2,702 thoughts on “Open Thread – Mon 29 Nov 2021”

1. I’ll just put this here in view of a certain erroneous claim made in my absence.

Oxford Professor: Official Data Shows Face Masks “Made No Meaningful Difference” To Infection Rates (30 Nov)

University of Oxford Professor Jim Naismith asserts that despite England dropping its mask mandate in July and Scotland keeping its rules in force, official data shows this “has made no meaningful difference” to infection rates.

Naismith’s verdict on face masks is backed up by UK government SAGE adviser Dr Colin Axon, who dismissed masks as “comfort blankets” that do virtually nothing, noting that the COVID-19 virus particle is up to 5,000 times smaller than the holes in the mask.

“The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders’ scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through,” Axon said.

By all means look at the data provided and decide for yourselves as well. The epidemic of lies from large parts of the white-coat class is worse than the epidemic of Covid. Certainly more damaging to public trust.

2. ““I really struggle to comprehend how Fiona Patten can support vaccine mandates, but then seek legislation that a sex worker with a STI can have lawful unprotected sex without disclosing it as otherwise it would be “discriminatory”. The absent logic there is astronomical.””

The essence of leftism.

3. Thought for the day…..a who’s who of various scum in our parliaments……

Lambie
    Thorpe
    Bandt
    Hanson-Dung
    Keneally
    Patten
    Meddick
    Ratnam
    Faruqi
    Shoebridge

and so on, you get the drift, there’s just so much one can write so early in the morning without retching.

To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, they say “we get the the representatives we deserve” and “the voter always gets it right”

My answer to that is that “no, we don’t deserve the above scum and no, given the scum named above who currently grace our parliaments, the voter doesn’t always get it right”. I don’t believe most Australians deserve the above. I believe we deserve better.

Meanwhile, on this Friday morning, I eagerly await the LNP, the cross-benchers and Labor in the senate putting forward a motion to censure Thorpe…….just like they did last year with Bettina Arndt.
    Thorpe’s words the other night were infinitely worse than anyone Bettina Arndt wrote on Twitter.

Do I wait in vain?

4. “I really struggle to comprehend how Fiona Patten can support vaccine mandates, but then seek legislation that a sex worker with a STI can have lawful unprotected sex without disclosing it as otherwise it would be “discriminatory”. The absent logic there is astronomical.”

…and I’m locked out of society for not having a vaccine?

“There is no longer a legal requirement in any Australian state or territory to disclose HIV positive status before sex, provided the individual ‘takes reasonable precautions’ to prevent HIV transmission.”

I’d be ‘reasonably’ pissed off if those ‘reasonable precautions’ failed to ‘reasonably’ stop me getting it.

FMD (for the second time today)

5. NEWS ALERT
    U.S. to Lead Effort to Curb Authoritarians’ Access to Surveillance Tools

The U.S. plans to work with other countries to limit exports of surveillance tools and other technologies that authoritarian governments can use to suppress human rights, an alleged practice in China.

They’re banning the FBI, NSA & CIA from having them? Excellent…oh they mean the other authoritarians.

6. The epidemic of lies from large parts of the white-coat class is worse than the epidemic of Covid.

Their lack of curiosity astounded me, particularly as I always thought that attribute was a “given” for the scientific mind.

7. Dover,
    Can I suggest another quote be added to the revolving list?

“However, as there are limited safety data, full registration of the vaccine will only be given after extended safety monitoring, which will take several years” – Australian National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance

8. As I discovered on the weekend, the white coat class heartily believe the lies and regurgitate them as articles of faith.

Medics aren’t scientists, calli. Some scientists have done work which had implications for medicine, and the medics fought it every inch of the way. Like washing their hands between delivering babies or sawing off legs. They took a lot of persuading about germs.

9. When Trump first tested positive for COVID, what’s the bet they did 100 cycles.
    He then tested negative.
    Then tested posted a week or so later.

All PCR results should come with the cycles used.

10. “1) has lost it;
    2) is a filthy fucking liar.”

He’s both…meanwhile the MSM are running cover for him.

What a disgraceful world we live in.

11. That plagiarism shows how dumb he is, that he thought people wouldn’t recognise in living memory, speeches by famous politicians.
    And a lily livered liar.

12. When I said “white coat”, I was referring to one genuine scientist (Pharma) and one medic. A mass of higher degrees including a PhD.

No discipline is pure, none escape the scourge of “woke” and the pressures of relentless propaganda.

I’m just thankful that I was born with an extra dollop of curiosity and wonder at the world. And because I inhabit a lower circle of academic achievement, my questions can be dismissed as uninformed and innocent, which places me conveniently below the radar.

13. There’s a new app set up specifically to harvest the data of Christians worldwide called Glorify.
    Don’t fall for it.
    The ecosystem it comes out of is pure evil.

On par with the ecosystem the “COVID safe” app came out of.
    Remember that?
    The bald farker from the newscorp universe: “just download the app so we can put COVID behind us”.
    That was early to mid 2020.

14. “Biden just said he was in Israel during the Six Day War.”

Just like the Sniffer in Chief lied when he said a few months ago how he visited the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh after the murders in 2018.

Fact check: he didn’t. Donald and Melania Trump as well as other members of the Trump family (Ivanka and Jared) visited the synagogue and hospital after the murders.

But the MSM don’t like the truth.

15. Rick, how’s the missus?

Getting better, sleeping a lot.

Little bloke granted a week off home schooling so we’ve been working our projects while she’s been resting.

16. provided the individual ‘takes reasonable precautions’ to prevent HIV transmission.”

The only practical “reasonable precaution” would be not to have sex?

17. I see the freedom movement is moving it’s focus to silent protests (no signs, no singing, no speeches) at state Governor’s residences.

I get the sense over here in the West that the vaxxed are getting really pissed about continuing border restrictions etc.

18. Also, they knew I was getting a lot of my questions from “unapproved” sources. Why? Because when I did get an answer, I asked extra questions.

One thing they agreed on, though.

Stop testing the asymptomatic. It’s meaningless.

19. Dec 1 (Reuters) – A U.S. judge has dismissed a $10 billion lawsuit against McDonald’s Corp (MCD.N) by the media entrepreneur Byron Allen, who accused the fast-food chain of racial discrimination for not advertising with Black-owned media.

Allen also said McDonald’s spent just 0.3% of its $1.6 billion U.S. ad budget in 2019 with Black-owned media though Blacks represent 40% of fast food customers, an allocation that reflected “racial animus and racial stereotyping.”

20. Maybe making protestors out of FIFOs who are locked out of their jobs was a tactical mistake by Emperor Sneakers.
    They’re hi viz.
    They’ve got a lower BMI and a higher centre of gravity than the plod.
    They know how to speak loud and stuff.
    And they’re quite used to hanging around doing bugger all for weeks at a time, both on the site and on the swing shift.

