2,956 thoughts on “Open Thread – Tues 20 Sept 2022”

1. Haha, after interfering in the 2020 election with big money Facechook is now getting worried.

With ‘Great Caution,’ Facebook Considers Lifting Trump Ban (22 Sep)

Facebook’s parent company Meta is currently weighing whether it will lift its platform ban on former President Donald Trump, and says it’s proceeding with “great caution” in its deliberations, an interview confirmed.

Nick Clegg, the current Meta president for global affairs, told Semafor on Thursday that he will ultimately be the one to decide, first talking to experts and weighing real-world effects before making a final decision.

Sounds like they think the 2022 election might be a trifle harder for the Left to steal this time. Being forced to give endless evidence before Congressional investigation committees would be quite irritating for uberelite world-saving heroes like Zuck and Clegg.

2. JCsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:04 am

You could at any time during that correspondence have asked me not to use the email address in future. But you didn’t.

You posted a derogatory comment about me on this thread, saying it was something you’d “read on another site”.
    When I asked for details of the site, you then said it was from a “confidential source”.
    Taking you at your word, I emailed you requesting that if you couldn’t disclose the details publicly on this site you disclose them privately.

Given your assiduously cultivated swaggering New York tough guy persona on this site, it never occurred to me that you’d have a meltdown because I emailed you at an address that you’d, totally unasked, freely and voluntarily disclosed to me without any conditions being imposed as to future correspondence.
    I regret that the meltdown occurred, but there’s no reason for me to apologise for having emailed. The moment you asked me to agree not to email you any more I agreed and have complied with that agreement.
    I do apologise for not having intuited the vast gulf between your onsite anonymous persona and the reality.

PS: from this moment on, whenever you try your swaggering New York tough guy antics on this site, readers will be able to contrast those antics with your performance in this matter. You reap what you sow.

3. Media making out that Putin will just use Nuclear weapons at at given moment. He had the decency to give his speech after the Queens funeral.
    Here’s the part mentioning nuclear. He will just deliver like for like.

“Nuclear blackmail was also launched. We are talking not only about the shelling of the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which is encouraged by the West, which threatens a nuclear catastrophe, but also about the statements of some high-ranking representatives of the leading NATO states about the possibility and admissibility of using weapons of mass destruction against Russia – nuclear weapons.

To those who allow themselves to make such statements about Russia, I would like to remind you that our country also has various means of destruction, and for some components more modern than those of the NATO countries. And if the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will certainly use all the means at our disposal to protect Russia and our people. It’s not a bluff.”
    Full text here.

4. Memorial of Saint Pius of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio) – 23/09/22

Padre Pio Review: Movie on mystic misses the mark

Beloved by millions of Catholics around the world for his great faith and devotion, Pio of Pietrelcina’s life of miracles and humble ministry has been the source of many conversions.

Hollywood Actor Shia LaBeouf recently opened up about his own conversion to Catholicism and how his movie role as Pio led him towards God.

5. Pro-mandate v anti-mandate is we’re the rubber meets the road.

This is something quite a few appear to have forgotten over the journey.

Those without significant debt caused by merely having a home, or presuming to school multiple children could perhaps afford to bark at literally millions of people who, if they didn’t finally get it, would lose homes, businesses and their own families in some cases.

Those people (the ‘sneerers’, let’s call them) could afford to say things like ‘purebloods’, ‘Nazi pass’ and even ‘new Jews’, and put themselves on pedestals because it didn’t affect them to the same degree.

The anti-mandate cohort are the silent majority. Back it in.

6. custard

You might balk at a younger man saying this, but this blog is a machine of the gods.

Whom they’d destroy, they first turn mad.

I have seen this blog literally drive people nuts.

Bird
    Annie
    Alice

When people with different beliefs all think you are going nuts and you refuse to accept when a hypothesis might be falsified; please step back from the brink.

You have been woken up and become open minded (that’s great), but we are worried your mind has become so open your brain is falling out.

7. Bespoke don’t forget one of us had to sell their 16ft Hartley. Oh the humanity, how will we cope. I couldn’t go to my beach house, woe is me. On the other hand the place was rented out for 4 months at top rates coz the people renting it couldn’t return to Victoria. Thanks dan. I’m not concerned about myself but the millions of people forced, coerced through manipulation and straight out lying to get jabbed.

8. custard says:
    September 23, 2022 at 7:42 am

Or is this the scare event?

Thanks, interesting site, not going to subscribe, but.
    Nothing wrong with reading widely, provided you keep an open mind and don’t treat everything as gospel, lots of cats read the Guardian, the Age and SMH.
    Keeps you informed of what the enemy is up to.

9. I have identified the Big Scare Event. Take heed, people:

There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend’s hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o’clock.

– Monty Python, Life of Brian

10. Here’s another sign.
    When a particular website feels the need to abbreviate End Of The World to an acronym – EOTW – it means they use the term frequently.
    Which means they are frequently wrong about it.
    Another tip.
    If they are saying EOTW is at 10:07 pm tonight (earlier in Perth), but are also saying “only five more days to save the Daily Cataclysm”, they might not be serious.

11. I remember reading a biography about Hungarian twins, whose parents had converted to Catholicism in the early part of the 20th Century so their father could get a public service position. The mother’s conversion was sincere, anyhow very complicated and fascinating story but the brother that ultimately became a priest was sent to Padre Pio’s monastery to convalescence from a very serious illness,when things got very sticky Padre Pio urged him to remain with him in Italy, where he survived.
    I wish I could remember the name of the book, written by the son of the other twin, the brothers having ended up in the US.
    And bother, I’ve been to Foggia and didn’t realise how close I was to San Giovanni Rotondo.

12. Did Trump sign the insurrection act whilst he was President?

What is the significance if he signed it or not?

