2,957 thoughts on “Open Thread – Tues 20 Sept 2022”

1. One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin.

Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn-out old hat and an equally worn-out bible.

The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and accessories.

As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favour. “Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate attire for worship”.

The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again, he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the man and said “I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church”. “I did” replied the old cowboy.

“If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be for worshiping in here?” asked the preacher. “Well, sir, God told me that He didn’t have a clue what I should wear. He said He’d never been in this church”.

2. Thorpe is psychotic like most greens. Finds it harder than most though to hide her spite and venom. And what’s this ‘first nations’ thing? It’s another bit of agitprop copied from Canada.

3. Mother Lodesays:
    September 22, 2022 at 5:40 pm
    Should have refreshed before I typed that.

JC does not need me to defend him, but would suggest to JR that his Dad jokes will be rather less mirthful if delivered by someone embroiled in stoushes.

FWIW I perceived that there was some pretty rum goings on in the lead up to 2020, but the scale of it I did not foresee. I thought it was just for individual seats, not the Presidency.

Of course JC does not need defending and neither do I. He is supposedly grown up and can defend himself. He does though need to realise that he is NOT the font of all knowledge and that this is a Bog, I mean Blog, where Free Speech and Opinion is paramount,

4. Mother Lodesays:

September 22, 2022 at 5:45 pm

I think we should highlight the behaviour and demands of the likes of Thorpe – make sure that people realise that these are the people who want a Voice.

Exactly.
    The more airtime she gets, the better.

5. ‘Truth-telling’ the Left’s latest woke weaponTHE MOCKER

There are certain expressions which, although ridiculous, serve a useful purpose in alerting readers that what follows is fallacious gibberish. Phrases such as “hate speech”, “white privilege” and the insufferably smug “wrong side of history” are just a few examples.

Now a new word has emerged in the vernacular of the virtuous. It is time, they will say, that this country undergoes the process of ‘truth-telling’.

The aim of this, we are told, is for the good of the nation and to bring us together. “When we think about the effect that a national truth-telling process would have on Australia, it’s remarkable,” said Minister for Indigenous Australians Linda Burney in July at the Garma Festival in north-east Arnhem Land. “I see this as, you know, a thousand flowers blooming.”

As to what is supposedly stopping Indigenous Australians from telling their stories about the effects of colonisation in the absence of the proposed Makarrata commission, Burney did not elaborate. Nevertheless, a mostly compliant media has adopted the term, referring to it with respect and even reverence. So much for journalists avoiding loaded terms.

It was a subject that featured last week on ABC’s Q+A. “When it comes to truth-telling, these are going to be really difficult conversations,” said Wiradjuri and Wailwan lawyer Teela Reid. Perhaps so. But if you serenely proclaim the transgressions of others warrant your truth-telling, be ready for a few unpleasant facts yourself.

We can start with Reid’s comments about the one match suspension of NRLW Indigenous player Caitlin Moran for gleefully referring to Queen Elizabeth II as a “dumb dog” on the day of her death. “Free speech isn’t free in this country, particularly for First Nations people,” said Reid. “I think we really need to make sure that when First Nations women are speaking out, we’re not being overpoliced. I mean, this is, you know, just shocking to me.”

She has a point. Just ask Country Liberal Party senator and Warlpiri/Celtic woman Jacinta Nampijinpa Price about the abuse and threats she cops from Indigenous activists when she calls out violence in Aboriginal communities. It is a truth that Indigenous women and girls are 31 more times likely to be hospitalised due to domestic and family violence related assaults compared to their non-Indigenous counterparts.

Last month Northern Territory Supreme Court judge Judith Kelly lashed out at terms such as “systemic racism” and “institutional racism,” telling a group of female lawyers there was a “cultural component” to Indigenous violence.

“There is the culture in some communities that tolerates violence against women and others that blames the victim and prioritises the interest of the male perpetrators over the female victims,” she said. “That, in my view, can only be changed from within those communities.”

But these domestic killings would receive virtually no publicity if not for a prominent judge deciding to do a little truth-telling about Indigenous culture. To quote Bundjalung, Yuin and Gumbaynggirr man Nyunggai Warren Mundine: “Don’t these Black Lives Matter?” Or are he and Price in the category Reid referred to last week when she sneeringly observed that “colonisers will always cherry-pick a black voice that suits their agenda”?

If Reid and other activists want truth-telling, bring it on. It is true to say the homicide rate in some NT towns is nearly twice that of the United States. It is also a truth that Indigenous youth suffers disproportionately from parental neglect. And is true that only 41 per cent of Indigenous children attend school 90 per cent or more of the time compared to the national rate of 70 per cent.

This is not to distract from the reality that colonisation had a devastating effect on the Indigenous population. Nor do I deny the massacres that took place or the attitude that the original inhabitants were a doomed people, the colonial administrators believing their obligation was simply to “smooth the dying pillow”. Those shameful aspects are already part of our history curricula, as they should be.

But if we to have truth-telling, then enough of the exaggerations and outright falsehoods. Eighteenth century explorer Captain James Cook was not a conquistador. Rather, he was a decent and enlightened man as well as one of history’s greatest navigators. It is also true he is fundamental to this country’s history, and that his vilification and obliteration have nothing to do with tolerance and everything to do with imposing a revisionist ideology.

