2,022 thoughts on “Open Thread – Weekend 24 Sept 2022”

1. This priest decided to skip church one Sunday morning and go play golf. he told his assistant that he wasn’t feeling well. He drove to a golf course in another city, so nobody would know him. He teed off on the first hole. A huge gust of wind caught his ball, carried is an extra hundred yards and dropped it right in the hole, for a 450-yard hole in one. An angel looked at God and said “What’d you do that for?” God smiled and said “Who’s he going to tell?”

2. A soldier ran up to a nun.

Out of breath he asked “Please, may I hide under your skirt, I’ll explain later”.

The nun agreed.

A moment later two military police ran up and asked “Sister, have you seen a soldier?” The nun replied “He went that way”.

After the military police ran off, the soldier crawled out from under her skirt and said “I can’t thank you enough Sister. You see, I don’t want to go to the Ukraine”. The nun said “I understand completely”.

The soldier added “I hope I’m not rude, but you have a great pair of legs!” The nun replied “If you had looked a little higher, you would’ve seen a great pair of balls. I don’t want to go to the Ukraine either!”

3. “duncanmsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 2:16 pm
    But but.. Kelly says she loves being interrupted and “keeping her finger on the pulse”

Why was she out of touch till 8:30am?

Shades of Christine Nixon and Catherine Burn. But it’ll be okay, the sisterhood always gets a free pass.

4. Dr Faustus says:
    September 26, 2022 at 12:23 pm
    Indigenous Australians Minister Linda Burney said on Sunday that enshrining a Voice to Parliament in the constitution would have a tangible impact on the lives of Indigenous people. But with some raising concerns around a two-tier system, she said the Voice would not be consulted on every piece of legislation before the federal parliament.

Why?
    Well, because that’s exactly what Albanese’s form of words for the proposed amendment allows. There is a vanishingly small chance that the GreenLeft-inspired activist wing of the Aboriginal industry would be satisfied with The Voice being limited to giving advice on cultural business.

Indeed. I would have thought that every piece of legislation passed at a federal level would affect indigenous people, to a greater or lesser extent, just as every piece of legislation impacts every one of us, to a greater or lesser extent. And there is no way it will be confined to cultural aspects. Classic slippery slope trap.

5. JCsays:

September 26, 2022 at 2:16 pm

Diogenes, is that true. If it is it’s hilarious.

What mental asylum.

How terrible if true if the wives are squabbling and the two doofues don’t intervene to shut them up? FMD.

There was a gossip column piece a while back that there were rifts in the Awesome Foursome.
    I thought it was hinting at someone digging a hole under the fence.
    They are so gay.
    They wouldn’t care if someone was doing the wife … just don’t poach my interior designer.

6. New Catallaxy
    @New_Catallaxy
    Pitch perfect.
    Quote Tweet
    Greg Price
    @greg_price11
    1h
    This is Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni.

I’ve never heard any politician so perfectly explain what we’re up against and why we fight.

When you watch this video, you’ll quickly realize why the establishment is afraid of her.

Let’s hope the promise bears fruit.

7. dover0beachsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 3:36 pm
    New Catallaxy
    @New_Catallaxy
    Pitch perfect.
    Quote Tweet
    Greg Price
    @greg_price11
    1h
    This is Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni.

Let’s hope the promise bears fruit.

If it’s anything like Scummo’s performance, Italy will move further to the left.

8. This has been typical of industry for the last 30 years. Because gender. Fast tracked to a spectacularly destructive finale.

Your not wrong. My mates … white in their 50s. Might as well not show up.

9. Diogenessays:

September 26, 2022 at 2:27 pm

Diogenes, is that true. If it is it’s hilarious.

I believe Mrs Ds relative. They may have made up since.

If one of them has poached the best piece of Calacatta marble to come out of the Carrara quarry from under the nose of the other, there is no coming back from that.
    It is Duelling Thread stuff.

10. Lead up to the US mid-term elections.

Operation Demoralize

“The media swarms and lies. Tells you it’s over, wants you to give up. Happens every single time.” Don’t fall for it.

Operation Demoralize Has Failed

The ABC/WaPo poll released today is particularly gruesome for Democrats. Biden’s “red” speech also was a wake up call and motivator. Maybe the only success of the speech was to awaken sleeping Republican voters.

The recent “likely voter” as opposed to “registered voter” generic ballot polling points to a strong Republican lead in a measure that has a history of predicting overall control of congress

You know what they say about polls. But the commentary rings true.

11. H B Bear says:
    September 26, 2022 at 3:37 pm
    Your not wrong. My mates … white in their 50s. Might as well not show up.

I said to someone only a few days ago that I am discriminated against on almost a daily basis. I am routinely subjected to ageism, racism and sexism. Worse, the MSM created a virtual meme and assorted radio, TV and social media ‘personalities’ poke fun without any outcry at the blatancy of it.

What am I? An older fair skinned male aka ‘old white bloke’.

12. Your not wrong. My mates … white in their 50s. Might as well not show up.

I am semi-retired and just doing a bit of work here and there, so not directly impacted.
    But, yes, I would hate to be needing to get a job to keep a roof over the head without being able to put Vag on the CV.

13. Speedboxsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 3:49 pm
    H B Bear says:
    September 26, 2022 at 3:37 pm
    Your not wrong. My mates … white in their 50s. Might as well not show up.

What am I? An older fair skinned male aka ‘old white bloke’.

14. A Muslim immigrant kid asks his mother “Mama, what’s a Democracy and what is Racism?” “Well, son, Democracy is when Australian tax payers work every day so we can get all our benefits, you know like free housing, free healthcare, more welfare payments than pensioners get, and on and on, you know, that’s Democracy”. “But Mama, don’t the tax payers, and pensioners get pissed off about that?” “Sure they do, and that’s called Racism!”

15. Time to move to the Philippines. At least our pension is worth something to the young ladies there.

Oh dear.
    Oh deary, deary me.
    …..
    Hi, Prince Andrew!

16. Be careful what you wish for. My old man used to tell the story how he pulled a metal skewer out of some miners’ chest. He married an Asian lady but obviously it wasn’t working out as planned.

17. Dr Faustus at 11.47:

Exceptional takedown of the Expothe.

An entirely appropriate analysis and destruction of the ‘but it has a link and numbers in it’ argument.

