2,036 thoughts on “Open Thread – Weekend 28 May 2022”

1. I must say Katherine Deves does scrub up ok. In many respects. Her best asset is her intelligence, looks come and go. Her more obvious assets will be heading south soon and then not such a good asset.

2. What on earth is going on at the Royal Melbourne Hospital? Expectant mothers are giving birth in the Emergency Department as there are no beds for the patients.

What could be wrong with all these people ????

3. scientism @mr_scientism · May 20

Populism is better thought of as a strategy than an ideology. Populism is when you disrupt the incumbent propaganda org with your lean propaganda startup.

Proverbs of Solomon @ProverbsSolomon · May 27

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people groan. (29:2)

Confucian Classics @UnwobblingPivot · 11h

The jade uncut will not form a vessel for use; and if men do not learn, they do not know the way in which they should go. On this account the ancient kings made instruction and schools a primary object. (BR, Xue Ji 2)

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn @AI_Solzhenitsyn · 10h

“The forces of Evil have begun their offensive; you can feel their pressure, and yet your screens and publications are full of prescribed smiles and raised glasses. What is the joy about?”

4. I’m not sure why we should feel sorry for the Biloela family.

They’ve been dumped.
    Well, I presume they’ve been dumped, used as an election issue then cast aside.

For years we’ve heard of nothing but the Murugappan family.

Presumably the Murugappan family feel forlorn watching these Nadesalingam interlopers horn in on the deal.

5. Old blokesays:
    May 28, 2022 at 7:22 pm

I was talking last night to a friend who works in the hospital system in Victoria. He said whatever bad things you’ve heard, they’re actually much worse.
    He said there’s a lot of staff shortages from illness – covid and a new strain of flu. He said also that two years of lockdown have left kids’ immune systems very vulnerable because they just didn’t get the run of the mill routine exposure to viruses that they normally get, so there are way more of them being admitted now than usual. I didn’t specifically ask about unjabbed layoffs, but given that the unjabbed were all laid off, the covid-induced staff shortages must be among the vaxxed.

6. “What on earth is going on at the Royal Melbourne Hospital?”
    Royal Melbourne isn’t a maternity hospital.
    The Royal Women’s is, literally around the corner from the Royal Melbourne.
    (I didn’t watch your video.)
    If the Women’s is overflowing then that must mean lots and lots of women are having babies and the birthing suites were full?

7. they won’t risk introducing new legislation to accommodate one family with much wider ramifications for illegal immigrants attached

Until they do.

If only to prevent humanitarian disasters such as imbeciles administering palm oil to their todger.

8. Today I switch on Their ABC & it is all about the Nadesalingam family being granted a visa for Biloela.

The Murugappan family is known as the Nadesalingam family now?
    Either that, or the Immigration Dept has decided that Biloela is to become Sri Lanka 2.0.

9. Roger says: May 28, 2022 at 7:19 pm

Whether you like it or not, the decision has implications, and Australia lost.

It’s not a final determination; like thousands of others, they’ve been granted a bridging visa with work rights until they’ve exhausted their appeals.
    I predict they’ll become a headache for Labor before their term is out, because they won’t risk introducing new legislation to accomodate one family with much wider ramifications for illegal immigrants attached.

The ALP will be acutely conscious that plenty of their voters, especially ethnic types, utterly loathe queue jumpers & fake refugees.

The Anglo-Saxons who support the Murugappan/Nadesalingam voted not ALP, but Green or Teal. The ALP will also be acutely conscious of that.

Much reflection ahead for the ALP regards the Murugappan/Nadesalingam/otheralphabetsoupname family.

10. Gliberal party press release from 23 May:

We regret that we weren’t klimatee enough for the electorate and that we didn’t gift enough safe seats to strong powerful wymminzes such as the Teals (err, until we did). Had we known, we would have allowed Joshi, Trent, Jaso, Davo et al, to start identifying as chest feeders and given them a sympathetic makeover such as this.

But not the Bananaby. The Australian Beetroot identifying community (all fifteen of them) would have been outraged.

This message written and spoken on behalf of the gliberal party of Australia by the Kroges, Kooyong, Melbourne.

11. Mr McTaggart said a federal anti-corruption commission and health – the nearest hospital is 22km away – were other issues on which Dr Scamps successfully campaigned.

I know the Northern Beaches quite well, lived there for a while and still have many old and new friends there. I suspect the vote for Teals was ‘a pox on both your Houses’ vote. Feelings about the effective closure of the Mona Vale Hospital (diminishing its services) still run very high, and people have said to me that they are ‘fed up’ with all politicians – hence the Teals are seen as non-politicians. There is also a lot of environmental concern, with many still thinking, as per Gillard’s ‘black balloon’ propaganda mailed out to all households, that ‘carbon’ is atmospheric particulate pollution.

Sometimes people have to find out the hard way how much they have been conned.

12. More titles for the jaded:

Daughter of Shame: everyone knew about her act of indecency but not why she did it; or would do it again.
    My Wife Made Me Love Her Sister: confessions of a man who married a twin.
    Dark Yearning: her husband was a monster, her wedding night a nightmare, yet her marriage was a success.
    Dangerous Desires: a vivid tale of one girl’s struggle to find love and happiness after an ugly, sensual, and lustful affair of the flesh!

13. The report comes as Portland District Health closed its maternity ward earlier this year, leaving women in labour no choice but to travel more than an hour to the nearest hospital to give birth.

That’s even worse than it sounds, since first time mothers won’t be sure whether the baby is arriving or not.
    Sounds a lot like the Sri Lanka scenario:
    [Government says] we’re introducing Organic Agriculture in 3 … 2 … 1 …
    [Andrews says] Victoria is introducing al fresco birthing in 3 …2 …1

14. There is also a lot of environmental concern, with many still thinking, as per Gillard’s ‘black balloon’ propaganda mailed out to all households, that ‘carbon’ is atmospheric particulate pollution.

Lizzie, considering the sheer number of educated, saavy, intelligent people, who plain do not understand the (quite simple) preferential voting system, even for the House of Reps, I’m ceasing to be quite so amazed at the inability of people to understand almost anything, even people you’d expect better of.

Doesn’t excuse them. Just that I’m not expecting much more from professional uni graduates & the like, than I would from my dog.