I thought it already was pointed out the Act predated his term in public office.

He may have assented to a minor change in the Act under the US Code. Did he actually sign an executive order relating to the Act?

I don’t know.

Please explain the above to me.

No stupid quips, fuck off with that nonsense.

13. The Jimmy Dore Show
    New York has declared a state of emergency over an outbreak of polio that many fear is going to get much worse in the near future. That’s right, polio. And the reason, if you can believe it, has to do with the fact that there are two different types of polio vaccines, one that employs a dead strain of the virus and another that employs a weakened version. The latter vaccine is delivered orally, and is widely distributed in poorer, third world countries. But somehow a “vaccine-derived” form of the disease has made its way to New York and, well, all bets are off about where it goes next.

14. BTW, the fight isn’t over. Governments might be rolling back the health orders, but public service departments and corporations are still busily developing and implementing stringent Covid vaccine employment policies, which are not designed to be temporary. The fight continues. Admire those who are still punching on, unvaccinated or otherwise.

I understand Vic legislation was changed to allow employers to discriminate on vax status. I don’t know don’t know if the changes could be used to extend that discrimination further but it would not surprise me.

The anti-mandate cohort are the silent majority. Back it in.

Just hope they don’t stay too silent. Not seen too much back lash at my work where new policy requires ongoing vaccination to keep working

15. Zip

Nice work on the hydroxychloroquine link.

Like Ivermectin, it was a trusted medical drug until Trump mentioned it.

Which funnily enough the left said about vaccines (the orange “bigot” implemented operation light speed after all) until they wanted to suck off AZ and Pfizer.

16. The only way, I believe that you can explain what has been happening since the 2020 election (a coup d’état) is that Trump declared an insurrection.

And apparently you don’t have to make a proclamation about it.

17. You are correct Cassie. Biden is evil. He may be gaga but that evil is still there as it has been throughout his entire rotten life. A cheat, a bully, a compulsive liar. A pay to play corruptocrat.

18. Some time ago you sent me an unsolicited email. I’m not suggesting anything untoward, but it was “unsolicited”, which is relevant to this issue. Obviously that disclosed your email address to me.

Tim , that’s some of the most laughable nonsense I’ve read from you in a while. The email would be like lots of business dealings – they’re unsolicited. I have to look back, but I’m reasonably sure the introduction came through this blog owner as I requested he ask if you would be kind enough to exchange emails – not that it matters. I was investigating service on a tax related matter. You’ve publicly state you’re a tax attorney and thought there could be a match. I appear to have dodged a bullet.

I posted an unambiguous comment which you misread and contorted, but out of the goodness of my heart I made a correction- even after the abusive email.

Yep. I respected confidentiality. You don’t appear to, judging by your unethical conduct with the email.

There’s no meltdown. I thought about it and I’ve decided I want an apology from you posted here now. Do I really sound like a tough guy? Wow, okay. I guess it’s better sounding than a Melbourne mentally distressed guy trying to intimidate 80 year old women and generally polite lefties like Monty. I still can’t get over the reams of crap you’ve written against those two. You would be a billionaire if you were charging $1,200 bucks an hour like some tax attorney do. Not you though.

It’s been one day, so I’m only hopeful.

No problem, perhaps you should never have crossed a boundary of sending out abusive email.

Sure, people can make up there own minds. Your email was unethical.

19. “I have seen this blog literally drive people nuts.

Bird
    Annie
    Alice”

Umm, you’re missing a few names from the list.

Custard, I’m going to write something that you many not like but here it is….

DONALD J TRUMP IS NOT THE MESSIAH.

20. Who is this entitled idiot?

We’re hearing a lot of travellers were unhappy that Victorian Governor Linda Dessau somehow got lost between the Qantas chairman’s lounge and the boarding gate at Melbourne Airport on Wednesday, delaying the flight by almost 30 minutes.

Why this was even necessary completely evades us. Business class passengers are already given priority boarding.

As to the aggravating factor of Dessau’s late arrival, the notion that she was led astray en route to the gate – as suggested to Margin Call on Wednesday – sounds a little dubious, although we concede it’s amusing.

Consider that she was accompanied by two staff members and an airport worker who’d somehow been co-opted to carry her garment bag. Were they all bamboozled by the uncomplicated signage? It’s absurd.

We’ve been to Melbourne airport on a number of occasions. It’s not an engineering marvel. It’s not even close to Heathrow or the labyrinthine Charles de Gaulle with its network of train shuttles and sub-designations.

The choices are to turn left or to turn right, a task comparable in complexity to the single-track drudgery of Ikea shopping; to become lost, in either setting, is an achievement.

Excruciating as it might have been to witness, Dessau, unperturbed by the fuss, still boarded the flight ahead of everyone else. Exactly why Qantas management didn’t just let everyone onto the plane is stupid enough; their own staff were visibly appalled by the fiasco.

The airline couldn’t tell us why all of this pageantry was necessary but the Governor’s office disputed the claim there had been some tarrying in the chairman’s lounge.

In one of the most curiously worded statements we have ever been provided, a spokesman said: “Neither the Governor or her staff requested or expected any passengers to be delayed from boarding the flight. There was no delay in the Governor and her party leaving the lounge when requested to make their way to the gate.”

Oz

21. Top Endersays:

September 23, 2022 at 8:21 am

Re Big Scare Event:

this is a tad annoying, as I still have about 30 bottles of wine in the rack, and there’s no way I can drink them all by that time.

You’ve got 14 hours.
    Give it a crack.
    And who cares if your licence gets scrubbed for 12 months for .05?
    No-one will need a licence after 10:07 tonight (earlier Central Time).