It is an unfortunate truth that Australian students are taught the claims of Bruce Pascoe, an author who is to Indigenous history what John Pilger is to journalism. It is also a truth that a gullible media not only failed to scrutinise his ludicrous conclusions, but also treated them as an article of faith.

And it is a truth that governments devote enormous resources to addressing Indigenous disadvantage. As a federal parliamentary report noted in 2019: “Over the last decade, the Productivity Commission’s Indigenous Expenditure Reports … have consistently shown that total Commonwealth, state and territory government per capita expenditure on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is approximately double the per capita expenditure on non-Indigenous Australians”.

It is also true to say that many of the so-called progressive commentariat and Indigenous activists loudly decry governments for the state of these communities but refuse to acknowledge the root causes other than blaming racism and colonialism.

And it is true there is such a thing as an Indigenous bandwagon. The 2021 census recorded that 812,728 people identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, an increase of 25 per cent from 2016. And it is a truth that many of these arrivistes are motivated by a rent-seeking industry that mandates everything from holding so-called welcome to country ceremonies to employing ‘cultural safety’ officers.

It is also a truth that the mere act of elaborating these truths can see you hauled before a human rights commission or anti-discrimination tribunal. It is also true that the truth of one’s assertions is not an absolute defence to such action.

It is a truth that no matter how many treaties are signed, or how many truth commissions are held, the intention is not to reconcile but rather to reinforce a permanent sense of guilt in mainstream Australians. And it is a truth that in the wretched Indigenous settlements little will change as a result.

But you know what isn’t the truth? Claiming whitey is the source of all Indigenous misery.

THE MOCKER
    The Mocker amuses himself by calling out poseurs, sneering social commentators, and po-faced officials. He is deeply suspicious of those who seek increased regulation of speech and behaviour.

Oz

6. I mean, the sheer heat.

They can’t even control themselves on the one day that some of their fellow citizens might mourn the old dear.

Even if they had no love for the Queen, can’t they let other people the chance to have their own feelings, perform their private rituals.

It would have cost them nothing.

But, of course, that is the style of the modern leftist. No one else may has a differing opinion, no one should be allowed to do something they don’t want to do themselves. They had to try to take the day from them.

They won’t let people have their own private thoughts. How can anyone think that these people believe in democracy.

7. Of course JC does not need defending and neither do I.

I sure do, eggsactly like all the other whiny little bitches here. Criticism really upsets me and I cry.

He is supposedly grown up and can defend himself.

If only.

I never knew that until you just brought it up. I didn’t understand asking someone to back-up a pretty big claim is limiting their right to free speech. So silly of me.

8. Comment, from the article Top Ender posted.

vincent
    50 minutes ago
    (Edited)
    Truth telling can be a challenging task in the world where truth is yet another victim of the woke mentality.

Over the past twelve years, aged in my 70’s, I have worked as a doctor in remote indigenous communities in W.A.’S Kimberley region. I very much enjoy working with indigenous folk, I respect and admire them and count many as close friends.

I believe I have a reasonable understanding of the realities, both good and bad and do not believe that ‘the Voice’ will have any positive impact on miseries visited upon indigenous folk in remote communities.
    The problems that exist are not something that can be ‘constitutionally corrected’ and I cite a few well referenced reasons for this view:

?The physical injuries resulting from violence are frequently more severe for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women are 34 times more likely to be admitted to hospital for family violence related injuries (ANROWS, 2019).
    ? Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women are nearly 11 times more likely to die due to assault and twice as likely to die due to domestic and family violence compared to non-Indigenous women (Our Watch, 2018).
    ? Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women are five times more likely to be victims of homicide than non-Indigenous women. More than half (55%) of these homicides are related to domestic and family violence (Chan & Payne).
    ? Three in five Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have experienced physical or sexual violence perpetrated by a male intimate partner since age 15 (Our Watch, 2018).

‘The Voice’ will achieve nothing for those so vulnerbale.

I believe that my view is truthful, for whatever that might mean.

9. Dot

Do you think the movement toward global free trade has stopped in its tracks? I think its reversing very quickly.

About a decade or so ago I read an interesting piece that’s kind of stuck with me. I can’t recall who wrote it , but was interesting how it suggested things could unravel and do so very quickly.

The piece suggested.. that if you were born in London and an adult around 1910 or so, in the middle class, you would have believed you were the king of the world, living in the most powerful , most international city in the world. Five years later that view unraveled.

10. These “key legal points” are not law at all, but bullshit flung at a wall. They make no logical sense at all.

They are law. The only thing flung at a wall is your poop monkey boy.

The 11th Circuit rejected it, for the moment. Your move, Judge Q’annon.

They didn’t reject those points monkey boy

11. JCsays:
    September 22, 2022 at 5:57 pm
    Of course JC does not need defending and neither do I.

He is supposedly grown up and can defend himself.

If only.

12. I suppose I’ve talked to only a dozen or so aboriginal people, covering a wide range. They’ve all been decent and pleasant, although one of the elders was a bit prone to bullshit. I wish them well, as I do the overwhelming majority of the various people from all over the planet I’ve had dealings with.

