1,230 thoughts on “Open Thread – Weekend 13 Nov 2021”

1. Does anyone here think it’s perfectly normal for a 17 year old kid to be out in crazed streets with a loaded AR15 strapped over his shoulder… IN A Suburban setting?

Yes or no?

Of course it’s not “normal”. That’s the whole point. Crazed streets… suburban setting…, there was no “normal” for Rittenhouse to be “normal” in.

2. mem says:
    November 13, 2021 at 8:43 am

I watched the IBAC hearing yesterday. Nothing I didn’t know already but learned that this apparently is the Vic Labor standard approach to dirty deeds (from the mouth of the polly on the stand) “First deny and then lie”. I thought it would make a great slogan for all government vehicles.

There’s our new slogan for licence plates:

VICTORIA – FIRST DENY THEN LIE

3. Let’s get a little real

4. Rittenhouse wanted to be a gun hero – that’s why he was there. If he wanted to medically attend to wounded people, he could have done so and would have been left alone.

He was putting out a fire and the mob came after him.

5. Vaccination Programs are solely the business of State Heath Departments.

Really? Then who was it who spent 100s of millions of dollars on multiple times more doses of the rubbish than there are people in this country?

6. Yeah, that’s how it works.
    The States can’t directly import the vaccines and the Federal Government can’t mandate vaccine programs or run the programs.
    Clearly the States have requested the Vaccines from the Feds, it’s now up to the States as to whether or not they proceed.
    Comprende?

7. 17 was old enough to be killed in action in the Falklands. As four were.

Yep, but Asia Argento blowing you makes her a sex criminal.

8. At 17 if I had access to weapons, and given the “state” was doing nothing to protect its citizens from a mob, I would have done the same.

The state had bent the knee and abdicated. Black Lives Mattered…represented by the cream of white society.

Anyway. Gredo aimed first.

9. Runnybum says:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:44 pm

Question for you JC, were you at the march in Danistan yesterday or were you hiding under the bed with biggles?
    Yes or no.

It’s irrelevant and you’re stupid.

We’re talking about allowing an underage kid to go out into mean streets and I wouldn’t allow it. What’s that got to do with me going or not going to a demo? In any event the Melbourne event was not violent and never was going to be anywhere close to what occurred in the US in 2020. Remain silent as you’re embarrassing the site.

10. JCsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Yes or no?

No I think all the keyboard worriers should be made to go first.

11. bespoke says:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:47 pm

JCsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:38 pm

If you believe that then go curl up in a corner.

Things ebb and flow. In the mid 80’s no one would have conceived the American left would have gained so much power yet they did. Things will turn back…. I hope.

12. bespoke says:
    November 14, 2021 at 4:09 pm

JCsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Yes or no?

No I think all the keyboard worriers should be made to go first.

That’s a no then.

13. Satanic shit

They are unethical because of the risk of causing serious harm to other people for no valid reason; irresponsible because they run counter to individual and collective responsibilities to contribute to important public health goals; and in the case of certain kinds of religious opposition, they might be irrational because they are internally inconsistent. All in all, our argument translates into the rather uncontroversial claim that we should prioritize people’s lives over religious freedom in vaccine research and vaccination roll out.

14. That’s a no then.

I said no. I hate the idea of teen’s sacrificing for the previous generation mistakes.

15. No. But I’m not an idealist. Nor a teenager.

Do you have kids?

I’d wouldn’t be having a easy going chat if I had a 17 year old wanting to take a gun to a suburban setting. It would be very confrontational.

On the plus side, the kid knocked off two fuckers who sorely deserved having their lives shortened and a third with most of his upper arm blown away. The negative is that he could end up behind bars bars for the rest of his life. The case isn’t over until the fat lady sings in the jury room.

16. You idiot, Arky. Again closing comments on what, until your last para, had been an interesting read. You just can’t help your smartarse, elitist misanthropy:

Arky, if you hate the human race so much, get off the fucking internet. Humans are the only beings who access it.

Thankfully, we have other teachers here to remind us that not all teachers are arseholes like you.

17. So you hid under your bed JC, nothing to worry about.
    Everyone here knows you are a ball less gobshite.

18. Comments will be open for a bit maybe. I’ll do something different this time: I will delete most of your comments. Anything that doesn’t interest me will get the heave ho. Only the very best will remain. If you think you are up to it, feel free to submit a comment. If your feelings are easily hurt by deletion, maybe stay on the other threads. Hopefully few if any of you bother.

This is why I don’t bother. The smart arse trolled me once too. He asked me to write a detailed exposition of why I am a libertarian.

I spent a few hours on it. The brain dead response I got….”hahahaha I am not going to read it!”.

He might be smart, he might be right a lot of the time, but he’s an unlikable weirdo.

19. Runnybumsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 4:31 pm
    Check your msgs beyonce.

Does she have an allergy? Make sure to give her the MSG free spring rolls.

20. Ita Buttrose seems to have full-on Stockholm Syndrome, judging by her rant against the Senate inquiry into the ABC’s farce of a complaints process. She has bought the ABC line that they are supreme over parliament, the courts and the constitution.

21. “kaysee says:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Anyone thinking the Premiers and CMO’s are calling the shots are ignorant. Is it a fault on their behalf? No, it is not. They just don’t know.