22. Oh Tim, one last thing. If you think I would be intimidated in some way by your reply on this site, just get it out of your head right now. Nothing really intimidates me. Certainly not an over the hill tax attorney abusing 80 year women and running her off a blog,.

23. A guy takes his wife out for the night and they end up at a disco where there’s a guy on the dance floor giving it large – break dancing, moonwalking, back flips, every dance move going. The wife turns to her husband and says “See that guy on the dance floor? 25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down”. The husband replies “Looks like he’s still celebrating!”

24. I’m fine thanks Cassie.

My wife can’t walk with me at the moment after recovering from a medical procedure.

I’m doing everything.

And I agree with you, Donald Trump is not God, but possibly a gift from God.

25. Custard, please STOP posting your telephone number. I think many of us are rightly concerned about your mental state, step away from the keyboard and go for a walk with your wife.

All jokes aside, custard, this is good advice.
    If Big Things are, in fact, unfolding as we speak, they will happen whether you are watching 24/7 or not.
    It will all still be there Monday if you take a break (depending on the meteor track, of course).

26. Interesting article, ” Both the oral and the inactivated vaccine prevent paralysis. But they are not particularly good at preventing this kind (ingested particles) of transmission. The inactivated jab is especially bad at this. The oral vaccine’s protection against transmission is strong at first (so good for outbreaks) but is relatively short lived. America and Europe stopped using it about twenty years ago.

27. Custard

If you like to be respected – even though you’re claims are a real stretch, it would be a good idea to say your good mornings without those silly qualifications.

28. DONALD J TRUMP IS NOT THE MESSIAH.

I think he is perhaps the only person that can save the US. De Santis would not be in a position to do the type of cleanout that Trump could do and needs to do. Think of him as De Santis’s battering ram: get in, go full on, then give De Santis two terms to tidy up afterwards and put the ship back on course.

John Hinderaker has this one today, which shows just how bad things are.

Democrats Move to Criminalize Opposition | Power Line (22 Sep)

A hallmark of banana republics is that those who lose power are apt to wind up in prison, or on the wrong end of a firing squad. Even more advanced countries, like Israel, sometimes have a regrettable tendency to prosecute former political leaders.

It is hard to think of anything more destructive to a democracy, and yet the Democrats are going down that path.

Given the thorough corruption of the Department of Justice under Merrick Garland, there is a reasonable possibility that the Democrats will move to imprison both Donald Trump and other prominent Republicans. I suppose they think they are secure, because Republicans would never follow such a third-world precedent. I don’t know about that. In any event, there is a more fundamental question: are the Democrats trying to trigger a civil war, as they did in 1861? Judging from their actions, I think the question must be taken seriously.

The current path is to either a Soviet one party state or a civil war. Only shock treatment can avoid both of those outcomes, and I’m not sure it’s even possible to avoid both. But the only remotely feasible way of doing so is for Trump to do a Samson-in-the-temple job. De Santis could not do that.

29. About 200-odd passengers were left smouldering by the inconvenience and watched on, aghast, as Dessau shouldered her way to the front of the queue for the flight to Canberra, having been granted a request to board first by Qantas management.

elites uber alles

30. The tragic Cayler Ellingson killing should not be seen as a political issue.

Brandt had a blood alcohol of 0.08 and was well above the limit. This is a straight forward case of drink drive manslaughter.

All of the politicisation of it is coming from Brandt. He knows he is screwed, and is making out this is a political issue to become a Hero Of The Left™.

Given the corporate media will, no doubt, champion him, the strategy will probably work.

31. An serious conflict of interest –

On one hand, I will declare myself a staunch monarchist.

On the other, the day of mourning for her Majesty means the dividends for my holdings of BHP shares will be a day late, going into my bank account…

32. Voice to have ‘enormous’ impact on public policy: Dodson
    Jess Malcolm
    JESS MALCOLM

Special Envoy for Reconciliation Pat Dodson says a First Nations voice to parliament will have an “enormous” impact on the way public domestic and international policies work in Australia.

Senator Dodson also said the Queen’s passing would not strengthen the resolve to legislate an indigenous voice, arguing the two issues needed to be dealt with separately.

Speaking from New York where he has chaired a roundtable in Indigenous approaches to foreign policy, Senator Dodson said the nation had a great opportunity for reconciliation between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians.

“We will work towards the first step of this process (which) is the successful referendum to create a set of words that requires the government of the day to set up a voice to parliament and once that voice is placed it will have an enormous impact on the way public policy works and certainly the way international policies will work,” Senator Dodson said.

He said the Queen’s passing was a sad event, but unrelated to the government’s pursuit of a First Nations voice.

“I think it’s a very sad thing, personally the loss is a very sad thing, but it does not relieve the British crown or the Australian crown of having to deal with the legacies of colonisation, displacement and all the other policies that have affected First Nations people. It doesn’t make it any more relevant for us as a nation for dealing with a voice to parliament. That’s a priority.”

Senator Dodson labelled a number of Aboriginal MPs vocally opposed to the voice as “not very helpful” and asked whether they had any better alternatives to reconciling the nation.

Senator Dodson, allow me to point out that you still have to get your voice passed at referendum?

33. bespoke September 23, 2022 at 6:57 am
    It’s likely for most it didn’t involve a lot of lifestyle change. I’m not trying to diminish the significance but seriously get some perspective. It is nothing like being a in the French resistance or storming the Normandy breaches. All we did was not take the vax.

34. Caught 5 minutes of John Wick on FTA last night. Unwatchable at its best. The timing so slow that editing would have resulted in a much shortened scene. When Bruce Lee started in TV the scenes were slowed by 1/2 and still viewers had trouble seeing the action.

35. Trump didn’t chaotic. People determined to stop him from doing what he was elected to do made it chaotic. I was in Detroit during the Trump era and the place purred.