15. Rosie.
    I seem to remember a report on 3AW of the Elf Department commissioning a report on Portland Hospital from an Elf expert.
    To his credit the expert refused to pocket the lazy $25 – $50k, and instead released a statement saying, “You’ve got all the reports you need. You know the problem. Just fix it.”
    I suspect he won’t be asked back for another report.

16. There’s nothing new in Victoria’s public hospital crisis, iirc Vic health had less staff that the premier’s office, and of course a previous health minister was our very own Dandy Dan Andrews.

17. Peoples – we are not allowed to let up on the Goose Morristeen hatred*.

I detest him even more than Ruddles and Turnbuckle combined multiplied by eleventy gazillion.

That depth of hatred should keep me going for at least another three decades – yeah, sorry humanity, you’ll just have to learn to exist with it, man. 🙂

Anger is an energee” …

*Only two minutes a day, you know you want to.

18. Why are the hospitals overcrowded? Is it because there’s more sick people around or because too many doctors and nurses were sacked for not taking the jab? Just a guess but it could be a combination of both.

The public health system is broken because the public are broken: 50 years of welfare, reward for failure, fraudulent dietary advice and big pharma scheming to make people chronically ill – then make money off their chronic illness meds, has broken the people and ergo, broken the public health system.

Sadly, I now realise its ALL intentional – the government WANTs a domesticated, dependent population, and big pharma is happy to fleece the herd so created.

19. preferential voting system

I have but one problem with it, give a choice of totally rejecting some candidates from getting my “preference”.
    For example I like #1, #2 is acceptable but the rest I do not want at all!

20. preferential voting system

Optional is fine. As we somehow ended up with in NSW (accidentally, no doubt).

Compulsory preferential voting is not democracy, it is its antithesis.

21. Gabor says: May 28, 2022 at 8:19 pm

preferential voting system

For example I like #1, #2 is acceptable but the rest I do not want at all!

You understand the preferential voting system.
    There’s more than one journalist could benefit from a 5-minute instruction from yourself.

22. At 5.30 pm today only 4% of energy for Qld, NSW, Vic and SA combined, was provided by wind and solar. The rest was brown coal in Vic. Black coal in NSW and Qld, Hydro in Tas and in SA mostly imported brown coal generated energy from Vic and gas (very expensive). Vic was up to nearly 70% brown coal. Can’t wait for the coal mine closures. No amount of investment in wind and solar will replace coal when the sun doesn’t shine and the wind doesn’t blow. Can you imagine batteries replacing 70% of Vic’s power for even a minute? We are in for an energy rock and roll fest. Stats quoted are from AEMO https://aemo.com.au/en/energy-systems/electricity/national-electricity-market-nem/data-nem/data-dashboard-nem

23. Narm is Aboriginal for Melbourne.

Supposed to have been a farmer in the Western Australian Wheatbelt, a few years ago, who called his farm an Aboriginal place name, to demonstrate his empathy….”Place of death”…..

24. The political class and pubic serpents have done so much damage over the last 50 years. What they have done to electricity generation in Australia is despicable.

25. Zipstersays:
    May 28, 2022 at 7:04 pm
    Pook working class Anthony “6 houses” Albanese.

how did he afford that on a politician income?

Lucky at the races?

26. lyingduksays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:14 pm

In addition, the high clot shot rate are not helping, and never will.

27. I might add, that I apparently have the Rona, which is nothing more than sniffle.

Keeping people out of work for this is a disgrace and I firmly believe is the biggest scam ever played on humanity. For shame. A pox on the hunchback bastard.

28. The public health system is broken because the public are broken:

Towards the end of the last lockdown the Vietcong next door to me had an ambulance call-out 11 days out of 15 .. the average stay was 2 hours and whatever the problem(s) no one was ever carted away .. I don’t profess to know what is required to be taken to hospital but even I figure that 11 calls over 15 days should have gotten some what-are-we-doing attention from whoever runs the ambo operations ….
    this street is 700 mts from Fairfield Hospital, 3 minute drive, 7 minute walk ……!

29. Lucky at the races?

30. As for OCO’s accusation that I don’t understand the lower classes… please. I grew up in country Victoria in Seymour, my best mates lived in Army-provided houses. I went to university and got a good job, yes, but in my 30s I fell on hard times and spent the best part of a decade being poor, living on the dole trying to start my business. I spent a lot of time in that period of my life around poor and underprivileged people, because I was one of them. The unemployed, the old, those on DSP, even the mentally impaired when I worked with my uncle to support a Reclink team… these were the people I hung out with.

Now, am I a toff? Bugger off, to listen to me speak is to know that I am not. JC can vouch for that.

Do I have a better handle on what the working class need out of a joint like the Liberal Party than you lot do? Ab-so-flowering-lutely. It is easy to pick apart your prescription for the Right to win the working class vote, because it is the same as your answer to everything: do everything according to what I want, which is to follow outdated instructions from fusty classical liberal textbooks of near on a century ago. You are out of touch with reality in general, let alone the specific needs of the median Australian working class voter.

31. I spent a lot of time in that period of my life around poor and underprivileged people, because I was one of them.

Used to live in hole in middle of the road, we did..

32. Sancho Panzersays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:22 pm
    In AFL Fremantle beat Narm at the MCG.
    Who?
    Narm.
    What’s that?
    Narm is Aboriginal for Melbourne.
    Yes, really.

The AFL website is using it to refer to the Demons, no doubt cuz indigenous round.
    But it’s a great moment for football. The greatest team of all remains the 52-53 Cats, 26 games without defeat, 23 wins in a row (2 wins and a draw at the start). Bobby Davis, Bernie Smith, Fred Flanagan, Leo Turner, Ron Hovey et. al. have never been matched and probably never will be.

33. Sancho Panzersays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:22 pm
    In AFL Fremantle beat Narm at the MCG.
    Who?
    Narm.
    What’s that?
    Narm is Aboriginal for Melbourne.
    Yes, really.

What do they call Melbourne during the Gay round?

34. I just don’t get it. Of all the countries on the planet, why Iran?

Iran is fabulously wealthy. It’s also run by a totalitarian regime.

Ukraine will turn out to be a disaster for the US deep state money laundering efforts. The Chinese and Iranians know exactly how to keep peoples mouths shut.

35. m0ntysays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Stop sucking yourself off.

You fucking hero, you.