18. Cassie of Sydneysays:
    September 26, 2022 at 4:09 pm
    “Time to move to the Philippines. At least our pension is worth something to the young ladies there.”

I thought you were moving to Japan?

If I was of pensionable age, the Philippines looks great.

19. Razey says:
    September 26, 2022 at 3:53 pm
    At least our pension is worth something to the young ladies there.

I’m still working but even so, I suspect Mrs Speedbox may have a strongly held opinion on that subject.

20. You throw it back at them and you render them speechless. I feel good now, really good. My day has improved.

Ha! I read that to the Beloved. He gives you many…many upticks.

COFA will be buzzing with tales of victimisation and lack of safe spaces off campus. Perhaps you’ll feature in an interactive artwork.

21. I’ve read a little on the “Al Jizz- ira” site about the new Italian government’s policies.

The one policy they have relating to the debt is that the new government wants to access an EU lending program.

Economy and social

The programme says Italy should make full use of the almost 200 billion euros ($193 billion) it has been allotted under the EU’s recovery plan in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

They share a currency within the EU and the nation’s debt is approaching 135% of GDP. They have one of the oldest populations in Europe and the economy along with per capita GDP hasn’t risen in 25 years. Debt has grown though and they want to borrow more by accessing the EU allotment.

Rising yields increase the cost of servicing Italy’s debt. That debt pile rose to a record 2.759 trillion euros in April, according to the Bank of Italy. Italy remains a very wealthy country – household net financial wealth is an estimated 10 trillion euros – but the problem is refinancing risks as debt comes due.

22. Can I just make one single comment. They’re fucked and they actually take Europe and the rest of the world down – into a tailspin- due to their almost 3 trillion Euro debt position.

Yes, dear lord yes.

23. Hearing about the euro-weenies collapsing gives me a hard on.

LOl..

There is an alternative, though Bern. The Germans could allow the Euro to fry and thereby allow Italy to get off the hook with a currency devaluation they will all share. In other words turn the entire EU into Italy. But I can’t see the Germans buying into this as it makes their own position worse with the energy issue regarding the cost.

I can’t see a way out of the quagmire. I think we’re just rooted.

24. What a bloody day on the ASX. Down 102.1 points (1.50%). Nasty follow-on from last week’s declines.

And today it was my turn. Had skimmed across the top of the other declines with winners and losers but was totally savaged today. Down 5.56%.

On the plus side, I did pick up some bargains. (Yes, I know about not trying to catch a falling knife).

25. He married an Asian lady but obviously it wasn’t working out as planned.

In many cases(not all) of marrying Asian lasses, you marry her and you may also marry the village. Certainly the extended family. Not to say there aren’t many advantages, just be prepared.

26. Indigenous Australians Minister Linda Burney said on Sunday that enshrining a Voice to Parliament in the constitution would have a tangible impact on the lives of Indigenous people.

I don’t suppose anyone thought to ask “What? And how?”

27. feelthebern says:
    September 26, 2022 at 4:32 pm

Does the average Italian care about what’s going on?
    As long as they can drink their espresso & smoke a cigarillo for breakfast, they’re happy.

Soon, they not may be able to afford that even.

28. No idea. That comment was related to that video and general direction it indicates the people want to travel.

Perhaps, but they’re just deer in headlights coming their way. I’m very pessimistic about this bint as I suspect she had no freaking idea what to do.

29. It started with the push to get mums into the workforce, which the Liberal Party was fully on board with.

Little bloke cruised through 2 years of COVID crap thanks to mum, well ahead of where he needs to be. Some of his poor little classmates effectively had two years off, working mums, who knows if they will recover, not only two years missed, but many bad habits now entrenched.

To be fair to teachers, aside from the fact that most are communist Mongs, you’re pushing it up hill if 90% of the class turns up without basic discipline and etiquette.

We need to block the little blokes ears during parent teacher night. From his an elderly teacher, sounds like he’s a long missed blast from the 1950’s.

30. Sheer idiocy:

Acting Prime Minister Richard Marles has pointed to renewable energy as key to achieving reductions in electricity bills, after being grilled by the Coalition about when Labor will deliver on its promise to cut bills by $275.

Mr Marles said the number one priority for his government was reducing cost of living pressure.

“One of the real differences now, compared to when I first entered parliament in 2007, is that cheap energy in this country is renewable energy,” he said.

“The way in which we get energy prices down is improving our energy grid and having policy certainty, which allows people to invest in the renewable energy and have that renewable energy be able to be received by the grid.

“The problem is we have a lost decade when it comes to energy policy.”

Deputy Opposition Leader Sussan Ley sought to table a document detailing Labor’s Powering Australia policy, which detailed the $275 cut to electricity bills by 2025.

Labor did not grant leave for the tabling of the document, which is publicly available online.

Oz

31. The Albanese Government is an even bigger joke than the Truss Government.
    No way Voice can get up in a legit Vote, so either the Fix is in, or they’re planning on calling an early Election after the Referendum goes down, in hopes of getting a sympathy vote.
    I’d say that’s not a bad plan, and you know what?
    Murdoch will be right on board with it.

32. Indigenous Australians Minister Linda Burney said on Sunday that enshrining a Voice to Parliament in the constitution would have a tangible impact on the lives of Indigenous people.

Current poll @ mail online .. this’ll make Linda happy .. LOL

Will you vote for an Indigenous Voice to Parliament?
    9 votes
    91%
    126 votes
    I don’t know yet
    4 votes

33. Nasty follow-on from last week’s declines.

And it’s going down further. In this market , the correlation is 1.0 with the S&P. Until there is statistical evidence inflation, core CPE etc has topped AND very clear indications the Fed accepts that evidence AND subsequently communicates plausible intent to refrain from throwing hiking hand grenades I can’t see sentiment altering the index trajectory.

But gosh, when it does bottom out there will be some real pickings. Albeit in a different environment than we’ve see these last 2 decades I think.

34. Elsewhere, Cats may have caught up on the news that Optus may be in for more hurt.

A class-action lawsuit could be filed against Optus on behalf of former and current customers by Slater and Gordon after a major hack caused the details of up to 9.8 million customers to be compromised.

The law firm was “assessing possible legal options for affected customers,” class actions senior associate Ben Zocco said despite Optus not yet confirming the circumstances that led to the breach.

“This is potentially the most serious privacy breach in Australian history, both in terms of the number of affected people and the nature of the information disclosed,” Mr Zocco said in a statement.