36. KD at 7.58

And also:-

“and the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there will be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah…”

37. In any case, the resulting intermezzo saw hundreds of passengers file past seat 2D knowing that its bejewelled occupant was the cause of their disruption.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

38. Apropos of the DJT resurrection:

For years after Steve Bracks tipped him out, there were substantial calls made via furious Letters to the Editor and similar mechanism to bring back Jeff Kennett as Premier of Victoria.

The current contretemps has the same familiarity about it.

Trump will not and cannot come back to that office. Sure – he can be a kingmaker, but he can never again be King.

39. Admire the Unvaccinated. They withstood the greatest pressure from all fronts. People who were capable of such personality, courage and critical ability are the best of humanity

Only some! .. I remain unvaxxed but as an OAP I had nothing to lose! .. those that put their jobs on the line are the ones who deserve the praise .. for me it was easy .. I remembered Thalidomide was tested, maybe not properly but .. tested .. the BAT FLU rubbish and the 36 boosters weren’t … !

40. Fortunately for Dessau, many of them believed she was a federal politician, owing to scuttlebutt disseminated earlier at the gate lounge. “And then no one recognised who it was,” one told Margin Call.

41. All of the politicisation of it is coming from Brandt. He knows he is screwed, and is making out this is a political issue to become a Hero Of The Left™

Does he realise he goes from manslaughter to a hate crime murder?

A non death penalty state, that is like Australia, up to 25 years with usual early parole, to life with no possibility of parole?

Dumb fella.

Upgrading maybe 8 years in the can to possibly 50+ years until almost certainly death (unless paroled for terminal illness).

42. Bespoke – Then it won’t survive, because without a cleanout of the alphabet agency bugmen the Dems will continue to steal future elections, since they dare not now stop.

Ed Snowden: America’s Open Wound – The CIA Is Not Your Friend (22 Sep)

Nor the DoJ, DHS, NSA, IRS, FBI, EPA, DEA or the ATF. They’re all solidly captured by the Left and are being used increasingly as Stazi against anyone who objects to totalitarian control by the Democrat Party.

43. Shy Ted,

Brought a smile to my face.

Is this the false equivalence you are referring to? Or are you dismissing the point that people in different situations might be exposed to the mandates in different ways?

44. German domestic intelligence is running hundreds of fake right-wing extremist social media accounts

The operation involving fake right-wing accounts has become so big that information sharing is necessary so authorities do not target each other

Hundreds of the radical Nazis and right-wing extremists online are actually German domestic intelligence agents, and many of them may be responsible for “inciting hatred” and even violence. These agents, who once needed to drink and directly socialize with members of the extreme right to gain information on their targets, are now running right-wing extremist accounts online in Germany.

However, the activities of the BfV running hundreds of right-wing extremist accounts have come to light at the same time that Germany’s left-wing government has labeled right-wing extremism the biggest threat to the country, despite data showing that left-wing extremists and radical Islam pose bigger threats.

45. “We Have Not Yet Started Anything Serious…”

Reminiscence of the Future… : They Wanted War.

They surely got one now:

Okay, so take that Russian MOD of Russian military KIAs in Ukraine with however much salt you’d like, although why would you if you’ve been swallowing the Ukrainian estimates of such casualties without demur? If that seems low, remember that I have discussed several times how the Russians have waged this war: Most of the front line troops have come the the Donbass republican militias, and “professional” (hired) forces from within Russia – the Chechen batallions, the Wagner Group, and other contract (mercenary) forces. Much of the regular Russian military was withdrawn back into Russia beginning in April. The regulars who remained manned the devastating Russian artillery units, the airborne formations, and other positions not so directly in harm’s way as the frontline troops, which bore the brunt of the casualties among the Russian Allies.

Since all of this seems to be going faster than anybody had predicted – if they predicted it all all – I will hazard a guess that the Ukrainians and their NATO mercenary units will be facing the regular Russian military sooner, rather than later, because once those referenda’s are passed, (and they will be – overwhelmingly so), and formally accepted by the Russian Duma, their borders will become Russia’s borders, and will be defended by the Russian regular army.

Since Ukraine’s Zelensky seems to regard their current attempts to advance on the battle front as imperative to keep the gravy train flowing into Zelensky’s and other Ukrainian oligarchs’ pockets, look for some crushing defeats to be inflicted on them as they advance.

Yeah, yeah. Be sure to lay in a lot of firewood for the winter, Euros. If you can find any. Because you’re about to get a lot colder.

The US neocons apparently intend to fight Russia not just to the last Ukranian, but to the last European as well.

Prediction: I expect the Russians to try to inflict some major, impossible to cover up or ignore defeat on the Ukrainian military prior to our November elections. They understand 5G warfare probably better than our military muppets do.

caveman says:
    September 23, 2022 at 7:40 am

Here’s the part mentioning nuclear. He will just deliver like for like.

Full text here.

46. Mother of Eliza Fletcher’s accused r@pist and killer Cleotha Abston says she is standing by her son

‘I talked to him and he said he didn’t do it,’ she recalled of their conversation. ‘He said [to me]: “They’re trying to put me in some stuff, mom”.’

‘I believe him,’ she continued. ‘I don’t believe he did it. If it comes out of his mouth, that’s what I believe.’

‘He’s just a good person, kind, lovable,’ she added, disputing depictions of her son as a monster.

47. You should ask them about that, Sancho, since they’re the climate people. As I’ve been long saying there’s nothing much happening global warming wise, but these people seem to believe they have to take absolute control to save the planet. That’s the biggest recent change that appears to underpin this new totalitarian push – the Left has added climate religion to the old save-the-proles-from-capitalism Marxism religion.