21. If the WIFOs join the picket line, holy f#ck better not try to push around those high-maintenance harridans.

I would imagine the blokes would be much the same.

22. There’s a new app set up specifically to harvest the data of Christians worldwide called Glorify.
    Don’t fall for it.
    The ecosystem it comes out of is pure evil.

Why does this remind me of the Nazis accessing the meticulous Dutch census records after the 1940 invasion to find out who was Jewish?

23. Great news, Victorians – now that the grotesque deformed jug eared imbecile’s enabling act has passed through that windbag shitshop, you can all have a bex and a good lie down. Once you’ve awoken you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about.

So says one of the loathsome “independent” deadshits bought off or blackmailed to enable that obscene act’s passage.

You know what to do tomorrow – several hundred thousands in the streets of Melbourne, raising merry hell.

Never forget, never forgive.

24. Let’s all hope they drag the FIFO abandoned kids along too, to spend some quality outdoors time with the breadwinners over the school holidays.
    Man, the kids can be ungovernable. Mum’s got losta cash, face fillers and a generous pour of SSB by 5 PM. NDND as the nursing staff used to tactfully jot down: No Dad, No Discipline.

25. The latest propaganda weapon from the Andrews regime, which the news media is dutifully spreading: protests against the regime are “superspreading” events.

Twenty nine protestors have caught Kung Flu, shrieks the credulous idiot on the racing station RSN reading the Andrews government press release — as if 29 people aren’t among the thousand or so daily cases being reported in the daily media chook feed.

Journalists are the enemy of the people. They loathe you. Because they know better. Because they think you’re too dumb to vote.

26. The latest propaganda weapon from the Andrews regime, which the news media is dutifully spreading: protests against the regime are “superspreading” events.

27. I always marvel that antiDan protests are superspreading events but Extinction Rebellion ones aren’t, nor are AFL games or tennis matches.

virus loves deplorables

28. Is there a protest on in Melbourne tomorrow?
    I’ve seen nothing about it.
    To be honest, I’d be ok if there weren’t.
    No offence Rabz, I get the desire to maintain the pressure. However I’m wondering whether, without a specific focus like a forthcoming Parliamentary vote, it may be difficult to sustain people’s disciplined reorganisation of their lives Saturday after Saturday, especially those who travel in from well out of town. Very much the wrong message would be sent if the protests continued but gradually declined week on week. People might then start to lose heart, and the politicians would say (and worse still maybe believe) that it had all blown over.

29. And in other news, people are politically more content. Professor Scott believes that shooting unarmed protesters with bean-bag rounds is having an effect

Nothing like a bean bag to the head to capture the heart and mind.

30. Dec 1 (Reuters) – A U.S. judge has dismissed a $10 billion lawsuit against McDonald’s Corp (MCD.N) by the media entrepreneur Byron Allen, who accused the fast-food chain of racial discrimination for not advertising with Black-owned media.

pandemic of madness

31. The Minnesota case is an adult male who lives in Hennepin County and had been vaccinated, officials said. He attended the Anime NYC 2021 convention at the Javits Center from Nov. 19-21. It’s not clear what else he may have done in New York City during his visit, but he developed mild symptoms on Nov. 22 and was tested for COVID two days later, officials said. His symptoms have since resolved.

never mind it’s mild, lockdown now!

32. Get to the Melbourne protests while you can because when this permanent pandemic Bill becomea law, there will be no more protests allowed, under heavy $ penalties. (Except for things like BLM etc).

33. Biden just said he was in Israel during the Six Day War.

And bombarded with rusty razor blades hurled by pommaded serbo-croatian snipers while he was attempting to deplane (de plane, de plane!).

34. Tudge’s staffer tart is clearly upset that she’s not the next Vikki Campion.

The extramartial porking ended Tudge’s marriage, but clearly he decided she wasn’t trade-up material. So she watched, waited for the most opportune time (for her), and BAM.

Have a look at the footage of the pair of them walking into a reception dinner or somesuch. There she is, right next to the meal ticket, leetle red dress operating and a ‘cat got the cream’ smirk all over her moosh.

Watch her presser. ‘I don’t remember anything after going into the bar. Then I was nekkid in the cot with him, and he kicked me in the hip area (how a horizontal person lying right next to another horizontal person can kick that person in the hip escapes me) and he said ‘Get the fuck out of my bed’.

All Tudge did was refute her version of events, rather than say ‘she was being a shitfaced pest and a general embarrassment all night. No, I should not have given her my key, because all she did was wake me up in the middle of the night poking my ear and telling me to tell my wife or she’d do it, so I told her to get the fuck out’.

Fox was right. The truth will set you free.

35. The small number of flying ducks who do understand scientific thinking are a rare breed.

Dr Malcolm Kendrick is another.

Went to GP for routine 6 monthly prescription renewal and burn off a solar keratosis a couple of days ago. Not a word about the clot shot.

36. Merkel has been farewelled with “a torchlight parade”

Oh. I didn’t know she was dead. East Cherman Intelligence must have finally caught up.

37. rickw, I meant to get back to you on the two toy destroyers thing. You need a transmitter/receiver combination that lets you run two at a time. The R/C world has gone to 2.4 Ghz and you can run up to 100 models at a time. Check out HobbyKing.com for suitable Tx/Rx combos.

In other news I spent some time on YouTube and found all the problems with mini lathes so 4 days later the motor mount got redesigned and implemented, new drive belt with the right number of teeth, headstock, saddle and tailstock shimmed to level and everything adjusted. Next job which will need the new mill is to do the mod for easier adjustment of the compound.
    At least I now understand the thing. It has been a great learning experience, thanks.

38. Merkel has been farewelled with “a torchlight parade”

The only catching up they would have wanted to do was to award her a meritorious service award. She was a bitter dead ender stay behind to exact revenge on the west. Great job, Angela!

39. I’d actually accept a message “stand down but stay tuned in readiness”. Maybe a big push for a mass rally during the Australian Open when there are journalists from all over the world here.

I have to agree here. It needs a focus. If part of a global protest, fantastic.
    However, if we couldn’t shame our politicians directly into defeating the Bill, but enormous protests for the three weeks prior, continued presence isn’t likely to achieve anything further.

A change of tack is required. As you say, further embarrassing the politicians internationally might be the next step. It’s not as if we can do any further damage to our reputation as a freedom loving nation. Holding fire might be the best option, but it will take someone to make the call. It will also put the authorities on edge…let them stew in their own paranoia for a bit.

Would they shoot protestors during the Australian Open?

40. In It’s Getting to Be A Lot Like Election-time news:

Natalie Baini claims Liberal party ignored complaint about conduct of married Coalition minister

Baini claims that she was in a consensual relationship with the former minister and Reid MP Craig Laundy, whose family she had known since childhood.

