirements, but I’ve never heard him speak about it, which is curious given that he’s such a loquacious chap. I know he has been a consultant -not in the medical sense but the business sense – to many organisations over the years on medical and ethical matters but I doubt that would count.

Inquiring minds…

52. my 17 y.o daughter is furious at me for not getting her j@bbed to date. I promised her novavax … I’d rather not, but probably won’t be able to get out of it for her.

This protein vaccine is provisionally approved and included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) for active immunisation to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 18 years of age and older.
    TGA

53. rosie says:
    January 20, 2022 at 11:51 am
    a very good article at unherd by Vinay Prasad about the issue of vaccine discussion censorship

Yes it is.
    Tramples on nearly everyone’s corns.

54. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 11:27 am

That was a victory. Owe town got a ‘Princess’ Diana fountain that was originally proposed as donations only and ended up built with the infrastructure budget.

55. Psays:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:11 pm
    … individuals 18 years of age and older.

Right well then…. fuck it, it was just for compliance sake anyway. I wonder if the gumnit is making it compulsory for schools. Although hardly worth worrying about given the propaganda from Vicgov.

56. Andrews: Three doses needed to be protected (Skynews, 20 Jan)

Perhaps he could try magic amulets instead?

He has in the past, but they interfere with people’s breathing and the elastic can make people’s ears sore. They’re still required in some indoor settings, though.

57. ALP hopeful Misha Zelinsky’s book ‘demeans women’

exclusive
    Brad Norington
    Associate Editor
    @BradNorington
    An hour ago January 20, 2022

A senior union official seeking preselection for a safe Labor seat on the NSW south coast at the federal election faces a backlash from party women who say a book he co-wrote about “getting dumped by arseholes” is demeaning and inappropriate for a male political hopeful.

It is the second time Mr Zelinsky, a long-time official of Bill Shorten’s former union, has made a serious bid for Cunningham after unsuccessfully attempting to unseat Ms Bird in 2015.

Supporters of Ms Byrnes, a political staffer for Ms Bird now seeking her own political career, say the book Mr Zelinsky co-wrote “He’s an arsehole anyway: how to deal with being dumped by the arseholes themselves” is offensive and inappropriate for someone seeking public office.

Mr Zelinsky, 37, has apologised for the book, which he co-wrote in 2012 while serving as an official of the AWU, but Byrnes supporters say the book’s 200-pages raise questions about Mr Zelinsky’s judgment and reflect his attitudes towards women.

One said: “He might try to dismiss this as a prank book but women have to deal with the stress a book like this generates.

“It reinforces attitudes against them.”
    Getting over a break-up: Quotes from Labor preselection candidate’s published guide

1.“You’ve gotta stop thinking like a girl. That’s right, it’s time for you to start thinking outside the kitchen.”

2.“It’s true – girls make dumb decisions time after time.”

3.“At least in pornos there is plausible plot development, i.e., pizza delivery and the girl has no payment.”

4.“This book isn’t going to teach you how to hang onto a guy (for this we generally recommend some kind of cookbook and/or the Karma Sutra.”

5.“In a break-up girls are often their own worst enemy. They turn a moderately painful break up into a break-up that makes World War Two look like a back alley pub fight.”

6.“If you cry at work after a break-up it will make your male colleagues less interested in sleeping with you at the office Christmas Party, knowing how emotionally unstable you are. Bunny boilers are very scary – trust us.”

7.“Tip: The Blame Game is just like Monopoly – it’s boring for everyone involved, takes way too long, doesn’t involve real money and will most likely result in an act of domestic violence.”

8.“He was a casual sex partner, not a boyfriend. His only real obligation to you was to not give you any diseases and to give you enough money for a cab or the morning after pill.”

9.“’Landing a man’ is often more important to a girl than her career, inner fulfilment, personal ambition, well-being or bigger boobs.”

10.“While Suzie looks a helluva lot better, she is still fundamentally the same crazy bitch that she was when she was dumped.”

11.“Alcohol is not free – it doesn’t just magically appear in women’s hands after smiling at a guy – some idiot had to buy it for you.”

