25 thoughts on “Meme of the Day #5”

1. Perhaps the blokes in Space Suits are wondering what’s holding the roof up?
    But, yeah, the State has given angry people Carte Blanche to be angry.
    Plenty of angry people out there, mostly women.

2. At some point in one of many previous lives, I recall watching a documentary about mental health, and one of the interviewees (a doctor or academic, I cannot recall) posited that “Madness is an ordinary part of the human condition.”

I interpreted that to mean we all have the capacity to host or display dysfunction. What differentiates us is something I’ve remained undecided about.

3. We had a family Christmas do yesterday that looked pretty much like what is depicted in that meme, with people enjoying themselves. There were no masks, no questions about who was vaxxed and who was not, no staying a cow’s length apart. Life in the country is so much better, and saner, than in any city.

4. I still have no idea why people are so frantic to ‘get tested’. Whether you are sick, or not, if you fail, you get thrown into quarantine. Wouldn’t it be easier just to go to bed for a couple of days, like we did when we were young?

5. People just want to comply.
    It won’t do them any good, but I don’t blame them for it either.

And people who won’t play the game and do the rightie are to blame.
    That’s why McGowan and Anna P. didn’t lose any bark at the Elections.

6. Reminds me of the bloke I saw shopping in Coles c. May 2020 in a full Hazmat suit.

Granted, it was early days, but there were few cases in Qld and everyone else was going about their business as normal.

7. Basically, if the Pandemic was real, of course you’d want to get inoculated, it’s the patriotic thing to do.

If the Pandemic was real, patriotism wouldn’t even enter into the equation.

8. Of course it would.
    Are you suggesting that Australia is just a proposition Nation comprised of interchangeable units who are only interested in self preservation?

9. Our 13+ year old Labrador passed away today, he had a good and happy life. My mother and mother-in-law are in their 90s, in nursing homes, and still worry about money.

It’s been clear to me for a long time that it’s not how long you live, it’s how you live. I’d rather live like a Labrador.

10. My sister and brother, getting self righteously outraged about people having the hide to enjoy themselves.

P.S. This was the WiP image that stuck the most in the memory this morning.

Thanks, Tom and Dover.

11. Mr Ed

Seems the gypsum poisoning is getting worse.

12. bemusedsays:
    December 26, 2021 at 5:29 pm

My condolences. People don’t, generally, deserve such loyal, happy creatures.

13. Thanks all. I’m not ashamed to admit that this has brought tears to my eyes. A loyal companion, like you will never find in human form, is now gone. They ask for so little, yet offer so much in return. He will be sorely missed.