She claims that she consented to the relationship because Laundy had told her that he was effectively separated from his wife, but was staying in the family home on a temporary basis for the sake of his children. She later found out this was not true and ended the relationship.

She says that once the relationship ended she was overlooked for preselection for the seat.

Absolutely incredible that in the 21st century you can no longer bonk your way to the top in the Liberal Party. What dinosaurs.

Old Faustus’s Almanac: Private parts shared with the hired help always end up in a squirrel grip.

41. Hmmm, a familiar name surfaces from the septic…

Rachelle Miller says she made her allegations about Alan Tudge not for revenge, but so that other women can be heard
    Four Corners /

By Louise Milligan

For me, and for her, it had always crystallised the nature of the power imbalance between ministers and their female staff*, and how even a consensual affair could be extremely problematic.

Ms Miller regrets having an affair with Mr Tudge.
    “It was about 4am and a morning media producer was calling about the front-page story, wanting to line up an interview with the minister,” Ms Miller said in the speech.

“I felt someone kicking the side of my hip and leg as I tried to sit up in the bed.

“It was the minister. He was furious, telling me to ‘get the f*** out’ of his bed.

“I quickly told the producer I would call her back. I then realised I was completely naked. He continued to kick me until I fell off the side of the bed and ended up on the floor.

“I searched around in the dark for my clothes.

“He was yelling at me that my phone had woken him up. He needed to get more sleep. He told me to ‘get the f*** out’ of his room and make sure that no-one saw me.”**

Mr Tudge put out a statement on Thursday saying the allegations were “wrong, did not happen and are contradicted by her own written words to me”.

A few days ago, Rachelle Miller contacted me to say that she was thinking about making a speech at parliament and that she planned to make public this allegation.***

She had finally decided she had nothing to hide because, she told me, it was the truth, it happened.

I have repeatedly heard from journalists in Canberra that Rachelle Miller was a sound political operator and a good head.****

* In general the vagina holder has the power of veto…
    ** I wish I was special, but Im a creep…I don’t care if it hurts
    I wanna have control
    I want a perfect body
    I want a perfect soul
    I want you to notice
    When I’m not around
    So fuckin’ special
    I wish I was special
    *** Who thinks Ms 7-Nilligan is telling the truth here? That there was no collusion before the ‘just called’?
    **** Not good enough to be booted out of bed apparently.

This is another 7-Nilligan hit piece with a “nyah-nyah I can do what i want” attached at the end.

42. Melbourne protests.

Because they’ll forget…

43. But what it really is is yet another “Women are shit” article where women who are failures decide its because they have vaginas, not because of any defect of their own.

magic pussy syndrome, there is no known cure

44. Facebook owner Meta Platforms has removed more than 500 accounts linked to an online disinformation network primarily based in China.

The accounts had promoted the claims of a fake Swiss biologist called “Wilson Edwards”, who alleged the US was meddling in efforts to find the origins of Covid-19.

Edwards’ comments had been widely carried by Chinese state media outlets.

However, the Swiss embassy said that it was unlikely this person existed.

Meta said in its report the social media campaign was “largely unsuccessful,” and targeted English-speaking audiences in the United States and Britain and Chinese-speaking audiences in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Tibet.

a wet market I tolds ya

45. Wheels up in the next few hours, with a sense of foreboding as to what I will find in Mongyang before I go bush.

On advice from brother, got an Uber app. Never had one before. The movies tell me all the drivers are polite, and that there may be mints.

46. Fauci must be revelling in this:

What’s in Biden’s Winter COVID plan?

Boosters for All Adults

Vaccinations to Protect Our Kids and Keep Our Schools Open

Expanding Free At-Home Testing for Americans

Stronger Public Health Protocols for Safe International Travel

Protections in Workplaces to Keep Our Economy Open

Rapid Response Teams to Help Battle Rising Cases

Supplying Treatment Pills to Help Prevent Hospitalizations and Death

Continued Commitment to Global Vaccination Efforts

Steps to Ensure We Are Prepared for All Scenarios

The Biden administration has come to view widespread adoption of booster shots as its most effective tool for combating COVID-19 this winter.

Medical experts say boosters provide enhanced and more enduring protection against COVID-19, including new variants.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has warned Americans that they may need to receive a vaccination for COVID-19 every year to protect against infection – similar to the flu shot.

Note this, too:

The president said parents came up to him at Wednesday night’s White House Hanukkah ceremony. He said parents were asking when they can get shots for three three year olds, with the government only approving shots for those over five right now.

‘Is she going to be okay?’ Biden said a parent asked about a daughter.

‘Let me say this: I strongly support the independent scientific review of vaccine uses for children under five,’ he said. But he also advised parents: ‘The best step is to vaccinate your children. Get them vaccinated.’

47. Air raid on Broome – a small film piece by the BBC

An unusual military history item – the first, and very deadly, air raid on Broome WA in 1942. This is the second biggest air raid in terms of fatalities on Australia, yet little known.

(I first researched the raid for Zero Hour in Broome, written with Peter Ingman, and published by Avonmore Books in 2012.)

Just released by the BBC:

48. Laundy had told her that he was effectively separated from his wife, but was staying in the family home on a temporary basis for the sake of his children.

Bwahahahahaha.
    Who would fall for that?
    Also, if true, Laundy being the dimmest of the family, probably couldn’t believe the line worked.

49. Tudge’s former side piece : “Do I get a book deal now?”.
    No darling, you get nothing & anyone who will look to employ you or be in a relationship with you will now drop you like a hot potato post googling your name.

50. The model also suggests COVID vaccination will prevent one death per million vaccinated kids; no deaths from myocarditis are expected

No lasting effects of swelling the heart either I suppose, and they know this how?

51. WA Premier Mark McGowan has been told white supremacist groups in the US are behind a sinister plot targeting vulnerable Aboriginal communities with misinformation on COVID-19 vaccinations.

The cheese is certainly starting to slip off of McGowans cracker.

He’s unravelling, the result of believing his own bullshit and living in the echo chamber of the ABC and parliament house.

52. I’d quarantine Canberra politicians too. Lately they seem to be carriers of a deadly disease known as fascism. Which has killed tens of millions of people over the last hundred years.

53. Vaccination is likely to prevent many more COVID cases than it is to cause a rare and nonfatal heart side effect in 5–11-year-olds

Er…myocarditis may be rare in children but it can be fatal.

Dan: If it saves just one life.

54. SA senator Alex Antic taken to COVID-19 medi-hotel to quarantine after arriving from Canberra

Indeed – Arrested for the crime of ‘suspicion of being unvaxxed’

Meanwhile, in unrelated news, the doubly vaxxed former Premier of SA, Jay Weatherill, is now ‘too sick to talk’ after catching COVID at a COVID safe social function, surrounded by ‘fully vaxxed’ people in Adelaide earlier in the week.

