2,758 thoughts on “Open Thread – Tues 1 March 2022”

1. I’ve been reflecting on that during the past couple of days. All those crazy alliances and conflicting aims. No one wanting to back down and say, enough! Defending either completely fabricated positions or nothing at all.

Not only that, the war plans of all sides had been drawn up for years. All it needed was one “accident” and the whole thing was primed to go off like a line of cascading dominoes that not even the key actors could stop.

Not that I think Ukraine is the harbinger of WWIII, but the same fatal combination of stupidity and arrogance (and colonialism) hangs about the Western political class atm.

2. “JCsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 5:49 pm
    Cassie

I’m heading out, but later on I’ll share my view why I’m optimistic.”

Yes please….enjoy dinner.

3. How some people stay in business is beyond me.

I’ve got a series of E mails here – the basic thrust is “(Due to an error on our part), We have overpaid you (several thousands ) of dollars. We want the money back, either by return cheque, or bank transfer within 48 hours.”

Stiff shyte, it’s well down my things to do list……….

4. Good post Cassie.
    I don’t think that many people understand that it has only been a few decades in the West we have had freedom, you only have to look at WW2 & prior that humans were treated as expendable & we are getting back to that.

5. Russians With Attitude
    @RWApodcast
    4m
    The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant is now confirmed to be under Russian control, the fire in a nearby building has been extinguished, everything is safe

Let’s hope so.

6. she replied “I have an immunity compromised family member”

I presume she wears a mask around them too?

Stupidity on stilts. She is more likely to get a hideous bacterial infection from re-breathing her own gunk and giving that to her family member.

7. Cassie – a lot of stuff is compliance driven. As an employee, observing that the emperor has no clothes doesn’t get you very far. We have a Covid case here now and everybody is in face shields and stuff. I just have a laugh with them. I expect I will get it sooner or later, as was always going to be the case.

8. Struth demonstrates a cartoonish level of misunderstanding of very many things. Even more cartoonish than Grigory or our new resident Glowie.

Perhaps he would be better served by sticking to his WEF Globalist-Nazi-Communist-Pooftah-Pansy Plots and schemes about nebulous and nefarious social credit schemes being snuck up under innocent and unconsenting Slavic nations’ bottoms. You know, stuff where outright confabulation and hysterical hysteria can be expounded upon at length, relatively unaffected by that meany-poobum reality…

9. Guys, guys…
    I’ve been struggling to make sense of it all, but fret not.
    Kamala’s got it all figured out.
    Apparently, UKRAINE IS A COUNTRY IN EUROPE.
    It all makes sense now!

10. I think Scott Boland should have replaced Josh Hazelwood in the Rawalpindi Test — a much better bowler on flat pitches. But Boland is an outsider and can’t get a look in now that the power-drunk Pat Cummins is effectively the new national coach, having got Justin Langer sacked.

The takeover of Cricket Australia by the millenial kiddies in the national side won’t end well.

11. Certainly getting to the surrender monkeys tonight.
    And the denialists.
    How’s these statements.

For many years every day on this forum someone has been proclaiming the sky is falling. So many pessimists here it is wonder the membership isn’t disappearing through suicide.

Fighting tyranNyand coups d’etat don’t do themselves, y’know.

Especially the last comment.
    Think seriously about the level of delusion amongst the Jabbed.
    The good Nazis.
    It’s quite sick.
    Delusion and denial.

12. she replied “I have an immunity compromised family member”

This was the rationale offered by an expert when she told the ABC the lifitng of the QLD mask mandate was dangerous – for the immune compromised covid can be a death sentence.

Using that logic the population would be masking up in perpetuity.

13. Just like the fact that when we whistle up the Half-Yearly Report for Aurizon, the single largest rail freight operator in the country, partocularly the ‘Bulk Division,’ in which Struth’s assertions about ‘General Freight’ sit. It would seem that there is not a single section in the document that lists SuBsIdIEs paid by governments to this company to run on any State or Federal railway track in Australia that it does not own.

And for those who wish to read the report for themselves:

Remember that Aurizon is legally required to report all its incomings and outgoings to the ASX, the ATO and its investors.

And governments are never particularly good being sneaky.

(Apologies for the initial failure to hyperlink)

14. H B Bearsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 5:47 pm
    Please. struth would not even meet the dress code at the Atheneum.

Does the Weld Club require pants? Or is there an exception for traditional attire of bona fide demographic minorities?

15. Oh and stop gibbering away making a fool of yourself choo choo, and if you are going to attempt a whole paragraph, breath in and breath out a few times first. Emotion is stopping you making sense.

Right back at you, you flailing incompetent.

Exposed again, and what do you do? Scream and call people names even harder.

You are an embarrassment to the glass-jawed and the Nuffish on this blog. Not even SRR, Twostix or even your own dear Runnysock are rushing to your defence now.

I’d say you had the faculties of a 5 year old child, but I will go with 4- Your stupidity and emotional incontinence is an offence to 5 year old children.

16. You’ve been whining like this for two years now and you still think your life isn’t back.

What’s happened to you, JC?
    You have hated yourself from the moment you were jabbed and despise those that threaten to crack the illusion you now must conjure up to lie to yourself.

It’s born from submitting and complying.
    Well, you were warned.

17. Oh good.

The third rate A-Team has assembled again to drown the forum in 25,000 comments.

Hey notafan, bust out the FUNNY HAHAHA’s that you were making about Struth’s convoy last year. And about him being a loser truck driver.

I notice you don’t really make those “jokes” anymore.

Weird right?

18. notafan is back fresh from her european grand tour, triple dosed, mask on face.

“Hey fellow guys I’m not a nasty covid karen or anything I just think it’s good that you suffer for your recalcitrance”.

19. Most of those are caricatures of women.
    Very few genuinely pretty ones there.

Welp, I’m too late for Audrey,

I’m too early for Chloe,

And I’ll never see Sabrina this side of the Eternity Curtain.

So, I dunno. Will just have to keep an eye out round Sandgroperstan (if you dodge the boganettes and the Goat’s-cheese-and-pilates Belters, there is promise…) 🙂

20. MiltonF:

Still getting up to speed on the last ten years in Eastern Europe, but it sounds like the US has been goading Putin since 2014.

+ eleventy gazillion.
    What is nauseating is the squeals of victimhood coming from the MSM.

21. I don’t recall making any comments about the convoy.
    I do recall you constantly lying about me though. You just *know* my early covid concerns about my mother were really about me.
    Philip Island, Twelve Apostles, sure, but guided tour buses going around Melbourne, missed those.

22. There is a lot of mental sickness on this site now, and it’s born from hating oneself.

Struth darling, there is always help available.

Even for you.

#RUOK,Struth? 🙂

23. I used to point out Ramsey Street coming back from the Dandenongs tour, and Puffing Billy you silly bint, Notafan.
    Off the Maroondah Highway if I remember years ago, near ten studios.
    So yes that as well.
    And the Penguins, and Ballarat and the great ocean road and the city sights and even at times the old city explorer.
    I know more about Melbourne and Victoria than you’ll ever know Notaclue.
    I’ve lived in Moonie Ponds, Sandringham Rosebud, and Carrum downs.
    I worked for many years for a great tour company called Australian Pacific tours.
    From Melbourne.
    SCo MO fucked the lot, basically.
    I have friends and family in Melbourne as well, ex hosties and drivers and many great people and loved the Melbourne of the 90’s.
    There was a tourism industry back then
    That’s why I laugh at all you cockheads raving on about Queenslanders.
    I know parochial knob Victorians with chips on their shoulders …….most Australians do.
    There are also great Victorians as well.
    They consider themselves Australians first.

24. I’m firmly in the life getting back to normal camp.
    Sure the progressive agenda rolls on.
    Everything I’m seeing in Europe suggests back to normal is happening, as mentioned last night my time, France’s health pass regime ends in 11 days.
    Normal travel, normal tourism.
    Qantas expects travel to be back to pre pandemic levels by the middle of the year.
    Bad news for Henny Pennys.

25. Not even SRR, Twostix or even your own dear Runnysock are rushing to your defence now.

I mean, look what Twostix did.

The angry Gen-Xer went for what he deemed the easier task of anklebiting at Rosie.

Poor Struth. Now you know that you lost everything you thought that you should win,

I guess you should have listened to your friends.