36. Armadillosays:
    May 28, 2022 at 9:05 pm
    I just don’t get it. Of all the countries on the planet, why Iran?

Iran is fabulously wealthy. It’s also run by a totalitarian regime.

Sounds like Victoria, except for the wealthy part.

37. Also, yes, their age limits are around the wrong way.

It’s a “progressive” thing.
    Like in the USA, pre-teens are supposed to be capable of making “gender reassignment” decisions, but if an 18 year old decides to go $100k into debt to do a “gender studies” degree, society shouldn’t expect them to own the consequences of that decision.

38. I would consider myself upper middle class these days.

Who the hell says that sort of thing?
    I’ve never heard anyone describe themselves that way.

39. Farmer Gezsays:
    May 28, 2022 at 9:12 pm
    I would consider myself upper middle class these days.

Who the hell says that sort of thing?
    I’ve never heard anyone describe themselves that way.

The very type of people who are currently in Davos plotting neo-feudalism.

40. Like in the USA, pre-teens are supposed to be capable of making “gender reassignment” decisions

You can cut off your dick at 8, but you have to wait until you are 18 to buy a gun.

41. Do I have a better handle on what the working class need out of a joint like the Liberal Party than you lot do? Ab-so-flowering-lutely. It is easy to pick apart your prescription for the Right to win the working class vote, because it is the same as your answer to everything:

I suspect you are the only person here that doesn’t understand that you’re completely fucking mental.

42. Now, am I a toff?

Being a plain ol’ common or garden variety turnip should suffice in your case, mUttley.

Let’s not be gifting oneself any airs or graces.

43. I would consider myself upper middle class these days

Wow. Talk about embracing the mediocrity.

OK, mUttlables, here we go:

I would consider myself a Swahlili Chieftain these days. And a Liverpool, Bayern and Juve supporter.

When I’m not getting very outraged about inequality, as one does. 🙂

44. fucking hero

Well he loves a little woman
    Someday he’ll make his wife
    Saving all the overtime
    For the one love of his life
    He ain’t worried about tomorrow
    Because he just made up his mind
    Life’s too short for burning bridges
    I take it one day at a time
    Oh oh oh he’s an upper upper middle class man

45. Monty, of the soft white pallid hands, knows about the working class because…?
    He was on the dole for a while.
    And some of his mates ( not him) lived in army houses..

You’d need a heart of stone not to laugh at the tenuousnesses of this “ 4 Yorkshiremen” parody.
    Oh, and he was briefly one of the 1% by getting his cock caught in the hairy cash register.

46. Anglo Respecter 40K
    @Tinkzorg
    “It has only began.”·
    18m
    75 views
    0:00 / 0:09
    Quote Tweet

Alasdair Macleod
    @MacleodFinance
    · 23h
    China is recommending businesses use yuan and counterparties’ currencies to settle international payments bypassing USD. Commodity imports will be de-dollarised. Taken with Russian insistence on rouble payments this is a major step against USD hegemony.

47. Biden is insane

Senile will suffice, dillers.

His handlers, not so much.

This is the world’s most obscene pantomime. With fascists and nukes.

48. Armadillosays:
    May 28, 2022 at 9:19 pm

Because ‘Science’.

49. From “The Age.”

Australian killed in Ukraine remembered as a ‘larrikin’ and ‘battler’
    Pallavi Singhal

May 28, 2022 — 4.31pm

An Australian man who died this week amid fighting in Ukraine has been remembered as “a larrikin [and] always a battler”.

Father-of-three Michael Charles O’Neill, 47, who lived in Hobart, was killed on Wednesday while providing humanitarian aid in Ukraine following the Russian invasion.

“Always looking for a cause, he headed to Ukraine to drive trucks helping citizens flee the country,” his sister said online.

“He then assisted driving the wounded and injured from the front line, unfortunately meeting a sad end.”

She said O’Neill drove trucks for the mining industry before going to Ukraine.

O’Neill’s mother said he was killed when the Ukrainian army came under heavy fire in a war zone.

“Our family is grieving, and he has left a huge hole in our lives,” she said online.

“He left two daughters and a son so part of him is still with us. During his time [in Ukraine], he was awarded a commendation for bravery from the Commander of the Ukraine Army so he obviously made his presence felt … Always loved and missed.”

In a death notice in the Hobart Mercury on Saturday, the family wrote: “We are all so proud of you, you did it your way.”

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said on Saturday that O’Neill’s death was a tragedy.

“This is a tragedy and I want to give my condolences to the family of the person involved,” Mr Albanese said.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said it was “providing consular assistance to the family of an Australian killed in Ukraine”.

“We send our deepest condolences to the family,” she said.

50. munty

51. m0ntysays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:57 pm

A short summary for those who don’t want to wade through the whole thing:
    Fat loser survives off the remnants of his wife’s money, but lectures others on what would politically appeal to the genuinely self-reliant.

52. MatrixTransform says: May 28, 2022 at 9:22 pm

I factchecked this comment.
    Result: Comment is 100% True

53. Armadillosays:
    May 28, 2022 at 9:09 pm
    I would consider myself upper middle class these days.

Lol.

Hmmmm. Uni degree, upper middle class. OK, typical Labor voter.

54. Is This sob story any more accurate than your description of your trip to India?

Didn’t somebody drive a horse and cart through that one?

55. The way that the Libs can get the working class on board is to use worker cooperatives:

(a) make them available from ASIC as a possible form of incorporation;
    (b) place them under a separate industrial relations system, whose administration is elected by members of worker cooperatives;
    (c) allow industrial action in the pursuit of employee buyouts creating worker cooperatives (instead of only for EBAs as now);
    (d) create a financial scheme for employee buyouts.

The advantage here is that employees in a workers cooperative will see themselves as business owners. And they will start to take a perspective more favourable to the Libs.

56. 2 dogs

Trust him, he is a business owner!

57. dover0beach says: May 28, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Anglo Respecter 40K @Tinkzorg
    “It has only began.”·

I’m there! Cha-chinngggg!

Alasdair Macleod @MacleodFinance · 23h

settle international payments bypassing USD.

Do you want CIA-backed mujahideen? Because this is how you get CIA-backed mujahideen.
    Happened to Gaddafi when he tried it.

58. I am a business owner. I reject the Liberal Party. Change my mind.
    (Using as rationale actions/policies from the Turnbull/Morrison government)

59. (Using as rationale actions/policies from the Turnbull/Morrison government)

Who was the last truly “Liberal” Prime Minister this country had?