12.“As a result of extra attention from men, Suzie makes an error in judgement thinking that she is popular and these guys are genuinely interested in her as a person. They are not. Suzie is not popular, her vagina is. Suzie is effectively a living and breathing blow up doll.”

13.“Girls need to stop having sex with their ex’s (sic). It is amazing how many girls get this one wrong as it’s the simplest yet hardest rule for girls to follow.”

14.“Single guys have infrequent and unsatisfying sex with ugly women.”

15.“Suzie loved her ex, much the same way as a pig loves not being bacon. She seeks the counsel of her idiot friends – unsurprisingly Suzie’s idiot friends dole out idiotic advice.”

16.“Suzie wakes up in the morning (after having casual sex) and feels like a cheap slut.”

17.“You may have swallowed so much of his DNA that you are now genetically the same person.”

18.“You also may have the same sexual quirks with your ex. If that’s the case it is perfectly understandable that you want to continue the sexual exploration between you, your ex and his dog.”

19.“Girls that can have sex without emotion: Sluts, Crazy Bitches and Girls on European Vacation.”

20.“A rumour goes around about Suzy’s ex finger banging another woman (total slut, after all, everyone knows that if you are going to finger bang you do it on the dance floor and not at the bar).”

58. So novavax is approved the day after I effectively lose my job because it’s logistically impossible for me to get jabbed to standard by the end of the month.

I continue to be wildly impressed with the governance and institutions in the western world. /sarcasm.

59. Thanks for the novavax research and extension link, rosie.

It’s good of them to be pursuing their due diligence. But I firmly believe the bugmens’ hive mind was already long made-up on Novavax back when provision was first sought last January.

Another 3-6 months at minimum of bureaucratic zombie-walking will ensue.

Or until the stocks of Pfizer and Moderna finally go off (more likely) or run out.

#ConsumeMoarProduct!

#GetHypedForMoarProduct!!

60. Australia Post as a decrepit service. Recent events:

Rural Russia to Sydney 10 days. Cleared customs 1 day. Sydney to Brisbane (Aust Post 16 days)
    Melbourne (ex warehouse) to Adelaide metro 23 days (Aust Post parcel delivery).
    Brisbane to Brisbane (Aust Post parcel delivery) 5 days and still waiting. Tracking doesn’t even show it ready for delivery.

These are just a sample. How the fvck do Aust Post management justify their salaries. If ever there was a ‘service’ in desperate need of reform/overhaul, Australia Post would be top of the list (followed by the ABC). For contrast (yes, FedEx is an entirely different animal) two separate FedEx deliveries in the past 10 days.

Italy to Brisbane (FedEx delivered) 4 days
    Spain to Brisbane (FedEx delivered) 4 days

61. Given the full bench of the Federal Court found Djokovic was lawfully booted, you’d think he might struggle with the £2.3 million prize money part of the claim.

Could shine a light on the conditions of his fellow detainees, in which case it’s another own goal by the Morrison government.

62. Given the full bench of the Federal Court found Djokovic was lawfully booted, you’d think he might struggle with the £2.3 million prize money part of the claim.

Yes, but the first hearing in the Federal Court found he had been unlawfully detained. Perhaps that’s the one they are focussed on.

63. But I’d have thought it bad PR for him personally. It’s not as though he needs the money.

* Not difficult.

64. Speedboxsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:27 pm
    Australia Post as a decrepit service. Recent events:

Gillard having AusPost buy out Star Track was spiteful pinko unionist sabotage.

65. Based on his history I would not be surprised if he donates it to charity. I don’t think the money is the issue, he is after the titles. If he can further embarrass* the Boofhead and Friends excuse for a Federal Government then that’s an added bonus.

But as any return to the country over the next three years to compete depends on him being in the good graces of the Australian government, I would have thought embarrasing them internationally on the sensitive subject of immigration detention to be not a particularly wise move.

66. FedEx May be delivering but DHL is sinking like the Titanic. Parcel from the US posted November 18th with tracking has gone who knoweth where. Tracking info on DHL website gives a long winded error message equating to ‘We have no idea where it is.’ It then suggests I take it up with the sender.

