Don’t tell me it was Scott Morisson.
He was one of our most disappointing Liberal leaders.
Admittedly he inherited a chalice that was poisoned by Malcolm Turnbull, but he was one of the gang of 57 (?) who assassinated Tony Abbott. Correction it was 55 and Morisson was not one of them.
and he was ultimately the chief beneficiary of the coup when he threw Dutton under the bus to appease Turnbull and the pink and green rats in the ranks.
That piece was crafted by a statesman, a sage and a fine writer, not a grubby, wet and opportunistic power-broker.
We read at the end of the address:
Let us be at least as diligent, courageous, moral, innovative and compassionate as those who gifted us a world-based order that favours freedom so that we may keep it, and pass it on in good repair.
Where was he during the lockdowns?
A colleague provided an off-the-cuff list of reasons to be unimpressed by Scott Morisson.
- Agreed to Net Zero and climate hysteria and set Australia on a dangerous course while encouraging the flow of money to elites without any proper cost benefit analysis, which has resulted in damage to productivity, inflation, no reduction in emissions and a worse environmental outcome.
- Made himself Resources Minister for a day so that he could overturn the decision of the real Resources Minister to give the green light to an exploratory gas well offshore Newcastle in Commonwealth waters. This banning of drilling was to beat the TEALS and help the wind industry.
- Embraced all Twiggy Forrest’s crazy ideas about hydrogen, exporting solar energy to Singapore and building a gas import terminal in NSW to be kick started with taxpayers’ money.
- Overturned the rule of law and the presumption of innocence by apologising to Brittany Higgins and assuming that a young man had indeed raped her although there was no evidence.
- Did nothing to uphold western values in our education system while allowing more money to be spent on the politicisation of the curriculum, which has resulted in falling standards.
- Threw a couple of his better ministers under a bus on trumped up charges of a sexual nature.