So I’m a bit pissed off with these truth telling folk. I can tell bullshit when I meet it, and that Thorpe woman is full of it. What has the crown done for aborigines? Brought them out of the stone age, for a start. I wish she’d go back to it.

13. The state has trouble identifying gender of the kids in there charge but quick in determining the cultural identity without evan consulting relatives.
    Some genes are worth more then others.

14. JC – You are way too sensitive. Get over it. There are a lot of other people on this Bog, I mean Blog. You seem to think that you are the only big fish in this very small Gold Fish Bowl. Sigh !!!!!!

I know, I know. I’m very needy and require constant reminding, so thank you.

Oh, by the way, any chance of seeing even the tiniest evidence to your earlier claim?

15. Senator Lydia Thorpe took the oath of allegiance to the British Crown, and is paid her salary to sit in the Senate. Didn’t that sort of conduct used to cost you your head, on Tower Hill?

1. The Greens are directed and funded by the CIA
    2. Lidia Thorpe a a dope who says what she’s told to say.
    Not dissimilar to yourself.

16. A guy calls a company and orders their ‘5-Day, 5kg Weight Loss Program’.

The next day, there’s a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19-year-old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck. She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company.

The sign reads “If You Can Catch Me, You Can Have Me”.

Without a second thought, he takes off after her.

A few miles later puffing and puffing, he finally gives up. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens.

On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 5kg as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/10kg program.

The next day there’s a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads “If You Catch Me You Can Have Me”.

Well, he’s out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck.

So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 10kg as promised. He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/25kg program!

“Are you sure?” asks the representative on the phone. “This is our most rigorous program”. “Absolutely” he replies “I haven’t felt this good in years!”

The next day there’s a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads “If I Catch You, You Are Mine”.

He lost 33kg that week!

17. JCsays:
    September 22, 2022 at 6:20 pm

I know, I know. I’m very needy and require constant reminding, so thank you.

LOL. You obviously cannot read other posts or even think that there is a World of nearly 8 Billion people outside of your Gold Fish Bowl.

18. What has the crown done for aborigines? Brought them out of the stone age, for a start. I wish she’d go back to it.

I could think of some other absolutely gruesome colonizers. Belgium would have worked a treat.

19. What has the crown done for aborigines? Brought them out of the stone age, for a start

Policy towards Aborigines in the 1960’s – the policy of “assimilation,” administered by the “Native Welfare Departments” may have seemed paternalistic and patronizing by today’s eyes, but, as late as 1948, there were still Aborigines, in remote areas, living their Stone age lifestyle.

20. An elderly couple was crossing the Canadian border to go to their winter recluse in Florida.

At the crossing they were stopped by an overzealous border guard, on his first day at work. He commenced to ask the couple a battery of questions.

The husband, on behalf of his almost deaf wife, answered the barrage of queries.

OFFICER: “Where are you going?”
    HUSBAND: “We’re on vacation and going to Florida”.

WIFE: “What did he say? What did he say?”
    HUSBAND: “He wants to know where we’re going”.

OFFICER: “How long will you be gone?”
    HUSBAND: “About one month”.

WIFE: “What did he say? What did he say?”
    HUSBAND: “He wants to know how long we’ll be gone”.

OFFICER: “Where are you from?”
    HUSBAND: “We’re from Toronto, Ontario”.
    OFFICER: “Toronto, huh? I was there once. Nice city. Had the worst romantic experience in my life”.

WIFE: “What did he say? What did he say?”
    HUSBAND: “He says he knows you!”

21. Rotten.
    Mother Lode is right.
    Any statement made about 2020 predictions obviously related to this blog and it’s predecessor.
    A bit rich to have a crack at someone for not Googling “J Rotten Presidential election steal prediction 2020” before posting.
    Where did you post that, btw?

22. miltonf says:
    September 22, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Belgium is a rotten little country- very fitting that it’s EU central.

Perhaps, but Antwerp is one of the three centres of excellence in Europe.. London, Milan and Antwerp. These three spots are amazing. The only other one in Silicon Valley.

23. Lidia and her lot take so much for granted that they don’t even realise they are doing it, much less being grateful to those who provided it.

Where does she think she would be now if whitey had not turned up.

I do like that The Mocker uses the word ‘whitey’. It throws into sharp relief the ridiculousness of her world view, at once giving a mocking and childish name to her stock villain, and allowing any engagement with her claims, however shouts and earnest, to be thrown back at her with humour – a poison to such as she. Her power is not argument, but accusations of grievous sin. Laugh at her and she has nothing.

24. The strange thing about the power elite in the US is that while they are trying to crash society and the economy, the thief in the Whitehouse still insisted on own his gas guzzling motorcade in London. Evil old turd.

25. The Norco [unsalted] wrapper says it contains Cream [minimum 32% Milk Fat] plus Starter Culture Extract.

26. Safer to eat unsalted, since salt is a preservative so you’ve got no way to be sure the cream is fresh.

Most people can smell rancid butter.
    But it must be more difficult with Mother in the corner.

27. Thorpe may be getting a serve from the Oz, but they still rejected a comment of mine a while back to the extent that it was ridiculous people who are the colour “white” calling themselves “black”.