#AllThoseBurningBridgesThatAreFallingAfterYe

#AllThoseLonelyFeelingsAndTheBurningMemories

#EveryoneYouLeftBehindEachTimeYouClosedTheDoor

#BurningBridgesLostForeverMore

26. My point really is, that other than the Ramsay Street tour, I’m not aware of ‘Melbourne only’ tourist buses.

Our point has been agreeing with your comment there.
    You’re not aware of much at all.

27. And I’ll never see Sabrina this side of the Eternity Curtain.

Check that cantilevered thing sticking out to the right.
    She could have won a 100 metres race just by standing up in the starting blocks.

28. Choo choo man, what the fuck was that post?
    You been at gaggle again?
    Go back & drive your train ya dumb fuck.

Thank you for being man enough to capitulate, Struth-sock.

29. Russian control is safe? I guess it’s safer than being on fire.

It was never on fire. I believe, like Chernobyl a week earlier, it will be protected by both Russian and Ukranian personnel.

30. We have a Covid case here now and everybody is in face shields and stuff. I just have a laugh

It only took me 8 days to fill my covid bingo card (1 kid in each class with covid).

31. What is nauseating is the squeals of victimhood coming from the MSM.

street whores have more integrity than presstitutes BIRM- the parlous state of the west is largely due to meja manufacturing problems. But then someone said here, the meja’s sole purpose is to create a consensus. That makes sense.

32. I’m off to dinner soon. It’s a really nice expensive restaurant down the road. Everything is cooked in a wood fire.

Sounds nice, but you don’t need to impress me.

I’m not sure how microwave lean cuisine and a cask of cheap red counts as wood fired or expensive but enjoy.

33. Hey, St Ruth, you claimed that less than 40% of Queenssslanders were jabbed and everyone in rural Queensssland was ignoring the rules.
    If that is so, why are you sitting on your arse?
    You can’t get a cash job among that vast network of Queenssslander Resistance?

Could it be he’s on a……Pension?

34. In 1976 the CIA was concerned about a fundamental change in world weather patterns:

‘In a study recently made public, the CIA concluded:

“Leaders in climatology and economics are in agreement that a climatic change is taking place and that it has already caused major economic problems throughout the world.

“As it has become more apparent to the nations around the world that the current trend is indeed a long-term reality, new alignments will be made among nations to ensure a secure supply of food resources.”’

They were predicting a worldwide decline in food production due to the onset of a little ice age.

Plus ça change.

35. Speaking of buses, I’m going to catch the local one (€1.90) to Champ de Mars today, Hotel De Ville, Notre Dame, through the forecourt at the Louvre, might get off at Musee D’Orsay or continue on to Les Invalides and the Eiffel.
    Magnifique.

36. And if Struth is taking the welfare to keep him out of total penury while ‘Socialism’ has him ‘sat’ on his arse, does that not call every one of his pronouncements into question?

I await the next 24 hlurs of screaming denunciatory wordwalls in reply with interest.

But a simple ‘No, I’m not’ would do. 🙂

37. Or I could go in the opposite direction and visit Pere La Chaise, but that would be a waste of my €1.90 because it’s close enough to walk.

38. I visited Paris in 1994-5 nearly 30 years ago. I thought it was very Parisian and I loved it. Going from what I’ve read, I thought after the uncontrolled migration of the last 10 years or so it had become a bit of a toilet.

39. rosiesays:
    March 4, 2022 at 6:25 pm
    I’m firmly in the life getting back to normal camp.
    Sure the progressive agenda rolls on.
    Normal travel, normal tourism.
    Bad news for Henny Pennys.

The short priced favourite is “never, it will have to wait at least for three or four more state elections till someone replaces him”.
    “If the rest of the world goes overwhelmingly no vaxx mandate, tourism and business might force him to do it” is at pretty short odds.
    You’d be able to get very juicy odds on anything else.

40. Maybe some of you Melbournians who actually have been there for a while can remember the red and white city explorer that used to start from Flinder’s street station and go up via Cpt Cook’s cottage and past the markets and zoo, the Shrine of remembrance now a war zone, and the rest of the great things in Melbourne in those days.
    We also did coach tours of Melbourne at night that linked up with the restaurant tram.
    Yep Melbourne was great, and much touring of it occurred.
    Alot.
    I wouldn’t expect an ignoramus like Frau notafan to know these things. However I would expect her to still throw her two cents worth in to confirm her ignorance.

41. dolly downer iirc

Julia Gillard.

Both probably. I thought it was the admission fee if you wanted an audience with the State Department for the 8 years of Obama.

42. Struth says:
    March 4, 2022 at 6:32 pm
    You’ll remember this company if you’re over 40.

Okay, so Struth drove glorified hotel transfers for a time.

43. The first time I stayed in this area with my children I had no idea where or what ‘Champs de Mars’ was that the bus was going to.
    So thrilled when we worked it out.
    Made up for the disappointment that there was no Bastille in La Bastille.

44. I don’t recall making any comments about the convoy.

You and your little sidekicks made a distinct point of mocking Struth’s part in the Gillard era Convoy to Canberra as some sort of failure, back when you were under six month house arrest by Victoria’s abusive surrogate father and were lashing out at Struth because he wasn’t.

Also him being a truck driver, tour operator, etc.

I don’t think you particularly mean it, aside from the usual Victorian sneering. It’s obviously just the only thing you’ve got that you think will cut him, because you all can’t seem to lay a glove on him generally and it drives you mad that even a posse of four, five or six people from The Smart State tag teaming around the clock for close to two years generating tens of thousands of comments about him, get casually outdone by a qlder LOSER turning up and trolling you for a day a month.

Deeper I think it’s redirected rage at a feeling of impotence driven by being trapped in a one party machine state which allows for zero deviation from the orthodoxy in anyway, directed against someone who’s actually pretty free and does as he likes and regularly smirks at you’ll about it.

45. miltonfsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Some migrants integrate, some don’t. Choose wisely. Germany even has an integration program. Unfortunately there are idealists who think migrants don’t have to integrate. I’ve never understood that idea.

46. …visit Pere La Chaise…

Don’t miss the bullet holes in the wall, where the communards were lined up to get what was good for them.

And say hello to Jim. Tell him he would have been just another wanker plying third-rate adolescent verse were it not for Manzarek, The Doors real genius.

47. I’m hopeful that all the hatred of travellers has died down here by the time the Beloved and I head off in late August. Otherwise it’ll be now you see me, now you don’t.

Which will be no great loss of course. But it will rob some of a focus for frustrated vitriol.

It may well be that all the restrictions and other horrors will be a thing of the past by that time. I won’t include WA, because special. But you never know.

48. Andy Ngo uploaded this today….this is a trans ideology critic invited to give a talk at the University of North Texas a few days ago and he’s shut down…

Andy Ngo describes what ensued as follows..

At the University of North Texas in Denton on March 2, 2022, far-left activists shut down the Young Conservatives of Texas event featuring the father who lost custody of his child over objections to the child’s transgender diagnosis. The radicals pounded on the table and shouted, “F— these fascists” over and over to Jeffrey Younger. Younger is currently running as a Republican candidate for the Texas House.

Younger and Kelly Neidert, the conservative student organizer, were eventually evacuated from the event by law enforcement but they were surrounded by far-left extremists outside the building. In the mayhem and desperate evacuation, one of the far-left protesters was hit by a police vehicle, though a university spokesperson said there was no reported serious injuries.

A few points….

1. The Marxist ferals in the video (and there’s no other word to describe them) are Maoists, there’s zero difference. I’m reminded of pictures and film of China during the Cultural Revolution.

2. This is the rotten state of universities today across the West (it’s happening here in Oz). It happened back in 2018 to Bettina Arndt when she tried to give a talk at Sydney University, I had a friend who attended that event and it wasn’t a pleasant experience.

3. This is the absolutely rotten state of the West today.

4. The progressive far-left want to shut down, silence and eliminate all dissent, they will stop at nothing to do it and they’re getting away with it.

5. It isn’t pretty…is it? Actually, truth be told, it’s sickening.

6. When I see footage such as this, I struggle to defend western societies because, as far as I’m concerned, it’s a microcosm of what’s wrong in the West and how the West is slowly and surely committing suicide. Maybe, as I wrote in a comment above, I’m too pessimistic but how can you not be when you view that footage by Andy?