60. This is just woke theatre now.

Aren’t the Americans overdoing a bit with this clown? Maybe a cameo in some shitty Hollywood blockbuster next?

61. munty is a business owner, and rejects the Libs. Therefore, according to munty, all business owners will reject the Libs.

Trust him, he is a business owner!
    I think Cohenite was on the money with the borderline personality disorder. The spite just spays out.

62. Who was the last truly “Liberal” Prime Minister this country had?

Robert James Lee Hawke

63. I suspect Iran is going to be a significant player in what happens next.

Expect the oil and money to flow, but very quietly. The media is currently trying to bury the story of how John Kerry and the Kenyan are involved.

Ukraine got way too hot. Biden and his boy are going to get thrown under the bus.

Look to the East (insert smiley face).

64. 10.20pm EST and South Australia, the icon state of green renewables is currently powered by 85% gas energy and a mere 3% renewables! Cold night tonight and only the end of autumn too. Geezus one hopes the brains trust at Green Energy HQ have a back up plan for when winter really starts. The fiddle fart battery they have in SA is running full full out to produce 3% but it isn’t going to last long.

65. m0ntysays:
    May 28, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Wow m0nts you must have really been stewing on my comment over the day. You just couldn’t resist returning to lay out your poverty bona fides. Hahahahahahahahaha

66. Zelenskiy is the only one saving Biden from the inevitable downfall at the minute.

Hollywood has all hands on deck. Biden just threw $40 billion of taxpayers money at trying to save his own arse, and that of his son and their wider cabal.

If Putin wins, their fucked.

The puppet masters are looking to Iran. That’s where the real game is at.

67. Albo is estimated to be worth ten million quid, and one of the richest politicians in Australia. Wouldn’t that make him part of “The big end of town?”

that puts in the top 1%, a true champagne socialist

68. And at 10.26pm the winning state is Qld with 2% wind and solar combined and 79% coal. So do tell us Mr Albo how you will replace 79% coal when the wind isn’t blowing and the sun isn’t shining?

69. LIVE: Ukraine’s President Zelenskiy addresses graduating students at Stanford University

life tips: always have your full production and scripting company close at hand

70. It is easy to pick apart your prescription for the Right to win the working class vote, because it is the same as your answer to everything: do everything according to what I want, which is to follow outdated instructions from fusty classical liberal textbooks of near on a century ago

You still don’t get it, m0nts. You really don’t. I’m not aware of anyone suggesting this course of action. I certainly haven’t.

71. oh god, qanon is back…

Meh, I got bored. Besides, it’s much more believable than mUttleys posts. It’s almost as if mOnster has decided to model himself on Albo, the working class man made good. Humble beginnings, beating the odds and all that crap.

The Ruddster overstepped the mark by living in a Volkswagen for most of his childhood. A council flat would have sufficed.

72. that puts in the top 1%, a true champagne socialist

Isn’t Paul Keating quite well off – some forty five million dollars or so?

73. which is to follow outdated instructions from fusty classical liberal textbooks of near on a century ago

Huh! When was the Communist Manifesto written?

74. monts has ‘fair shake of the sauce bottle, mate’-level authenticity on this matter. I reckon things got so tough in his 30s that he had to eat his own earwax to survive.

75. Ramos told the outlet that he was working when his mother called him to tell him what was going on. He called the local jail looking for his son, before realizing what had happened.

“They killed my baby man,” he said. “I’m never gonna see my son again, just like they’re not gonna see their kids. And that hurts me.”

Wow.

76. things got so tough in his 30s that he had to eat his own earwax to survive

Before or after incinerating his calvins of a night to keep warm? 😕

#coveringthebigoneswithapillow

77. Oh God

These two need to be deported and let the Brits deal with their crap.

Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle made a surprise visit to Uvalde, Texas, Friday to offer condolences, lay flowers, and donate food in the aftermath of the horrific massacre that killed 19 children and two teachers on Tuesday. The shooting has roiled the nation and devastated an untold number of people.

78. Anyway, sliante to you mob.

Drinking good single malt, and watching Charles Bronson, as the vigilante in “Death Wish” is an occupation befitting a gentleman, in retirement. Night, all.

79. These two need to be deported and let the Brits deal with their crap.

She hired a private jet and took a film crew with her to capture the moment.

80. on YT.

Lex Fridman’s Analysis of Putin and Ukraine

Okay, armchair Generals, did Lex get it right?

Also, you guys are too tough on m0nty. He started a business. In Australia of all places. That’s more than most people in this country can claim, and that’s without even checking whether the business succeeded. Give the guy credit for something.

81. My business eventually succeeded and lifted me out of poverty and into the middle class, then it grew more and my marriage vaulted me briefly into the 1%, before a business setback many years ago cut my earnings in half. I would consider myself upper middle class these days.

Class and Income aren’t necessarily related.
    You’re a small business operator, you’re upper working Class, lower Middle Class, at best.
    You can’t earn your way into the Upper Classes, that’s ridiculous.

82. You don’t know the details of most people who comment here lives to pass judgement on ‘who gets it’, Monty.

True, Rosie. But credit where it is due, M0nty has so far as I can see, and maybe I’m too accepting, given an honest account of his ups and downs in fortunes. I have to admire that, as most of us would know life isn’t plain sailing all the time. A lot here have lived through hard times and have seen the end result of economic chaos and decline, the outcomes of M0nty’s socialist direction. He’s also useful for pulling us up and asking us to question our prescriptions for a better life/economy. He is wrong-headed with his prescriptions, no doubt there, but he can reflect more than most trolls who come here. A voice from ‘the outside’ or ‘the other side’ should be ok here as a counterpoint.

Gives us something to spar with .rather than with each other?

83. Class is complex, in Australia as well as in the class-benighted land of England. It is a mixture of wealth in property and business, familial heritage, positioning in civil and/or military society, language, culture, education, experiences and networks engaged with socially. Wealth is foundational and has to see through to the next generation which tends to purchase heritage, but wealth alone is not as such a class indicator until it is ‘routinized’ in Weberian terms into land, property, renown and heritage.

These are all traditional parameters and in the modern world money alone can dominate.

For most people, they feel working class if they are poorer and own little and have little education, and consider themselves middle class in a broad grouping if they are doing better than this and are running things, in their own business or elsewhere.. After that, there are ‘the well off’ and ‘the rich’ and ‘the ultra rich’.