So am I understanding this gem of customer service correctly? We have charged you and the sender for the luxury of a tracked package but we take no responsibility when we have not bothered to track it? Brilliant marketing strategy. I’m now looking at Sendle as a far more reliable option.

67. …depends on him being in the good graces of the Australian government

68. I was waiting for this, didn’t want to enable the bastards either. Don’t think I will take it, but my 17 y.o daughter is furious at me for not getting her j@bbed to date. I promised her novavax … I’d rather not, but probably won’t be able to get out of it for her.

That Jo,
    I am in a similar position with my 18yo daughter. I don’t think I can stop her now.

69. That’s a sentence incredibly loaded with expectation, unreliability and complexity in the current environment.

Morrison left the door open after the decision. I suspect Albo, a much more ruthless operator, might not be so magnanimous if there’s a political angle to be exploited. Much will depend on the washup from the king tide of covid madness.

70. Looks as though the claim will be in regard to his treatment in detention rather than the visa decision. His mother is already talking to the press about maggoty food and bed bugs.

No doubt.

71. Local stupidity summed up in one picture.

What odds that, just like the French politicians, it is all for the camera and the masks disappear straight after?

72. I would have thought embarrasing them internationally on the sensitive subject of immigration detention to be not a particularly wise move.

He may not give a rats arse.

73. I would have thought embarrasing them internationally on the sensitive subject of immigration detention to be not a particularly wise move.

He may not give a rats arse.

Possibly not.
    His sponsors might.

74. Might be wise to let a few more test subjects bravely get injected with Novavax and see how the side effects, effectiveness in the wild, etc, go for a few months at least.

75. The total number of doses they intend mandatorily giving you is six. Two last year, three this year and at least one this time 2023.

There’s no surprise. This has been mainstream knowledge since April last year when Israel were telling the world that two doses don’t work and they were already talking about the third. Now we’re on three and they on four. See how this operates?

Why do you think Australia has 280 million doses of it secured in contracts until next year? Are people this propagandized and blind?

At some point governments will have to stop pretending and the bizarre theatre about these ‘decisions’ made being ‘on the fly’, and people will have to stop pretending they believe it. Everyone knows the reality of what’s happening, at least deep down.

That’s not to say they’ll get to six though, politics can happen, but people will have to choose to refuse and go through the uncomfortable moment, to many a mentally impossible situation, of being outside of the mob. Of being the target of vilification for a moment.

76. I would have thought embarrasing them internationally on the sensitive subject of immigration detention to be not a particularly wise move.

Quite.
    In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.

77. Megan. I used to use DHL for secure document delivery in Asia, they used to be very good. However somewhere in that time they went from marked vans & uniformed couriers to sub contracting to ununiformed men on motorcycles and that was where we noted the slide. Concerned about the security of the documents I stopped using them.

Recently heard from a mate whose Thai mrs tried to send something home with Pack and Send (DHL their courier), absolutely hopeless now and she thinks there might be some kickbacks with Thai customs going on. They tried to extort more than what the package was worth in “customs duties.” For perspective she had sent dozens of packages by Australia Post till COVID and never once had one lost or stopped for duties.

78. hzhousewife says:
    January 20, 2022 at 11:02 am

I’m taking it so I can get some cardiac surgery done. I reckon there’s a fair chance I’ll get Covid while in hospital or recovering. I don’t want to get full strength Covid while also recovering from the cardiac work.

79. Somebody gets my Marlboro for me.$175 a carton.
    The excise on alcohol and tobacco is extortionate.
    If the Governments weren’t such filthy fascist squander monkeys I would feel less smug about it.

80. But that episode didn’t contribute to him being rissoled from the Open and missing out on the potential £2.3m.

No, it’s a stretch.

I suspect some misreporting may be going on here.

And that Novax might take a more philosophical view on it than his family.

Missing out on 2-3 Australian Opens puts quite a dent in his quest for all-time greatness.

81. Rogersays:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:09 pm

Fact check: He was awarded a diploma in child health in the UK in 1978.

His only doctorate is honorary, courtesy the University of Sydney.

Facts are racist. Trust the experts.

82. Previous to the deportation of Djoker he was playing freely from what I could see. Now a bunch of countries and tournament organisers are moving to end the exemptions. He wont be able to play till the madness passes and that’s if ever. Look at from his point of view, if I am going down I am going to take people with me.