Finally, transwomen aren’t women and transmen aren’t men.

49. Our company never took many Chinese you dumb fuck Notafan.
    Chinese groups go on their own group tours done by cheap arsed charter companies mostly Chinese owned or screwed down to nothing.
    These were public tours and domestic and international tourists who got professional tours.
    I haven’t really brought this up in great detail before, but I’ll fucking say it now, after the sneering about Queensland.

50. I think you should be just fine calli.
    One of the risks was snap lockdowns, that never happened despite France peaking at over 15 million cases.
    The other potential snag was testing positive covid and being forced into isolation. Didn’t happen either.
    Minor contretemps with paperwork and, as it turned out baseless fear of the unknown negotiating internal EU borders but it has been fantastic, in hindsight I’d have done a couple of things differently. Shrug.
    What I did do, was avoid taking a single guided tour, especially one on a bus. Can’t stand them, only ever did one in Bordeaux, ghastly.

51. An ‘extraordinary’ $240bn has been amassed in savings accounts during the pandemic, which one banker says is ‘just too much’.

Yeh right, another member of the elite telling ordinary Australians what to do with their money.

52. It may surprise but I’ve zero interest in the glory days of Melbourne guided tours or in your expertise on the subject of Victoria, just add it the long long St ruth sme list.
    I mentioned Chinese tourists only because they are the only ones I’ve ever seen in clumps, in the Fitzroy Gardens.

53. Tom:

Gone from the ‘no dickheads’ rule to the ‘all dickheads’ rule.

54. Knuckle Draggersays:
    March 4, 2022 at 12:10 pm
    HOW MANY BOOSTERS are you going to take?

Well, none.

That link goes to a piece in something called National File, which is an rsrsrrs-level ‘Researcher X has written many articles, and said in a Zoom meeting’ type of thing. Further adding to its credibility, or lack thereof is the article right next to it on that site. It is an appeal to send money to Ukraine.

That article also has a link to the full Pfizer documents (previously linked here) which includes NINE PAGES of tightly printed potential side effects of their vaccine. According to Thomas Renz the risk/benefit ratio is this product is 12:1 – you are 12 times more likely to die of it that of Covid. It should never have been approved.

The obscurity of the site is beside the point. At least they’re reporting it. Just trying holding your breath until the MSM does.

55. Then of course, I’ve driven trucks in and out of Melbourne, and big oversize loads as well, so I used to be accutely aware of physical hazards like trees and power lines on the oversize routes around Melbourne, one of which goes straight past Luna park and down the esplanade !
    You fucking parochial shits talk like the ignorant arseholes you are.
    Some of us just aren’t so stayed and pathetic.
    And you’d have to be to be so ignorant of others.
    I know your city better than you do.

56. Cassie, it’s that sort of evil, in Texas of all places, that’s making me despise the west. The hatred of Putin suggests he’s got something going for him.

57. The Marxist ferals in the video (and there’s no other word to describe them) are Maoists, there’s zero difference. I’m reminded of pictures and film of China during the Cultural Revolution.

they are the sharp end of the US establishment- of Joe and Mafia Nancy

58. Sigh. Look, St. Ruth:

I’ve lived in Moonie Ponds

As a general rule, you don’t actually live somewhere and not know how to spell it.

Don’t start a rant about how it’s not important, because it is.

I’m sorry. I know it seems like a pile on. But if you put that on top of the wobbling pile of ‘been everywhere man’ and ‘wukking man’ on top of that, well – I just don’t believe that bit.

Which means – for me at least – the rest of it is now in question.

59. What’s your bet for when Dan Andrews will allow the unvaxxed in Victoria to lead a normal life?

About six months before the next election, IF he thinks there are more votes in people saying “Dan saved us” than people saying “Dan destroyed businesses and people’s lives, while having the world’s longest lockdown AND the highest number of bat-flu deaths in the country”.

60. I don’t give a fuck what interests you, Notafan.
    You want to join in, you get told.
    Some people here love to hear of your travels flashing your Nazi pass around, and those people may want to take a good hard look at themselves.
    Bad enough you go and submit and become a “good Nazi” flashing your pass and going overseas while thousands of nurses and teachers and all sorts of people are suffering under the segregation and punishment of tyrants for standing up to them and refusing the pass.
    And then you go to church.
    People who let you off for your disgusting behaviour are no better.
    You are a disgrace, and it’s people like you who are fucking my country.
    And you were told at the start. You knew covid wasn’t dangerous and you were on this blog having the arguments put forward but you decided fuck everyone else………….
    Well fuck you.

61. Looks like one of our residents has gone missing. Half a dozen fuzz in the car park. One of the guys in the Independent Living Units outside the gate is normally OK but doesn’t really know where he is. Pretty sad really. Thank fuck I’m no worse cognitively really than before my stroke.

62. I was often flown first class around the place to conduct tours all over Australia and ran tours that actually ran all over Australia.
    From Melbourne.
    SCo MO fucked the lot, basically.

So, from August 2018 it went downhill.

I thought you were in Alice Springs then. That’s what you were saying at the time. Running tour buses for overseas old people (boomers), who you were ‘educating’. About the real Australia, or somesuch.

Huh. Maybe not.

Anyway, if I wanted to twist the knife I’d also draw another Lizzie comparison to your flying first class around the place. Often. Apparently.

Strange old world.

63. Hobart loses the mask mandate for certain places like shops as of tonight. From there Hobart city council COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.

As of 15 December 2021, the City of Hobart has introduced a policy that requires all staff, contractors, volunteers, elected members and visitors to staffed premises who are aged 17 years and older to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter the premises.

While proof of vaccination status is no longer required upon entry, visitors are asked to comply with this policy.

Is it just me or is that a statement that it is OK to come on in and nobody is going to ask you for your papers.

64. Top Endersays:
    March 4, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Yes, it will be entirely vote driven.
    But it will be based on whether 50.1% of Victorian voters are still in a state of panic, believing they’ll die a hideous death if an unvaxxed person is allowed into a cafe (as well as into supermarkets, public transport, retail etc as they already are…), or are neo-Nazis who believe that unvaxxed should be punished for not obeying the government’s wishes, or both.
    And, I’m afraid to say, I think there’ll be well over that percentage.

65. It’s not a typo. Look at where the (i) and (e) keys are. You just don’t know. Or, you haven’t lived there at all – because people who live (or have lived) in places like Coonabarabran, Tallangatta or Murtoa know how to spell them. Moonee Ponds is not a high bar.

Not only did I live there, but I lived in a mansion with a tennis court.
    I lived there for about a year while I was doing extended touring around Australia.
    My friends own a massive transport company and were renting it , the company was in other words.
    It was way back in the early 1990’s and to prove it, I remember there was a comedy club not far away where I remember seeing Russell Gilbert for the first time live.
    I was young and took one room up on the rare times I was in.
    Couldn’t give a fuck if you believe me or not.
    The point being this parochial shit by ignorant throbs as if everybody only comes from one state is what they do when they have no real arguments….I get that.
    So I’m just trying to put that idiocy to bed.
    I know their city better than they do, and have lived there as well.

66. I know your city better than you do.

67. When I see footage such as this, I struggle to defend western societies because, as far as I’m concerned, it’s a microcosm of what’s wrong in the West and how the West is slowly and surely committing suicid

I’m not sure you can blame society for the mental illness that is leftism. It’s a putrid ideology of absolute power under the guise of equality. It’s proponents are mentally ill, and like a hired killer, are always prepared to escalate more than anyone else
    The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and leftism squeaks because it is toxic to everything it touches.

68. There is an extended lunch break in the First Test in Rawalpindi.

Initially I thought it might have been rain, but – clear skies.

Nope. Extended break because it’s Friday, which means it’s prayers day for some.

69. I can see why you left the force KD.

You would have been kept on traffic duty.
    FMD.
    Sco Mo was head of the tourist commission.
    Remember, “Where the bloody hell are you”
    His work after he stuffed the industry.
    A long time before he was the traitor he is today, he was working on ruining the joint.

I’ve had a guts full today of sneering parochial fucking Victorians, especially those surrender monkeys who accuse those still imprisoned in this nation and unable to work of “sitting on their arse”…..and to all of you who think that’s ok, Fuck you.

He was dam lucky he wasn’t saying that shit to my face.