Upper middle class is an old-fashioned conceit. Still important in Britain.

84. Stinky activists get stinkier.

Animal rights activists ‘sprayed with cow poo’ after crashing beef expo in Durham (28 May)

The demonstration, which began in the early hours of Saturday, is said to have seen one protester taken to hospital after chaos unfolded outside Darlington Farmers Auction Mart (DFAM) in Co Durham. Photos showed mask-clad activists from the Animal Justice Project (AJP) standing on the roof of the building holding banners and spraying coloured smoke flares. A spokesperson for the group said campaigners have now been left “covered in excrement” after one event attendee allegedly used a sprayer to blast manure at them.

An AJP spokesperson told PA: “We’ve been sprayed with cow poo by one farmer using a machine.

“It has been a peaceful protest and a silent protest and we are overwhelmed and outnumbered by hundreds of angry farmers.”

They added: “It’s really violent and there was one farmer who went along and sprayed everyone’s clothes. Shouting, swearing, spraying us with manure, ripped the banners down. It’s absurd.”

Well you do want to put them out of business Mr Stinky, they might be a tad angry about that. Ok, maybe I shouldn’t call him Stinky, but there’s probably a fair amount of cross-over with the stinky Extinction Rebellion activists.

85. GreyRanga says:
    May 29, 2022 at 6:38 am

I hear on the radio Nobodies Girl is blaming covid for her lose. Is there nothing covid can’t do.

How on earth can she justify that?
    Why in her electorate and nowhere else?
    The only highlight of this election was her loss, good riddance.

86. Vic health system, Mum fell (again) the other night, this time she broke her femur, she’ 87 and Dads 92, she lay on the floor for almost three hours before the ambulance arrived, they live in Essendon so not a long way from anywhere.

Teachers, listened to a Y12 English teacher talking about her work yesterday. She stated that in the week before the election the students were discussing politics and one of them asked if she was going to vote for Albanese, she admitted that she had no idea who Albanese was and had no interest in politics and juts donkey votes.

This is going to get a lot worse before (if?) it gets better.

87. one of them asked if she was going to vote for Albanese, she admitted that she had no idea who Albanese was and had no interest in politics and juts donkey votes

well it could have been at lot worse

88. Wealth is foundational and has to see through to the next generation which tends to purchase heritage, but wealth alone is not as such a class indicator until it is ‘routinized’ in Weberian terms into land, property, renown and heritage.

Care to translate this gobbledegook into English?

Being a successful Bricklayer doesn’t make a Bloke Middle Class.
    If he leaves his kids a massive Estate such as they never have to do a lick of work in their lives, then they’ve moved into the Upper Classes, but how many times has that ever happened.

Does she wake up on Friday Morning a member of the Upper Class?
    Or the Upper Middle Class that M0nty claims to belong to?

89. Sure to work.

UN Human Rights Chief Asks China to Rethink Uyghur Policies (28 May)

The U.N. top human rights official said Saturday that she raised concerns with Chinese officials about the impact of the broad application of counterterrorism and deradicalization measures on the rights of Uyghurs and other predominantly Muslim groups in China’s Xinjiang region.

Michelle Bachelet, who visited Xinjiang as part of a six-day trip to China, said the visit was not an investigation but an opportunity to raise concerns with senior Chinese leaders and pave the way for more regular interactions to support China in fulfilling its obligations under international human rights law.

She’s of course the Marxist-Leninist ex-President of Chile. Still it’s interesting that the UNHRC has managed to stir itself to criticize Chinese genocide, even if in the tiniest of ways. Maybe they’ll leave off condemning Israel quite so incessantly.

90. Actually had two similar experiences (2019 and 2022) with ambos sfw- couldn’t get anyone to come and ended up taking the patient to hospital myself which can be very dangerous (moving an injured person).

91. According to Pera credlin when votes added up left v right they are 49.3 left 49.7 for the right lot . Heard it discussed early morning in radio so stand to be corrected.

92. Milton, yep, taking an ill person can be ok but moving an injured person is not something you do without a lot of thought. I live four hours away and didn’t find out till the next morning. The Vic health system is literally falling apart in real time, at all levels. My wife works in an aged care facility, 30km from Wodonga and they have only been fully staffed maybe one day a fortnight since she started in Jan. They can’t get people, no cleaners, no PCA’s, no EN’s or RN’s. Just no staff.

93. This is going to get a lot worse before (if?) it gets better.

My BiL , a staunch labor man since his apprenticeship at BHP Port Kembla, has been sending me anti Sleazy memes… The latest was a photographic juxtaposition of Sleazy and Capt Binghampton from McHale’s Navy.

94. The way we speak, our idioms and intonation patterns here in Australia aren’t really an indication of “class” as the structured British system might have been last century, with its rigid need to “place” people before any level of social interaction.

They are a product of where we live, where we went to school, and how our families talk. I can usually pick a Sydney (Upper) North Shore or E/S born and bred type. So many blow-ins and immigrants in those areas though – I’m surprised the “toff” voice persists, mostly manufactured by the insecure to fit into a particular set. One of my family speaks pure Ravenswood, the children do not, so it has disappeared there in a generation. There are other examples.

Moving from Sydney’s SW to the NS when I was very little, I detected a difference quite early in the piece, there was a distinct “Roseville Line”. All fading now.

In our Big Outback Adventure, through western NSW, Barossa, NT and now W Qld, it has been fun to sort the locals from the city types just on speech. And it has zero to do with “class” and everything to do with location.

95. One of my colleagues is Irish and the more I listen to him, the more I understand where some Australian accents come from. I’m beginning to think some Australian accents came from Sthn England and some from Ireland.

96. They can’t get people, no cleaners, no PCA’s, no EN’s or RN’s. Just no staff.

Presumably the poor staff have to wear a mask all day. That would put a lot of people off, especially for low pay and manual labour. Then there’s the essential vaccinations which are multiplying like rabbits. Having to have all your vaccinations lined up and current even before applying would cause a lot of people not to bother.

97. I’m surprised the “toff” voice persists, mostly manufactured by the insecure to fit into a particular set

There is a peculiar snarl/drawl that many young lasses have adopted that sounds the bastard offspring of Valley and Oxbridge. Several of my young colleagues have it and it drives me batty.