Not only that there are a lot of Eurotrash NGO’s that hate Australia’s Border Protection Regime, Oxfam for one. Don’t discount them stirring the pot behind the scenes.

83. Might be wise to let a few more test subjects bravely get injected with Novavax and see how the side effects, effectiveness in the wild, etc, go for a few months at least.

Apparently Indonesia started using it November 2021. First country to do so. I’d be interested to see their experience.

84. Roger says:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:09 pm

He was initially hoping to be an actor but failed in his application for the UK equivalent of NIDA. Following that he did medicine in then came to Australia as a paediatrician and according to his wiki page which phrases it as such: “moved away from medicine in the early eighties”. Strikes me as a curious attempt at elision. So, he last practiced medicine on a patient nearly 40 years ago.

85. Roger says:
    January 20, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Speaking of Novak, the AO still has him front and centre of their promotional material. I wonder if it’s not an oversight but deliberate?

I’d say that Tiley and Hrdlicka are both cleaning out their desks ready for getting the arse the day after the men’s final. Promo material may not be uppermost.

86. Rogersays:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:09 pm

Fact check: He was awarded a diploma in child health in the UK in 1978.

His only doctorate is honorary, courtesy the University of Sydney.

Registration Type – General
    Registration Expiry Date 30/09/2022

Qualifications
    Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of London, Royal College of Physicians of London, United Kingdom, 1980
    Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 1976
    Diploma in Child Health, Royal Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons of London, United Kingdom, 1978

87. Rather than “Top Doctor” it might be more accurate to describe him as failed luvvy and fraud.

We know he’s a luvvie.

Can you imagine the furore if someone like Nick Coatsworth was found to be talking up his credentials?

Or perhaps the journo honestly confused a diploma with a doctorate.

We should expect a correction tomorrow.

88. Thanks Duncan!

Would still like to know where he’s practicing though.

Perhaps he keeps it a secret so all his fans don’t show up for a consultation with the thinking woman’s sex symbol. Swoon!

89. Dotsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:54 pm
    I may get diagnosed with COVID. I promised work to get Novavax but I’m not comfortable about it.

I don’t think the diagnosis gives much of an exemption any more. My boss has 30 days after recovery from COVID to get his booster shot – and he’s all for it.

I promised work too, but not keen to rush into Novavax either – might just get a new t-shirt and carry on… https://aussiebotstudio.com/shop/battleground-melbourne/bgm-womens/good-people-break-bad-laws-topher-field-5/

90. Tucker Carlson found so much wrong with Biden’s two hour press event that he’s going to continue shredding it during tomorrow’s show.
    Daytime Sky did a brief mention of it but (unsurprisingly) found nothing negative about it at all. It would be a significant day when they managed to be at all critical of the Democrats, their destructive policies or the cheating during the 2020 election.
    Next week we might have some of the big names back for the other side of such stories (Sky After Dark) starting with Chris Kenny at 5pm Monday.

91. Remember last summer when a mass grave containing the remains of hundreds of children was found on the grounds of a former government boarding school for indigenous children in British Columbia, Canada?

In the seven months since this shocking news broke, not one body has been found, and not a single shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question. Contrary to the worldwide media coverage last summer, nothing, in fact, has been “discovered” on the grounds of the Kamloops Indian Residential School.

The whole story, it seems, was concocted to stir up hatred against Christians and stoke outrage. It succeeded.

92. What’s this about then?

The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) has told former basketballer Andrew Bogut he could be prosecuted for his social media content.

Mr Bogut, who isn’t affiliated with a political party, has been issued with a letter over a video he posted on social media opposing the Andrews government’s pandemic legislation.

The video featured images of key crossbenchers who were voting in favour of the amended laws and the words “vote them out”, and directed people to a website with the same name.

In a letter, the VEC says the post “likely constitutes an electoral advertisement”, and warns “further offending against section 83(1) of the Electoral Act may result in prosecution”.

93. The supreme court decision sets a precedent for other documents to be released from other former Presidents presumably.

These people are stupid!

Sucked straight in.