35. It started with the push to get mums into the workforce, which the Liberal Party was fully on board with.

Yeah, because it’s a Liberal Party, the clue is in the name.
    If you want a Conservative Party, start one up yourself.

36. Off to the Dales today.

In other news, I picked up a headcold in the Zagreb laundromat. Idiotically sitting in a draught while watching the washing twirl around. Not Covid. It still eludes me.

37. Those nice people at S&G can sniff out monster fee income potential at 1000 metres.

Have their shares recovered? Got a fair bit of catching up to do. Most of their equity was transferred to the Poms who saw them coming. Beware solicitors WIP.

38. Some of his poor little classmates effectively had two years off, working mums, who knows if they will recover, not only two years missed, but many bad habits now entrenched.

I read in a union newsletter that some Mongistan schools got behavioural consultants in to assess their year 10 students. The first comment on many assessments was words to the effect of ” gosh your year 8s are big and immature”, referring to the year 10s.

Last year at my old school, when school came back after 2 terms in lockdown, no subject based teaching except for years 11&22 for 4 weeks while they had to teach “how to school”, ie attendance, uniforms, general behaviour, bringing the necessities etc. I would hate to what they would be like after 2 years.

39. Makka says:
    September 26, 2022 at 4:42 pm

Oops. ASX down 121.2 (1.79%). But yes, you probably remember Feb/March 2020 when the covid thing initially scared the market witless – but weren’t there some bargains to be had. BHP @ $22; RIO @ $79; WES @ $30; ANZ @ $14, CBA @ $55!! just to name a few. I remember thinking “back up the truck, I’ll take as many as you’ve got”. Of course there were limits (I’m not Clive) but jeez it was a good opportunity.

40. A kung fu student asks “Master, why does my ability not improve? I’m always defeated”. And the master, pensive and forever patient, answers “My dear pupil, have you seen the gulls flying by the setting sun, and their wings seeming like flames?” “Yes, my master, I have”. “And a waterfall, spilling mightily over the stones without taking anything out of its proper place?” “Yes, my master, I have witnessed it”. “And the moon, when it touches the calm water to reflect all its enormous beauty?” “Yes, my master, I have also seen this marvellous phenomenon”. “That is the problem. You keep watching all this shit instead of training”.

41. Actor, activist and revered Aboriginal elder Uncle Jack Charles will be given a state funeral, the Victorian government has confirmed.

At the current rate of state funerals, munty is shoe in for one: Actor, activist, golfer, troll and doughnut connoisseur, Munty will be give a state funeral after choking on a jam doughnut….. no breathing hole.

42. JCsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 4:33 pm
    Why are men happier than sheilas?

This is a great meme.

Young fellas hanging out with mates, being stupid, taking risks, having fun and acting like the larrikins that young fellas have always been. And best of all, they totally piss of the nannies and karens who would have them behave like debutantes.

Growing up with three older, adoring brothers, I was privy to much larrikinism: lighting farts, the weekly hike to The Bug-house for shenanigans, handing empty milkshake cartons to pedestrians during the Rundle Mall Cruise, the extras in the car boot at the drive in and our favourite… well, it’s hard to go past lighting farts.

No booze involved. No harm to anyone… oh, except for one guy who got a walloping from his mum for setting his pants on fire.

Just young men having fun with their mates. May it always continue.

43. My observations of village people-
    Greeks: lazy and entitled, lots of effort into lobbying for subsidies and special representation
    Italians: hedonistic- which is different from lazy- and loyal, saw all levels of government and regulation as being “on the take” and so worked to sidestep it and form interpersonal alliances.
    Also big diff between wogs and dings, huge cash culture in Italy. V low levels of household debt, v large wads of cash in bikkie tins and under mattresses. I think it would help the average eyetie in thinking, austerity measures won’t really hurt this house, so let’s get Thatcherite after all

44. Waly

Don’t over-egg the omelette with rotten eggs.

In this clip, Georgie reckons..

WTF?

Georgie isn’t Thatcher, Champ.

If you have difficulty with the language, read the subtitles as I can assure you they’re pretty accurate.

45. The preacher walked out to the church parking lot where he saw a group of boys surrounding a dog.

Concerned the boys were hurting the dog, he went over and asked “What are you doing with that dog?” One of the boys replied “This dog is just an old neighbourhood stray. We all want him, but only one of us can take him home. So we’ve decided that whichever one of us can tell the biggest lie will get to keep the dog”.

Of course, the preacher was taken aback. “You boys shouldn’t be having a contest telling lies!” he exclaimed.

He then launched into a ten-minute sermon against lying, beginning “Don’t you boys know it’s a sin to lie” and ending with “Why, when I was your age, I never told a lie”.

There was dead silence for about a minute.

Just as the preacher was beginning to think he’d gotten through to them, the smallest boy gave a deep sigh and said “All right, give him the dog”.

46. Labor vows to clear veterans’ case backlog by end of next year

Ben Packham
    FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND DEFENCE CORRESPONDENT
    @bennpackham
    2 hours ago September 26, 2022
    2 Comments

The Albanese government has agreed to sweeping changes to the veterans’ compensation system to tackle soaring suicide rates by former ADF personnel, vowing to simplify claims and rehabilitation processes and clear a 62,000 case backlog by the end of next year.

In its response to the interim report of the Defence and Veteran Suicide Royal Commission, the government has also granted new protections to ADF members and veterans to give evidence to the royal commission without breaching secrecy laws, and will force Defence and Veterans Affairs to provide more information to bereaved families.

Veterans’ Affairs Minister Matt Keogh apologised on behalf of the government to veterans and their families, saying there was no doubt the system had caused distress and led many veterans to commit suicide.

“It is devastating that Australia has lost more serving and former serving personnel to suicide over the last 20 years than through operations over the same period in Afghanistan and Iraq,” Mr Keogh told parliament.

“It is a great tragedy that the Australian government, successive Australian governments, have failed those who have served our nation.

“Governments have also failed the families of those people, families who have carried a heavy burden of their own through the pain and suffering they have experienced.”

He committed the government to the “simplification and harmonisation” of the veterans compensation and rehabilitation system, with extra funding to be considered “in the context of budget processes and fiscal constraints”.

Mr Keogh said too many veterans were waiting too long for their claims to be processed, and recruiting was already underway for 500 extra Department of Veterans Affairs’ staff promised by Labor before the election.