48. Simon
    58 minutes ago
    The Governor certainly has a history of champagne tastes, as demonstrated by her November 2015 trip to London to visit the Queen. On 18 August 2016 the Herald Sun reported:

A LAVISH champagne lunch has turned into a humiliating fizzer for Governor Linda Dessau after she was forced to repay $1100 for food and alcohol charged to the public purse.
    Government House was plunged into crisis by Herald Sun revelations that Victorian taxpayers picked up the tab for the governor, her husband and two staff to sip $55-a-glass Bollinger and exotic wines while in London to visit the Queen.
    Staff from the Office of the ­Governor spent hours crafting a statement revealing the governor had been unaware taxpayers were slugged $813 for the November 2015 lunch at Gordon Ramsay restaurant Petrus.
    The governor also said she didn’t know, until the Herald Sun made inquiries, that two senior staff travelling with her had spent $300 of taxpayers’ money on oysters, shrimp cocktails and wine at Harrods.

49. I thought the mention of the Normandy beaches and the French underground obviously facetious.

Anyone who sees it as anything else is probably a stolen valour, “stand or fall if necessary” wannabe military fantasist who rubs up against the Cenotaph every Anzac Day.
    No names.

50. Germany’s Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV) argues that these accounts are needed to effectively monitor the extreme right, but critics say that they may also be promoting and actively encouraging radicalism, according to a report from German newspaper Süddeutsche

Bullshit.
    It’s a False Flag stunt to create straw man adversaries, the only countermeasure to which is obviously the implementation of increased ‘social control’.

51. I’d rather live under tyrannical islam than tyrannical left-wing extremists.

Speaking of such things…

Iran: Regime Militia Thugs Killed as Hijab Protesters Torch Police Stations (22 Sep)

Protests in Iran over the killing of a young Kurdish woman for not wearing her headscarf properly continued to spread on Thursday, despite an increasingly brutal crackdown from the theocratic regime.

The demonstrators are reportedly fighting back with determination rarely seen in Iran since the 1979 Islamist revolution, with reports of police stations and vehicles burned, police officers injured and killed, and even members of the regime’s thuggish Basij militia dying in scuffles with demonstrators.

Sounds messy.

52. Jeff Kennett knackered himself by being an arsehole to the bush community.
    People who volunteer for everything and ran their communities on the smell of an oily rag didn’t like being told they were irrelevant and needed big city management to have a future.
    Kennett’s council amalgamations only produced unaccountable bureaucracies that were prime for exploitation by the socialist regime that followed.
    Jeff is a tool.

53. Razeysays:
    September 23, 2022 at 9:18 am
    You will use the pronouns we tell you to use, or we turn off your credit cards and you lose your job.

Things not going well in Japan?

54. I thought the mention of the Normandy beaches and the French underground obviously facetious

Only partly MT. My post was motivated by a link to a certificate posted earlier.
    It’s a bit sad when you have to print your own participation award.

55. Speaking of Japan.
    Indolent, regarding your Kiwi conspiracy theorist banging on about Shinzo Abe being murdered by the WEF for refusing vaxxes.
    Might be a good idea to check some basics.
    Like the dates Shinzo Abe was PM, for example.
    And to perhaps consider why the WEF, with all their resources, would use a long-time known nutjob and a home-made shotty for the hit.
    No upticks for you.

56. The Saddest, Most Senescent Joe Biden Video Yet

Biden is a shameless liar, braggart, and fabulist, who — much to our national shame — was never laughed into richly-deserved obscurity.

Longtime Sharp VodkaPundit Readers™ have joined me in the more recent fun of watching Biden try to shake hands with people who aren’t there, do the Old Man Shuffle to or from the Marine One helicopter, or get ignored — as POTUS! — at a White House reception because Smiling Barack Obama showed up to dazzle the crowd.

But this next video is just sad because it shows just how diminished the supposed Most Powerful Man in the world has become.

Here he is, after wrapping up his prepared remarks to The Global Fund earlier this week.

If it weren’t for the damage Biden and his handlers have done to this country, it would be one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen.

57. Lawmakers Call to Decouple From China; Two Chinese Telecom Companies Deemed a Threat
    01:01 Two Chinese Telecom Companies Deemed a Threat
    01:58 Lawmakers Call to Decouple from China
    04:11 China Ties: Climate Officer of U.S. Bank Regulator
    05:42 25% of iPhone Production to Move to India by 2025
    06:57 China Warns U.S., Canada After Taiwan Strait Passage
    07:41 China to Make Utmost Effort to Take Taiwan
    09:04 Hong Kong Man Arrested After Paying Tribute to Queen
    09:54 U.S., UK Join Pacific Allies in Fiji Military Drill
    11:20 UK, Japan to Work on Countering China

58. To be specific, Shinzo Abe ended his term as Japanese PM on 20th September, 2020.
    The only vaxes touted as being available before then were the Chinese one being used for their military, and the Wussian Sputnik V vax.
    The mainstream vaxxes (Pfizer, AZ) were approved in November-December 2020, and widespread release was in the first quarter of 2021 – nearly six months after Shinzo Abe left office.
    So how did he refuse acceptance of supply of the vaccines as Japanese PM nearly six months before they were released?
    By all means, Indolent, argue against vaxxes.
    But enough with the bullshit.

59. Virgie Abston, putting the lie to ‘black don’t crack’.
    On my mind because of a lot of excitement on twitter about a photo of the royal Princes and their wives, and how Meghan despite being the oldest, looked the youngest.

60. FBI hero paying the price for exposing unjust ‘persecution’ of conservative Americans

By Miranda Devine

Bombshell allegations by FBI Special Agent Steve Friend contained in a whistleblower complaint filed late Wednesday with the Department of Justice inspector general reveal a politicized Washington, DC, FBI field office cooking the books to exaggerate the threat of domestic terrorism, and ­using an “overzealous” January 6 ­investigation to harass conservative Americans and violate their constitutional rights.