The public are reacting with anger to the Premiers and CHOs. That’s okay. If the Premiers and CHOs did not take orders from Klaus-Gates HQ, we wouldn’t be facing this problem.

Right now, Aussies don’t have the power to get rid of the great resetters. But they can get rid of any “leaders” in Oz who are following their diktats.”

22. Ita Buttrose seems to have full-on Stockholm Syndrome, judging by her rant against the Senate inquiry into the ABC’s farce of a complaints process. She has bought the ABC line that they are supreme over parliament, the courts and the constitution.

Yes, her whole tone is “How dare you lesser mortals question the A.B.C.”

23. Getting very anxious about Novavax. To be blunt I am screwed without it.

Pol – you of all people succumbing to this preposterous psy-op?

Go and ingest a bag of gypsum and harden up, Squire. 🙂

Sheesh.

24. “How dare you lether mortalth quethtion the ALPBThee.”

Yeah, because funnily enough, grandma, there’s a whole lot of it going on.

Way past time the Mantra™ was invoked.

25. Getting very anxious about Novavax. To be blunt I am screwed without it.

26. Getting very anxious about Novavax. To be blunt I am screwed without it.

Pol – you of all people succumbing to this preposterous psy-op?

I can actually follow some silly at home testing and wear a face nappy and in theory I never have to be vaxxed. Medical exemption is what I am thinking of doing (it’s complicated, but I believe legitimate – and no I am not bubble boy or a dead man walking…). They are very, very hard to get and the corrupt NSW Liberal Party* has decided that ought to be so

An ethically made, more traditional vaccine that is more effective, has been tested for longer and has had no deaths as an adverse effect; otherwise very few adverse effects.

This will allow me to leave the country too.

*Hey. I can only look at the former Premier and my former local member.

27. You’re not screwed Dot, you’re just going to have to lay low while the idiocracy wakes up to itself.

You’re more optimistic than I am.

28. Dot, if they open at 95%, they still have the unvaxxed to blame. They have an “out”.

If they don’t, they’re screwed. They know it.

Hang in there.

29. Pol Dot says:
    November 14, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Sad. Unleash your inner non-conformist, Squire. We exist in a cage of their making.

Not ours.

30. Ita Buttrose seems to have full-on Stockholm Syndrome, judging by her rant against the Senate inquiry into the ABC’s farce of a complaints process. She has bought the ABC line that they are supreme over parliament, the courts and the constitution.

Reading the article on-line, she has very few, if any, supporters in the comments section – even the usual suspects are laying low.

31. dot, methinks that treatment will become first option as soon as fizzer and moderna have their own very expensive clones of ivermectin. Something like $5k per pill.

32. Sage advice, lime killer.

You’re a sweet pea.

Thanks. If I can keep up the RAT and nappy nonsense, I may well survive this madness.

Then it is a matter of: well, Novavax actually seems legit and I do want the option to leave this open air prison. I have to say, my ancestors, free settlers, were idiots.

I have vague memories of this being a cool place as a kid. Not now!

33. “Getting very anxious about Novavax. To be blunt I am screwed without it”

Judging from all I have read and heard including from GP, and Greg Hunt’s apparent statement the other day, I suspect that it won’t become available until well into the new year. Of course by which time, for us to have a life, we will have to have had “the jab”.

34. Dot

35. I don’t trust Dom Puppetett to keep the 95% double vaccinated and open up promise.

This has been explained before. They will keep kicking that can down the road because they can. Lying to and disappointing the new outcasts gets them off.

The joys of being a Jew/Black/Leper/Witch/take your f*cking pick of various marginalised individuals in human history.

We are witnessing some very ugly, debased behaviour, the outcome of which is still to be determined. Those of us with more than a passing knowledge of human history should be less than gruntled with those that don’t. 🙁

36. JC, Never going head dickhead, it is my job in life to annoy a non entity like you & shoot bananas.

37. So there I am 15 minutes into an hour long mow when I noticed the mower spraying oil everywhere! Shuts her down and .. duuuh ..! .. the oil cap/checker thingy has flown the coop, caught on something or other .. sooo starts the search, x3, bloody, times around the mown patch(s) .. NO LUCK .. must be in the fence side wilderness .. methinx .. out come secateurs & shears + axe .. 40 minutes later and 20 yards of, bloody, wild plants/bushes etc fully trimmed & cleaned up and I findz it! ..
    Sooo an hour long cut ends up a two hours slog …. gardens gotta luv ’em .. LOL!
    The irony is that I reversed my usual mowing routine .. if I’d gone by habit the problem would have been towards the end .. NOT the, BLOODY, beginning .. duuuuuuh!
    Not my best weekend ………!

38. Ted

Never going head dickhead

Ted, you aren’t going dickhead because you’ve always been one. No change there.

it is my job in life to annoy a non entity like you & shoot bananas.

It’s your simplicity that annoys me and that’s something you can’t help. You’re very simple. Now go pick some mangoes.

39. So it is decided that we will throw the unvvaxxed into boiling oil.
    The big question remains unanswered.
    Who gets the broadcast rights?

40. hzhousewife

Eggactly, who’d want to be alive then? But what’s your point though? Are you actually trying to say that a 17 year old in 1914 is the same as a 17 year old in 2021? Really?