28. Most people can smell rancid butter.
    But it must be more difficult with Mother in the corner.

Are you going to stand for this slur Groogs? I’m sure you are doing an excellent job.

29. JC says:
    September 22, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Bush , also perhaps I was cheap in wording the claim I made.

Perhaps the closest we’ll ever see to you admitting you are wrong.

30. Andrew Bolt in today’s Hun on Tan Grant:

Stan’s rant on race is a warning: Labor’s plan for an Aboriginal-only parliament risks turning into an incitement to war.

In fact, I have an urgent question for Grant, the ABC star who identifies as Aboriginal: Are you threatening us?
    In an alarming piece on the ABC website, Grant describes his alleged fury at being muzzled during the mourning for Queen Elizabeth – at not being “supposed to talk about colonisation, empire, violence about Aboriginal sovereignty, not even about the republic”.
    Already I suspect Grant is guilty of his typical hyperbole when preaching on our supposed racism. After all, Grant discussed those exact topics on the ABC’s Q&A last week, in an episode called Royalty, a Republic and Truth-Telling.
    But who cares about truth when Grant is luxuriating in his righteous rage at (not) being shut up? “I have been short of breath and dizzy,” he writes.
    “I feel my pulse racing now. I feel the tension building in my head. The veins constricting.”
    Er, shouldn’t Grant seek urgent medical attention? These symptoms sound abnormal.
    But then came what sounds to me a threat. Grant wondered how Aborigines didn’t get even: “How do we not fall prey to soul-destroying vengeance.” How incendiary. What “vengeance”, Stan? And against whom?
    I’m sure Grant means vengeance against whites, because he rages that the Queen’s funeral showed us “history … written as a hymn to whiteness”, and adds: “Sometimes, I wonder what it must be like to be white.”
    Pardon, Stan? If you really “wonder what it must be like to be white”, just ask your white wife before publicly trashing whites as some strange and hostile species of which you know little.
    But I said Grant’s piece, praised by other ABC presenters, is a warning that Labor’s plans for an Aboriginal-only parliament could turn into an incitement to war.
    What if Australians reject this plan when it’s put to a referendum? I guarantee activists and journalists will claim that proves white Australians really are racist and are at war with Aborigines, who must react … how? With “vengeance”?
    Indeed, Senator Lidia Thorpe, the Greens’ “justice” spokesman, already says whites are waging “an ongoing war against us”, and in December seemed to cheer what Grant might call “vengeance” – Aboriginal activists burning the doors of our old Parliament House.
    “Seems like the colonial system is burning down,” Thorpe gloated. “Happy New Year everyone.”
    Labor’s plan is stoking such war talk. Pray no one gets hurt.

31. Labor will be implementing death taxes within 2 years.

The ACTU was demanding death taxes in the buildup to the 2019 election. I’ve always thought of them of “the politics of envy” at their finest – death taxes, that is, not the ACTU.

32. Lotta work for a Bomb Technician around Alice Springs, Top Ender?

The NT is a giant mine. Has been for over a hundred years, and up until the last 50 was very much a DIY affair – and that meant lots and lots of gelly, det cord and all sorts of other kaboom-manufacturing gear.

It’s still all over the place today, all through Central Australia. Shafts and pits and little sheds full of gelly which is sweating like a bag of cats at a greyhound meet. So yeah, wrong again.

Speaking of bombs, how are the jokes going? I feel partly responsible from putting one up a week ago.

33. Zulu at 8.22am.

Albanese has spent his entire political career railing against privilege and inherited wealth and advantage,
    Yet since he became PM he has totally embraced the very same privilege.
    There have been many overseas trips accompanied by flunkeys, in taxpayer funded jet planes. Here at home chauffeured limousines are among the trappings of privilege Albanese and his born to rule, political cohorts have effortlessly embraced. He is surrounded by staff to attend to his every beck and call. People, who in another place he would sneeringly refer to as servants.
    So all the privileges of inherited wealth, which Albanese has berated over almost his entire adult life suddenly seem to become acceptable.

Albanese is out of his depth as prime minister.
    He will take any and all of the trappings of office that appear to give him gravitas.

I half expect a surprise meeting with that Ukrainian clown Zelensky.

34. I was on other Blogs and wiv’ other people. There is a bigger World out there don’t yer’ know. There is a lot more going on in the World than this Gold Fish Bowl. I also predicted that

Tell you what.

That stereotype about whinging Poms is way off. Waaaaaaaaay off.

You can also tell Rotten’s a kipper-muncher because he types with an accent.

35. Top Endersays:
    September 22, 2022 at 5:52 pm
    ‘Truth-telling’ the Left’s latest woke weapon THE MOCKER

Summed up by the Take Down of Dumb Don Lemon

Analyst who schooled Don Lemon speaks out

Analyst who schooled Don Lemon speaks out

and

Recently demoted CNN host Don Lemon was caught like a deer in the headlights Monday night when he asked British royal commentator Hillary Fordwich whether the British royal family should pay reparations, claiming that some in the United Kingdom “want to be paid back.”

McEnany: This takedown of Don Lemon was ‘absolutely epic’

36. Notice how Grant (another white name) just imports terms from US ‘universities’ like hymn to whiteness. Just imported propaganda from the American left with a few nouns changed. How dare these people lecture us with their massive pubic serpent salaries plus super. Seriously fuck off.