70. If you’re talking about pubs in Collingwood and parts of St.Kilda, I’m not going to argue with you.

In my first tour of the World’s Most Liveable City circa 1990 I used to buy a six pack from a titty bar that even I thought as an 18yo was a bit sad. I was on the way home from work though.

71. flyingduk says:
    March 4, 2022 at 5:31 pm

I see SA’s Emergency Czar (the Police Commissioner) has revoked the vaxx mandate for police officers.

Im torn between ‘good – no one should be mandated to receive any health intervention – its a personal choice’

and

‘You fucking hypocrit!!”

I’d refuse to accept a speeding ticket from a police officer who hasn’t had at least four jabs and isn’t wearing at least three masks. I’d also demand that he observe socialist distancing and stay at least 7.5 kilometers away.

72. Often first class in those days, KD.
    And with fruit and port waiting for me in my rooms.
    Why.
    Because if you organise travel packages and APT did, and put 50 plus people on every flight, the “crew” got looked after.
    I also got cheap internation travel with IATA and AFTA cards and some here will know what they are.

Jus had enough today of the ignorant compliant , parochial, surrendering C…TS opening their fat traps.
    You know Frank was way off.
    You know it.
    Even if you’ll never admit it.

73. Fucking walk wherever you old boot…..I am not interested in wherever you go or whatever you do…just fuck off.
    You are more boring than choo choo man.

74. The point being this parochial shit by ignorant throbs as if everybody only comes from one state is what they do when they have no real arguments

This sentence manages to be simultaneously whiny and arrogant.

You started the parochial nonsense, St. Ruth. You.

You started it with your incessant ‘Quenthlanders would never stand for this’ while specifically referring to Victoria. This went on for months. All Victorian were culpable cowards, who refused to stand and fight and fall.

THEN, when Pallashay and Jeannette Young turned out to be as bad – if not worse – than Andrews, it was ‘I’m only one man’ at first, which evolved into ‘the real Quenthlanders where I live’ and into ‘all Quenthlanders who don’t live in Brisbane’ to ‘the last holdouts of white anglo Christian blokes who are the only one that can save us’.

Are you really surprised that people didn’t take the piss out of this? Are you surprised, with your steely-eyed weatherbeaten real Aussie sense of humour? Are you really that tone deaf?

Don’t throw this back anywhere else. You started it, and you can’t cop it in return.

Shortly you’ll start telling people to fuck themselves – if you haven’t already – because you’re an effete milquetoast fibbing crybully.

75. warning warning st ruth is irate

Here’s a fact.
    The compliant have put me out of work.
    If no one had complied this would be over by now.
    I’d be working.
    Then they think they are going to fucking gloat about it, and tell me I’m sitting on my arse when they are the cause of it.
    Or go on overseas holidays and still call themselves victims.
    Sick fuckers.
    You tell me when a man should put up with that shit?
    If he said it to my face he’d be on his arse.
    And rightly so.

76. I was often flown first class around the place to conduct tours all over Australia and ran tours that actually ran all over Australia.
    From Melbourne.
    SCo MO fucked the lot, basically.

When was the last time there was first class on any domestic flight in Australia?
    There used to be, but didn’t it stop around the early ’90’s? How did ScoMo fuck that up?

77. This sentence manages to be simultaneously whiny and arrogant.

You started the parochial nonsense, St. Ruth. You.

It started with the Victorians, and they should have not complied right from the start.
    No one should have, but they were getting it first.

Yep, and when the queenslanders failed I didn’t excuse them either, but the Victorians were first, hence we called out to them to defy and not to buckle.

You acknowledge in your comment that the lockdowns and bullshit happened at different times.
    I am not excusing a state, it’s just that Victorians get all but hurt parochial.

I fucking started this did I?
    I don’t remember pulling a fucking socialist coup.
    And whether I started it or not, I still haven’t budged an inch on my stance.
    Not a mask worn, let alone a jab taken.
    I’ve stood by what I believed we should do.
    Completely.

Convenient to call truth sayers crybullies when you don’t want to hear it.
    So go fuck yourself.

78. There used to be, but didn’t it stop around the early ’90’s?

It was the early ninties as I already said, so keep up.
    Actually I think it was going up to about 96 or so at least.

79. I’m amazed how Zelensky is getting away with these lies, each designed to escalate the situation.

Why wouldn’t you get away with it if the whole might of the media is behind you, to the point of abusing and threatening anyone who disagrees.

80. From Patel Patriot substack on devolution

So let’s connect all the dots here.

The Russian embassy in Canada releases a statement saying they are ending wars rather than starting them, in similar manner to Trump.
    The Russian embassy statement reinforces that Russia’s goal is the denazification of Ukraine, and specifically names the neo-Nazi group “Azov”.
    Azov was funded by Kolomoisky.
    Kolomoisky is almost certainly the owner of Burisma.
    Burisma hired Hunter Biden.
    Joe Biden as VP withholds $1 billion in loan guarantees to get the prosecutor looking into Burisma fired.

This guy is on to something.

81. Touched that nerve. Good. This is what you said:

And that’s exactly what you have been doing for Christ knows how long. Exactly what you have been doing. Which is why I said this:

You started the parochial nonsense, St. Ruth. You.

Don’t turn it all around. By your own commentary you have no real arguments. Not my words. Yours. The kindest explanation is that you’re extremely forgetful. Anything else is malicious bluster.

I said yesterday that this is the most important cause for several centuries, and meant it. I honestly believe you are smacking the stumps out from under it with your constant goalpost-shifting, story-telling, half-fake buffoonery, and this is too important for that.

82. I’m not responsible for Dan, Tim.
    If Victorians don’t vote him out this year, I suppose those still affected by his mandates will have to consider their options.

83. dover0beachsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 7:47 pm

84. It is amazing.
    The bigger the lie, the easier it is to believe.
    To be fair, though, the Lugenpresse is totally on board with everything Zelenskyy says.

85. I’m amazed how Zelensky is getting away with these lies, each designed to escalate the situation.

Must think it’s in the bag. Bit early to make that call I would think. Poot won’t be happy with those Chinese tyres though.

86. Much wow, his boss gave him a room in his Moonee Ponds mansion between tours.
    All this because I made a teasing comment about Ramsay Street Tours.
    Everyone care now.

87. Ed Casesays:
    March 4, 2022 at 8:01 pm
    To the commenter this Wednesday who recommended a teaspoon of Vegemite for cramps.
    It’s worked.

You were deficient in some B groups. My last order from iHerb included lithium orotate(wonderful dreams, good for brain) but instead I received a B complex. I had avoided using it because I also take benfotiamine, a potent form of thiamine. I started using it though and there seemed to be a beneficial effect. So I am left to wonder, and am not surprised it might be true, that the RDA for B vits is too low.

But why vegemite Ed? It’s loaded with that poison SALT? You are a contradictory entity.

88. Not as if Andrews didn’t stand over every Victorian particularly Melbournians for the last two years with his no mother’s day, night curfews, distance limits, closed playgrounds, beach patrolling soldiers and police etc.

89. You were deficient in some B groups.

Perhaps, but cramps only occur for a few days after eating Chicken, so Chicken mustn’t be a complete food.

The RDA for everything, apart from Vitamin A, is way too low.
    Never trust Government with your health.

But why vegemite Ed?

Can’t answer that, but here’s a guess:
    Vegemite isn’t particularly digestible, it coats the lining of the gut, blocking adsorption of nutrients [and some antinutrients, obviously] from the Chyme.

It’s loaded with that poison SALT? You are a contradictory entity.

The myth that Salt prevents Cramps is just that, a myth.
    There’s enough salt in Beef and Lamb to easily supply any Salt requirement, but chemical salt can’t be processed by the Kidneys.

90. Putin says he is striving for the demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine
    Azov was funded by Kolomoisky.
    Kolomoisky is almost certainly the owner of Burisma.
    Burisma hired Hunter Biden.

stinks is an understatement

91. Vernon Jones Will Nominate Trump for Speaker – And Once the Senate Confirms Impeachment of Biden and Harris “Trump will be President of the United States”

TrumpTrumpTrump!
    Even if it doesn’t work out, it will be worthwhile just to watch a few select Democrats shit themselves.

92. You’re correct about Salt being a poison, but it’s the only thing that makes Vegemite edible.
    The myth that Salt prevents Cramps is just that, a myth.