My father in law was working at the age of 13. His father fell off a horse, subsequently died and then the oldest kid had to leave school and take care of the family just around the Depression. Subsequently, he turned whatever age and ended up in WW2, in Libya.

41. a 17 year old in 1914 is the same as a 17 year old in 2021?

It isn’t too much of a stretch, JC. Not in the essentials – idealism, thirst for adventure and danger, recklessness. And in boys, the need to express manliness.

These are always qualities that we pin to the young, or young at heart.

As we get older, we become more worldly wise, more cynical.

42. No way is the typical 17 yr old these days the same as those in 1916 ! Back then they could tie their own shoelaces ! Except for Kyle, he’s a throw back.

43. he’s an unlikable weirdo

Sacré bleu – that’s a bit harsh, Squire.

Speaking on behalf of the unlikable weirdos among us, life isn’t one long procession of marvellous things and events. Some of us can’t even get a bit o’ that, FFS.

Figurative speed humps lurk everywhere. Not to mention the nanowrigglers.

44. Life or death decision in 2021.

Should I go with the sushi sashimi combo or straight sushi with a california roll and miso soup to start?

Alternatively, Aburi Sushi starter Beef Teriyaki +Vegs and separate rice bowl.

45. Calli., hzhousewife

Fair enough. I’ll leave it up the gals here to decide. I’m busy figuring out my Japanese takeaway.

Fuck the kid. Let him go out fully armed, but I’m not paying med or legal bills on the ping back.

46. the sushi sashimi combo

Miso soup is a joke and you don’t go to a Jap restaurant to chow down on beef, Squire.

47. shatterzzzsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Reminds me of my eldest son taking longer to cut the lawn and not following advice.

48. I reckon the kid’s defense would be costing between 500K to a mill. Are they getting funded as I read the gofundme sites closed down the collections. Scumbags.

49. Are you actually trying to say that a 17 year old in 1914 is the same as a 17 year old in 2021? Really?

In essence, yes. Nowadays society keeps teens in cotton wool, ” educating” them forever, under parental control for far too long imho. They really want to break free, but are suppressed from an early age by we adults. We kill curiosity, shut down adventurousness, scare youngsters with our own fears, infantalise them, actually. But underneath they really are out for adventure – busting to join in a dust-up somewhere in the Empire, tramp around South America, rescue a village in Nepal, endless opportunity to better the world. When we shut this down, we weep at the suicide rates in 20 year olds !

50. Pedro the Loafer says:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:32 pm

Miso soup is one step up from septic tank run off liquid.

Yes but the rice needs to be hydrated in some way as it just glues up inside your stomach otherwise.

51. She said it would change the “private-public power balance” and democratize finance to a more systemic level.

Her paper calls for eliminating all banks and transferring all bank deposits to “FedAccounts” at the Federal Reserve.
    During her conference speech, she said, “There will be no more private bank accounts, and all of the deposit accounts will be held directly at the Fed”:

It’s a good thing the US didn’t vote for this administration…

52. I don’t trust Dom Puppetett to keep the 95% double vaccinated and open up promise.

Very unlikely, dum parrot-head understands (cos looney kean told ‘im after Photios told ‘im) that now that double vaxxed folk are learning about the possibility of never ending boosters the unclean ain’t looking as silly as they’ve been painted so further punishment must be not only applied but seen to be applied ……!
    The dapto dish-licker will be reprising his Lord Haw Haw impersonation to emphasize the message … LOL!

53. What are the possibilities of fronting to court and thwarting a takeover of a public company. Does the board have the odds stacked in its favor?

Is the offer reasonable? (Not really good enough on its own). It goes to the market being efficient and informed.

Is there shareholder oppression? Or reasonable/equitable benefits to all shareholders?

Usually this sort of thing has to be egregious. I’d say you’re probably not going to stop them. If 7/10 shares vote for a dud deal, that’s part of the risk of owning a public company.

I would spend the money at a decent (expensive) commercial law outfit.

Your case would have to be excellent to win – it may well be.

54. During her explanation of her paper, she said that the Federal Reserve, the nation’s central bank, can only use “indirect levers” to “induce private banks to increase their lending.”

I am glad I own crypto, namely Chainlink.

55. Dot

It’s Syd Airport.

I believe that c..t Gonski is trying to steal the company for the funds. He’s a disgusting, piece of human garbage as a far as I’m concerned and the rest of the board is just as bad.

Let me send you some stuff and take a looksee.

56. “and the rest of the board is just as bad”

Is that union hack and piece of progressive garbage Ann Sherry still on the board?

57. JC

Yes or no?

No less abnormal than the police allowing rioters to burn, loot and kill with impunity. Exactly how many BLM/Ante-fa rioters have actually been charged with anything? No less abnormal that DemonRats collecting money to bail rioters out, and let them run free to riot again.

58. “kaysee says:
    November 14, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Priest sidelined for criticizing Pope’s support of gay unions pens open letter

An open letter to Pope Francis, cardinals and bishops, Christians, and people of goodwill

The following is an open letter by Father Jesusmary Missigbètò, an Opus Dei priest suspended in March of this year after last November criticizing Pope Francis’s support of civil unions of homosexual couples and asking him to correct his position or resign.”