In its interim report, the royal commission called for urgent protections for serving and former ADF members who were being prevented from coming forward with information to the inquiry because of legal impediments to providing classified information, or sensitive personal details.

Mr Keogh said the government would legislate to provide broad protections for those providing information to royal commissions, and ensure those seeking to provide information to the veterans’ suicide inquiry could do so without breaching secrecy requirements in the Criminal Code.

He said communication by Defence and DVA with the families of those who suicided “left a lot to be desired”, vowing greater transparency.

“This has been raised by many families in their evidence to the royal commission,” Mr Keogh said.

“We must improve how Defence and DVA communicate with veterans and families, including in facilitating access to information about their loved ones.”

Mr Keogh said the government was committed to preventing veterans’ suiciding, but he emphasised not all veterans were “broken”.

“For the most part, veterans have equal or higher education than the general population, ex-serving personnel generally have higher weekly personal incomes, and are more likely to be employed,” he said.

“However, it is also the case that many veterans find the process of leaving the ADF and reintegrating into civilian society to be a significant and challenging life event, particularly for those who don’t make that transition by choice.

“While the transition process is improving, we must continue to work to improve understanding and knowledge of the process so people better understand what to expect and what is available for them when leaving the ADF.”

47. The bit about consumerism from the Italian lass is interesting. Rather the sort of thing you would have read in Green Left Weekly not that long ago.

The conflation of anti-capitalism and herrenvolk populism is a bit of a con, though. Will this new government do anything through policy to attack consumerism? Or are they just empty words, and they will focus on upper class tax cuts like every other right wing party.

48. Labor won’t do anything except handwringing and blaming the Morrison Government.
    No 1 reason?
    There’s no votes in it, Diggers in general don’t vote Labor, never have, never will.
    Officers, yeah, they vote Labor like their lives depended on it, but I suspect there’s no Claims backlog there.

49. She’s a woman, a catholic, mother and an Italian woman. She reckons she not some anonymous identity at the mercy of financial speculators.

WTF?

It always comes back to the Protocols.

50. The bit about consumerism from the Italian lass is interesting. Rather the sort of thing you would have read in Green Left Weekly not that long ago.

Suit you, Fatboy. You vote greens afterall, so what’s not to like.

51. Did Pauline Hanson reflect your opinion when she told Mehreen Faruqi to ‘piss off back to Pakistan’?
    Monday, 26 September 2022

Michael Smith News. The Greens are moving a censure motion in the Senate. I want to know when the Senate will be censuring Lydia Thorpe.

52. It always comes back to the Protocols.

How original. Left, right and centre, the MSM is pasting them as Far Right and Fascist, so you need to get to the Protocols, right? You big fat tub of lard.

53. Ed Casesays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:19 pm
    That’s your problem, Razey, but here’s a guess:
    If you don’t own a house, it wouldn’t matter if you could prove it.

It’s a CIA honey pot.

54. m0ntysays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:17 pm

WTF?

It always comes back to the Protocols.

It’s time you dropped your obsession with the Jews. It might come as a shock to you, but not every financier is a Jew. Nor is every banker.

Your anti-Semitism is reaching grotesque levels.

55. I always remember various small retailers I chatted to in Rome and Venice telling me how various government imposts took 75% of their income, hence cash was king.
    Monty are you an expert on where the Italian tax burden falls as well as everything else in your expert portfolio?

56. m0ntysays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:26 pm
    When a politician attacks unnamed financial speculators for oppressing the white working man, it’s always a racist dog whistle.

If you can hear the “dog whistle”, m0nty-fa, then you are the dog.

57. m0nty says:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Really? So demonrats attacking Wall Street means they’re really attacking Jews? Okay.

58. another state funeral, this time for a former herion addict who claimed burglaries where rightful ‘reparations’.

I note the article notes that they have used his name and reproduced his image with permission from the family.

Frankly I think those prohibitions are just humbug. An attempt to hint at a spiritualism at once exotic and immanent to which we must be at pains to treat with reverence – a reverence the ABC and their fellow travellers would ever dream of extending to Christianity.

Anyway, main thing is this: The state funeral will use his name frequently. It will talk specifically about him and describe his acts in nauseating unctuous detail. I will bet there will be plenty of images of him, and his name will be put on a plaque and displayed prominently.

Does it sound like there is a profound religious objection to his name or image being reproduced?

59. Ed Case says:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:33 pm

When was the last time Democrats attacked Wall Street?
    During the FDR Administration?

Okay, that’s it. Get over to the dueling thread, you need a really good clip over the ears. Go on, go!

60. Ed Casesays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:33 pm
    When was the last time Democrats attacked Wall Street?
    During the FDR Administration?

Clearly, you missed m0nty-fa’s eloquent discourse this morning, on the links between business and the Republicans. In m0nty-fa world, the DemonRats are the party of the people. Wall Street is their sworn enemy.

((Might contain elements of sarcasm.))

61. Frankly I think those prohibitions are just humbug.

A few years ago, there was a proposal for a public screening of a film made in an Aboriginal community in the 1930’s, in that community.

Someone raised the issue of the ban on showing the images of the dead.

62. The Italian bird was the only opposition to the previous case consensus government. She gets a go now simply because she was last in the queue. She gets one shot to solve all of Italy’s problems. She will fail, like they all did.

The easiest thing to remember about Italian politics is not to get too invested in a particular government, because a new one will be along soon.

63. Pony Girl says pony up or else!
    A punitive property tax nobody has ever heard of is mooted.
    Labor’s talent for picking pockets is pretty much all they have.

64. The elders were dismissive. “Not worried about that. Be good to see the faces of the old people, and hear their voices again.”

They didn’t have portraiture or photography, so they would have had no reason to have religious scruples regarding them.

65. The nerve of those Italians!
    The media collective is up in arms that Italians might elect a conservative government, even if it’s fated to only last as long as most Italian governments, which is not long at all.
    As usual, being at all right of centre is characterised as equivalent to Mussolini, or worse.

66. rosie says:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Meloni sounds like that female French politician, at heart another anti immigration big government ‘workers party’.

If your young are leaving or have left in droves, your fertility rate is the lowest in Europe (1.3) … okay you don’t want immigrants , the debt is sky high and the old folk need services. where the fuck is the economy heading.

67. Anchor Whatsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:53 pm
    The nerve of those Italians!

But the gnashing of leftard teeth is hilarious.

68. JCsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:56 pm
    rosie says:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Just dump the oldies in the forest like we did in the olden days.

69. Razeysays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:48 pm

DEBATE: Did Our Health Authorities Actually Take COVID shots?

I bet any money most of them didn’t. I’ll throw elite sportsmen in as well. No way did they take the poisonous clot shots.

Throw in politicians as well. Local, State and Federal, The experimental concoction was for the ‘little people’ only.

70. Victoria is a fascist shithole: change my mind.

Victoria Police fine man for riding motorised esky on dirt track at Lake Eildon (26 Sep)

Victoria Police spotted the 20-year-old man from Diamond Creek driving through a dirt track off Walshs Road in the picturesque holiday spot of Lake Eildon.

He was issued with a $925 infringement notice by officers and sent on his way.

A fine of $925 for that? You have got to be frigging kidding.
    Forgive my Queen’s English please. This is insane.

71. Bruce of Newcastlesays:
    September 26, 2022 at 7:00 pm
    Victoria is a fascist shithole: change my mind.

He was issued with a $925 infringement notice by officers and sent on his way.

A fine of $925 for that? You have got to be frigging kidding.
    Forgive my Queen’s English please. This is insane.

Fun is banned in the Hunchback’s Sicktoira.

72. There’s a very amusing attitude that begun to show up on this blog.

I post a comment, but don’t whatever you do disagree with me, or show me up in some way. It maybe a blog where my comments are vulnerable to criticism but not mine. You hear!

73. JMHsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:59 pm
    Razeysays:
    September 26, 2022 at 6:48 pm

DEBATE: Did Our Health Authorities Actually Take COVID shots?

74. Nahh, Local politicians are the Alpha Sheep(TM). They were clot shotted for sure.

LOL – I hope so. Our local Council could do with a heap of those sort of untimely ‘retirements’!

75. Bolta fuming about gutless conservatives. Apparently, a majority in every state approves rub and tug’s voice plan. I now identify as a proud dickasuckadicka man and my pronouns are fuck and whitey.

76. JMHsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 7:12 pm

You mean climate change induced heart attacks? haha

77. Apparently, a majority in every state approves rub and tug’s voice plan.

They have to run with the fallacy in order to save face. We just have to get used to it and counter wherever possible.

78. cohenitesays:
    September 26, 2022 at 7:13 pm

If the Abo’s can get a voice to parliament, then every race should get one too.
    Fairs fair.

79. Women’s group agitates for trans inmate to be moved from female jail

Exclusive
    Angelica Snowden
    9:43AM September 26, 2022

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission has agreed to meet Corrections Victoria next month amid concerns raised by independent think-tank Women’s Forum chief executive Rachael Wong that the prisoner is currently at the Dame Phyllis Frost Correctional Centre in Victoria’s west.

The latest development came after reports female prisoners at the jail complained the inmate who committed sex offences against females while a man has been moved to the female centre.

The Herald Sun previously reported inmates are concerned the inmate has a “working” penis and a history of violent sexual assault against a woman and a girl. As well, prisoners have been the victims of sexual assault.

Ms Wong, who has been campaigning for the prisoner to be moved, said she hoped the meeting will lead to the removal of the transgender inmate

80. Bolta fuming about gutless conservatives. Apparently, a majority in every state approves rub and tug’s voice plan.

Bolt cites a Fake Poll, then attacks the Liberal Party from the Right.
    Is anyone still buying this brand of bullshit?

81. Basically what we are doing in Aus is introducing a cast system

The Labor Party, who were fervent champions of the White Australia Policy, are now the fervent champions of the Unwhite Australia Policy.

82. Well, I was going to post something about some stupid woman at Darebin Council in Mongyang wanting a National Indig Day, but I was internal server errored.

I was going to say it should be called ‘$33 Billion Day.’

That’s twice today. Big Tech have clearly worked out I am a subversive and must be stopped.

Hmm. That’s strange. Either my ceiling fan just sped up or some helicopters just got really close.

83. Well well well. Right now there are people in boardroom across the country throwing their hands in the air saying ‘Nobody could have foreseen this’, and ‘How could this have happened?’

The Tele:

Speaking at an awards ceremony in Canberra, the head of the Police Federation of Australia, Ian Leavers, said a planned jobs summit would be held before the end of the year.

“Every state and territory in Australia and New Zealand is currently well behind in their projected recruitment figures and we are rapidly heading towards a crisis point where the number of police on the frontline may not meet basic community safety demands,” he said.

The Telegraph revealed on Wednesday NSW Police numbers were in danger of going backwards with record resignations and falling recruitment numbers.

In previous years there was a waiting list of more than 2000 aspiring officers but numbers have fallen so dramatically a graduation class at the NSW Police Academy was cancelled this year.

I’ll tell you how it happened, you cocks. You have every police force in the country morphing into a woke policy – not legislation, policy – enforcement outfit acting on whimsical orders from unelected charlatans, and going hammer and tongs after the public instead of the crooks they’re supposed to be locking up.

Stop fucking complaining that nobody wants the job any more.

84. I linked this Roundtable earlier this evening before I fully listened to it and, my goodness, do I understand now why they ripped it straight down. I’m surprised they managed to finish the livestream before it was deleted. Unfortunately, Dr. McCullough has a sore throat and cough but he still does manage to get the information out. This is the unvarnished truth from someone who really does know what he’s talking about.

85. Comment on Unz Review:

The zodiacal houses used by Chani and 99+% of Western astrologers do not correspond to the actual constellations that you see when you look up in the sky. Rather, they correspond to the constellations as they were at the birth of Christ, before a couple of millennia of equinoctial precession moved them to where they are now.

86. Knuckle Draggersays:
    September 26, 2022 at 7:48 pm

I teach my kids the cops are pig nazi’s and cant be trusted, citing the brutality the Hunchback’s goons dished out to Victorians. Plenty of material online for this purpose.

87. H B Bearsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 8:04 pm
    … with a “working” penis

Wouldn’t want to draw the short straw at admission time on that one.

Transphobes. Women can have working penises.

88. Police from around Australia will meet to try address the recruitment crisis hitting forces across the country and to stop states from poaching cops from each other.

Australians don’t want to join the Gestapo / Stasi even though they’ve done their best to come up with flashy black uniforms and lots of shiny toys. Good to know!