Salt is salt Ed. If chemical salt can’t be processed by the kidneys 90% of the population is in deep trouble because salt is present in most processed food, even bread. Of course salt doesn’t prevent cramps and I’ve never seen anyone argue it does. Salt is not a poison.

The RDA for everything, apart from Vitamin A, is way too low.

Long ago I read a book by a South African doctor wherein he argued that the RDAs are about preventing deficiency not optimising nutrition. Truth is no-one knows the optimal doses for many nutrients. We know the deficiency and toxicity levels but not the optimal levels.

93. But I still can’t agree that its the biggest issue for the last several hundred years, not by a long shot.

The first foot over the precipice is always nothing…

94. dover0beachsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 6:28 pm
    Russian control is safe? I guess it’s safer than being on fire.

I suspect that one of the things that ended any prospect of a Soviet invasion of Western Europe was Chernobyl. After that, the unreality of conducting large scale operations, using copious numbers of hyper velocity APFSDS rounds, became quite clear to all concerned. In Ukraine, even a limited number of reactors constrains operations, and forces both sides to cooperate to avoid a major disaster.

95. Right now, after decades of concerted and dedicated disarmament of The Australian People.

The foul and stupid Australian Government is:

Arming people off the street.
    Arming convicted criminals.
    Arming Neo-Nazi’s.

There is nothing that these people aren’t fucking stupid enough to do.

96. And in country Queensland it hasn’t happened.

Do you get that Knuckle dragger?
    They can’t enforce the shit they can on Victoria up here.
    Sorry but that’s just a fact.
    They can in Brisbane.

You like to twist, like notafan just did above, the clear statements made to suit your narrative.
    It doesn’t work, and by now you all are tired of me because I’m like a dog with a bone.
    Couldn’t give a fuck.
    I’m not being parochial or racist when I state what has happened, as many of the non compliant in Queensland rural areas are from other states.
    And they are also what the left would call the “colonising whites”
    Which they seem to be.
    It just so happens that the race of people that founded this country, brought their culture and values were white western Christians.
    If you think that is racist so be it.
    I don’t think it is because if the entire population of the British isles were asian or black western christians, they would have the same culture.
    It’s culture not race.
    Grow up.

97. I used to live in Victoria, run in depth tours around the city and all through the state and know more about Victoria and it’s history than the dumb parochial fucks having a go today.

98. Arming people off the street.
    Arming convicted criminals.
    Arming Neo-Nazi’s.

There is nothing that these people aren’t fucking stupid enough to do.

almost like the state department wants bloodshed and chaos in the Ukraine

99. ‘I forgive but I won’t forget’: Mehdi and Adnan taste freedom, but not in Australia
    Bianca Hall
    By Bianca Hall
    March 4, 2022 — 4.22pm

“I want to take a walk,” Mehdi Ali said. “By myself. Go as far as I can. That’s the first thing I’m going to do.”

Such were the simple hopes of the 24-year-old, who has lost more than a third of his young life to Australia’s punitive detention system.

When he spoke to The Age and the Herald in January, freedom for Mr Ali and his cousin, 25-year-old Adnan Choopani, seemed unimaginable. Now, after walking out of the Park Hotel in Melbourne’s inner-north, which served as their prison, they are free – in name at least.

The men, both Iranian nationals, were just 15 and 16 when, in July 2013, they sought safety and protection in Australia. Their boat arrived just three days after former prime minister Kevin Rudd signed a deal with Papua New Guinea to resettle refugees in that country, declaring: “as of today, asylum seekers who come here by boat without a visa will never be settled in Australia”.

Despite having been found to be refugees under the UN Convention in 2014, and therefore owed Australian protection, the teenagers spent almost nine years in detention – sent first to Christmas Island and then to Nauru. They were evacuated to Australia on emergency medical grounds in 2019, and spent almost two years locked in motels.

Late on Thursday, the cousins flew to the US under a resettlement deal struck between Malcolm Turnbull and Barack Obama in 2016

Mr Choopani thanked the US government for its generosity in resettling the pair.

“Australia torture [was] designed to break me, but I am more determined and more resilient today. We won this battle because we choose to be a warrior, and you choose to be a bully coward in life. I forgive but I won’t forget.”

Mr Ali said he could not be truly happy until his friends in detention were also released. “It’s not freedom until we are all free,” he said.

Dozens of men remain detained at the Park Hotel, which is part of a network of motels, hospitals and other community facilities designated as an “alternative place of detention”.

In September, the last time the government’s “monthly” statistics were updated, 103 men and women were detained in APODs. Another 11,542 people who arrived in Australia by boat after Mr Rudd’s 2013 declaration were living in the community on temporary visas.

For those who remain left behind at the Park Hotel, there is joy for their friends’ release and despair at their own stasis.

Ismail Hussein rarely leaves his room these days. He sleeps day and night, taking sleeping tablets in a vain hope to speed up the passage of time. On Friday, he counted five days since he had stepped outside his room.

“I lost already a third of my life in detention,” the 30-year-old Somali national said. “All the hopes, all the dreams, all the ambitions that I had are gone now. Even if I got freedom today, I don’t think I would ever recover from this now. My brain is damaged.”

His window does not open to the fresh air outside. After years of detention, his mental health crumbled on Manus Island, and he was rushed to Australia with kidney and bladder issues, PTSD and high blood pressure. His attention span is now so shot that he cannot watch a movie for more than 10 minutes. All he does is sleep, and lie on his bed.

100. Righto- If I wanted to go to the Australian Army Armour Museum in Victoria, which highway out of Melbourne do I use, which exit do I take, which way do I turn from that exit, what side of the road is the entry on and once I have found the site, do I turn left or right after the entry gate to get there?

You won’t get back to WA unless you are triple jabbed!
    So how many are you going to have to keep your union job comrade?

101. A pitiful excuse to run away. It is widely accepted that Putin leadership will only be challenged when he allows it and then it will be a puppet govt until he can shift himself, family and wealth out of harm’s way.

Not running away at all. I simply have better things to do with my time than trying to get you to broach the limit of your oh-so-conventional wisdom on this matter.

102. “I was young and took one room up on the rare times I was in”
    This is exactly what you said about your occupation oj the Moonee Ponds mansion your employer was renting.
    How is that *twisting*?
    Forgive me for not swooning in awe at you awesomeness.

103. Salt is salt Ed. I

No, it’s not.
    Flesh of ruminants is the only food containing salt naturally.

Dunno about 90% of people eating salt, but, yeah, many people are in deep trouble because of erroneous information about their optimal Diet.

because salt is present in most processed food, even bread.

Sure, it’s added in, except for genuine SourDough bread, where salt is added to slow the rising down, but is consumed by the yeast.

104. You won’t get back to WA unless you are triple jabbed!
    So how many are you going to have to keep your union job comrade?

You are weak, and have failed to answer the question.

105. Rex, personally I’m prepared to let Sage Ruth have his ‘I know everything about Victoria more than youse’ victory.
    Who could, or even wants to, top Ramsay Street is not that far from Maroondah Highway?

106. Oh come onsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 8:46 pm

You can’t change my mind. I don’t have one.

107. A lot of the shit that’s gone down in America, places like Portland, has been horrifying to say the least. A Cassie says, it’s like the Red Guards in China in the 60s. Another similarity is both are/were establishment driven. Mao set off the cultural revolution as a distraction from the failure of the great leap forward. In the US it is to counter the populist revolt. If you don’t like what’s been done to the US over the last 60 years, you get beaten up and risk losing your job.

108. You’re amazed a politician gets away with lies? I thought you were more world weary than that DB. ?

These aren’t ordinary lies. Earlier in the week he was suggesting Ukrainian pilots would operate from Polish bases.

109. Struth: You used to drive for APT?
    You must be aghast at the reputation they’ve got these days.

110. Ed Casesays:
    March 4, 2022 at 8:01 pm
    It’s worked.

111. The foul and stupid Australian Government is:

Arming people off the street.
    Arming convicted criminals.
    Arming Neo-Nazi’s.

we’re not arming anybody.
    The money will go to the State Department and from there to Swiss Bank accounts.
    Whatever Scotty gave them, Albanese woulda tripled it.
    By the way, Zelenskyy emptied the prisons before he left, so there are a lot of extremely dangerous criminals on the loose.
    Azov Battalion aren’t Neo-Nazis, they’re straight up Nazis. supported by the State Department.
    State had previously supported Nazis in Ukraine from 1945 onward and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’d supported them before that.

112. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/democrats-running-committed-leftists-republicans-several-states-years/

I reckon there is a fair bit of truth about this.

Sending young political operatives to observe the “American Elections” has been going on for years, and all the “tricks of the trade” have been spread worldwide.

The “Kevin 07” campaign was straight out of the American Democrat playbook. As were people like Richard Torbay in New England (since disappeared with zero consequences, just like Bruce Wilson).

If the infiltration has gone as far as “buttfuck” Northern New South Wales, it’s a fair bet that the US is full of these fuckers.

113. Poot won’t be happy with those Chinese tyres though.

Fucking Chinese tyres! I had four explode within 20km of each other, like popcorn. Someone in Russia defence procurement is having a very bad day.

114. Rex, personally I’m prepared to let Sage Ruth have his ‘I know everything about Victoria more than youse’ victory.

I’m not. Struth is not here for the hunting, and will be treated in the manner he indicates he wishes to be.

You go North from Melbourne along the M34 Hume Highway, taking the exit for Seymour (C384 Goulburn Highway) and turning left.

You drive about 10km until the entry for Puckapunyal Barracks appears on the Right. You turn into the gatehouse, and if the site is open for public viewing, you will be directed to turn left at the end of the boulevarde, then right at the shop and services.

Assuming Struth your intrepid coach pointer who knows EvErYtHiNk about Victoria hasn’t managed to peanut his busload of tourists down the Range Entry road by not turning Right, he will come to the end of the road in about 300m. The Parade Ground will be on his Right, the Museum on his Left, and the Communications Wing just beyond the Museum.

Visit the place if you get the chance, Military Cats. If you’re lucky, the old blokes will have their Centurion out for a run. 🙂

115. Arsonist responsible for Alfreton Park and Shepherd’s Bush Reserve fires spared further time in detention
    Headshot of Shannon Hampton
    Shannon Hampton
    The West Australian
    Thu, 24 February 2022 2:00AM
    Shannon Hampton

A teenage arsonist who deliberately lit two blazes in Perth’s northern suburbs that threatened lives, homes and a school on New Year’s Day — boasting “I did that” on Snapchat videos — has been spared further time in detention and was ordered to undergo mandatory counselling to address an apparent “obsession” with fire.

The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, first used a cigarette lighter to set fire to bushland at Alfreton Park in Duncraig, with strong winds pushing the blaze towards Glengarry Primary School and putting it under threat of burning down.

An hour later, the teen went to Shepherd’s Bush Reserve in Kingsley and again used a lighter to start another bushfire, which quickly became out-of-control and threatened numerous homes.

The teen was arrested a short time later after he was seen running from the scene, with another 16-year-old confronting him, finding the lighter and calling police.

Police seized the teen’s phone and uncovered video footage of the blaze which he sent on Snapchat boasting “I did that”.

In Perth Children’s Court last week, the teen pleaded guilty to arson offences and was sentenced to a 12-month term of detention, however the president of the court, Judge Hylton Quail made the “line ball call” to allow him to serve it in the community.

Defence lawyer Melissa Sandars said the decision to light the fires was an “impulsive” one and that he had no idea that the fire, particularly the second one, would escalate so quickly.

The first fire burnt 5000sqm of bushland while the second blaze burnt 50,000sqm, with firefighters from several stations taking up to four hours to get the fire under control.

Ms Sandars said the teen had attention deficit hyperactivity disorder which had gone un-medicated because of adverse side-affects which had led to him acting impulsively and lacking consequential thinking.

She said the teen came from a loving family and that his 39 days in Banksia Hill Detention Centre — which has made headlines recently for its “inhumane” conditions — had been “very difficult” and had left him “traumatised”.

Here’s a tip. If life in juvenile detention is “very difficult” and leaves him “traumatised” isn’t that the best argument for not being sent there, in the first place?

116. Chemical salt…
    Sodium chloride..
    The same stuff we extract from seawater for both food and chemical uses.

FMD what a brain dead Ed-Mong you are.

117. Latvia and Lithuania must be breathing a sigh of relief – for now.

My sniffing around the internet thingie today found that Georgia and Moldova have applied for urgent EU entry. I figure they regard NATO membership a little to pyrophoric and that EU membership would be not quite as inflammatory.

Also Kazakhstan may be sending tanks to Ukraine, and Lukashenko has ordered the Belarus Army to enter Ukraine but his general staff are dragging their heels. Plus the Black Sea fleet is on the move, possibly for a landing in Russian client state Transdniester or west of Odessa. Somebody has mined Odessa harbour too, since a neutral merchie hit a mine and sank.

As with everything right now the signal to noise ratio is abysmal so I don’t know if any of this is true.

118. An ‘extraordinary’ $240bn has been amassed in savings accounts during the pandemic, which one banker says is ‘just too much’.

People getting their long service leave paid out after getting fired over vax?

119. dover0beachsays:
    March 4, 2022 at 8:53 pm

I was having some fun DB but unfortunately the ? indicates once again I still haven’t figured out the emoji trick for this forum. Help!

120. Unfortunately, as you advised a while ago, the salt in it will destroy your kidneys.

Little known fact, SpongeBob, so don’t tell anyone.
    So, I’m making some Umami Paste [minus anchovies]on the weekend, will eat a chicken, inoculate with Umami, and await results.

121. Yeah Torbay was a horror- didn’t quite make it to NSW parliament iirc

Plenty of others did. It’s part of the reason why the Liberals are a clusterfuck.

They got infiltrated, and are being eaten from the inside out.

122. But I still can’t agree that its the biggest issue for the last several hundred years, not by a long shot.

Get jabbed, travel internationally.
    Don’t get jabbed in Maximum Leader’s hellhole (and I have my reasons) not just no international travel, shut out of a lot of aspects of normal life.
    Glad you can be sanguine about it rosie. I’m not.

123. People getting their long service leave paid out after getting fired over vax?

Nope.
    People in the Gig Economy, which is where we are now, don’t have Long Service, though they do have Super, which the kindly Scotty allowed them to draw $20 grand outta.
    People also save during times of uncertainty, such as right now.
    They rarely change the Government either, so Albanese has no hope.

124. Vegemite is a ripoff of Promite, which was invented by a guy who went to Japan way back and encountered the Umami Flavour.

‘Course he did, Grigory.

He also found out the ancient Japanese secret that incomplete chicken repelled warble flies, and that mutton is a superfood when combined with 2 parts Derpamine Mong-o-hydrate and a pinch of unrefined gypsum.

That salt-less superfood has powered you through some 200 unbroken years of wrongology.

125. Ed Casesays:
    March 4, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Little known fact, SpongeBob, so don’t tell anyone.

More salt, on your own advice, destroyed kidneys. So sad, too bad, self inflicted!

126. How do you get sanguine from not the biggest issue for the last several hundred years?
    I can think of several manmade events over the last several hundred years that might have been bigger issues, that’s all.
    Always said every decision he makes is political, if he thinks dropping vaccine mandates is good for him politically he will.
    I suspect that might be when the commonwealth government opens the borders completely to the unvaxxed, we’ll see.

127. Rosie refers to those who were compelled to take a medical treatment they don’t want as “ chicken littles”.

While vaxing/masking/digital passporting/qr coding and extolling the virtues of Pfeizer and the globalist mongs compelling people to do so.

128. I’m not convinced Andrews won’t drop his mandates either, he’s walked back a few things lately, including I think demanding Victorians all be triple jabbed.

Jabbed Vics about 95.6%, unjabbed about 4.4%. Triple jabbed close to 60% even without a booster mandate.
    Anything’s possible I suppose but why would Dan risk pissing off the Karen vote just to restore civil liberties to 4.4% of voters, when almost 60% have begged for the dildo- I mean booster- without any compulsion?

129. Trump is a gutless windbag.

The simple fact is donut, that people who criticise Trump always, always are the ones doing the things they’re criticising the great man for doing, or are the things they accuse Trump of being. So, you’re just a little gutless windbag who fucks donuts, donut.

Remember that $100 million he gave the African Union for the promotion of Gay Lifestyles?

No, but I remember the time you fucked a donut.