59. Does anyone here think it’s perfectly normal for a 17 year old kid to be out in crazed streets with a loaded AR15 strapped over his shoulder… IN A Suburban setting?

Yes or no?

No, but as J.D. Vance wrote, neither is it normal for police to stand by and watch property get looted or set ablaze, or to have holders of public office support the wanton destruction.

60. The inquiry into ABC complaints could get interesting, but ultimately will come to nothing as these things always do.

Seems that the ABCcomplaint process had come under some pressure because of bias. So the ABC did what it does and launched its own ‘inquiry’, which works something like this: Ita rings up a couple of ’eminent’ media people such as ex-bosses of media companies and asks them if they want to earn a lazy couple of hundred grand for a few months ‘work’. A few months down the track, the inquiry can be relied on to conclud that no, there is no bias.

However this time, the Senate will be having a concurrent enquiry. This will put pressure on the ABC enquiry to actually look a little harder, because they wouldn’t want to be shown up as corrupt grifters would they. Hence Ita’s tanty.

61. Why have Vicpol stopped trying to prevent the protests?

Too many people to control? International condemnation and media coverage?

62. dover

Snap (sort of)!

63. For good ol’ Bruce, never once found shirking his remaining key task* on this planet – mercilessly kicking house sized collectivist backsides. Long may he continue to do so.

*Apart from feeding various Avians

64. Rabz, It’s takeout. Beef Teriyaki is nothing to sneeze at.

The human race is blessed that Japan is beside the sea and has spent thousands of years perfecting the cuisine around stuff that comes out of the ocean. But the next best thing to sushi is beef teriyaki. That sauce is to die for.

65. Well If Rittenhouse was my kid I hope I would have the guts to stand with him.
    Sent my youngest on his own to the US at six and again at 15. Let him hang out with the nanny’s dancing most of the night at Kruger when he still was in nappies. I spent near 48 hours stuck in Kuala Lumpur airport waiting for a connecting flight with him on the way home They walked to school most times and was allowed to make mistakes and stepped for his mates and his older brother died preventing a house invasion. So I’m not a helicopter parent so equivalencies from days long gone of other people kids don’t cut it.

66. Ita Buttrose seems to have full-on Stockholm Syndrome

My instinctive thought was she’s been assimilated by the Borg.

ABC Chair Ita Buttrose accuses federal government of ‘political interference’ with public broadcaster and calls for Senate inquiry to be abandoned (14 Nov)

LOL. The thing should be erased from the planet and the ground salted. I wish no harm to the employees though, they can be usefully employed elsewhere, such as counting penguins in Antarctica.

I will retract this comment if Ita personally refunds me the money extracted from me by enforced taxation to pay for these horrible people.

67. Why have Vicpol stopped trying to prevent the protests?

Because after next week “certain classes of people” can be detained under the new laws?

68. Millions Protest Australian Totalitarian Dictatorship in Melbourne

If only. Not a bad sized crowd, though.

69. Why have Vicpol stopped trying to prevent the protests?

Too many people to control? International condemnation and media coverage?

What international condemnation?
    Andrews doesn’t want to get Victoria Police offside, same as any Administration.
    Marches of this size require all hands on deck and many of those hands are old, fat, sick, lazy, stupid, or women.

70. Why have Vicpol stopped trying to prevent the protests?

Too many people to control? International condemnation and media coverage?

My guess is that Maximum Leader is waiting till the tyranny Bill safely passes the Legislative Council.
    Patten, Ratnam and Mednick may be amoral elitist shills, but even they might not want to be seen to hand unlimited power to a despot who is at that very moment having ordinary citizens smashed to a pulp by a paramilitary force just for disagreeing with the despot. (The operative words there being “be seen to” – they’d clearly have no objection to doing it per se.)
    Once the Bill’s through, the “health advice” will be that “safety” requires extensive restrictions on protests (subject to exceptions for worthy causes of course), to be enforced with batons, tear gas, pepper spray, water cannons and rubber bullets, with the “rubber” being subject to review at a future date.

71. Millions Protest Australian Totalitarian Dictatorship in Melbourne

Indeed. To paraphrase Colonel Kurtz, “Our troubles here would be over”, were that the case.

72. Covid casualty.

Fire fighters are battling an out of control blaze at an aluminium production facility in the Hunter Valley.

It’s believed the warehouse full of hand santiser at Weston Aluminium, near Kurri Kurri, caught alight this morning about 10:20am.

The flames have now spread to the company’s main facility on Mitchell Avenue, where thick black smoke is now billowing from the building.

Oh dear. Well I suppose they won’t catch Covid now that flames have gone through their facility. Sterilizing fire and all. But just why an aluminium factory had a warehouse full of hand sanitizer is an intriguing question.

WAREHOUSE FULL OF HAND SANITISER CATCHES ON FIRE (Ncl local news, 14 Nov)

73. I wish no harm to the employees though, they can be usefully employed elsewhere, such as counting penguins in Antarctica.

I agree but I think we should introduce polar bears to Antarctica as a conservation measure.