Friend, 37, a respected 12-year veteran of the FBI and a SWAT team member, was suspended Monday, stripped of his gun and badge, and escorted out of the FBI field office in Daytona Beach, Fla., after complaining to his supervisors about the violations.

He was declared absent without leave last month for refusing to participate in SWAT raids that he believed violated FBI policy and were a use of excessive force against Jan. 6 ­subjects accused of misdemeanor ­offenses.

This American hero, the father of two small children, has blown up his “dream career” because he could not live with his conscience if he continued to be part of what he sees as the unjust persecution of conservative Americans.

“I have an oath to uphold the Constitution,” he told supervisors when he asserted his conscientious objection to joining an Aug. 24 raid on a J6 subject in the Jacksonville, Fla., area. “I have a moral objection and want to be considered a conscientious objector.”

Friend, who did not vote for Donald Trump in the 2020 election, said he told his immediate boss twice that he believed the raid, and the investigative process leading up to it, violated FBI policy and the subject’s right under the Sixth Amendment to a fair trial and Eighth Amendment right against cruel and unusual punishment.

Among Friend’s allegations:

. The Washington, DC, field office is “manipulating” FBI case management protocol and farming out J6 cases to field offices across the country to create the false impression that right-wing domestic violence is a widespread national problem that goes far beyond the “black swan” event of Jan. 6, 2021.

. As a result, he was listed as lead agent in cases he had not investigated and which his supervisor had not signed off on, in violation of FBI policy.

. ?FBI domestic terrorism cases are being opened on innocent American citizens who were nowhere near the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, based on anonymous tips to an FBI hotline or from Facebook spying on their messages. These tips are turned into investigative tools called “guardians,” after the FBI software that collates them.

. ?The FBI has post-facto designated a grassy area outside the Capitol as a restricted zone, when it was not restricted on Jan. 6, 2021, in order to widen the net of prosecutions.

. ?The FBI intends to prosecute everyone even peripherally associated with J6 and another wave of J6 subjects are about to be referred to the FBI’s Daytona Beach resident agency “for investigation and arrest.”

. ?The Jacksonville area was “inundated” with “guardian” notifications and FBI agents were dispatched to conduct surveillance and knock on people’s doors, including people who had not been in Washington, DC, on Jan. 6, 2021, or who had been to the Trump rally that day but did not go ­inside the Capitol.

Friend says he was punished after complaining to his bosses about being dragged into J6 investigations that were “violating citizens’ Sixth Amendment rights due to overzealous charging by the DOJ and biased jury pools in Washington, DC.”

61. Not EOTW but there are a number of Catholic seers who have been warning of ‘three days of darkness’ coming.

I’m predicting days of darkness ahead, but more of a slow burn than a sudden flash.
    Sadly, I don’t think it’s going to be limited to three days.

62. Well it is an improvement from bugs and nothing but bugs.

Bill Gates wants to force everyone to live off of his patent pending synthetic corn (23 Sep, via Climate Depot)

Microsoft founder pivots from COVID Mania to Climate Change.

Given that COVID Mania is becoming increasingly unpopular with the public at large, the global ruling class has decided to rebrand their relentless campaign for technocratic tyranny. Bill Gates, for his part, is transitioning from a gene juice vaccine (mRNA) salesman to a monopolistic synthetic corn salesman. And once again, he is using the continent of Africa as the patient zero for his latest maniacal experiment.

At Goalkeepers, Gates touted his GMO corn as a critical solution to climate change in Africa. If this confuses you, he means that he doesn’t want African farmers to invest in and consume nutrient rich livestock, which would actually improve their lives, because Gates believes the cows, chickens, and such are contributing to “climate change.” Therefore, Bill Gates has decided that Africans must subscribe to a lifetime of You Will Eat Corn And You Will Be Happy.

If there were three people you might wish could be exiled to a desert island then Gates, Schwab and Soros would be high on the list. They could then eat each other to reduce their collected carbon footprint.

63. Jorge says:
    September 23, 2022 at 9:43 am

Perhaps this is it.

WTF is this shit?

Glowie posting?

Get back to the 1800s where you belong with this inflammatory nonsense.

64. “I’d rather live under tyrannical islam than tyrannical left-wing extremists.”

What an utterly stupid thing to write. The fact is, you would not. Both ideologies are as bad and as tyrannical as each other, nasty, controlling, brutal, insidious ideologies.

Oh and you’d be happy to live in a society where alcohol is banned?

65. decoupling from china is now a life or death matter

It may be but it would particularly ugly. In fact almost impossible I’d say, unless it came down to all out hot war. The trillions invested in China by US industry and finance will ensure the US power elites aggressively resist any and all attempts to de-couple. Additionally there is no stomach on the left to pull the plug on their China gravy train.

However, I do think there will be a significant effort to lower China “risk” by moving portions of manufacturing back on shore. And future inward investments in China will reduce. Not helpful to inflation reduction efforts and a significant departure from the preceding 40 years of capital flows.

66. Jorgesays:

September 23, 2022 at 9:43 am

What never ceases to amaze about EOTW predictionators is that, every time one of their “fer sure and certain” deadlines passes, they have an entirely plausible explanation for why The Plan changed.
    And here is the revised date.

67. I’m going to predict a massive rejection of dying of cold for the sake of a ‘climate emergency’ by people living in western Europe, starting in a couple of months.

68. Yep.

1800 and 1900 is roughly when the two most famous mystics made their predictions.

Which confirms what Q said about a solar storm in 2022.

FMS, are you people serious?

I don’t think you are. Either you are incredibly naive or taking the piss and trying to discredit everyone else here.