37. Don’t put too much faith in it, custard.

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 05:07 UT a powerful Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) will strike Earth –a Carrington-like event– that will ring in the end of the world as we know it.

I think stoning’s the punishment for failed Great Predictions from the ME.

38. Custard, from that link

This is according to scientist Ali Al-Rubaidi in a paper published last month on ResearchGate that is “based on Science and The Quran”–a multidisciplinary approach I find curious.

Maybe unplug the computer but don’t start panic buying tins of tuna just yet.

39. The Ukrainian Ag Minister expects 22/23 wheat production will be between 16-18 MMT. Ukraine’s UkrAgroConsult reported the 23/24 wheat planting reached 9% complete – noting a potential 17.4% area reduction. Areas under Russian control are not counted.

From barchart.com

This result given a dry season and their country being invaded.
    Incredible.
    I’d love to get a look at the place one day.

40. I half expect a surprise meeting with that Ukrainian clown Zelensky.

41. The clown in the Ukraine is a puppet of the Democratic party, The EU and the Washington war Machine. The Ukraine is a plaything of the various American crime families.

42. the missus is watching video now.
    Thorpe is screeching about “blood on your hands”

missus flashes me her phone…

there’s a deaf translator bloke beside Thorpe
    using his hands to translate

didnt see any blood on his hands though

43. What’s some good charities?

Local ones – the smallest ones you can find. The ones that are run fully by volunteers.

btw, Dot, have you responded to my question?

44. Admire the Unvaccinated. They withstood the greatest pressure from all fronts. People who were capable of such personality, courage and critical ability are the best of humanity.

45. I don’t get the disdain. He’s literally a populist President defending his borders and sovereignty. He has made a fool of a much more capable opponent.

He was elected on the promise of peace with Russia. It was his opponent who was demanding a hard line with Russia be taken. Had Zelenskyy kept his promise, this war would never have happened.

46. Interesting: Gutfeld quotes a Reuter’s poll which found a MAJORITY of Americans now find Trump’s MAGA a threat to democracy. At the risk of being a doomer, I repeat, the mid terms are gone: demorats and the msm are aligned in comprehensive and sustained propaganda and most people are idiots.

I will now only post jokes, uplifting book titles and photos of fainting goats and cute owls.

47. Those who worked out the clot shot were useless after the initial round and didn’t get any boosters also deserve admiration. Fool me once, but not twice. Well done to those.

48. Can’t you just feel the excitement of Victoriastan lifting mask mandates on public transport?

It was virtually a dead letter in Sydney. Even Bus Drivers were largely maskless. My take was that those laser-brain geniuses in Macquarie St finally twigged that expecting people to carry masks in summer (going to the beach, walking out the door in t-shirts and shorts, etc might have ignited some electorally uncharitable feelings – and a slew of uncharitable epithets.

The only reason it took so long for them to notice, of course, is that the mandates never actually applied to them.

Might use this as a cover to imbibe

You need cover? I had never even considered that.

49. So I have posted a link that said that Donald Trump signed the insurrection act.

50. On the subject of resurrected lizard monarchs (the Tele):

The Sun reports 28-year-old Muhammad Khan was charged with two breaches of the Public Order Act, after allegedly trying to lift the Royal Standard from Queen Elizabeth’s coffin, having left the queue to see her lying in state.

And:

“He stepped off the carpet in the direction of the catafalque, then grabbed hold of the Royal Standard flag draped over the coffin with both of his hands,” [the prosecutor] Mr Staton told the court.

The court also heard Khan believed the Queen was not really dead and approached the coffin to “check for himself”.

Mr Khan wasn’t Robinson Crusoe:

On Monday, Mark Hague, 52, admitted a charge under Section 5 of the Public Order Act after he was escorted from the queue in Victoria Tower Gardens on Saturday morning.

A mourner raised the alarm after Hague was heard to say: “I will tell her to get out of her f****** coffin because she’s not dead.”

Lazy Queen. She’d been lying down for a week. You’d think she would have built up some energy.

51. Seems to me that the disgusting antics of people like Thorpe and Grant are attempts to start a race war here. Just like the US. Very much the prescribed leftist tactic at the moment. Probably discussed in many faculty common rooms.

52. ZK2A:

I see this as, you know, a thousand flowers blooming.”

Does anybody else see the irony of this phrase?

I have to admit I laughed when I read it.

Let a hundred flowers bloom; let a hundred schools of thought contend.

Mao Tse Tung.
    And he then slaughtered all those who stuck their heads above the parapets.

53. Had Zelenskyy kept his promise, this war would never have happened.

Whom invaded what?

This poor little Putin routine is risible.

Don’t make me invade, country that has no right to exist, which I annexed territory from before!

The idea that Zelensky is an idiot because America is interfering with your country…

So everyone is an idiot now?

54. What is:
    1/. The Insurrection Act?
    2/. Significance of Trump signing it?
    3/. How does this differ from if I signed it?

55. Er… Custard, a careful read of my posted comment will reveal I’m actually asking WTF is the insurrection act & wtf is the significance of signing it?