55. Group of 55 gym members win $80 million Powerball jackpot
    Kate Phillips and Peta RasdienThe West Australian
    Fri, 3 December 2021 7:35AM
    Comments

0:18 | Sunrise
    Current Time 0:01
    Duration 0:18

WA player wins $80 Powerball prize

The winners, who are all members at Curves gym in Beldon, chipped in $5 each for the ticket which has scooped the biggest Powerball jackpot in years.

A number of the winners were out at a Christmas dinner at an Italian restaurant in Heathridge when they found out.

One of them – the owner of the gym Sue – shared her excitement on radio Thursday morning, describing the incredible moment they realised they had won.

“A group of us ladies from my gym were out at our Christmas dinner and one of the husbands rang and said ‘hey, I think you ladies just won the lotto’ and we said, nah,” Sue told Triple M.

“So I got the ticket out and we checked the numbers and you should have seen the restaurant it went into absolute chaos… it turned to mayhem.”

56. Jo Nova has a piece about the awful WHO wanting to kick off a new treaty so that all nations can be made toe the line on Pandemics as well as climate. Just what we need, another supra-national clusterferk of power hungry political hyenas.

57. It will probably be some form of bizarro world. I haven’t been back for a couple of years. I expect it to be vaguely familiar, but not nearly what I remember.

If its anything like Perth, tumbleweeds blow down the main drags and the blankets of the homeless are regular trip hazards.

58. The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis

Big Science is part of the problem. It is propelling the technocratic juggernaut.

59. Jo Nova has a piece about the awful WHO wanting to kick off a new treaty so that all nations can be made toe the line on Pandemics as well as climate.

UN control over borders, lockdowns and medical supplies.

Afaik, South Africa has had zero deaths and zero hospitalisations due to omicron.

Dr. Ted Ross wants to set up a world government on the back of a virus that is no worse than the common cold.

60. Even though Maximum Leader has you in the bag, you can still remind a future Liberal Government (yes, yes I know) that they promised to repeal the whole thing.

That’s a worthwhile objective Dr F, even though the Coalition getting elected in Victoria and then keeping a promise to its base is less likely than winning Tatts two weeks in a row.
    The question is the taxtics.

61. Even if it were possible to sustain mass protests week after week, “familiarity breeds contempt” might kick in.

In Melbourne’s newsrooms that is altready in effect.

The demonstrations get larger every weekend. The news coverage gets smaller.

62. Air raid on Broome – a small film piece by the BBC

Excellent.

I admit, I was very surpised to learn that so many Australian sites had been attacked during WW2. There was little information available in Broome when we were there 10 years ago, but we learnt much from Adelaide River and Darwin.

Thanks for posting, TE.

63. “Ursula Van Der Leyen, the head of the EU commission, told the press on Wednesday that she is in favour of scrapping the long-standing Nuremburg Code and forcing people to get vaccinated against COVID”.

Some people just go to far and then wonder why get threats…

64. Even if it were possible to sustain mass protests week after week

The worst possible outcome is for it to peter out gradually.

We saw it happen with the Tradies, and if it happens now (and it will) it will only encourage the politicians. After three weeks solid, even my colleagues need a week or two to take care of a few personal things. The numbers will decline, and whilst the anger might not, it will give the wrong impression, and be counter productive.

65. The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis

They’re conflating a lot of issues there.
    Kids have always got it…they aren’t negatively impacted by it. What benefits are they comparing to the Risks of Myocarditis? Less lockdowns?
    And…since when has the jab stopped anyone getting it?

FMD (third today)

66. Hooray! Jamie Kah is back at the races at 3.05pm this arvo after her three-month ban for violating the fascist Victorian regime’s insane lockdown earlier this year when she attended a party after the mad 9pm curfew. She’s on the favourite in the fourth at Mornington.

67. In “the gun went off” news, here’s a piece too good to leave at Instapundit.

Look, Alec, I get that you’re absolutely gutted by this.

I could be convinced that you legitimately believe that you did not pull the trigger. Our brains… our egos… will tell us some amazing lies in order to protect our id. Even though I think you’re a huge asshole, on some basic human to human level, I feel bad for you, because this is obviously a horrible experience.

But guns, and most specifically Colt Single Action Armies and their clones, do not work that way.

If it were some striker-fired semiauto, we could concoct some bizarre and cosmically unlikely hypothetical whereby the sear broke at the same time as the aliens from planet Zoltar beamed the firing pin safety out of the gun, but not on that smokewagon you were holding. You had to at least manually cock the hammer on that replica hogleg while pointing it at someone.

68. The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis

These people are fucking insane. The Pfizer trial data submitted to the FDA released under FIOA showed that a mortality rate as bad as 1:40 was possible. WTF.

69. Jeebus — making kangaroo jerky for my daughter’s pooch (’cause it’s $96 a kilo at the vet!!). It’s in the dehydrator out in the garage … and I can even smell it here, inside, in my study. It reeks!!

Riiight next to the pineapple.

70. If it were some striker-fired semiauto, we could concoct some bizarre and cosmically unlikely hypothetical whereby the sear broke at the same time as the aliens from planet Zoltar beamed the firing pin safety out of the gun,

Yep, that’s plausible. In the 1920s there was a pistol called the Ortgies that did this a few times just sitting in people’s pockets. Hence we see engineered hazard reductions in the, what, … 100 years since.

BTW, like many apparently I had never heard this ‘shout COLD GUN’ procedure for declaring safety. Has anyone here read or heard of it apart from on this set?

71. Not so funny.

On the other hand, it is Ushi van der Karenhair suggesting this.
    That powerful wahman who sent the Bundeswehr off to a war-game with
    painted broomsticks, because all the real boomsticks were broken.

72. Witches hats, onion bag and rent-a-fence form the underlying theme of the decor.

You get better rates if you opt for the ten year lease.

Stupid me. Should have added the ‘FOR LEASE’ signs in 40% of all retail windows.

73. Ursula Van Der Leyen, the head of the EU commission, told the press on Wednesday that she is in favour of scrapping the long-standing Nuremburg Code

She’s a German fascist. I can see why she might not like the Nuremburg Code.
    Ein Volk, ein Vax, ein Führer!

74. Ursula Van Der Leyen, the head of the EU commission, told the press on Wednesday that she is in favour of scrapping the long-standing Nuremburg Code and forcing people to get vaccinated against COVID

You have to wonder, a code that was agreed upon to stop the worst excesses of medicine as practiced under a brutal shithead totalitarian regime and at no stage has any wise mong in the EU thought “If what we are doing is violating the code, then maybe we shouldnt do it”.

Its enough to drive a man to mememaking.

75. Aaron:

“I’m of the firm opinion that the two posts – head of government and leader of the party with the most votes in Austria – need to be quickly united in a single hand,” Schallenberg said.