98. BoN, that’s definitely part of it, my missus will refuse any further vaxxes, I didn’t want her to get the ones she already has, but that’s enough for her. I’m sure there’s many more in her position. Yet Andrews holds out with his vindictive spiteful mandatory jabs to work and the Vic Libs are silent.

99. miltonf says:
    May 29, 2022 at 7:39 am

That’s funny because in certain parts of Ireland the more more I listened the less I understood.
    There are parts of southern England where the accent is very similar to Aussie speech but I put that down to the pervasive influence of generational Neighbours viewing.

100. Then there’s the essential vaccinations which are multiplying like rabbits. Having to have all your vaccinations lined up and current even before applying would cause a lot of people not to bother.

It’s a variation on what happened in Sri Lanka.
    The Government there declared an overnight Transition to Organic Farming rather than a 25 year Transition.
    Rioting is ongoing, starvation can’t be far away.
    Here, Andrews gave workers in Essential Services a few weeks to either get vaccinated or fuck off.
    Effectively, the end result is the same..

101. Knuckle Draggersays:
    May 29, 2022 at 12:09 am
    Geez.

I didn’t realise mUnted was rich.

mUnted. Hmmmm, mUnt-Ed. Am I on to something here?

Or is it Montifa. Hmmm, Mont-fa. Sort of like Ante-Fa!

102. Ed Casesays:
    May 29, 2022 at 5:46 am

Class and Income aren’t necessarily related.
    You can’t earn your way into the Upper Classes, that’s ridiculous.

Dickless pines for an end to social mobility, and a return to feudalism.

103. Diogenes, I think women are more likely to pick up the prevailing “voice” as a social/group marker. I know my girls did that to an extent in their High School years, soon discarded as they got on with life. Son didn’t at all.

It’s a fascinating subject.

104. “These two need to be deported and let the Brits deal with their crap.:”

No, they need to be put in a cellar like the one in Ekaterinburg.

105. The health rules are doing their damage in the bush as well.
    Our small aged care facilities are hard pressed as the small staff pool is routinely reduced by isolation from covid or the new flu.
    Residents have had four shots and a flu jab and badly need the human contact and care rather than being “kept safe” in isolation.
    The health system is remarkably callous.

106. she admitted that she had no idea who Albanese was and had no interest in politics and juts donkey votes.

my experience with scrutineering is that the donkey vote is worth 10%

previously, when the ballot was in alpha order, it was worthwhile changing your name to Fred Aarons.

107. she admitted that she had no idea who Albanese was and had no interest in politics and juts donkey votes.

my experience with scrutineering is that the donkey vote is worth 10%

BTW this was in Josh’s electorate, at least was til Saturday.

108. Will

109. According to Pera credlin when votes added up left v right they are 49.3 left 49.7 for the right lot .

Meaningless waffle.
    Some Green voters still think they’re voting for Norm Sanders’ Tasmanian Greens, a mildly Leftist outfit that was taken over by Bob [definitely not a Leftie] Brown after the Franklin Dam campaign.
    Then there’s the Labor oldsters who delude themselves into believing a vote for Labor is a vote for Socialism.
    On the Liberal side, there’s at least a few that think they’re voting for the Conservative Party and the National Party has plenty of those too.
    Bottom line:
    Politics in Australia is full of lies, but the Liberal Party is in a better position going forward, since many of their fake moderates got turfed.

Labor is at the mercy of the Greens, Albanese’s best bet is to manufacture a crisis, call an early Election, and hope the Canavans and Barnaby Joyces of the National Party can get him over the line.

110. Group boast about extinguishing flame of remembrance at Kings Park on social media
    Amber Johnston, Seven News.The West Australian
    Sat, 28 May 2022 6:23PM

WA’s RSL Branch are shocked and disgusted after a group of men extinguished the flame of remembrance at Kings Park.

Filming the antics at the symbol to remember our fallen soldiers, the men have drawn WA Police’s attention after bragging about their stunt by posting the video to social media.

RSLWA chief executive John McCourt said the eternal flame burns all year round as a token of respect for more than 100,000 thousand Australians who’ve lost their lives in war.

“What do you do, go home to mummy and daddy and say look what I did for society today? It’s just disgraceful,” he said.

“There are a lot of people who have their names on there who died for this country and these people are benefitting from that, and not appreciating it,” one Perth local told 7NEWS.

“It’s pretty sad if that’s the only thing they have to do (is) go and destroy the memories of people who died for us,” another said.

After 24 years in the Australian Defence Force, having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and East Timor Mr McCourt said he’s disgusted by the act.

111. “Farmer Gezsays:
    May 29, 2022 at 8:12 am
    Will
    I’d say the greens or the teals missed that vote. I think it’s good she didn’t register a formal vote. She’s less harm than the climate ideologues.”

Yep, what I’m really concerned about after last Saturday’s result is the vote for the Greens. As for the “Teals”, I suspect that some of the Teals will be one hit wonders. However we will but we all need to be worried about the Greens, because the Greens in 2022 bear zero resemblance to the soft Byron Bay koala cuddling environmental party of old.

112. Yep, what I’m really concerned about after last Saturday’s result is the vote for the Greens.

Labor last night conceded Brisbane to the Greens.

113. Labor last night conceded Brisbane to the Greens.

114. Agree the Greens are very dangerous and very nasty judging from the ones I’ve seen up close. The 21st century incarnation of the ACP and/or CPA.

115. Nobody’s girl

colour me surprised.

116. I really don’t understand this “conceding” bullshit. The winner is declared by the DRO when all of the votes are counted.

One of the last aspects of politics where good manners prevail.

117. Let’s say a Welfare Dependent Houso wins $20 million on PowerBall next Thursday Night.

That appears to be a similar method to how mUnted got ‘comfortable’.

Piss easy, apparently – you only need to say two words.

‘I do.’

118. Generally the Teals, who’ll have no power, don’t worry me. The only two Teals I find sinister are Zoo Daniel and Monique Ryan. The rest, such as Princess Allegra Da Big Spender, are just lightweights.

Speaking of accents/dialects, Princess Allegra Da Big Spender’s dialect is pure Ascham. It’s a dialect I know well, having had cousins attend the school. Every time I heard Princess Allegra babble, I’d just laugh out loud. It’s a very gushing, effusive and verbose dialect and completely lacking in any substance whatsoever.