94. twostixsays:
    January 20, 2022 at 1:23 pm
    What’s this about then?

And one of the best bits is the letter quotes the section that states social media posts are exempt. Dan’s gold standard strikes again!

95. Nick Coatsworth should be talking up his credentials.

Specialities: “Infectious diseases” and “Respiratory and sleep medicine”

Almost tailor-made for Covid.

96. Misha Zelinsky, assistant nat­ional secretary of the Australian Workers Union, is seeking Labor preselection for Cunningham in a two-person contest with Illawarra local Alison Byrnes following the decision of sitting MP Sharon Bird to retire at the election.

A trade union official and a political staffer. Now that’s diversifying Labor’s talent pool!

97. Specialities: “Infectious diseases” and “Respiratory and sleep medicine”

Almost tailor-made for Covid.

Indeed.
    I spent most of the first 3 days asleep.

98. Eyrie says:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:52 pm

This would be a wise course of action.

However, I have a time critical need, so I will take it as soon as it’s released. I’ll report back on the results, assuming I’m still vertical.

99. Had Six blokes in the bar at lunch time yesterday (i.e. that’s a remarkably large crowd these days).

They were crowing on about how safe they were, coz vaccinated. These blokes are in management, or successful business owners.
    Turned out these wallies actually believed they were completely inoculated against any chance of being infected with covid, & they were thus totally safe from any harm.

Just then the news of that day’s covid deaths played across the screen of the TV (subtitles/captions, so people who can read are able to see the news).
    The CHO (or whoever was speaking) announced that of the eleven deaths that day, nine or so were fully vaccinated.

…. total silence…. you could have heard a pin drop.

It shocked the suitcase out of them – this quite clearly was the very first clue these blokes had that the covid vaccines may not be a silver bullet.

100. Across the Tasman, St Jacinda the Woke has cancelled Auckland’s equivalent of the Gay Mardi Gras because of Covid. Image the howls of outrage (from the same gaggle calling for tougher restrictions on everyone else) if the fascist Opus Dei theocrat Perrotet tried that in Sydney.

101. Lotsa people getting anxious now that the Novavax is approved. This would be great for those who have no choice due to stupid mandates etc.

No matter what vaccine you get you are still drawn into the commo style command and control digital passport and social credit system. The respective governments that want that can go and get fucked!

102. Swan’s son, Johnathan also did that grotesque interview with Trump, where he fact checked the President in real time during the interview.

I hope this intrepid reporter will do the same with the current sack of dementia. If not, why not?

In “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” style, he too isn’t immune to profile massaging.

103. This seems fucky.

really, really fucky.

Woman, 40, released by police after officers find dead baby in freezer in southern NSW

A woman has been released by police after a three-month-old baby boy was found dead inside a freezer at a home in Corowa, near Albury, in southern NSW.

A 40-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Albury Police Station last night, where she assisted police with enquiries.

Police said the woman has now been released pending further inquiries.

About 10pm yesterday, officers attached to the Murray River Police District attended a home after concerns were raised for the welfare of a child.

They found the infant’s body inside a freezer at the home.

Local detectives with the assistance of the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad have established Strike Force Walumil to investigate the circumstances surrounding the child’s death.

A post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine the cause of death.

Corowa, a small rural town on the border of NSW and Victoria, has suffered over the last two years after the 2019 summer bushfires kept holiday-makers away and the pandemic imposed lockdowns and restrictions on travel.

In what sane world does someone who stuffs a dead baby in a freezer (before causes of death are known) released?

104. Rogersays:

January 20, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Has to be deliberate.
    In the old days it was too late if it had been printed.
    Not so now with electronic billboards etc.
    I have been watching Drive to Survive about F1.
    They showed a segment on Pierre Gasny getting dropped from Red Bull to Toro Rosso.
    Same day his replacement is doing a photo shoot in front of a green screen.
    Next morning the entire marketing collateral (three metre high truck stickers, handouts, carboard cutouts, electronic billboards, the lot) had all been replaced.

105. Barry says:
    January 20, 2022 at 1:43 pm

Eyrie says:
    January 20, 2022 at 12:52 pm

This would be a wise course of action.

I thought they said some time ago that Novavax, if approved, would not be allowed for first jabs?