Isn’t this the equivalent of Germany’s 1933 Enabling Laws?

76. rickw, I meant to get back to you on the two toy destroyers thing. You need a transmitter/receiver combination that lets you run two at a time. The R/C world has gone to 2.4 Ghz and you can run up to 100 models at a time. Check out HobbyKing.com for suitable Tx/Rx combos.

Which lathe did you get? I’m going to do a batch of 30NB upgrade spindles for them before I move the big lathe. If you have a direct drive model with a 4” chuck this will work for you. I also have a neat fix for the excessive feed rate that works for most models.

77. You know whats funny.
    There is probably some glowie sitting in a FBI/ASIO/signals directorate trying to crack the “lathe code” on this site full of garage natzis.

“30NB upgrade spindles, hmmm, that could be a code for a 303 converted to full auto”????

78. Breaking: Two Years and 5.2 Million Deaths Later Chinese Doctors Admit They Have the Antibody That Can Neutralize All Strains of COVID.

i have to admit to a large degree of scepticism.
    Will they want us all now to to inject ourselves with a Chinese antibody that they’ve denied having for years?
    They can just piss off.

79. Better to call a deliberate pause to allow people to recharge and take care of built up household chores. That way it doesn’t come across as a weakening of resolve.
    Why not take a ‘well earned break’ like all of the ABC presenters who will be Back in March, refreshed with new levels of condescension.

80. Bruce, you don’t have to pull that ‘its for a mate of a family member’ disclaimer. Its kind of DIY Australian Anchovy, and we know you are going to put it on pizza.
    Riiight next to the pineapple.

LOL

81. Even if it were possible to sustain mass protests week after week, “familiarity breeds contempt” might kick in.

The contemporary Australian political process absolutely depends on the Voter Goldfish model.

If you can survive the first days/ weeks of any shock-horror imbroglio, you can hope that it will have sunk gently back into the ooze at the bottom of the cesspit.

It’s the job of the ‘media-as-political-agent’ to ensure that these turds are strategically resurfaced at opportune moments.
    Or stay firmly buried.

82. Nancy Wakeisms.

This one?

I have only one thing to say: I killed a lot of Germans, and I am only sorry I didn’t kill more.

[on not having affairs during World War II] And in my old age, I regret it. But you see, if I had accommodated one man, the word would spread around, and I would have had to accommodate the whole damn lot.

83. Jo Nova has a piece about the awful WHO wanting to kick off a new treaty so that all nations can be made toe the line on Pandemics as well as climate. Just what we need, another supra-national clusterferk of power hungry political hyenas.

And that’s why, seemingly the whole world’s elites were trying to get rid of Trump.
    He understands their game and is willing to play against them.

84. Jeebus — making kangaroo jerky for my daughter’s pooch (’cause it’s $96 a kilo at the vet!!). It’s in the dehydrator out in the garage … and I can even smell it here, inside, in my study. It reeks!!
    Riiight next to the pineapple.

Haha. My wife bought our dog a kangaroo tail bone which he happily trotted thru our house and dropped behind the couch. When I enquired as to ‘ WTF is that smell?’ Was then duley informed, scolded and received the quiet treatment for 2 weeks. It’s ok though I am serving this penance concurrently with several other misdemeanours. Allows me to get on with my Netflix and blogging in peace.

85. To the Perth Cats who are interested in lathes. (I know zip about them.) There’s a dude has an (old) one for sale on Northern Suburbs Marketplace.

It just says “Old lathe good for parts AL-340A” and has photos.

It may be of use.

86. Sis and BiL had “New Australians” (SE Asian) neighbours in the ACT – home made fish sauce produced in bulk for extended family – what a way to bring “character” to an entire apartment block.

You haven’t lived until you’ve walked into a house where goat’s offal is being boiled up.

It was overseas, though…

87. It just says “Old lathe good for parts AL-340A” and has photos.

It may be of use.

Mmmm! Right size and new enough to find parts. Sadly, it needs so much that you would save buying a new one.

Reminds me that since my little lathe went to another partner’s workshop, I have filled the floor space reserved for it.

88. It just says “Old lathe good for parts AL-340A” and has photos.

It may be of use.

Don’t be to scared of the rust, relatively bright red so hasn’t been that way for to long. Big question is where’s the tailstock? D1-4 spindle nose, 40NB spindle nose. H&F can probably still get you parts for it, it may even still be a current model.

89. The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis

Leaving aside the strong assumptions about the known unknown health effects on small children, the Scientific American piece actually strays across the key sensitivity in the modelling:

Very hard to justify a briskly confident “Far Outweigh” conclusion from modelling:

• which is based on no real data;
    • shows an inconclusive benefit; and
    • scenario testing that shows the opposite outcome.

In any other technical environment, anyone trying to support a risky proposal with major consequences on that basis would be shown the door.
    Toot sweet.

(Disclaimer: Filthily vaccinated, COW, Whore to Socialism, awaiting certain death, etc etc.)

90. The first ‘covid death’ in the NT.

A late 70s, heavily comorbid indig woman from a community outside Katherine. Got it in quarantine from Howard Springs, shipped to RDH where she dropped off the perch. No ICU. No ventilators.

Just doing what comorbid old people who don’t look after themselves do, but it will be viewed as Armageddon by what passes for government here.

I’m 30 minutes out from boarding. Just give me that half hour.

91. FDA researchers also modeled the risk-benefit tradeoff for vaccinating kids under higher and lower rates of COVID transmission and hospitalization. Under the lower-transmission scenario, the risks of myocarditis from vaccination could potentially exceed the benefits of vaccination, especially for males.

The FDA should STFU until the can explain the mortality rate from the Stage 1 trial of Pfizer.

My view is that Pfizer has the winning combination of being morally bankrupt and technically incompetent.

92. My wife bought our dog a kangaroo tail bone which he happily trotted thru our house and dropped behind the couch.

Our (late) dog performed a DIY version of this trick with a well-aged possum corpse.

Luckily we don’t have carpets.

93. UN control over borders, lockdowns and medical supplies.

The UN, a group of 193 unelected elites answerable only to whoever appointed them or bought their appointment, wants to set up a world government.

What could possibly go wrong?

94. That little shit who did the latest US school shooting is a real piece of work and so are his parents. As soon as the mongrel was arrested he demanded a lawyer and the parents have refused to cooperate. The gun he used was only bought by the father a few days before. The videos of him show a real methodical, emotionless person. Apparently he will be tried as an adult, so the death penalty will be on the books:

95. The UN merely pushes the agenda of the US establishment.

It operates from and is largely funded by the United States.

This. People need to stop talking about communism as if it’s still the 70s. As Darren Beattie says, the enemy is the Global American Empire. It’s technocratic, managerial, and supranational. It’s an ideology of power. Communism was only ever an iteration, global American Empire is a newer iteration, but technocracy is the form.

