China saves COP and the world

I was waiting for this because the Chinese have been playing the wokies of the west like trout with displays of RE installations and the distant promise of peak emissions.

Update. Playing the wokies like a trout is quite wrong, the trout have the good sense to resist. The wokies are not resisting, they are following Xi willingly and enthusiastically.

XI played cool, staying away from COP but that was just to make an even bigger bang by going for a big hit at the eleventh hour before COP.

“Cimate change is a wake-up call from nature to mankind.”

Hilarious!

Fiendishly clever, as they used to say on the Goon Show. Warning, not everyone finds the Goon Show amusing. You really had to be there fifty or sixty years ago before the Monty Python Show to appreciate it.

Thanks to thefrollickingmole for his suggestion. btw that is my favourite pseudonym probably because I think of Wind in the Willows. Some nice mole-related pictures.

17 thoughts on “China saves COP and the world”

1. “Warning, not everyone finds the Goon Show amusing.”

“How do I open the door?”
    “Turn the knob on your side”
    “I haven’t got a knob on my side!”
    “On the door…”

2. You can listen to Goon Show episodes late at night on Radio United Kingdom, then look for British Comedy Radio UK. They also have Yes Minister, Dad’s Army in radio versions and Just a Minute and plenty else that doesn’t appeal to me (The Men from the Ministry, Navy Lark, etc. and including the endlessly irritating Clitheroe Kid)). Chacun à son goût.

3. “How do I open the door?”
    “Turn the knob on your side”
    “I haven’t got a knob on my side!”
    “On the door…”

Xi is just playing with the knobs

4. If you know your way around bit torrent, the entire surviving Goon shows can be acquired. Around 160 episodes in total.

Also, Hancock, Navy Lark, Beyond our Ken, Round the Horne, My Word, My Music, etc.

5. Every political promise should be restated in a Bluebottle voice to see if it sounds more sensible.

I used to do this when Bird or Collaborator Bob started getting narky on the OldCat. Always gave me a giggle.

Also:

“Climate change is a wake-up call from nature to mankind.”

The Mankinds don’t wish to know about all that…

6. Good to see new faces, or have I not been paying attention, anyway welcome cuckoo, Local Oaf and Miss Anthropist.
    And Hi to friends of longer standing, Tinta and johanna
    Thanks for that information on the radio shows Annie

7. Climate change is a wake-up call from nature to mankind.

More likely, the environmental devastation that China/the CCP is inflicting on the Middle Kingdom is a wake-up call from Nature to the CCP (which will ignore it).