74. A Coalition Government appointed Buttrose, perhaps they should stick with her, otherwise future appointees might be hard to find.
    This is what the brouhaha is all about:

The ABC’s independent review was launched after complaints were made about the broadcaster’s ‘Exposed: The Ghost Train Fire’ documentary were dismissed despite the heavy criticism of the program from an external review.

Seriously?
    Wran and Saffron are both long dead, neither ever had any association with the Liberal or National Parties, so who gives a fuck?

75. Your ABC…

With the draft of Victoria’s proposed pandemic laws released, rumours swirled about the Premier’s ability to declare “permanent lockdown”. Fact Check spoke to legal experts about why that’s unlikely.

“Unlikely”.
    That’s all right then.
    Everybody stand down.

76. Yeah, yum yum yum. Bloody hell, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.

Here you go, a giant flying pickle.

Uber Eats releases giant pickle on Sydney (14 Nov)

Uber Eats ANZ’s Lucas Groeneveld says the company has been flying a giant pickle around Sydney’s Bondi Beach to remind people it delivers more than just restaurant food to houses.

Maybe we could feed it to the Skywhale.

77. Neville Wran, back in the Eighties, in the aftermath of “The Big League”, while fronting a ravenous pack of j’ismists (cue croaky teflon coated voice):

“Are you from the ALPBC?”

78. Steve trickler says:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:03 pm
    Beck:

World Economic Forum’s ‘Great Narrative’ Is ‘FREAKING TERRIFYING’
    |https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk-1JEKJLxE

79. There’s a genre of songs Elvis should have done.

Ah, memories. The old man used to belt these tunes out in the shower ad nauseum. It was embarrassing as a child but I still can hear those sweet tunes and sounds of peanut butter and jelly going down the drain.

80. “kaysee says:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:21 pm

The WEF’s ‘Great Narrative’ ties in with this. Climate Change, Covid all part of the same narrative.

The Manipulators: Frank Luntz & far-left group wage disinformation campaign for COVID tyranny

‘For almost two years, Luntz and the Big Pharma-tied de Beaumont Foundation have been advocating for a variety of forms of rights restricting COVID-related mandates through suspect “polling” and “studies” funded by the non-profit.

Their first task involved manipulating the language in favor of supporting liberty-crushing lockdowns. Now, their current partnership is focused on coercing COVID injections on the entire American population through the force of government.’

81. Arky has put up another Arkosauros Tyrannos thread.

If you refute his premise, he’ll delete you. If you agree with him, he’ll delete you.

Don’t even bother.

82. Don’t even bother

Poor ol’ Arks seems to derive some sort of perverse pleasure from winding us up.

Oh, hang on … 😕

83. “Roger Waters wasn’t a nutter.”

Too kind, he’s not a nutter, he’s a nasty anti-Semite.

84. Pedro the Loafer says:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:32 pm
    Miso soup is one step up from septic tank run off liquid.

Ooh yeah.
    Smells to me like wet rotten grain at the bottom of a bin that leaks.

85. “callisays:
    November 14, 2021 at 7:04 pm
    I didn’t know that, Cassie. How so?”

86. the company has been flying a giant pickle around Sydney’s Bondi Beach to remind people of catastrophic human induced climate change

No concept seems too bizarre nowadays. And yes, I have seen the Skywhale close up. It was floating above me one morning while I was driving to work with the roof down. Thankfully, it didn’t void its bowels. You’d be dining out on that anecdote for the rest of your life otherwise. 🙁

87. Thank you. It’s all getting worse.

88. An internal inquiry report found staff did not correctly identify the signs of sepsis.

Yes because sepsis is soooo terribly difficult to diagnose.

Idiots.

89. Unhinged obsessive hatred of the only Jewish country on the planet. Supporter of BDS and every other far-left progressive anti-Semitic Jew hating group.

Urging other musicians and performers to boycott Israel.

90. calli says:
    November 14, 2021 at 6:58 pm
    Arky has put up another Arkosauros Tyrannos thread.

Quite..

Not very confident of his ability to defend his position, eh?

91. “Thank you. It’s all getting worse.

Do you know of any Jewish families leaving Vic, Melbourne in particular? I heard a whisper of it yesterday.”

Yes…they’re making aliyah. Now whilst Israel isn’t perfect with its vaccine mandates, unlike in Victoria they won’t be singled out for celebrating Jewish holidays……whilst adherents of another religious ideology are ignored…nothing to see here.

92. “Urging other musicians and performers to boycott Israel.”

Correct…and a few weak spineless performers succumbed…….Waters tried to harass Nick Cave to boycott Israel a few years ago. Cave told Waters to get stuffed…and the good news is that Cave has booked a new tour of Israel. Waters is a vicious Jew hating bully.

93. JCsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 3:33 pm

I think that’s the wrong question.
    It’s not “normal”, under normal circumstances…. but circumstances are not normal so it’s perfectly reasonable.

He was there for the right reasons and defended himself – as the court should find – in an appropriate manner given the circumstances. There is nothing morally superior about being a coward or a defenceless victim.

As to his age, we have many records of young men of his age defending their families, communities and countries. I was lucky enough to be born in safer times, but the official record has me fighting fires from the age of 14. (No medals required, the risks were manageable and I’m not a fan of participation trophies. It was just what the men that I admired, did.)