Supplementary question: In what capacity did Trump sign this inspection act, POTUS, scrappy NYC property developer, or ex-Potus between tees on the golf course at Murrill Argo?

56. On its own this Insurrection Act is a piece of paper, useful if you’re caught short in the dunny, or you’ve run out of Tally-Ho & still got a bit of Log Cabin.

Whose guns are going to enforce this Incel Erection Act?

57. The Insurrection Act redefines an insurrection as a case where unarmed people are ushered into The Capitol and raise their voices.

There are also provisions recognising concomitant aggravating acts such as stealing government property – such as concealing a bullet in your body through a fatal wound, or endangering the physical welfare of an officer of the police when they kick you to death and risk soft tissue bruising of the ankle.

58. Cats will need to research this.

ffs Custard, help us out on this one.
    Tell us wtf is the significance of this instruction act, please.

59. As per my post earlier today.

Crikey Custard, some of us have got jobs.
    Don’t have the time to scroll back for this stuff.

60. Then again, why scroll back, there’s only five days to wait & see the developments in real time.
    Not as if I can do anything about what Trump is up to, he’s ignored all my advice to date.

61. Cats must understand that if you seriously believe that a property developer from NYC would be recruited as a candidate to run for President knowing about election fraud would give the whole lot over to a money laundering pedophile given his embrace,is a narrative that cannot be squared.

62. Righto:

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, or rebellion.

Been used 27 times since 1807.

Why does it need ‘signing’ if it’s already been in use for 115 years? What’s the point of DJT signing it?

If, in fact, he did? What is its significance?

63. dunno what the missus watching but Thorpe was pretty rabid.

64. Trump was not recruited to the Presidency.
    He bulldozed his way in, over the dead bodies of the other Fourteen primary candidates, which included some rather heavy hitting national figures.

He also had to push past most of the Republican Party.

Trump charged in & bloody well took the White House.

65. Any of the bush lawyers here help out? What options does the Senate have – if any – to censure Lydia Thorpe for her disgusting behavior?

Same options they used for Bettina Arndt should so the trick.

66. if you seriously believe that a property developer from NYC would be recruited as a candidate to run for President knowing about election fraud would give the whole lot over to a money laundering pedophile given his embrace,is a narrative that cannot be squared.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

You mean Trump’s part of the Deep State. He planned it all. No, wait. His handlers planned it all. He’s one of them!

5D chess! Covfefe!

67. Admire the Unvaccinated. They withstood the greatest pressure from all fronts. People who were capable of such personality, courage and critical ability are the best of humanity.

Aww, shucks. It wuz nuttin’.

68. He was no Captain’s pick. No secret room full of James Bond type master-villans were pulling any puppet strings to deposit Trump into the White House.

But it’s all there – it makes so much sense now! Listen to all the substackpods!

He was part of it all along! Like the endings of all the Scooby Doo episodes!

Wake the fuck up everyone!

69. Cats either have to refute that line of thinking/knowledge or give their version of what is happening.

No they don’t.

Cats will need to research this.

No they don’t.

70. custardsays:
    September 22, 2022 at 9:12 pm
    Think about everything that has been happening.

Something is big is going down. My instincts are telling me to buy lots of long expiration food.
    Only think about your immediate family and survival.

The ‘government’ is definitely not here to help.

71. “Any of the bush lawyers here help out? What options does the Senate have – if any – to censure Lydia Thorpe for her disgusting behavior?”

Thorpe can be censored. The Liberals/Nationals and One Nation could organise a motion to censure the slag, it might not pass because they don’t have a majority but it would make a point.

Oh and the Greens have already said that they’re going to organise a censure motion against Pauline Hanson, all because she told that putrid Mehreen Faruqi to fuck off back to Pakistan.

Remember how in 2020, those two skanks Keneally and Wong organised a motion to censure Bettina Arndt, which passed because every fucking Liberal and National supported the skank’s motion.

72. A letter from the governing class, to the People of Australia groovers:

We, the governing class, would like sit down and have an honest chat about where our great country is going and answer damaging claims being made by others about the direction we are taking…

Repeated allegations that Liberal and Labor have become virtually indistinguishable are not relevant, nor does it matter that the Nationals and Greens act as their appendages.

In the end, these once proud political entities work hard to provide us, the governing class, with new recruits for the system.

Having election campaigns financed by taxpayers has given us legislative control and rendered party organisations obsolete.

All new members of our governing class who make it into our ranks are set for a life of privilege and comfort out of reach for most in the real world.

The governing class no longer has to compete for issues along party lines except to maintain the charade of Parliament for the plebs.

Our achievements are many.

We have almost won the war to de-industrialise Australia and undermine the society that you and your forebears built.

Parliament is a rubber stamp for our whims. We are united as globalists and we invite you, the people, to embrace the new world order we are shaping for you, whether you like it or not.

As intellectually and morally superior globalists, we are proud of what we have done.

No more will Australia be comprised of pesky patriotic nationalists.

No longer will we put Australia first.

Rather, we must put the poor of the world first.

Let us do a little boasting.

Hear us out, and you will understand not only the internationalist future we have planned, but also that further resistance is futile.

To succeed in our 2030 goals, we had to destroy capitalism by making it the enemy of the people.