130. Or else it’s to the nearest nuclear reactor we wouldn’t pee on if it was ablaze

Been looking at the MSM panic about nuclear power stations. LOL. If you want to “cut off power”, I’m pretty sure the Russian Army might have a few “linesmen” in their employ. They only have to get within 5km of the joint. It’s seems to me that bombing and burning a nuclear power station to the ground might be considered slightly “overreach”.

131. Bat Flu appears to be on its last legs in NSW.

Other more pressing matters are front and centre. Like biblical rain and floods, for example.

Not to mention a certain alleged contretemps on the other side of this planet.

Thanks to the braindead lamestream meeja’s lying about everything for the last five decades, I’m not even convinced there actually is a contretemps in Eastern Europe underway.

When you’re reduced to banning poor li’l cats, alcoholic beverages and personages who pose “inconvenient and unvetted” questions on the ALPBC (not so shortly before they’re unpersonaged in an ignominious manner by our new Kamahl*) you can’t help but wonder if it isn’t another “the sky is bleu, trust us” moment.

That’s when you walk outside and check, again and get drenched by the rain that was never going to fall any time in the near future, let alone fill our beloved dams. 😕

*H/T oco

132. Not ‘the face of America’: Biden and NASA decide white men won’t be going to the Moon

White men have already been to the Moon…anyone else is just following in their wake……

133. Promite was invented in the Fifties, three decades after vegemite first appeared.

Epic Googlin’, Googles.
    I meant Marmite, but you didn’t know that.

134. If I wanted to go to the Australian Army Armour Museum in Victoria, which highway out of Melbourne do I use,

Speaking as a RAAFie, why not just ‘nuke it from orbit?’

135. Timothy Neilson says:
    March 4, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Re that;
    My SIL was working at a woollies distribution centre BC.
    Not wanting to get jabbed cost her the job.
    She’s had omicron and is now considered exempt for six months and applied again for her job. As we know, she is the equivalent of vaxxed. Or should be considered so.

136. Chernobyl would be a perfect site for a bio lab. Military dudes protecting the perimeter to stop idiots wandering in “for their own safety” because of radiation and so on. Dudes in Hazmat suits wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow.

137. If I wanted to go to the Australian Army Armour Museum in Victoria, which highway out of Melbourne do I use,

Speaking only personally, if I went there I would be obviously driving a secondhand Leopard tank, so I’d go whichever way I wanted.

That is all.

138. Apparently a poll of staff asking, “do you want an unvaccinated person working with you?”, came in at 80% “No”.

What happens when they walk outside the distribution centre? Do they shop at Woolworths? Do they carry a clipboard around asking people if they are vaccinated or not? Daycare centre? Pub?

Sounds to me like some wanker in management is a full on mask freak.

139. Learned a few things about covid /pandemics from a well known virologist at dinner the other evening.

The world went THIS CLOSE to acting in the same way as covid against the swine flu back in 2008/09. We also simply just stopped capturing data on this pandemic at the time. Just stopped.

140. I hate Cats

Then it’s a good thing they’ve been banned. I gave up on them after their tendency to sharpen the claws on the leather lounges, swinging from the curtains and launching themselves airborne at your face …

141. Not ‘the face of America’: Biden and NASA decide white men won’t be going to the Moon

Irrelevant. NASA ain’t going to the Moon anytime soon.

Finally, we know production costs for SLS and Orion, and they’re wild. (2 Mar)

Appearing before a House Science Committee hearing on NASA’s Artemis program, Martin revealed the operational costs of the big rocket and spacecraft for the first time. Moreover, he took aim at NASA and particularly its large aerospace contractors for their “very poor” performance in developing these vehicles.

Martin said that the operational costs alone for a single Artemis launch—for just the rocket, Orion spacecraft, and ground systems—will total $4.1 billion. This is, he said, “a price tag that strikes us as unsustainable.” With this comment, Martin essentially threw down his gauntlet and said NASA cannot have a meaningful exploration program based around SLS and Orion at this cost.

Dunno where all that money is going. Maybe they’re spending it on diversity programs. Meanwhile Atlas V ain’t going to the Moon either, since the Russians have ceased selling the rocket engines it needs.

Russia Halts Rocket Engine Supply To US As ISS Partnership Threatened (4 Mar)

United Launch Alliance (ULA), a joint venture between Boeing and Lockheed Martin, uses Russian RD-180 engines to power Atlas V launch vehicle’s main propulsion systems.

Rogozin said Russia had delivered 122 of the RD-180 engines to the US since the 1990s, and about 98 have been used. He said Russia would no longer service the remaining 24 engines, adding that plans to supply the US with an “additional 12 RD-181 engines in 2022-2024” can no longer be fulfilled.

Maybe NASA can go back to reaching out to muslims instead.

142. Saw a sheliah today next to me today at the traffic lights in a SUV. By herself. All masked up.

In hindsight, she’s probably a “manager” somewhere. Probably Woolworths.

143. But I still can’t agree that its the biggest issue for the last several hundred years, not by a long shot.

I bet you would if, instead of a coerced/forced/mandatory vaccination for what is now literally a common cold, it was a coerced/forced/mandatory mastectomy in order to stop so many women dying of breast cancer.

144. Covid is the most researched (think data) pandemic in world history. It’s therefore very hard to make comparisons.

They seem reluctant to release it.

145. Sounds to me like some wanker in management is a full on mask freak.

That’s what we all think.
    Or I should say we all hope that’s the case.

146. From yesterdays Paywallion:

The Mocker muses on how Jane Caro, candidate for the Reason Party, would introduce herself to the Senate if she were elected:

As an acclaimed novelist, writer, social commentator, public speaker, and Walkley Award winner, I would normally have no trouble in preparing my first speech as senator, especially one concerning my favourite subject. But a time limit, not to mention modesty, precludes me from listing all my achievements.

I say to you my being elected is a sign that conservatism’s influence is waning. It is time for senators and MPs to listen to Australians, and by that I mean real Australians. Let us heed the wise words of those who appear on The Drum as well as Q&A, let us pay serious attention to the speakers at writers’ festivals, let us respect the wisdom of human rights commissioners. And let us read the room, by which I mean Twitter.

To use one of my oft-repeated expressions, I am existentially terrified of climate change. As one who has more experience than most in seeing the planet from a commercial airline, I have seen first-hand the effects of climate change, and it distresses me greatly. For the sake of our children, Australia must reduce its carbon emissions, but instead government sides with the big emitters, particularly the coal and fossil fuel industries. These are the thoughts that preoccupy me as I travel in our Toyota Landcruiser VX from our North Shore home to our farm in the Upper Hunter.

I come to this chamber with an open mind, one free of preconceived ideas. I only wish everyone in this country had my attitude. It troubles me to see in this place an Australian flag, which I associate with racism. As I have observed on social media, I assume people who fly the flag outside their homes are racist. In fact I said in 2015 that Australia is more racist than South Africa was during the apartheid era. I have lost count of the number of times I have said I am ashamed of this country. As you can understand, it was an exceedingly difficult decision on my part to accept an Order of Australia in 2019, but ultimately my sense of civic duty overrode my misgivings.

It is my fervent hope that Australia will one day be a secular democracy. I stand by my opinion that we live in a “soft theocracy” given we subsidise religious schools, which by nature discriminate. My tolerant nature and open mind are such that I have a deep suspicion of parents who do not send their children to public schools.

I myself am a product of the public education system, and without the skills it taught me I would not have won a Walkley Award. Private schools, on the other hand, foster elitism, privilege, and intolerance. As I wrote in 2018, I think the Tax Office should audit all parents with a low taxable income who send their children to private schools.

I hope my fellow senators and the Australian people appreciate the enormous sacrifice I have made in standing for public office, something that compelled me to renounce my British citizenship. Previously I had called for the Constitution to be changed to accommodate people in my situation, but the government ignored me. I suspect it was because I was a woman, or that the prejudice against British migrants is still a factor. To them I say the stereotype of the whingeing Pom who complains incessantly about Australia is an outdated notion.

Among the many skills I bring to this place is my expertise in communications and a gift for words. As I wrote on Facebook when announcing my intention to run for the Senate, “It’s time to get shit done and stop electing governments who don’t believe in governments”. Did I mention I am a Walkley Award winner?