89. Bolta fuming about gutless conservatives. Apparently, a majority in every state approves rub and tug’s voice plan.

90. Be interesting to see if The Age and the Socialist Morning Herald and so on show a huge groundswell of support. The Oz, Herald-Sun, and Daily Tele show the precise opposite.

– from TE.

The bullshit levels on alleged “public support” are at eleventy.

Expect more of the same. Herr Goebbels would be so proud.

91. A women’s group is pushing for Victorian authorities to intervene and move a trans prisoner convicted of sex offences and with a “working” penis out of a Melbourne based female prison.

One of the great ironies is that only members of the left who have stiff dicks are guys pretending to be sheilas.

92. Be interesting to see if The Age and the Socialist Morning Herald and so on show a huge groundswell of support. The Oz, Herald-Sun, and Daily Tele show the precise opposite.

It’s going to be most amusing if the “Voice” does get up, and all the fair skinned, blond haired, blue eyed “Aborigines” are lining up to claim their “reparations.”

93. Earlier, I mentioned the Atlassian suck piece in the Oz. Here it is for a laugh and some funny comments.

Software giant Atlassian working with Droga5 on major global campaign

Atlassian is set to launch a major global advertising campaign as it attempts to turbocharge a five-fold increase in sales to become a $US10bn revenue business.

This will be the first global campaign to hero the parent Atlassian brand, in a departure from its existing model to promote individual products.

Working with Droga5 in New York, the $US37bn ($55bn) software company by market capitalisation will launch its campaign digitally at first, before expanding into other mediums.

Robert Chatwani, Atlassian’s San Francisco-based chief marketing officer, said while the firm had achieved exponential growth since starting 20 years ago, and now served 83 per cent of the Fortune 500 and the majority of the global 2000, this new campaign would build broader awareness of what the brand could do, particularly as major customers grappled with the digital transformation that had accelerated since Covid.

“We’re fortunate to have such a strong footprint among these large global enterprises, but many of them are going through massive digital transformation,” Mr Chatwani said on the sidelines of the HubSpot Inbound 2022 conference in Boston.

From its beginnings in 2002 with a tool to assist developers identify bugs in code, Atlassian has increasingly moved via acquisition to offer products for all types of knowledge workers to collaborate in a digital environment. The acquisition of productivity tracker Trello in 2017 for $US425m turbocharged Atlassian’s strategy to become a platform provider, able to offer a holistic suite of solutions. That has informed a shift in marketing strategy to make the brand more recognisable to key executive decision-makers.

“Our products are typically used for mission critical workflows, (such as) how engineering teams ship products, or how marketing teams build campaigns. Very often we will have hundreds, if not thousands of end users in a company, before it even grabs the attention of the C suite.

“So a lot of time in our enterprise sales is building an understanding and awareness of how our products are being used by these companies and guiding CIOs, CTOs, CEOs on how to better take advantage of that,” Mr Chatwani said.

“What we find is that the dialogue becomes much more strategic when we have a unified brand promise that customers can understand. And it’s even more important at the enterprise level.”

Mr Chatwani said the campaign would highlight Atlassian’s mission of promoting teamwork, specifically the concept that most of the world‘s innovation is not the result of sole genius, but as a result of teams coming together. The core creative inspiration is drawn from the company’s Australian roots.

New & improved business newsletter. Get the edge with AM and PM briefings, plus breaking news alerts in your inbox.

“One of the elements of our brand voice is practical with a wink. You should expect to see some combination of a little bit of humour and levity in that advertising,” he said.

True to its roots as a data-led organisation, Atlassian has brought Droga5 into the company to work with internal experts on the campaign creative. Mr Chatwani said it had deliberately built a diverse marketing unit, where data scientists interact with motion graphics artists, illustrators and designers across virtual teams.

“Some of the best creative ideas have come from what we call internal design spikes, where the creative team, the brand team, communications team, and maybe even somebody from product marketing, or the product team will work together with our agency,” he explained.

“It doesn’t matter where the idea came from, what matters is do we create an environment where great ideas can come to life? And what we find is a deep partnership with our agencies tends to get us to the best results.”

The company will apply a test-and-learn approach to its advertising launch, focusing its efforts first on the US market, then Australia, then in select markets across Europe. Its ambition is to greatly build the company’s user base.

“We have over 200,000 customers but we know globally there are a billion knowledge workers who could use our products. We’re spending a lot of time going to markets where we previously didn’t have a big footprint … so (we need to) build brand awareness internationally,” Mr Chatwani said.

Atlassian, which booked annual revenue of $US2.01bn for the year to June 30, spends around 15 per cent of its revenue on sales and marketing, about half of what a similar company would spend on promotion, according to Mr Chatwani. He puts that sales efficiency down to what marketers dub the “flywheel effect”, where the process of finding, engaging and delighting a customer is optimised at each stage using data.

It’s a model that is increasingly being adopted by firms looking to use their internal customer data to improve the value of their marketing spend. According to Rob Giglio, chief customer officer at customer relationship management software company HubSpot, better technology and more digital interaction has made that process easier, and more critical, in the past five years. Metrics like Net Promoter Score, which were important but crude indicators of the customer experience, are giving way to deep insights at each stage of the customer journey.

Mr Giglio, who previously worked at mass market consumer brands like The Gap and Williams Sonoma before switching to companies like Adobe and Docusign, said the best companies were increasingly investing in ways to harvest that key data, and were entering into something of a space race to win at it.

“As soon as you have a volume of interactions, or a volume of users, or a volume of customers, you can’t rely on human awareness to find the opportunities, you have to see anomalies in the data. Pretty much the only way to make that happen is automation.” Mr Giglio said.

Below is a sampling of the hilarious comments received

Rosemary McF

As with countless others I have heard the name Atlassian but really have no idea as to what they do or how any of it benefits me or any other Australian.
    NannyState

Personally I hope they fail – too much woke at the top for me.
    Peter

I’ve read this article and still can’t work out what it is they actually do.

kim

What – no green energy con jobs and nation destroying ideas then??

Peter1949

Is this similar to Inferior VHS out promoting superior Beta. Is Atlassian doing well due to their woke extremism.

hortangryman

Seriously, can someone tell me what they do or what they actually sell?

Stephen

well they have never posted a profit. so i guess the more they make the more they lose , yet the fools keep pouring money in .
    i have a small business that has posted a profit for the last 36 years
    would be very happy to let it go cheap at $55 Billion after all it does make a profit

evan

What do they sell? Apart from a lot of words.