94. Cassie of Sydney says:
    November 14, 2021 at 5:48 pm
    “and the rest of the board is just as bad”

Yep Cassie, still there, few raking.

95. That sauce is to die for

good teryaki approximation:

knob of ginger as big as yr thumb x2 grated with a fine grater
    1/4 cup of tamari (not soy sauce, tamari)
    1/4 cup of mirin (if you can find it)

96. I’ve been reading American newspapers and sites for years; countless are the occasions when a gun-loving conservative has boasted that if America ever went feral, ‘liberals’ would be no match for the armed right. Well, it did go feral and their guns didn’t make any difference.

97. Please wake up! Liberals were burning down liberal neighbourhoods. They quietly tiptoed through conservative / 2A neighbourhoods. There’s plenty of footage of both examples.

Couple, sitting outside their business – he had an AK 47, and was sporting a NVA chest rig, she had a pump action shotgun, with a bandolier

“Ain’t expecting no trouble, no siree…”

98. Cassie – Haven’t heard that one for a long while, he and Cohen are superb.

Red Right Hand (1993)

Confide in Me (1994)

99. Yeah, it’s ok when they say it so I suppose it’s a good thing that at least some will give themselves permission to believe it.

Still, it’s a shocking reminder of how many intelligent, respected, highly regarded people choose to remain ignorant & spread ignorance rather than be caught agreeing with the unpersoned.

It’s shocking because you know they’re the same people putting friends on lists of those to be unpersoned in exchange for the chance of another day’s faux freedom.

To quote Arlo Guthrie – “They’re not really your friends, are they.”

What the hay, they’re already selling Christmas stuff, so here’s the full version with the full lyrics including the spoken intro. of –
    The Pause of Mr. Claus –

100. I love Nick Cave, here’s my favourite song of all time….written by the divine Leonard Cohen and sung by the sublime Nick Cave….

It’s very good, Cassie. I slightly prefer the Neil Diamond version. And Leonard C himself did a good version, even if he can’t sing.

101. Please wake up! Liberals were burning down liberal neighbourhoods. They quietly tiptoed through conservative / 2A neighbourhoods. There’s plenty of footage of both examples.

Yep.

Funny how most of the trouble has been in Democrat-run cities with relatively tight gun-control.

102. She’s much lambasted

Not when you possess one of the most legendary bottomses* on this planet, as she did. Taught to her by the van Damme, apparently. The nutcracker isn’t a ballet, it’s an exercise.

*A term first coined by Poor ol Muck of GC.

103. While we’re on laurels for Nick Cave –

The Proposition is a 2005 western film directed by John Hillcoat and written by Nick. It stars Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Emily Watson, John Hurt, Danny Huston and David Wenham. Nick and Warren also composed and performed the music for the film. Set in the Australian outback in the 1880s, the movie follows a series of events following the horrific rape and murder of the Hopkins family, likely committed by the infamous Burns brothers gang.

104. “I have to be equalidee so here are my favorite Cave and Minogue tracks. She’s much lambasted but she and Cave are two of the finest people Australia has ever given birth.”

I agree BoN……I love “Where The Wild Roses Grow”……and yes, Minogue is underrated.

105. “Yep Cassie, still there, few raking.”

The ultimate grifter……inept and incompetent, she was also on the board of Australian rugby. She’s a perfect advertisement for barring women from being on a company board.

106. Another pair of amazing Cave and Minogue singles (the former with P J Harvey):

Henry Lee (1996)

Did It Again (1997)

The latter is a fine tribute to the lady…she wrote the song herself. Lots of fun and a head screwed on firmly.

107. O/T I’m remembering the footage that came out of Los Angeles, during the riots that followed the acquittal of the cops, after the Rodney King trial.

Somewhere in my vaaast video clip collection, is a clip from the 1992 LA riots, live TV footage of rooftop Koreans at the ready above their shops.

Whoever was in the studio was puzzled, almost laughing, at the cluelessness of the Koreans;

Why are they brandishing guns & standing ready?
    As our live feed shows – there is not any looting or rioting within sight of these Korean shops.

108. Bruce – you have earned the right to never have to apologise, Squire.

Just enjoy those mighty tunes.

109. Timothy Neilsonsays:
    November 14, 2021 at 6:36 pm
    Your ABC…

I suspect that, had they been interviewed two years ago legal “experts” would have declared many things that have actually happened since then to be “unlikely”.

110. The CAC Boomerang Story. 1980’s video quality but a lot of original footage and interviews with those involved with the aircraft:

Interesting link, thank you, particularly regarding the formation of the CAC.

111. Grr. That version (hers) doesn’t have the audio it deserves. The CD in car is like having ice picks inserted to ones ears. Great for passing miles and miles. I hate it when YT tracks are so low def.

112. As much as I love Roger Waters musical ability he was brought up in a commo family but boy did he love money and more of Floyds problems came from his greed than musical differences. The rest of Floyd members just didn’t like him. Floyd wasn’t as good without him but got by. Him by himself didn’t have it even though still popular. I just thought Waters to be just a miserable shit, very talented shit but still shit. Hey I’m perfect or is that prefect. I used to be one of those till I wacked the head english teacher.