This was done covertly by utilising the power of the United Nations, infiltrating universities, corrupting mainstream communications, and entering political parties.

The weapons we created were fashioned from the demonisation of energy (hydrocarbon fuels), nuclear power, hydropower (by amusingly claiming they stopped the rivers from ‘running free’), and the promotion of alternative, expensive fake power sources in the form of some seriously outrageous ideas that we marketed as ‘clean energy’.

‘Privatisation’ of basic services such as power, water, and gas came as the first step.

We discovered, ‘privatisation’ proved to be a useful word to obscure the creation of ‘monopolies’.

This situation has been working out great for us.

With overwhelming support from the media and Green activists, we have all of Australia’s governments implementing our agenda.

We were surprised how easy it was to convince people to part with their money to build unreliable wind farms and solar-powered shadow grids (that are so useless their output is reduced by up to 80 per cent by just a layer of dust – and we went ahead and built them in deserts!).

We did a little bit of extra work and linked reliable energy to global warming.

It did not matter when the global climate refused to get hotter, we adroitly switched the bogeyman’s label to ‘Climate Change’ so that no matter what happened, we were right.

Our propaganda machine is so polished that we have convinced most people that we are working in the interests of the greater good.

With the media, academics, and my fellow politicians in lustful agreement, we cannot lose public popularity.

If we encounter a serious opponent – a particularly witty cartoonist, say – we can use the courts or Australian Human Rights Commission to persecute any dissenters.

All that is left is for you, the people, to accept that we are doing this for your own good.

Even when a few troublesome ministers work against our objectives, we always find ways to humble them.

After all, there is nothing like a hippy in a koala costume to scare your more querulous politician into voting against the common good.

Of all our achievements, the closure of the last coal-fired station in South Australia and the Hazelwood power station in Victoria makes us particularly proud.

What a win we had over the old conservatives!

Here we would be remiss not to thank our schools and educators, who have done so much to make sure children know what to think, not how to think.

As a reward for presiding over our kids dropping ever further down the international rankings for educational achievement, we have recently given our state schools billions of extra dollars.

The achievement-driven and reliable Catholic School system can obviously do with less.

Just a couple of decades ago you would have thought that our other goal of food-rationing was an impossibility.

Bugs? No one would even think of eating them while Australia remained a massive exporter of primary produce.

Today, our dreams of permanent shortages are approaching reality.

Australia has so many marine parks that nearly 70 per cent of seafood is imported despite being an island continent surrounded by water.

If anyone wonders why that should be the case, one of our tame, grant-lavished academics starts yelling that the Great Barrier Reef is almost dead.

This helps kill the overseas tourist trade as well.

Our marketing team has successfully promoted the idea that Australia’s future is one that flip-flops between flood and drought caused by ‘Climate Change’.

This should have been an easily exposed fiction in Dorothea Mackellar’s ‘land of droughts and flooding rains’, but the fiction that the dams would never fill again served our purpose well.

State governments squandered billions of dollars on useless, unnecessary, and now-mothballed desalination plants.

Our union mates loved that one.

Well done, bruvvers, for all that featherbedding and all those eight-figure cost overruns.

The aim of our governing class has always been to break the back of Australia by simultaneously using multiple strategies to attack the basis of culture, national pride, and unity.

These strategies are well advanced and I would love to show you how clever we elites are compared to you, but I will not give away too many secrets.

We took over Australia and you did not even notice until now when it is clearly too late.

We look smart and believe we are, but it was only possible because you were complacent.

On behalf of the governing class, thank you for your compliance.

Ron Pike – The Spectator Australia – 22 September 2022

73. Harry Wales has been to management classes (the Hun):

Prince Harry met with this father King Charles III earlier this year “to clear the air”, where he suggested a “mediator” to help mend the rift with the Royal Family, a new book about the royals claimed.

The Duke of Sussex’s mediator suggestion seemingly caught Queen Consort Camilla by surprise with her “spluttering into her tea”, according to an excerpt of The New Royals book by Katie Nicholl published in Vanity Fair.

A mediator. I’d go for that, as long as:

1. It is not Oprah; and
    2. It is Bobcat Goldthwaite.

74. 2. It is Bobcat Goldthwaite.

His absence during the recent fracas between Russia and Ukraine represents probably one of the greatest diplomatic blunders in recent memory.

Historians and scholars will be poring over this and it’s dire consequences for decades to come.

75. Harry Wales has been to management classes (the Hun):

Are they going to teach Hazza how to behave as a member of the Royal Family, and not be led by the dick by his wife?

76. Anyone watched , The World On Fire, on SBS. It’s actually okay, if you can stomach, these days, the requisite lez or gay scenes. It’s about the very beginnings of WW11 presenting different stories set in various European capitals.

77. Knuckle Draggersays:

September 22, 2022 at 10:47 pm

Harry Wales has been to management classes

Is anyone else a little concerned that a chap who held a position of command in a war zone needs a mediator to talk to his old man?

78. Timothy Neilson says:
    September 22, 2022 at 11:52 pm

JC,
    At your request I undertook not to email you again and I’m going to live up to that undertaking.

Sure, then post your apology here for sending me that email with the disturbing/abusive title.
    You’re going to have to learn boundaries and it won’t end until there’s an apology.