Herp

For all of Atlassian’s hype and Concannon Brooke’s self promotion I don’t recall actually using its products. I keep thinking of all the other latest greatest things from Eron onwards that all ended up going one way
    Andrew

House of cards with rising interest rates
    james

Don’t trust him. He is a great mate of Albo’s. I always thought money with discretion was a humbling experience. Unfortunately, in this case it doesn’t work.
    Robert

Great but does it make a profit?

There were in the trove of comments. People seem to really freaking hate those two dickheads.

94. Bolt cites a Fake Poll, then attacks the Liberal Party from the Right.
    Is anyone still buying this brand of bullshit?

That’s just dumb. Even you’re to the right of the liberal party. Even rub and tug is; that’s why the spineless bastards have lost in every state election and the federal election and soon to lose to bat-ears in victoristan.

The only bullshit here is what is oozing out between your toothless gums.

95. More Victoria Police have been out on the roads conducting Operation Scoreboard between September 21 to September 25.

Sooner or later people will have enough of Vikpol. Then Vikpol will be whining about being on the receiving end of a citizens “Operation Scoreboard”.

96. Police from around Australia will meet to try address the recruitment crisis hitting forces across the country and to stop states from poaching cops from each other

Join the plod and taser your Mum. Put Gran in a chokehold.

97. H B Bearsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Join the plod and taser your Mum. Put Gran in a chokehold

It’s for their health dont ya know.

98. Anthony Albanese’s ‘fair dinkum’ push on massacres

Greg Brown
    National Correspondent
    @gregbrown_TheOz
    21 minutes ago September 26, 2022
    No Comments

Anthony Albanese says children should be taught at school about the massacres of Indigenous people by British settlers as he pushes for Australians to have a “fair dinkum” knowledge of ­history.

The Prime Minister said “truth-telling” on the atrocities faced by Indigenous people should be part of learning about Australian history, but it should be done in a way that avoided shaming people of British descent.

“Part of learning about our history is truth-telling as well,” Mr Albanese told 4BC radio.

“And the truth is that Indigenous people suffered a lot. Not all, but many did. Massacres occurred. And we need to be truthful about that, not as a way of being shamed but just as being fair dinkum.

“It is the Australian way.”

When asked whether this should be part of the school ­curriculum, Mr Albanese said: “Absolutely”.

The overhauled national curriculum released in May included a new “deep time” strand focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait ­Islander history and the impact of European arrival, including the concept of an “invasion’’.

Under the government’s commitment to the Uluru Statement from the Heart, a Makarrata Commission will be established to oversee treaty agreements and “truth-telling about our history”.

In a speech to the World Indigenous People’s Congress on Monday, Indigenous Australians Minister Linda Burney outlined the massacres endured by the ­Wiradjuri people of NSW.

“The story of invasion and conquest for the Wiradjuri is a brutal one,” Ms Burney said. “The horrific poisoning (of) waterholes and flour began in Wiradjuri country.

“Massacre sites are dotted all over my lands. The scars are evident for all of us to see.”

I can see all this backfiring quite badly – in the same way that children have been shown “Rabbit Proof Fence” so many times that they lost all interest…

99. JacobSilverman.shill
    @SilvermanJacob
    Strange idea to cast Alinejad, who lives in NYC, as the leader of the Iranian protests that are explicitly being done in the name of a local woman murdered by Iranian police. Alinejad is a US government employee who meets regularly with neocon politicians.

Interesting thread.

100. GreyRanga says:
    September 26, 2022 at 12:15 pm
    No duelling allowed on this thread.

Having a difference of opinion is not duelling.

(Not directed at you GR, just pointing out that the Cat is about discussion & debate).

101. .…he pushes for Australians to have a “fair dinkum” knowledge of ­history..

Albasleazy should fuckin’ start by pissing off Pascoe’s rubbish from school “history” syllabus.

Replace it with Windshuttle’s books.

102. Burney running the poisoned waterholes bullshit story as if it’s truth.
    No farmer in their right mind would poison water unless they could absolutely control who or what accessed the water.
    Slandering farmers long is dead easy for dishonest race baiters like Burney.

103. Barking Toadsays:
    September 26, 2022 at 9:12 pm
    .…he pushes for Australians to have a “fair dinkum” knowledge of ­history..

Replace it with Windshuttle’s books.

Great. Our kids wont be able to do maths or understand science, but they’ll know all the pronouns and fake Abo history.

Australia is cooked.

104. Boning up on Meloni… there’s a lot to like about her. We’re the same age, which makes her young for a pollie… and she’s kinda hot, tho only halfway to Raggi hot.
    Still a rising party whithin a complicated coalition, a la Sweden.

105. Burney running the poisoned waterholes bullshit story as if it’s truth.

She ran all the tired old nonsense about Aborigines being Flora and Fauna before the 1967 referendum on the floor of Parliament, and got away with it.

Albo isn’t getting too much support in the comments..

106. The Poison Waterholes Creek is named because dingoes were baited near the creek as they came in to drink or look for prey near water.

For shame! You dare to contradict the great Stan Grant?

107. More book blurbs for the jaded:

On Easy Terms: she was all woman for cash or credit.
    Country Club Confidential: a raw, lusty, behind the scenes look at the country club set. No more revealing novel has been published on this explosive subject!
    Campus Go-Go Girl: Binnie’s assignment was to expose the drug scene on campus; but she didn’t figure on having to join in the sex orgies as well.
    Office Affair: she learnt her tricks at the bottom of the heap and he was her ticket to the top.

108. Monty can stick his protocols in his prostate.
    Smearing Cats is not a polite act, kiddo.

I correctly identified Melons as performing a dog whistle. I don’t quite know how that equates to smearing Cats.

109. Anyway, “Slianete’ to you horrible mob. The stock market may be at it’s lowest point in two years, but a man can still afford the necessities of life – like good single malt.

110. rootless cosmopolitans … financial speculators … hook-nosed goblins

Do you have links to where Meloni used these terms?

What am I saying, of course you don’t.

111. calli says:
    September 26, 2022 at 4:19 pm
    There is definitely a sense of a culture in decline here in York.

Sadly I noticed the same in Western Europe in 2019. In contrast, Eastern Europe was very vibrant and optimistic.