113. Balwyn Calling

One examination in English in early high school I was confronted with a question about pop music. I wrote “Horror Movie” as my answer. For which I got a red pen question mark and zero marks. The teachers hadn’t worked out who the Skyhooks were back then. In Music we were singing stuff like this:

Which ain’t bad, but only about a millennium out of date for a high school kid in the seventies.

114. I am – a li’l tin soldier that just wants to jump into your fire …

Didn’t Steve Marriott write that song for his current lover?

115. I am – a li’l tin soldier

Got to’ve influenced this one:

Remedy (1992)

The backing singers are seriously awesome.

116. Sod this, peoples – some might say I’m happy with what I’ve got …

However, the public gets what the public wants – but I want nothing this society’s now got …

So – I’m going underground (going underground) … 🙂

117. The CAC had the task of redesigning the American F-86 Sabre – the CAC Sabre, with the Rolls Royce Avon engine was 20% more powerful then the F – 86, and with 2 x 30MM Aden cannon, better armed then the 6 x.50 caliber machine guns of the American aircraft.

When the 30mm cannon were tested at first, the engine used to flame out. So they flew a Canberra bomber underneath with an upward facing movie camera to see why. Only they forgot that as soon as the guns fired the recoil seriously slowed the Sabre. So the Canberra was in front and just below the Sabre, i.e. exactly where you want the aircraft you want to shoot down to be. I was told the story by the Canberra pilot who ducked and heard the shock waves from the shells just above his canopy. Turned out the shock waves were blocking the air flow to the engine so they arranged an electric circuit to reduce the fuel flow to match while the trigger was pulled.

118. rickw says:
    November 14, 2021 at 8:33 pm

Thanks Rick.
    It reminds me of wayback when Anne said on Sinc’s blog that it’s not the virus we should be worried about, but the vaccine.

119. Spike proteins found to be able to enter cell nuclei and……

…. and interfere with DNA repair and predispose you to cancer. Again, this jibes with Dr. Shankara Chetty’s conclusion that the spike protein is itself a pathogen which exacerbates any comorbidity you may have and thus increases your risk of cancer and other illnesses. He literally calls it poison which will take effect in such diverse ways over varying periods that it will be hard to identify as the actual cause, even though it is.

120. Bon great driving cd Pete Townsend White City.

Oh yes. I have it. Rabz’s link doesn’t do justice to Give Blood. The CD version turned up high is like having your brain minced with Japanese Masamune swords. I have the CD somewhere.

On the subject …

Pinball Wizard (1969)

Best sound quality version I could find, but still like playing a pinball machine in a swamp. Grr. Deserves better! I loved pinball at uni, put lots of 20c pieces into the things. Sometimes you could get in the zone, and crack free games and more free games. It was addictive.

121. When the 30mm cannon were tested at first, the engine used to flame out.

Most interesting, thank you.

122. Speaking of Balwyn Calling … reminded me of my wild & woolly days that included hanging with my skiing mates at Channel 7 during tapings of Shirls Neighbourhood.

This was the first clip that popped up. It’s from the year my first born arrived and it includes Happy Hammond, in who’s arms I sang when I was still a crippled kid.

Two generations and decent chunk of one long life, represented in one little video clip 🙂 –

SHIRLS NEIGHBOURHOOD (entire opening/closing titles/ theme) – 1982

123. Newspoll: Coalition claws back primary support from right-wing parties
    Simon Benson
    Political Editor
    4 minutes ago November 14, 2021
    No Comments

The Coalition has clawed back support among conservative ­voters as the leadership contest between Scott Morrison and ­Anthony Albanese narrows to its tightest margin since March last year.

An exclusive Newspoll commissioned by The Australian shows the Coalition recovering from its worst slump since the last election, with a two-point lift in the primary vote to 37 per cent. However, it still trails Labor, which remains on an ­unchanged primary vote of 38 per cent.

The last time the Coalition was ahead of Labor on this critical measure was in June.

The gains for the Liberal and Nationals parties have come at the expense of minor right-wing parties including Pauline Hanson’s One Nation. PHON fell a point to 2 per cent while support for other minor parties also slipped a point from a post-election high of 13 per cent in the previous two polls.

Support for the Greens was unchanged at 11 per cent.

The shift in the conservative vote in the past three weeks has resulted in a slight two-party-preferred improvement for the ­Coalition, which now trails Labor 47-53 per cent – up from 46-54 per cent. The previous poll, which saw the Coalition primary vote fall to its lowest level in three years – 35 per cent – was conducted at the height of internal ructions prior to Mr Morrison flying out to Glasgow to address the COP26 climate change summit.

124. doesn’t do justice to Give Blood

Indeed, Bruce. Nothing beats blasting your favourite tunes on your home or car stereo. The latter especially. 🙂

125. Hey Taxman – get my mighty refund next week, so go and get that up your big fat house sized collectivist bottom – with the rough end of a pineapple, I tells ya!

126. Zulu Kilo Two Alphasays:
    November 14, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Sorry, yeah na. What did they use push polling to prop up the Glasgow headline? PHON may be on the nose but a guess is any votes she loses will flow to Palmer’s Party not the LNP.

On another note notice from Latho the population ponzi is back in action. From December they are going to be chartering them in, not even waiting for the airlines to get back to normal.

127. Newspoll: Coalition claws back primary support from right-wing parties

Hahahaha!