My assumption was that it would be like rewarding the filthy anti vaxxers with the good stuff, after having forced all the “good” people to take the crap jabs.

i.e. not politically wise

106. “Can we have some real investigative journalism on the timing and terms of Dyer’s ‘departure’ from the ALP please?”

Dyer’s departure from the ALP would be a start but I’d be more interested in seeing some real investigative journalism into the whole Porter affair…..the involvement of Dyer and other Adelaide luvvies such as Senator Wonk, Senator Hanson-Dung, Crabb and Maiden et al and I’d like to see a chronicle of the dead woman’s emotional and mental decline and collapse.

There’s a story there….a very sordid and intricate tale.

But we don’t have any quality journalists anymore. I believe we now need a James O’Keefe in this country…the only way to out the left do is to go undercover and be underhand.

107. Just been scrolling upwards to yesterday.
    There appears to be an infestation of anti smoking weightiest Karens.
    I had to stop my manly upticking..
    Lift your games. You know as to whom I am addressing.
    I have never before seen such abhorrent behaviour on this blog.
    Fortunately I am not one to take offence.
    Youse can kiss my arse.

108. I kid you not. It was exactly how I saw it.

I was driving along St. Kilda road this morning, which most people would know it as the main boulevard heading south from CBD Melbourne. Along the way, I saw what soon appeared as a couple of tubby dykes running along the sidewalk, holding up above their heads, a LGBTQ rainbow flag as it draped /unfurled behind them. They were doing a photo prop for a couple of grinning female cops taking pics with their smart phones who were just a ahead (of the two running dykes).

109. Just looking at the Covid Medical Network’s latest newspaper section (see: https://www.covidmedicalnetwork.com/) I note an article about the World Economic Forum’s Young Leaders, you know the one that Angela Merkle, Jacinda Ardern, Tony Blair, Greg Hunt, Emanual Macron, et al are members/graduates of.

Surprising to note that one Scott Morrison is also a graduate, as was Joe Hockey.

Might give some clues about why the supposedly conservative liberal party is anything but.

See here: https://wentworthreport.com/2022/01/07/klaus-schwabs-young-global-leaders-school-rules-the-world/

110. Salvatore, Understaffed & Overworked Martyr to Border Closuresays:

January 20, 2022 at 1:59 pm

Had Six blokes in the bar at lunch time yesterday (i.e. that’s a remarkably large crowd these days).

So, no yuuuge bottlenecks at the cash register if they buy each round with a credit card?

111. local oaf says:
    January 20, 2022 at 2:12 pm

i.e. not politically wise

The original purpose when originally ordered was as boosters due to the later ETA, but Novavax only applied for permission as first jab. There’s no evidence for Novavax needing boosters, since there’s no installed base. There’s also no evidence for Novavax efficacy as booster for mRNA.

I also believe that the TGA know that there are major problems with mRNA, so a new formulation with theoretically less side effects allows them to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak) – increase the total jab percentage by attracting the hesitant, and also over time replacing the incumbent mRNA with protein jabs based on public demand. Any admission of mRNA danger may be a step too far though.

112. I’m thinking of writing a scfi novel.
    The basic plot:
    Evil dictator creates a disease (which isn’t scary) scare.
    ED then force jabs most of the population, eventually the scary bit passes and thinks go back to normal. Or so they thought.
    5 years after the last jab, people start dropping like flies and there is only handful of people left to keep things running. Only the unjabbed survive. We are left with stubborn old bastards, politicians, lawyers and those who were in the toilet at the time.
    Knowledge of how things work quickly disappears.
    Things fall apart.
    The ending is not good.

113. Its official, Biden will be replaced this year.

Hes achieved Herculean labors to great success.

Joe Biden says his administration has ‘outperformed’ in bruising first year

“I didn’t overpromise,” he said. “I have probably outperformed what anybody thought would happen.”

Wednesday’s press conference was his 10th since taking office, far fewer than his most recent predecessors. Only a limited number of journalists were credentialed for the press conference, and all were required to wear masks, a reminder of the virus’s continuing threat.