112. Melonhead did indeed use the term financial speculators, as cited upthread.

That’s one of three, Monty. Where are the others?

What I get from that speech is a decidely Distributist vibe. She even ends it with a quote from Chesterton.

113. “If you agree with those who blame rootless cosmopolitans (code) or financial speculators (also code) or hook-nosed goblins (most definitely code) for the travails of your white race, then you might be a fellow traveler with those who subscribe to the Protocols. Your cognitive dissonance is not my fault.”

“cognitive dissonance “…from the same fuckwit who wrote “legitimate grievances”….but then this fuckwit doesn’t mind a little bit of old fashioned Jew hatred. Oh and I note that he once again mentions his favourite book….”The Protocols”, I wonder how his copy if going? As mentioned before, the fuckwit, when he needs a new copy can come to Sydney and go out to Lakemba, walk into bookshop and he’ll find a new copy of the Protocols on the bookshelf with copies of Mein Kampf. They can sit side by side on fuckwit’s bookcase.

In the meantime, fuckwit can piss of.

114. That’s one of three, Monty. Where are the others?

I was using the others as examples, not direct quotes.

The extent of her herrenvolk economics is paying for childcare, baby formula and parental leave. The rest of her fiscal policy will be right wing boilerplate: tax cuts for the rich, cut services, screw the poor.

115. The rest of her fiscal policy will be right wing boilerplate: tax cuts for the rich, cut services, screw the poor.

Ever seen a distribution of who actually pays tax mUnty? Time to give up the undergraduate Socialist Alliance tropes.

116. Examples, of what, exactly?

If you think Melonblonde’s party has really changed from a few short years ago when they were openly fascist into a centre right vehicle, you are fairly gullible.

As for that point 9 you cited, I will believe it when I see it. Trump promised a lot of things on the campaign trail that were progressive and distributive in nature, and instead handed over his legislative agenda to Mitch McConnell to exclusively enrich billionaires like himself.

117. Herrenvolk economics is where you implement leftist redistribution, but exclude certain groups in society for qualifying.

The con from most right-wing populists is that they promise free stuff for poor white people and to not let non-white people enjoy the same benefits… but then they don’t give their voters anything more than scraps from the rich table. They give the poor false hope.

Now, you could say that the centre left parties do much the same minus the racism… and you’d be largely right in the current generation. That is the reason right-wing populists get oxygen these days. Neither side has a satisfactory solution for the problem. Hypocrisy or fraud… not much of a choice.

118. the only premise that mUnty argues that is valid, is that fools and freaks should never have power.

he then proceeds, by his own words, to demonstrate exactly why that is true

the man is a fool

119. Herrenvolk economics is where you implement leftist redistribution, but exclude certain groups in society for qualifying.

how about links?

… got any links?

120. The con from most right-wing populists is that they promise free stuff for poor white people and to not let non-white people enjoy the same benefits

Do you have a recent example where any government benefit was excluded to “non-white people”? Link?

Of course not. Imagination running wild.

121. No modern Western government has dared implement full herrenvolk economics, but that is where the right-wing movement is headed if you listen to their rhetoric.

Let me understand your point here, Fatboy. A European country like say Sweden or Italy having essentially white indigenous- their new government are practicing economics because their constituency is white. Are you fat as well as color blind you XXXL sized idiot?

122. No modern Western government has dared implement full herrenvolk economics, but that is where the right-wing movement is headed if you listen to their rhetoric.

Any examples?

123. The point is that herrenvolk economics is the myth that the likes of Trump and Melonpasta are selling, but in practice when they luck their way into government they just run standard trickledown stuff that hasn’t changed since Reagan. It’s a big con.

124. The point is that herrenvolk economics is the myth that the likes of Trump and Melonpasta are selling, but in practice when they luck their way into government they just run standard trickledown stuff that hasn’t changed since Reagan. It’s a big con.

You do realize trickle down is a pejorative made up term by a leftwing halfwit, right?

125. Yes, trickledown is pejorative, because to describe it accurately is to speak about it pejoratively. It makes no sense and has been disproven over many decades. Yet the right keep doing it, because their rich backers want them to.

You tell each other fairytales about how it is really you who is on the side of the poor, but it is just not true at all.

126. Trickledown is real. How else would you describe a theory that posits that increasing the wealth of rich people will somehow increase the wealth of not-rich people?

No such theory exits, you pile of lard. It’s made up.

The only thing that comes close – even Krugman believes – is the marginal productivity theory.

Marginal productivity theory suggests that the amount paid to each factor in the production process is equal to the value of the extra output the factor of production produces

It’s how living standards have improved since the advent of the Industrial Revolution, you swine.

127. Yet the right keep doing it, because their rich backers want them to.

Leftwing morons can’t even define rich – is wealth income or asset derived. They saddle up unable to define their terms eggsactly.

128. Back from the Dales. Crisscrossed with drystone and hedges, thick with cute little villages, public footpaths across what look to be privately owned fields. Curly horned, black faced sheep. Streams and little bridges and soft, weathered stonework everywhere.

Downside – drivers going waaaaay too fast through the villages. I’m amazed pedestrians aren’t knocked down every day. Empty shops, not enough workers. Perfectly good, productive land being turned over to holiday lets rather than being farmed.

Two highlights, for me at least – a marvellous example of a valley carved out by an Ice Age glacier – flat base and almost vertical sides.

The other – no wind turbines. Apparently they disfigure the landscape.

129. Saw the two “Darrowby”s too. The old one and the new one. Disclosure – I’m a Herriot fan. An amusing factoid from our driver – Tricky Woo (the original) is buried in his aunt’s backyard.

130. A woman in a supermarket is following a grandfather and his badly-behaved grandson.

He has his hands full with the child screaming for sweets, biscuits, all sorts of things.

The grandad is saying in a controlled voice: “Easy, William, we won’t be long. Easy boy”.

Another outburst and she hears the grandad calmly say: “It’s okay, William. Just a couple more minutes and we’ll be out of here. Hang in there, boy”.

At the checkout the little horror is throwing items out of the trolley. Grandad says again in a controlled voice: “William, William, relax buddy, don’t get upset. We’ll be home in five minutes, stay cool, William”.

Very impressed, she goes outside to where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. She says: “It’s none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don’t know how you did it. That whole time you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his grandad”.

“Thanks” says the grandpa “but I am William. The little fuck’s name is Kevin”.