Thanks and really looking forward to it.

79. CCP Mentality:

Hire Western Expertise because it’s a Client requirement.

Ignore Western Expertise because it’s only a Client requirement.

Be really fucking surprised when it fucks up exactly the way your Western Expertise said it would.

Today’s surprise topics included:

Why using a chain block to pull pipework onto a pump flange fucks the pump.

Why you should not open an Ex motor to “check bearings” when it’s clear that the breaker popped because your electrician is not qualified to hook in a power point, let alone a VFD motor drive.

Why your pump supplier is bullshitting you when he says the source of that horrific noise is a problem with the $5 rubber bush in the coupling.

Topics for next week include:

Why demurrage charges are real and how your shipping company will sodomise you to the tune of $25k a day because you thought you could save $20 be reusing gaskets.

80. A man who believed the Queen was still alive has appeared in court, arrested after trying to grab the flag from Her Majesty’s coffin, according to reports.

Good on him.
    The timeline is way off.
    Queen swears Warren Truss in [in London], looks okay for a 105 year old, 3 hours later she’s dead in a remote part of Scotland surrounded by “her loving family”.
    Finding it hard to believe.

81. All the cartoons are on the grim side this morning Tom but then again that is where the world is . Nothing to laugh about. On the edge .who will make he first move?

82. rickw, can you say what region you’re working in?
    I know someone who worked in Gabon & ROC a million years ago & still makes us laugh retelling stories like that.
    Dealing with Chinese workers & the lengths the locals would go to steal diesel was worthy of it’s own tv show.

83. Bob Moran’s take was interesting.
    The Bear breaks outta it’s cage and heads for the forest.
    Ol’ Vlad reckons Bear should be heading straight into Ukraine’s
    [read NATO’s] artillery.
    Plenty more fresh meat left, eh, Vlado?

84. Been going on for decades, which means the Labour MP is either clueless or lying.

MP’s look of disbelief as Jacob Rees-Mogg claims ‘Putin funds anti-fracking campaigns’ (22 Sep)

Shocked Labour MP Cat Smith appeared stunned as Jacob Rees-Mogg told her some anti-fracking campaigns may have been funded by Vladimir Putin. The exchange came as Mr Rees-Mogg, who was recently appointed as Liz Truss’ Business Secretary, defended the decision to allow fracking to go ahead on the grounds of energy security.

Mr Rees-Mogg had been hauled before the Commons with two urgent questions from Labour to explain the Government’s new policies on reducing energy bills for businesses and issuing 100 new shale gas licences in places like Lancashire, Somerset and Sussex.

Nice that Moggy has actually said it. It was disappointing that he didn’t go for the PM pozzie, but maybe he thinks he can do better by gently steering Truss in the right direction. As for anti-fracking protesters and green groups being funded by overseas interests yes both China and Russia have been doing so for a long time, they’re not stupid and know that Western governments are. It’s a cheap investment with big returns.

85. rickw, overnight:

Hire Western Expertise because it’s a Client requirement.
    Ignore Western Expertise because it’s only a Client requirement.

There are goat rodeos all over the place that make anything this country does look like a well-oiled model of competence.

86. Waiting to see if Ali’s on the money. From a link put up yesterday evening:

That’s 10.07 p.m. ACST. When it hits, be sure to record the event and your reactions for your Instagram story.

87. Razeysays:

September 22, 2022 at 8:46 pm

It’s likely for most it didn’t involve a lot of lifestyle change. I’m not trying to diminish the significance but seriously get some perspective. It is nothing like being a in the French resistance or storming the Normandy breaches. All we did was not take the vax.
    The small splinter group that requires constant affirmation sound ridiculous.

88. Shocked Labour MP Cat Smith appeared stunned as Jacob Rees-Mogg told her some anti-fracking campaigns may have been funded by Vladimir Putin.

Putin is an evil guy.

Don’t forget it.

89. Sky and the Australian find ‘no evidence’ of a climate emergency – they weren’t looking hard enough

Maybe the Greens hid it under a rock somewhere so as not to scare people.
    /s

90. It’s likely for most it didn’t involve a lot of lifestyle change.

At the very least, the sacrifices involved were incredibly diverse.
    For a working age individual with young kids, the pressure was nigh on impossible.
    For a retired, financially comfortable individual…meh!

Vaccinated or unvaccinated is not the defining factor. Pro-mandate v anti-mandate is we’re the rubber meets the road.

BTW, the fight isn’t over. Governments might be rolling back the health orders, but public service departments and corporations are still busily developing and implementing stringent Covid vaccine employment policies, which are not designed to be temporary. The fight continues. Admire those who are still punching on, unvaccinated or otherwise.

91. get some perspective. It is nothing like being a in the French resistance or storming the Normandy breaches

It’s bigger than that.
    At least the people landing on Normandy still had their boats.

92. Custard.
    If the meteor/sunspot/whatever cataclysm doesn’t happen on schedule tonight, will you undertake to run a critical eye over some of the other stuff you have been reading on the web?

93. feelthebernsays:

September 23, 2022 at 7:30 am

It’s likely for most it didn’t involve a lot of lifestyle change.

Who said that?