At ease behind the lectern, Biden parried* with reporters for nearly two hours. At one point, he checked his watch, smiled and agreed to take questions for 20 more minutes.
    ….

Addressing the brewing threat at the Ukrainian border, where Russia has amassed tens of thousands of troops, Biden predicted that Moscow would invade Ukraine and promised Vladimir Putin would pay a “dear price” if he moved forward with an attack. He also appeared to suggest that a “minor incursion” would draw a lesser response from Nato than a full-scale invasion.

Moments after he spoke, White House press secretary Jen Psaki sought to clarify the remark, saying that any act of aggression by Russia, including cyberattacks and paramilitary tactics, would be “met with a decisive, reciprocal, and united response.”

On Afghanistan, Biden said there was no easy way to leave the country after 20 years of war: “I make no apologies for what I did.” And asked about talks with Iran, he said now was “not the time to give up” on efforts to revive the 2015 nuclear deal.

Pressed on the economy, he said it was the “critical job” of the Federal Reserve to tame inflation, but touted his domestic agenda as a remedy for rising costs, which has left voters pessimistic about the state of the economy and Biden’s ability to improve it.

But Biden was bullish: “I’m happy to have a referendum on how I handled the economy.”

Looking ahead, he was unequivocal when asked whether vice-president Kamala Harris would again be his running mate in 2024. “Yes,” he replied.

In one exchange, a reporter with a right-wing news outlet asked why some Americans view Biden as mentally unfit to run the country. “I have no idea,” he replied tartly.

In another, he pushed back on the notion that he was trying to pull the country leftward. “You guys have been trying to convince me that I am Bernie Sanders. I’m not,” Biden said, asserting that he was a “mainstream Democrat” as he always had been.

Asked how he could win back independent voters who supported him in 2020 but have become disillusioned with his leadership so far, Biden pushed back. “I don’t believe the polls.”

Its not a bad list to remind you of the clown show hes running so far.

* Thats not how you spell fellated.

114. John H.says:
    January 20, 2022 at 2:12 pm
    Magnesium is essential for the immune system, including in the fight against cancer

Worth thinking about. For reasons I don’t understand my body seems to wash out magnesium. Deficiency is common. Peanuts are a good source. I take supplements but you need to be careful. Too much and you’ll end up with diarrhea.

When I was training 7days a weeks for Taekwondo I had to take body salts to stop the muscles cramping. Water by itself didn’t work. To drink enough to stop the cramps my gums would bleed. Changed to differing solutions and turned out to be too much magnesium. Never had the diarrhea problem and never had the cramping problem when I was younger.

115. I’m thinking of writing a scfi novel.
    The basic plot:
    Evil dictator creates a disease (which isn’t scary) scare.
    ED then force jabs….

The survivors are then forced to drive their porches to the bitcoin mines and work a solid hour a day every month after their water aerobics class and eat locust sandwiches. It’s a very weird future.

116. Confusion about Novavax.
    Oz reported initially that it could be used for juveniles and boosters.
    This approval doesn’t say that.
    But the TGA statement kind of gives a wink and a nod that this will happen.
    This is all about making stacks of doses available for doses 1 & 2 for the currently unvaxxed for the next two months.

117. The ending is not good.

Of course its good. The stubborn old bastards gut the politicians and lawyers then go on the piss after taking advantage of the recently bereaved widows who haven’t had an indecent root for years because their husbands were all girly boys. What’s not to like. I wouldn’t part of the royalties.

118. Lysandersays:
    January 20, 2022 at 2:45 pm
    I had to get my first jibe last Friday (Pfizer). Can I get Novavax as second jibe?

No, must be the same as the first jab.

119. incoherent ramblersays:
    January 20, 2022 at 2:48 pm
    Associate Producer GreyRanga

Would prefer something with Executive in it. Associate sounds more like a partner in crime.

120. Lysander,
    Disgusting that you HAD to get jabbed.
    Worst part is no more upticks.
    Rules is rules.

I’m sure I’ll pique your interest one day and earn an uptick 😛

121. Biden was bullish: “I’m happy to have a referendum on how I handled the economy.”

If he can hold on to November he’ll get his wish.

And I wonder if Putin will interpret “minor incursion” as a green light to annex eastern Ukraine?