We had a solar storm a few years back, I lost valuable files.

No EOTW though. Enough was donated to a trooper to hold it off for 8 years.

69. Some articles about the French Resistance and Normandy for you, bespoke
    And while we’re on the subject, can you see any similarities between what the Na zis did across Europe, you know, entering people’ homes with guns and taking their possessions and worse, and the powers the police have in WA (which was brought to you by the Cat, not the MSM)?
    All these things are coordinated at the National Cabinet. WA has just gone first this time. Who’ll do it next? And are you going to fight them on the beaches? Or your lawn? Or front doorstep? Or will you just let WAPOL

that would bestow his officers with the right to “take control of or make use of any place, vehicle or thing”.

The only thing being “vaxxed” got you was the right to another “vax”. And another.

70. rosie says:
    September 23, 2022 at 9:57 am

71. Speaking of Schwab…

World Economic Forum touts ‘personal carbon allowance programs’ – ‘COVID-19 was the test of social responsibility’ – ‘Huge number of unimaginable restrictions for public health were adopted by billions of citizens’ (22 Sep)

This is Climate Depot reporting on an official WEF document from 14 Sep, which is both linked and included in the post. It’s long and very creepy, especially the carbon allowance graphics on phones.

72. JCsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 8:28 am

Just a couple of very minor things for the record.
    Your first email was unsolicited. It wasn’t arranged through dover. You looked up my work contact details online, and in your first email asked me to confirm that I was the Cat commenter of my name.
    Then in your response to my email of which you’re complaining you alleged that I might be faking my connection with the very firm at which you’d contacted me. No meltdown at all.

73. He’s just some crank with a lot of money.

And hopefully his cred has taken as huge a hit as Fink’s after losing $1.7T of his clients dough. Talk about get work go broke”!

74. Shellenberger: Battery Deaths Put Nuclear Safety In Context

Lithium batteries kill many more people than nuclear plants. Why, then, aren’t we scared of them?

For decades, critics of nuclear power plants have pointed to their unique danger. When there is a loss of water coolant for the reactor cores, plant operators can lose control, leaving them to melt, and potentially spew toxic particulate matter into the environment. Nuclear accidents are unique in requiring people to “shelter-in-place,” and close windows and vents, to avoid breathing radiant particulate matter. And nuclear accidents can unfold in unpredictable and mysterious ways, such as by creating hydrogen gas explosions, like the kinds that occurred during the Fukushima nuclear accident in 2011.

And yet nuclear plants remain the safest way to make electricity and one of the most benign of all human activities. Nobody has ever died of nuclear power in the United States, nobody will die from the radiation from the Fukushima accident in 2011, and only roughly 200 people will have their lives shortened by the fire and radiation from the Chernobyl fire. And because nuclear plants prevent the burning of fossil fuels, the climate scientist James Hansen calculates that they have saved nearly 2 million lives to date.

And now a series of deadly accidents reveal that even lithium batteries are more deadly than nuclear power. Last Saturday, a fire started by a lithium battery in an electric scooter killed an 8-year-old girl in New York City. In New York City alone, lithium battery fires in 2021 killed 3 and injured 57, while in the first half of 2022, they killed 5 people and injured 73.

Meanwhile, a fire Tuesday morning at a Tesla battery facility in Moss Landing in Monterey County, California emitted so much toxic smoke that the Fire and Sheriff Departments issued a shelter-in-place order, asking people to close windows and vents, and closed several roads. Contrary to widespread perception, shelter-in-place orders are not unique to nuclear accidents but are also used to protect the public from chemical fires and other accidents. It was the third fire since the facility opened two years ago.

Lithium battery fires have, like nuclear accidents, been unpredictable, mysterious, and difficult to manage. The battery fires that grounded the first Boeing 787 Dreamliners in 2013 were difficult to control, and mysterious, A Tesla that had been in a Sacramento junkyard for three weeks spontaneously, repeatedly, and mysteriously caught fire. “The batteries would keep reigniting the fire,” said firefighters, who only were able to stop them by flipping the Tesla onto its side.

As such, lithium batteries are as dangerous and more deadly than nuclear power plants.

All of which begs a question: if lithium batteries are deadlier than nuclear, why is nuclear so much more feared?

75. TE I’ll help you out with that mouldy old d’Yquem, Lafitte, Latour and Mouton if you like and leave you with the new McWilliams so it doesn’t go off like the others. Its the least I can do for your most excellent work and service.

76. I’m astounded why Schwab even has any voice to power let alone credibility.

He’s just some crank with a lot of money.

Eugyppius has published some good take downs of Schwab recently (blog link in sidebar).

77. Gez at 9.25:

Jeff Kennett knackered himself by being an arsehole to the bush community.

Yep. He also released hundreds if not thousands of nuffies out of psych wards and onto to the streets in regional centres and the city that later became MongYang. He got many, many hand-patter upticks for that one.

78. Must have got the tip off from the FBI

Icelandic police arrest four people over alleged terror attack plans

Several semi-automatic weapons, including 3D-printed ones, were seized at nine locations, as well as “thousands” of rounds of ammunition, by a large police operation involving 50 officers

79. Every now and again there’s a comment of such breathtaking stupidity it defies belief. Talk about false equivalence. Anyway, what do you think about the next step?

The Magna Carta is now being well and truly ignored. Us serfs have nearly had it and the Robber Barons are now trying to do their serf (surf) riding over us. Big Time.

It is now time for a bit of ‘Push Back’………………………..

80. As much as I fear for the common man, I hope for our sake the lights go out in Europe. The rural population will fare far better than the Urban dwellers, which is where the lefties mainly live. The sight of the elite being strung up may, and only may encourage our pathetic bunch mend their ways but probably not. No spine and no balls is the ruin of this once fine country.