Bosi and Bernardi’s psy ops at work. Trumblefinger still stroking his dead cat.

128. the population ponzi is back in action

It never stopped. Various Quislings need their heads lopped.

Followed by HOP Time. I’ll be the man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors on his hob nailed 10 hole Docs. 🙂

129. Coalition claws back primary support from right-wing parties

Yeah, no, LOL, you f*cking j’ismist imbeciles.

130. Any Sandgroper Cats heard anything about a “West Australia” Party?

Ain’t no party like a West Coast party! Whooooo!!

That sort of party?…

131. If I didn’t have Rock ‘n’ Roll, it would be a very sad and lonely life. No Strats, no Brandos, no Levi’s, no Chelsea boots, no li’l R’n’R sweeties.

Bluddee hell – it’s too hideous a concept to even contemplate, mate.

132. Gab:

Yes because sepsis is soooo terribly difficult to diagnose.

Two signs – listless child and cool extremities.
    Any nurse that didn’t react to these, needs their arse kicked.

133. Bit? I wish. I got to edit. Rabz – the Beatles are wonderfully naughty. Happiness is a warm gun is a phrase which would get you totally cancelled these days.

Ok, bed time for me, but here’s some trip hop to go out with. It has giraffes!

Black Steel

134. Honestly though, Zulu, do we have the population to support it? And in today’s climate it will surely just attract Sneakers McGowan styled wannabe populists.

135. Repeat of Outsiders on Skah.

Derek Couzens still has the rainbow dress and flower above the ear.

136. The Need for Rationality in a Hostile World

Pinker’s problem is that he upsets both the Left and Right. For him it is not a problem but unfortunately the consequence is too many dismiss him because he doesn’t align with their politics and, more importantly, he is obviously contemptuous of many political movements. In the latter chapters he refers to that as the myside bias. I finished the book today. Many people will put the book down when they read his scathing criticisms of Trump and wokeism.

137. Any West Aussies or anyone in fact who’s been to Broome, here’s why most people are happy about being there. (Disclaimer: I lived there way back in the Dark Ages and it’s never lost its pull over me.)

138. Any West Aussies or anyone in fact who’s been to Broome, here’s why most people are happy about being there

139. Went there on holiday way back when – we had a tour guide, who lectured a party of tourists about the “Stolen Generations” and “The Rabbit Proof Fence.” I did point out that some of us had families who were farming on the Rabbit Proof Fence at the time that film was set…Never scored any brownie points….

Really? That’s the exact antithesis of what I experienced and what our friends living there today experience. Let’s just say some of those “Stories Nanna told me” are NOT universally well met!

140. Wisdom means understanding without any doubt that circumstances do not rise to meet our expectations. Events happen as they may. People behave as they will.

–Epictetus

141. Ah, Broome.
    Wannabe West Coast Byron Bay these days. Trying to be trendy, hip and cool for the visitors.

Fails miserably, particularly since Sneakers shut the border.

Having said that, I like the place, good fishing, good pubs and cafes, you just need to keep away from the resident and blow in ferals and the money grubbing locals and make sure your credit card has a healthy upper limit.

142. Valentino Rossi just finished his last race after 26 seasons. FMD. That’s a long time to be racing bikes.

143. jupessays:
    November 15, 2021 at 1:02 am

Retired at age 42. Incredible record.

144. gab, I saw reference to a post you put up re warship and diamond princess as perfect petri dishes of experiment for covid. Something to do with if you’ve had a cold before (most people) then very much less likely to get covid.

I have searched but my search skills are wanting. Someone posted a link but it took me to the whole OT 28 Aug and even though I CF the whole thing I couldn’t find it.

If you happen to have it in your archives, I would be grateful if you could post again for me?

For the birdie people, I have a new brolga family, feeling sad for the baby soon to be viciously attacked by mum and dad to leave the nest, ibis glorious in their black tie dinner suits, a junior jabiru in his mottled grey camo, lapwings getting ready for their incessant screeching around their babies, storm birds (the black ones with the yellow lipstick) calling in the trees and my favourite fool the coucal, running madly wherever with his train slipping behind him.

For the lizard people. I was astounded at the number of frillies and other lizards that leapt from the safety of the road into the fire to be as we lit up. Yes it is bushfire season, white lightening and we have been letting some of it burn because it needs a good burn and steadying other bits up. But the lizards! Every 50 m another rushed into be fried. Reminds me of wallabies. There is this natural selection theory, right? But thee is no end of wallabies to leap in front of an approaching car because the other side of the road must be where they must be. How long does that selection take, do you reckon. The Model T Ford or even Arkies was probably not fast enough to even roll a roo (although armadillos succumb as I remember) unless it was ancient and blind, (perhaps that explains the armadillo) – is it the advent of fast and even faster cars? Will wallabies learn to win and not jump in front of a speeding car?

Capitan just came in and said we have a few paddocks that dont have fire in them and tomorrow we must get the grader and wrap it up. Enough! The fires are particularly cunning, innocently smoking away in the middle of the paddock and then sneaking along through green pick, no less, to suddenly jump 9 blades in the dark of the night.

We will fix it tomorrow and send the dragon to sleep for another year – or at least until the next dry storm!