96. The UN merely pushes the agenda of the US establishment.

It operates from and is largely funded by the United States.

That rather depends on who is driving the train. This article, from the ‘United Nations University’, illustrates the international socialist panic when Trump was elected.

The UN in the Era of Trump

97. The “flog” was clearly someone who will line up quite happily for booster #359 and say “thank you government for keeping me safe”.

He’ll look like a zombie, but he’ll be happy.

98. John of Melsays:
    December 3, 2021 at 12:46 pm

He understands their game and is willing to play against them.

Trump stated “they aren’t after me, they are after YOU.”

99. From my post in Arky’s latest thread, a prelude to a few songs by our greatest living psalmist & in case I got the Arky thread rules wrong (I am claiming recent hospital & new human & dog baby pain & sleep deprived brain), I am kind of driven by something to share this –

Can’t buy, sell or trade without accepting this thing in our bodies, whether because of mentally believing in it or simply to keep doing the work of our hands … but it does not mean we will die without it … interesting times indeed.

Strange that so many of those who were championed for filling blogs with endless tales of how they survived lives of having less than nothing, great cruelties & injustices, to end up with lives rich in every way, have gone away & gone quite.

I have no doubt that just as there were those who looked down at others for not, ‘doing whatever it takes’, to climb out of poverty and become wealthy, when previous class systems broken open a little here & there, there will be those who got themselves & all their babies & children jabbed up regularly who will, ‘do very well, thank you’, and also look down on those who, ‘chose to take themselves out of the new, post Covid economy’.
    I believe they will also believe all the excuses & lies they’re told for the new ‘bothers’ of modern living … just like people believe all the explanations they’re given for the now common childhood cancers, deadly allergies etc.

Meanwhile, good plumbing, clean food & water, active labour, care for community & wise husbandry etc., just as we were taught from The Old Testament, still keep missing out on the credit it deserves for strong & healthy populations, who’s worldly overlords keeps insisting we have to keep thanking those, (now proven time & again), unethical to the point of evil, healers & magicians, err, men of medicine & science, for.

Yep, we’re definitely in an interesting chapter of this, Greatest Story Ever Told.

OLD (with lyrics) –

THE AFTERLIFE

YOU’RE THE ONE (with lyrics)

100. Thanks Eyrie, I got a 2.4 GHz transmitter / receiver set from the CCP. Will convert one to that and leave the other on 27MHz.

Good solution and cheaper than buying two. With any luck the Rx interface to servo is standard R/C 20 msec repetition rate with 1 to 2 msec range for the pulses.

My mini lathe is made by Mingxi and is the ZX 7*14 model. Now that it is all lined up it should work well for me. I did successfully use it before the upgrade for a few parts.
    It uses a 420mm x 5mm toothed belt 10mm wide. Does that count as direct drive?
    I think you sent me the feed rate fix stuff a while ago.

101. A group of 55 northern suburbs gym goers in Perth have won $1.5 million each after their syndicate won the $80 million Powerball on Thursday night.

Perth gym scene must be different to the Sydney gym scene.
    You wouldn’t trust someone you met at a Sydney gym with your real name, let alone a lottery syndicate.
    Watch this one blow up.

102. In late November, without warning, the Chinese government imposed a hefty fine and recovered taxes amounting to approximately $74.2 million US dollars in total on a Taiwanese company operating in China.

Just another bunch of government thugs running a protection racket. It is what governments everywhere do.

103. In a previous life, I graduated from university as an actor with an associate diploma in theatre arts. Thankfully, it cured me of the idiotic desire to perform for strangers in a darkened room.

So it now sickens me to see a paid liar like Alec Baldwin, whose only professional skill is emoting on demand, “breaking down” for the cameras and denying he shot and killed a cinematographer on the set of the moving he was acting in when he admits the gun went off in his hands.

In other words, he’s trying to trick leftard idiots into believing he’s not guilty of manslaughter – in advance of any trial.

Baldwin is doing what every US Democrat has decided is the best way of avoiding justice – to buy, intimidate or otherwise influence the judge or jury.

104. I graduated from university as an actor with an associate diploma in theatre arts.

Damn, you would have been scoring left, right & centre you sonofabitch.

105. Paging DOT

How true do you reckon this is?:

A GLIMMER OF HOPE- the federal government passed legislation to cancel / override state laws. They have already said if this pandemic bill passes in Victoria (which it did today) they would look at cancelling it. They have already done so with the Andrews governments dodgy ‘belt and road’ bill last year.

Please also email the Attorney General Micahaelia Cash and her assistant the Hon. Amanda Stoker to uphold their positions of power and cancel the bill. (Amanda Stoker is already on record as having said she would cancel it if it went through).

the Hon. Amanda Stoker- senator.stoker@aph.gov.au

the Hon. Michaelia Cash- senator.cash@aph.gov.au

Let’s keep praying against this evil bill and pray for God to use an unexpected politician even at this late stage of parliamentary process!
    Thank you.

106. In late November, without warning, the Chinese government imposed a hefty fine and recovered taxes amounting to approximately $74.2 million US dollars in total on a Taiwanese company operating in China.

they even made in clear in a press conference that if you want to make money in china, you tow the line or else.

107. feelthebern says:
    December 3, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Damn, you would have been scoring left, right & centre you sonofabitch.

So true and that’s all that counts in your 20s.

Meanwhile the aussie is taking it up the rear.

108. Perhaps the best obituary for Christian Kerr was written 17 years ago. It also dates me, as I was subscribed to the Crikey mailing list in this era (never becoming paid up, though) before moving on to Bolt’s pre-blog letters-to-the-columnist page, Blair and The Cat. H/T.

Crikey! Name behind column comes clean on dishing dirt
    July 4, 2004 — 10.00am

It started as an idea to expose what was going on behind the scenes in politics and the media.

It was fomented over a drink in a pub in Sydney with maverick Victorian journalist Stephen Mayne. It was named after an identity used by James Bond. And it became Australia’s most notorious tell-all political column.

Featured on the Crikey.com.au site since 2000, Hillary Bray’s funkily written grab-bag of tidbits, gossip and stories has caused blow-ups, political pile-ups, shunnings and shamings.

The curiosity about the well-placed gossip columnist took on a life of its own. A string of hapless politicians, staffers, journalists and others stood accused of being Hillary Bray, while others devoted time and resources to the quest.

Leads pointed to someone well connected in the Liberal Party, the press gallery, or maybe a lobbyist. Everyone had a theory.

Now the real Hillary has drawn up his 188-centimetre frame and confessed to The Sunday Age, telling a remarkable story of political pressure that took him to the bottom of the bottle and out again.