119. In her first interview since conceding defeat to independent Dai Le, Keneally said she was still deciding whether she would continue living in the electorate – despite vowing to do so whether she won or lost.

“Daily Mail” has an article showing her moving back into her mansion. Anyone willing to bet that she’ll be back in the Senate at the first opportunity?

120. “For Labor.”

121. Perfect closed-loop recycling.

Ready for beer made from urine? Gives ‘getting on the piss’ new meaning – Designed to battle water shortages (28 May)

‘NewBrew’ is made out of a liquid that is recycled from sewage, filtered, and pumped into Singapore’s water supply.

This 2022 version of NewBrew will be a “tropical blonde ale”, with a “smooth, toasted honey-like aftertaste.”

The beer, which was created by Singapore’s water agency, is now available in shops and bars to raise awareness about the country’s water scarcity challenges and the creative ways it has devised to address them.

“Scarcity” must mean “abundance” these days, since Singapore is an island state surrounded by water. Just add energy and you have perfectly pure H2O without resorting to filtering through kidneys.

122. The electorate of Brisbane was held, until 2016, by the LNP’s Teresa Gambino. It’s bad sign for Labor and Liberal.

Gambino held it for 6 years and retired.
    Prior to that, it had been held by Labor big wheel Arch Bevis for 20 years and Labor’s Manfred Cross since 1961.
    It’s a Labor Seat, with the loss of Griffith, Labor now has Zero Seats in Inner city Brisbane and The Greens have 3 [the lot].
    Labor is now a Rump in those areas, meaning:
    They’re fucked.

123. why is it abos and other indigenous are encouraged to be proud to be part of a Nation, but white people are vilified for being nationalistic?

the left are mentally sick fucks.

124. Posted this before as Iam in Kooyong and had been to a meeting with Monique . she told one group a friend attendEd that she went into politics when her kids were worried they would not be able to ski anym ore . she arrived at our meeting in a Mercedes SUV with elaborate ski racks on top and then denied it two weeks later at polling booth line up . She could not answer any questions either .
    I likened her campaigning to being haunted as she appeared every where on iPhone , i Pad posters everwhere a nd decided as the Italian word for haunt is Infestare that is what I am organising . All On right to infest her with complaints . Like can’t afford power Bill , shortages of … etc etc legallyb done but will make her life miserable ad she can’t afford to ignore .

125. My wife and I were sitting at Heathrow Airport and the Englishman next to us picked that we were from Melbourne
    “How can you tell?”
    “By your accents”
    I didn’t know I had one !

126. The electorate of Brisbane was held, until 2016, by the LNP’s Teresa Gambino. It’s bad sign for Labor and Liberal.

Brisbane was always notionally Labor; Gambino was a short lived anomaly due to redrawn boundaries.

She did? Is there a link?

See her Twitter account.

127. Zipstersays:
    May 29, 2022 at 9:11 am

Caught a touch of an ABCcess radio show this morning at about 5:30.

A deep dive into the evils of trans racial adoption.
    See having the kid change their culture isnt a problem, but they need to become members of their “race” or its genocide, or something.

So if you adopt a black kid you should take him out to be whistlecocked, or listen to rap music a lot… or something.
    It was all very nebulous, but I think the important message was ‘white man bad”.
    Always.

128. Unless you’re Terri Butler, who went out still trying to score political points.

Labor are filthy on the Greens for taking South Brisbane in 2020, but it’s their own fault.
    The Greens outflanked Labor to the Right while pretending to be of the Left, previously a Labor Party specialty.
    As I keep saying, Labor is fucked [electorally speaking].

129. Posted this before as Iam in Kooyong and had been to a meeting with Monique . she told one group a friend attendEd that she went into politics when her kids were worried they would not be able to ski anym ore .

I hope she includes that in her maiden speech.

130. why is it abos and other indigenous are encouraged to be proud to be part of a Nation, but white people are vilified for being nationalistic?

because that’s what the left are pushing in the US and so it’s being imported here. Get a load of the old thief’slatest bit of mental vomit

131. Eggfuckingsactly, don’t just solve the negatives, go for the positives too.

This is good, but it is not enough. We should not only cure disease and let everyone live to what is now considered old age—we should cure aging itself and extend human lifespan indefinitely. We should not seek to merely sustain current per-capita energy usage—we should get back on the Henry Adams Curve and increase it. We should not only seek to avoid worsening the climate—we should seek to actively control and optimize it for human ends. We should not merely get the whole world up to Level 4—we should be striving for Level 5.

Nice piece. More here:

132. Blairs law in action.
    How Australia’s electoral system allowed voters to finally impose a ceasefire in the climate wars
    Michael Mann and Malcolm Turnbull
    Preferential voting opened a pathway for independents to bypass the right’s hyperpartisan approach to climate policy

After the election, Rudd retained the same team of public servants who had been working on the ETS under Howard and they produced what Rudd called a carbon pollution reduction scheme (CPRS).

By this time Turnbull was Liberal leader and Opposition leader. His goal was to maintain the Howard-era policy in favour of an ETS and negotiate with Rudd on the terms of it.

However a growing insurgency on the right of the Liberal and National parties, supported by the coal industry and the Murdoch media, resulted in a party room coup that saw Turnbull lose the leadership to Tony Abbott, who then went on to wage a shamefully dishonest, but highly effective, campaign against the CPRS.
    ….
    How, for example, did Australia manage to defeat the Murdoch climate disinformation machine, which has so effectively waged war on climate policy in the US for years? Murdoch outlets such as Fox News and the Wall Street Journal editorial pages have almost single-handedly created the asymmetric polarisation of the American political right that today serves as such a formidable obstacle to meaningful action on climate.

Murdoch has an even greater stranglehold on the Australian media. Yet several features of Australia’s electoral system made it resistant to Murdoch’s influence. The boundaries of parliamentary districts are set by an independent electoral commission and have been for generations – there are no gerrymanders. Voting is compulsory and participation is always well over 90%.

Miserable ghost is miserable.
    Perfect opportunity for Dutton to expel the flatulent flogbag.

133. Rogersays:

May 29, 2022 at 8:42 am

Climate change enthusiast Littleproud to stand for Nationals leadership.

Good.
    A chance to see where every one of them stands.

134. I still want to know why Howard encouraged and promoted Trumble.

Howard believed the Liberal Party should be a broad church.