122. Incoherent Rambler,
    Have you not noticed a wee flaw in your plan to become the next Asimov?
    The vaccinated are slated to start dying in the next few months.*
    Who is going to buy it?

*from a secret source.

123. The full name of the British PM is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

This explains a lot.

He was also born in the Upper East Side of NYC.

Not many people know that.

124. You realise that even at 9-0 of Trump selections they would still voted the same way.

No I don’t. The SC did not intervene and overturn lower courts decision to allow the release of confidential communication but expressed some concerns. This is an astounding chain of events: a subsequent POTUS can waive confidentiality, which no one disputes were confidential and protected, of a previous POTUS.

125. I’m thinking of writing a scfi novel.
    The basic plot:
    Evil dictator creates a disease (which isn’t scary) scare.
    ED then force jabs….

See Kingsman.

126. The Democrat election fraud enabling bill fails in 49-51 vote. The bill requires a 60 vote minimum to pass.

The Dems then tried to vote out the filibuster (60 vote) rule so they could ram the election fraud enabling bill with a simple majority…. they failed.

There is no Democrat “voting rights” bill in DC. It does not exist. It has never existed. It is not being voted on. There is *only* legislation making it easier to vote under a false identity, harvest illegal ballots, vote as noncitizen, or to otherwise perpetrate criminal fraud.

127. The vaccinated are slated to start dying in the next few months.*
    Who is going to buy it?

*from a secret source.

Fifteen months to get it written, published and in the shops.
    Doable.

128. He was also born in the Upper East Side of NYC.

Not many people know that.

and then this happened.

Having been born in New York City to British parents, Johnson at first held British-American dual citizenship. In 2014, he acknowledged he was disputing a demand for capital gains tax from the US tax authorities on a property that he inherited in the United Kingdom,[682][683] which ultimately he paid.[684] In February 2015, he announced his intention to renounce his US citizenship to demonstrate his loyalty to the UK,[685] which he did in 2016.[6

I bet he announced his intention to give up his US citizenship. The IRS would chase you to Mars if you owe them money.

129. the section that states social media posts are exempt

I am no laywer but I had a squiz anyway
    I don’t think it says tsocial media is exempt anywhere.
    Quite the opposite
    The act is prescriptive and as far as I can see it says, “you do it this way and it is an offence if you dont”

print, publish, handbill etc …

S. 83
    (1)
    (a) the name and address of the person […] appears; and
    (b) in the case of […] otherwise than in a newspaper, the name appears.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(b), a person who makes copies […] on the Internet is deemed to be the printer of those copies.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in relation to—
    (a) a car sticker, an item of clothing, lapel button, lapel badge, fridge magnet, pen, pencil or balloon; or [more gibber]

and in Definitions:

“publish” means publish by any means including by publication on the Internet

so essentially if it isn’t a car sticker or a T-shirt and you publish or print it, or likely(?) re-publish up the interwebs … it needs your name and address.

MatrixTransform, Melbourne

130. Why Australia has no replacement for Cardinal Pell.

Thanks Lysander.

I think Coleridge is odds on.

131. There’s a lot to ponder in this very ABC news item.

Mr Smith, the director of environmental and occupational hygiene company SCAADA Environmental Consultant Services, was determined to find the cause of his family’s illnesses.

“I opened the re-investigation into the house myself

Including this:

“Our home had about … 500ml running through the site,” Mr Smith recalled.

132. Roger. Russia and other CIS countries apparently evacuated all non essential embassy staff out of Kiev a couple of weeks ago.

Pom’s also flew in arms in the last few days too, I am far from a Putin booster but he has put a few lines in the sand that unlike Obama’s lines will extract a result if crossed. I am at a loss what the EU with a major critical requirement (Gas) would have to gain in the area.

133. Just one thing – when an Australian cardinal is voting in a papal conclave, is he really thinking “What do the people of Australia want?” as the author seems to suggest with his notion that Australians should “get a say” in who is pope? I would have thought he would be asking himself, “Who’s best for the church?”

I would hope the latter Roger! Although, given the church is a very small place (although global), I’m sure there’d always be rumours and ruminations going on about certain Cardinals…