Backroom boy Christian Kerr, 39, former staff member to a string of federal Liberals and a premier, has spent four years stirring the political and media world with a constant stream of delicious and sometimes highly vicious gossip.

Writing runs in the blood. He comes from three generations of journalists, and by 14 was seriously interested in the confrontational tactics of punk rock, political image-making and getting a grounding in the mix of satire, gossip and investigative journalism by reading Britain’s Private Eye.

Kerr calls himself “a weird Liberal – an economic dry who needed the social dimension”. He did stints as a party office-bearer, worked for a string of moderates and in campaign headquarters in the 1996 federal election.

A former employer, Senator Robert Hill, earns the rating of “a secular saint”, his time with Senator Amanda Vanstone was “terribly frustrating”. Advising former South Australian premier John Olsen was “soul-destroying stuff”.

Despite the excitement of the work, the pressures started mounting. A social drug habit (a bit of ecstasy, a bit of cocaine) had morphed into the beginnings of an alcohol problem as he got caught up in more compromise.

“On the surface I was pretending to be cool and unrattled,” he said. “I wore a double-breasted suit, french cuffs and a f–k-you tie during the day.” He wasn’t alone. He said any number of staff members were out of their depth, under pressure to make major decisions, not necessarily with the skills to do so.

The answer was: “Don’t worry, have another glass of red”, living on wine and takeaway at night in order to cope during the day.

He started suffering depression and “huge self-doubt” in a world where, he says: “There are no support mechanisms”.

By 1999 he was sick, burnt-out, disillusioned, and he left. In that mood he told journalist and former Jeff Kennett press secretary Mayne that he hated what Mayne was doing on the jeffed.com site, but “loved the way it was said. It was erratic, passionate and took enormous courage”.

The spin and the sheer amount of information kept from the public and understated by the media concerned them both.

Mayne offered Kerr the job as Crikey’s political gossip columnist. By then he had a corporate affairs position, so he had to take the Crikey job anonymously.

It was, he said, “a bit of a lark – I wasn’t doing anything else Sunday afternoons”. From the moment the column appeared with an email address dangling tantalisingly at the end, the gossip came flying in – from ministers, CEOs, insiders and outsiders.

Kerr used his extensive knowledge to add information and pull it together with devastating effect.

Virtually nothing was off limits – personal and lobbying relationships, spin and damage control were laid bare.

“Hillary became a grotesque caricature,” said Kerr. “She used too much alliteration, her style was tabloid infused with pop culture and historical references. She became a monster.”

Two years into it, he said, Hillary was almost out of control. While the information was pouring in, the columns were pouring out, he was pouring down the grog. “I think you will find there are enough journalists who do that,” he said. “Hillary was a manifestation of how unhappy I was.”

Kerr had “absolutely hit the wall” trying to cure anger and disillusionment with both the bottle and the pen.

Mayne pulled his star columnist up during the hard times and was, said Kerr, “incredibly supportive”. Kerr went teetotal about 15 months ago – “there were only two ways I could go”.

He does have regrets – losing himself, hurting some people with stories and the isolation.

“I did Hillary because I had a lack of belief in myself – that is why I am coming out now.”

Some stories under the byline were not his, some were wrong.

Kerr said he did not knowingly publish anything that was untrue, though asking if a senator had ordered Campari in a rural pub recently was a margin call.

Drawing on the speech Robert Kennedy gave the night Martin Luther King was shot, Kerr said his motivating factor was unpacking politics and shaking out the secrets and lies.

“It’s terribly important to me,” he said. “It’s what politics can be unspun.”

Coming out is not the end of Hillary Bray. But Kerr said he was relieved to have reclaimed himself.

He is doing a masters degree in politics at Adelaide University and, after being described as Australia’s most feared columnist, has decided to take a tilt at mainstream journalism.

Now that’s scary.

109. The constitution overrides state law anyway.
    Something scomo shat on along time ago.
    It would have prevented alol thgis, and there are supreme constitutional Laws banning what Daniels has done.
    The Victorian laws, are constitutionally invalid, because quarantine can only be practiced by the feds and you can’t coerce vaccines either.
    So pray tell good citizen, what is Sco mo introducing a law for?

This is called theatre.

110. You’re a constitutional lawyer now, Struth?

Why?
    I went to school and can read English.
    It’s not efan gort big words or nuffink like that an it’s rool easy ‘n that.

111. Omicron overcooked my poached egg this morning.

I hate it when it does that.

It’s about to ruin the Beloved’s golf.

In league with Flannery for sure.

112. Watched Aussie movie ‘Mystery Road’ last night, because someone near and dear was peripherally involved in the prequel being filmed near Kalgoorlie now.
    Interesting. To start with I thought it was going to be pretty ABC-ish, but actually there was a lot going for it.
    In the end the shitty reality of life for many substance-affected white, aboriginal and mixed families was not too badly represented.
    And the gunfight at the end! Bloody stupidity portrayed as bloody stupidity, a really fitting wrap to the rest of the story.

113. Dover0Beach:

I’m interested in your theory but don’t see how it becomes a Global American Empire.
    A partitioning of the world into two empires I can understand, even three or four:
    North America
    Asia
    Europe
    Could you expand on this please?

114. Tell us who can change the constitution JC.
    The people or the judiciary?
    Who’s owns it really?
    If the people can read it in plain English yet the corrupt government interpreters decide to interpret it another way, who really gets the final say?
    It’s what I’ve been saying all along, the sheeple are way too easily told they have no right in reading and interpreting the contract between the people and the government…a contract that only the people can change, proving who is really supposed to be in charge.
    You have the heart of a mouse JC.
    “da government told me I was too dumb to read it and understand it, so I leave it up to them to interpret it’.
    FMD.

115. It shows much misrepresentation and disrespect for the reality of outback policing and the disciplined people who do it. Also cartoonish flat characters for far-out rural white people.

And in a special for you struth, they tried to blame mysterious ‘truckies’ for murdering an aboriginal girl who was ‘on the game’ to be ‘on the gear’.

116. Professor Struth, explain to those of us lacking in your expertise on constitutional law , this statement :

117. It uses a 420mm x 5mm toothed belt 10mm wide. Does that count as direct drive?

Sounds like it is, only has one lever over the back for changing feed direction? No second one directly on the back of the headstock for high and low range?

118. She’s kind of cute too.

Madrid

Isabel Díaz Ayuso became something of a culinary sensation earlier this year. At least one restaurant named a pizza after the Spanish politician and leader of the Madrid regional government. Ms. Díaz Ayuso’s face also appeared on the label of an artisanal beer. Then there are Ayuso-style papas, which come with extra eggs; huevos is a Spanish slang term that means, roughly speaking, “guts.”

What prompted these tributes was Ms. Díaz Ayuso’s common-sense approach to Covid-19.