Either Dutton is being canny with words for political effect or he believes the same.

In which case the Liberal Party will, sooner or later, be controlled by the Left.

See Conquest’s Laws of Politics, No. 2.

135. Our mainstay goal should be that we both want and need to use much more energy.

Basically more energy = better standard of living.

Its not even controversial.
    What is shitty is turds trying to stop exploitation of space resources and insisting we should all stay forever confined to earth.
    All their scarcity hobgoblins they use to justify meddling and controlling are rooted once non terrestrial resources arrive.
    Club of Rome is dead, cremated and shot into the heart of the sun 5 seconds after the first asteroid is made available for mining.

136. Cassie said

“ The electorate of Brisbane was held, until 2016, by the LNP’s Teresa Gambino. It’s bad sign for Labor and Liberal.”

Brisbane was held by Trevor Evans for the Liberal party until last Saturday.

137. Howard believed the Liberal Party should be a broad church.

I thought he was just saying that as an excuse for idiots like Georgiou and Broadbent.

138. I still want to know why Howard encouraged and promoted Trumble.

Howard was always from the Right Wing of the Liberal Party, in other words, he isn’t really a Liberal.
    Turnbull is a Right Winger too, it was obvious from the way that Tony Abbott won the leadership off Turnbull that Abbott was an opportunist and wouldn’t last long.
    What Howard couldn’t know was that Labor would roll Rudd a few months later and save Abbott’s leadership.
    So, it made sense [from Howard’s POV] to encourage Turnbull to stay on, and when Abbott’s leadership imploded, as it was always going to, Turnbull was able tom turn the ship around.
    If it hadn’t been for MediScare, Turnbull woulda held all those Seats that Abbott lost.

139. One of the last aspects of politics where good manners prevail.

140. Michael Mann and Malcolm Turnbull

Notorious hockeysticker and miserable ghost are an item?
    And published in the Grauniad…
    Figures.

141. Fresh Study Proves COVID Shots Damage Long-Term Immunity to COVID
    Moderna quietly admitted last month that the vaccine skeptics have been right all along.

You’ve probably heard of the spike proteins in the coronavirus right now, and the fact that the mRNA shots give you a gigantic dose of spike protein antibodies to fight it off. That’s entirely true – for about four months. That’s when the effectiveness of the shots vanishes completely and, then, you have to get on the booster shot rollercoaster. For those who haven’t figured it out yet, Big Pharma wants to make permanent booster shots a thing, rather than going back to the drawing board and trying to create a shot that actually provides long-term protection against COVID.

But the shots don’t provide any nucleocapsid antibodies. After studying 30,000 people in a paper that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Moderna just quietly published, the evidence points to this truth: Because vaccinated people don’t receive any nucleocapsid antibodies from the shots, they can keep catching severe cases of COVID – over and over again.

Unvaccinated people don’t have this problem

142. Labor last night conceded Brisbane to the Greens.

A huge Fuck You Very Much for both the ALP and LNP.

• Squish candidates fielded by both Uniparties, backed up by an almost non-existent ground game.

• Preferential voting did the rest.

Sadly predictable.

143. Unless it’s a blow out, you can just as easily wait until the DRO makes their declaration and congratulate the winner

Conceding when your numbers are hopeless let’s your Scrutineers go home and kick back after a bastard of a week.
    It’s the considerate thing to do.

144. More Blairs law.

Cockhead interviews a cockmongler.
    Five Minutes with Fitz

‘That’s when I felt searing pain, not this’: Kristina Keneally’s perspective on her electoral loss

Fitz: Yes, yes, yes, but under the circumstances of all your colleagues forming a government while you lost Fowler, I am not being unkind when I say you must be bleeding? Did you weep on Saturday night after the results came through?

KK: No. I had a whiskey with some very close friends. My major fear early in the evening was that I would lose Fowler and that would be responsible for the ALP not winning government, so when that didn’t materialise, it helped. In terms of overall pain, this loss doesn’t get close to what I have known. The greatest loss in my life was when my daughter Caroline was still-born in 1999, the single most defining moment in my life. That’s when I felt searing pain, not this. True, at the moment, I feel that I am of the world, not in it – things are happening around me that I am observing which I am simply not a part of, and in that regard that sense of unreality is not dissimilar to when my daughter died, but there’s also a sense of calm. I know that there are far worse things in life than losing an election.

FMD miserable ghost rears it head again.
    Fitz: Is it possible the window that opens for you will lead into the Vatican, that you, like Tim Fischer once did, will become Australia’s ambassador to the Holy See?

KK: When he was prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull offered it to me once already.

145. I haven’t used ebay for a long time now, had a couple of old books to sell, so I thought I’d list them. It’s a pain in the arse. Incredibly fiddly to post a listing compared to a few years ago. I reckon it will face away.

146. A huge Fuck You Very Much for both the ALP and LNP.

Incorrect.
    Trevor Evans still got 38% of the vote and 47% of the Postal Vote.
    The only question was whether Labor would win on Green preferences or The Greens would win on Labor Preferences.

Incorrect.
    Labor’s candidate was a fairly presentable woman, Greens and LNP fielded Openly Gay candidates.
    Greens won.

147. • The second city flood in 10 years – largely ignored by Canberra – convinced enough of the punters that ‘something had to be done’.

Which is a touch ironic given that we’ve had “permanent drought, dust bowl, even the rain that falls won’t be enough to fill our dams and river systems” shoved down our necks for 15yrs.

148. we’ve had “permanent drought, dust bowl, even the rain that falls won’t be enough to fill our dams and river systems” shoved down our necks for 15yrs*

Hence the rechristening as “klimate change”.

Gerbil worming is so last century.

*34 years (and counting) of hysterical fact and evidence free anti-scientific bullshit.

149. I haven’t used ebay for a long time now, had a couple of old books to sell, so I thought I’d list them. It’s a pain in the arse. Incredibly fiddly to post a listing compared to a few years ago. I reckon it will face away.
    Oz postage costs make book selling online hopeless .. I gave part of my collection of military history to an op-shop after realising I’d have to list ’em for next to nothing after factoring in the add-up cost after postage was added to interest anyone ..
    Two six foot high bookcases full of military stuff (mostly out of print) should be worth a fortune but nowadays, probably, not worth the paper they are written on …….. and don’t get me started on my stamp collection that was meant to benefit the grandees … duuuuuuuuh!