Fred Pawle

The Reason Party has decided Jane Caro represents its best chance of securing a NSW Senate seat in the forthcoming federal election. I can only assume its nomenclature is analogous to that of a despot third world country which has the adjective ‘Democratic’ in its official title. In other words, it is anything but.

Nonetheless Caro has a high profile, thanks to her remarkable capacity for self-promotion and her ability to confidently deliver an opinion about anything, regardless of how little she knows about the subject. When called out on her ignorance, her usual response is to claim her critics are motivated by misogyny and sexism. Like many faultfinders, she quickly resorts to victimhood when her hypocrisy is exposed.

Her reaction to the election result in 2019 is a case in point. “Well, Australia may be f..ked and the whole planet not far behind but I am at the best, most brilliant and cool wedding I have ever been too (sic),” she tweeted late on election night. “So I shall just dance & get pissed & stick two rude fingers up to the truculent turds who voted to turn backwards.” And then tweeting again for good measure: “I wish I was a New Zealander”.

To Caro’s dismay, many Australians wished the same, some even offering to fund her migration across the ditch provided she not return. Writing in the Sydney Morning Herald two days later, her reaction was most revealing. Saying only she had “sent a couple of ill-advised tweets,” she complained of being called an “absolute bitch” in response.

“But I don’t tell you this to evoke sympathy,” she added. No, of course not. Notably, she did not apologise for her own conduct, despite having insulted half the nation. Want to see these tolerance luminaries for what they really are? All it takes is a skinful.

But in one respect Caro has advanced gender equality, something central to her policies. She has demonstrated that women can be as vain, pompous, and obnoxious as any man. And while it would be a big mistake for any government to disregard the voices of women, one thing should be remembered. Refusing to take women seriously and refusing to take Jane Caro seriously are vastly different things.
    Lexcorp
    Jane Caro
    Jane Caro

Ps: hope the links work.

147. The Army Tank Museum is on Puckapunyal Base near Seymour in Victoria. Take the Hume Hwy north from Melbourne and about 90km later take the Seymour exit. Don’t turn right to Seymour, but rather turn left to Pucka. You’ll be stopped at the gate, and if the museum is open the guard will give you a map to get to the museum itself.

Well worth a visit

148. JC

Swine flu was the trigger for the global guidelines being set and largely put in place before covid.

From what I read it was a little too fatal too fast to get the spread it needed to be a massive menace.
    I also seem to recall either swine or avian flu ( possibly MERS) had a variant which was massively deadly in a very short period of time which really put the wind up a lot of people.

149. Vik State Gvt have been pimping the Foo Fighters concert that is currently getting rained on in Geelong

one concert then the Foo Fuckers fly back home

40k punters @ what $200 a ticket is revenue of like $8M

I’m struggling to understand how this could possibly have turned a profit
    the stadium, the staff, the insurance, the marketing, the band, the freight … etc

seriously did the Vik Govt put a on show with public money ?

Foo Fighters … honestly, Dave Grohl has about 10 albums but only one song

150. The top of the pyramid has grown so heavy that it is collapsing the foundations. In fact, it’s actively working to undermine it with an injection of concrete cancer.

Go figure.

151. You’ll be stopped at the gate, and if the museum is open the guard will give you a map to get to the museum itself.

It sounds enticing. Do I need to QR code in?

152. So far in this plandemic I have two heroes.

My boss. If I had a different boss he would have insisted on me becoming double vaxxed, I’d be out of a job!

My GP. He has provided me a mask exemption for two years. He requested that I present personally last week in considering a further exemption. He extended it again after seeing me. A hero!

153. Didn’t they have a Chinese tank there, at one stage?

Several- 2x Ex-Iraqi Type 69s (One being a Command Tank), a YW531 APC (The first of its kind to be evaluated by the West- Thanks to an Aussie Armour Officer having a close friendship with the ARVN General whose forces captured it from the NVA).

There is also an ex- Polish BTR-50 and BMP-1 (or 2, it’s been awhile.since my last visit), and an East German T-72M1.

Also a Swedish Stridswagen 103 and a 90mm armed amphibious tank destroyer, the designation of which escapes me.

Plus all the preserved Australian Armour from the first Vickers Medium and Lights purchased in the early 30s, thru to ASLAVs and Bushmaster prototypes.

154. James Newburrie
    @DifficultNerd
    7m
    I wonder what changed his mind? The fact that Putin is getting utterly cucked?

Quote Tweet
    Pubity Latest
    @pubitylatest
    · 2h
    BREAKING: Belarus President says his military will not participate in invasion of Ukraine.

Who’s going to tell him?

155. She’d bring you a chewed rat and win your heart

areff, I give you Jack the black cat (when I was a yoof) rats, mice, sparrows (or other small native birds) and a possum (which used to dance around above my ol’ man’s bedroom at 3:00am) that he stalked for a lengthy period of time, including some legendary contretemps in the back yard arena.

Watching Jack stalk birds in the back yard was to witness a true artist in action. The stealthy crouching, the phenomenally quick low sprinting and then the coli sprung leap. Nature, red in tooth and claw.

156. Cats are very efficient killers no doubt. I came on a feral one the size of a small dog in the spinifex while out mustering during my brief flirtation with living on the land. Anything living out there is pretty bad arse.

157. Thanks to an Aussie Armour Officer having a close friendship with the ARVN General whose forces captured it from the NVA).

My understanding is that’s how the Museum came by the Chinese tank, but it’s forty years since I’ve been in the Museum.

158. Till the subdivision is approved when you want to sell up ( not you of course Zulu).

The local Shire Council, here, used to run seminars on “How to manage a smallholding.” Make sure you have good firefighting plant, make sure your firebreaks are in good order, don’t piZZ off back to Perth, after the weekend, and leave your rubbish burning..” Said seminars were discontinued after being labeled “patronizing.”

159. Pressure to have a vaccination is exactly the same as pressure to have a mastectomy is exactly the same as the the terror/holdomor/shoah.

I never once have claimed to be in favour of mandates and passports but I doubt one person here who is vaccinated has not ‘taken advantage’ of their so-called passport.
    I’ve read a lot of predictions here, mostly wrong, many convinced even in December 2021 we were heading to January 2022 lockdowns, that international travel for the hoi polloi was over forever etc.
    All this vitriol because I came to the conclusion, after doing my own research that getting vaccinated over getting earlier iterations of covid was a sensible decision.
    Subsequent government decisions to force people to vaccinate aren’t on me, strangely enough.
    I’ll live with that.

160. So far in this plandemic I have two heroes.

Our local “Bowlo Manager” has been pretty heroic. Despite taking a couple of “jabs for the team”, he never even “asked the question” of a patron.

Everyone had an “exemption” as far as he was concerned. When questioned by a few of the walk in “mask Nazis” in the club about other patrons not wearing masks or whatever, he had a simple response.

“Yeah mate, I sighted it yesterday. Do you seriously expect me to ask them to produce it every time they walk up to the bar. You just showed me yours on your phone, so do you want me to ask you every time you want a beer? I can remember what you are drinking, so I think I can remember if you are vaxed or not”?

End of story. He was fascinated by the amount of people who wanted to involuntary flash their COVID credentials to him on their phone. He didn’t give a shit, only to note that they were “sheeple” who might cause problems.

161. I’ve been distracted from my proposed activities, decided to pop into the museum of Paris and discovered there is an antiquities section in the basement, thought I must have missed it on a prior visit but turns out it only opened in 2021.
    Some of it must have been upstairs at some stage, as seemed familiar, with maps and 3d scenes, it gives a good view of the little town that grew.

162. My thoughts regarding Andrews might be wrong, my hopes regarding the next state election may be wrong.
    I’ll live with that.

Custard is confident in America.

I am confident in them, Australia and the other Anglophones.

Heck, I’m confident and hopeful to the point of cock-eyed optimisim in my home state of WA.

And if I can be confident in that, then even Victoria and the Eastern Islands under St Jacinda of the Horseteeth have a chance… 🙂

163. Anyway, Sliante to all you ‘orrible mob.

Memsahibs been cleared of what the medical profession thought was the onset of stomach cancer, so mines a large Scotch and a good book. Night, all.

164. After having the last two years of our lives destroyed by unrepentant hitlerists, you take the victories where you can, Cats.

So feel free to tune in 7:00pm tomorrow evening, for the next Radio Show.

New Wave 1978 – 1985.