Ms. Díaz Ayuso, 43, was sworn in as president of the Community of Madrid—analogous to a U.S. state governor—in August 2019. By February 2020 the novel coronavirus was spreading throughout Spain. The country quickly became among the hardest hit in the world, with Madrid at the center of the crisis. In March 2020 the regional government ordered the closure of schools and most shops before the central government did so nationally.

“We were the region that warned the rest of Spain that we had to act against Covid because no decisions were being made,” Ms. Díaz Ayuso tells me in Spanish during a recent interview. “The first wave was very hard.” Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez soon ordered a “state of alarm” restricting movement throughout the country. It lasted 98 days.

“It is true that back then nothing was known about Covid,” she continues. “I believe that the difference in management comes after the second, third wave, when one must have learned.” Over the spring of 2020 cases fell and some sense of normality returned in much of Spain by summer. But as fall approached, the number of cases rose again. “When everyone was asking to close, with no alternatives, we decided to go against the virus, not the people.”

I arrived in Madrid in October 2020, fleeing an impending lockdown in Germany, and stayed until April. Bars often seemed as full as they were during pre-pandemic visits, and the city center was buzzing with holiday shoppers. I visited offices filled with workers. Playgrounds echoed with the sounds of schoolchildren at play. Meantime, Catalonia’s regional government shut down its bars in mid-October, while in November the Valencian government imposed stringent capacity restrictions on churches, restaurants and stores. Countries like the U.K., France and Germany also imposed lockdowns and stay-at-home orders of varying severity.

The hospitality industry—one of Spain’s most economically and socially important—flourished in Madrid. Earlier this year it became the Spanish region with the most hospitality workers, beating out Andalusia and Catalonia, which are more populous. “What makes me proud is to think that we have been one of the most punished regions in Europe and the world by the pandemic’s first wave,” Ms. Díaz Ayuso says. “Now it has become the opposite, and that shows you the character of the citizen who comes to live in Madrid.”

The Spanish capital wasn’t Florida. Some restrictions remained, including a curfew, neighborhood-based controls on movement, and a mask mandate, strangely even outdoors. I recall often walking through uncrowded streets with a mask on, only to remove it to eat once seated in a busy restaurant. Though locals sometimes described dodging targeted lockdowns, Spaniards seemed less resistant to masking than most. It was rare to see someone outside with an uncovered face, and plenty continued to wear masks after the mandate was narrowed to apply indoors only.

119. Labor to target inner-city Greens voters with community battery rollout

Will be delicious when the first one shorts and explodes at the end of their street. These are the same people who complain about having a electrical substation anywhere in their suburb.

120. Chrissays: December 3, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Watched Aussie movie ‘Mystery Road’ last night

Would that be the one filmed in & around Winton in central Qld?

Pretty good depiction all in all, with as you say a few ..er… parts where quite some theatrical licence is employed.
    It’d be better were Aaron Pedersen able to act .. beyond a portrayal of “angry & bitter young man”.
    He’s not so young any more, so that one role he plays is starting to turn into “bitter old coot”

121. True Crime AustraliaPolice & Courts NSW

Alleged terrorist Tuki Lawrence feared paralysed after Goulburn Supermax stand-off

Cydonee Mardon
    and
    Linda Silmalis
    less than 2 min read
    December 3, 2021 – 11:38AM
    The Saturday Telegraph
    Goulburn Supermax. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Andrew Taylor

Tuki Lawrence, 24, who is facing charges for allegedly plotting to attack police, military and Corrective Services officers, was among several inmates involved in the stand-off which sources say related to “prayer times”.

It is understood officers fired a gas canister at Lawrence, who allegedly has been linked to Islamic State sympathisers, during the exchange as he was going back to his cell.

122. But I don’t see how America would be able to impose itself as a model for the world.
    Could you expand on this please?

What do you think the Rainbow flag flying on the mast of US embassies around the world is about? The massive amounts of ‘philanthropic’ money pouring into Eastern Europe, Africa, and the like. Beattie’s work on this at Revolver.news is very good.

123. G Scale railway progress. The little bloke and I had a fair crack at it this morning. Still waiting on Bunnings to deliver our ballast and the glue to hold it down!

Looking good, Rick!

124. New series of Mystery Road is currently being filmed at Coolgardie in WA.

A crew and I had to drive up to Kalgoorlie to do a ballasting job down at Salmon Gums about 2 weeks ago, and had to do a big detour around Main Street. The place is old and semi-desert outpost, so perfect for a Western-style show like that.

125. struthsays:
    December 3, 2021 at 2:19 pm
    You can’t really deny we are living in the times that may be called the Revenge of the Nazis.

struth, if you go back to the tweet you posted, scroll down to see the standard of Oz journalism. hint, it’s not pronounced “appateed”.

126. An alleged extremist facing terrorism offences is waiting to see if he is a quadriplegic after a violent stand-off with prison officers while on remand in Goulburn’s Supermax last weekend.

How dreadfully, terribly, awfully sad! (There’s sarc in there…)

127. The constitution overrides state law anyway.

No it does not, you old fool.

The Constitution and Federation permit States to follow their own Constitutions (whether clearly enunciated in State Consitutions like NSW, or scattered between 7 or 8 separate pieces of Legislation like WA’s). Each allows for every State to act in the name of the good governance of it people. That includes Environmental regulations, health and quarantine, policing, taxation and so forth.

The only time the Federal Government can involve itself (s.51 Powers) is where a State’s planned or enacted activity will interfere with a Federal responsibility (e.g. Defence) or something that is internationally binding. The Tasmanian Dams case under Bob Hawke is a deliberately stretched example (using a UN Treaty as an excuse to interfere on behalf of Tasmanian Greens and leftwits for local political advantage).

Quarantines amd various Emergency Acts always were and are a State purview. Before any Federal legislation to harmonise or deal with international requirements (i.e. international port and airport arrivals) get brought in.

128. Aaron Pedersen was quite good in that Melbourne based Lawyer cum Detective Jack Irish thing with Guy Pierce. A few years backs I was having breakfast at a place in Bondi, he was sitting at the table next to us. He was quite amiable, talking like anyone, not up himself. I wonder now if something happened in his life to be angry now.

129. says:
    December 3, 2021 at 3:38 pm

Pauline Hanson’s Please Explain Episode 5 “Please Explain Climate Change” Guest Star #GretaThunberg

I’d vote for her for that alone.

130. rickw:

You are an awesome dad.
    Would you like to adopt me?

131. Please email Scott Morrison – form online to contact- just google ‘contact PM’- and ask him to cancel the Health and Wellbeing pandemic bill 2021.

By what mechanism would it be *cancelled*?

I can’t see them doing this, even though they have the power to do this, and in my opinion, a moral obligation.

I have a feeling Morrison would gladly join the Happiness Patrol. Stoker would be happy he was glad. Cash would be glad she’s happy.