81. Still, it didn’t stop the clamouring for his return by sections of the community. For quite some time, he was going to be the next Messiah.

Still is in some quarters.

82. GreyRangasays:
    September 23, 2022 at 10:37 am
    No spine and no balls is the ruin of this once fine country.

True. The trick is, how can we make money on the way down?

83. A woman who had been married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.

“Of course, madam” replied the sales clerk “exactly what type and colour dress are you looking for?” The bride-to-be said “A long frilly white dress with a veil”.

“Please don’t take this the wrong way, madam, but such dresses are usually more fitting for the first-time bride who is more innocent in the ways of life, if you get my meaning”.

“WELL!” replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk’s directness “I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride!

You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our honeymoon hotel.

My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon hotel that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again!”

“What about your third husband?” “That one was a politician” said the woman “and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how GREAT it was going to be, but NOTHING ever happened!”

84. “Local media reported that officers were exploring potential links to Nordic far-right groups and that the police were the central target.”

I suppose it’s just like those far-right groups that are behind the ongoing riots in Leicester.

85. John Hinderaker has now put up another article as followup from the one I linked earlier.

Conservatism Is Prohibited | Power Line (22 Sep)

I wrote earlier today about the Democrats’ unprecedented attempts to criminalize disagreement with their policies or criticism of their regime. These are more examples, from today’s news, of the suppression of conservative thought, not necessarily through criminal prosecution.

First, Scott Adams’ “Dilbert” comic strip has lost 77 newspapers, apparently because it ridiculed “woke” doctrine:

A second case comes from the U.K. and involves PayPal. … Tech giants are universally hostile to free speech, so shutting down the Free Speech Union–which gets a third of its membership fees through PayPal–is no surprise. The other two are anti-lockdown and anti-school closure organizations. This is a continuation of the tech monopolies’ censorship of any dissent from unprecedented government public health measures as “disinformation” that must be banned.

The current censorship isn’t about public health, it is strictly about regime protection. There is a technical term for a society in which government works through ostensibly private entities to enforce its dictates. It starts with an F.

86. As much as I fear for the common man, I hope for our sake the lights go out in Europe. The rural population will fare far better than the Urban dwellers

That has been noticed.

Macron Proposes Repopulating Rural Areas with Migrants (18 Sep)

French president Emmanuel Macron has proposed creating a bill next year to reform France’s immigration and asylum policies, including a proposal to redistribute migrants to rural areas facing demographic decline.

87. Jab jab booster……………………..

The War Room/DailyClout’s Pfizer Documents Research Volunteers — a group of medical and scientific experts who have selflessly stepped up to analyze the tens of thousands of formerly internal Pfizer documents released under court order subsequent to a lawsuit by Aaron Siri’s firm, Siri & Glimstad, and a FOIA by Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency — have now fully demonstrated that Pfizer’s mRNA vaccines target human reproduction in comprehensive, likely irreversible ways.

Our 3,250 research volunteers, in 39 fully cited reports to date, have documented evidence of what I’ve been calling “360 degrees of harm” to reproduction.

The Pfizer documents reveal monstrous damage to menstruation, harm to the testes and epididymis, harms to the penis, horrible harm to the ova and ovaries, mechanisms for compromising the placenta, contamination of amniotic fluid, and damage to newborns. They reveal that four women’s breast milk turned blue-green. They reveal injuries to at least one newborn that extend to death (or murder) from ingesting tainted breast milk. They reveal horrific levels of miscarriages.

88. shatterzzzsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 9:00 am

In fact the first Polio vaccine in the 1950s did not work very well either with some serious side effects. That vaccine was promptly withdrawn asap. The next Polio vaccine did work and worked very well. I had that jab as a young boy.

These gene therapy ‘drugs’ have not worked as a true vaccine and have not been withdrawn despite Mountains of evidence as to the damage that they are doing.

Go figure it out and follow the money……………………………………..

I remain unjabbed as well but it was easy for me as I could not be bullied by the so called ‘egg spurts’.

89. China Insights
    The wave of Chinese tycoons emigrating to the West occurred a while ago. It is safe to say that almost everyone in the top echelons of the Communist Party knows that the regime could collapse at any moment. So, the more senior the officials, the closer to the top the wealthy are, and the more these people are in a rush to move either assets in the national treasury or their own assets overseas to save themselves a fallback.
    Beijing and Shanghai, which hold the ninth and tenth places on the list of wealthiest cities, respectively, have also recorded losses as Henley & Partners predict China will see the second-largest wealth outflow after Russia this year.

90. rosiesays:
    September 23, 2022 at 7:08 am
    More Guardian, what surprise.
    Sky and the Australian find ‘no evidence’ of a climate emergency – they weren’t looking hard enough

That article is by graham readfearn who is a complete shithead. He says the recent Italian paper disproving extreme weather is just an article. In fact it was a comprehensive review and analysis. Some years ago readfearn was in a debate with Monckton. He was part of the team against Monckton and some sceptical scientists. Readfearn was so overawed he couldn’t speak and did not write for some time after. He didn’t learn, he is a useful idiot.

91. My lucky day!

Email inbox this morning is absolutely loaded with ‘Congratulations, you have won a….” B&D toolkit, a new fridge, a computer and free air travel. Fresh ‘wins’ arriving every hour or so.

I’m guessing Optus’ slacktitude in not axing or encrypting all that now-hacked user data is behind it all.

92. his last para is uncharacteristically fierce for Hinderaker, who during the fifteen years or so that I’ve been reading his articles has always been a very level headed guy.

BoN, he’s still a level headed bloke, but he now knows that the other side – the side of silencing and controls – is not going to leave anything alone. That’s sobering and at the same time alarming. Fierce, is what’s going to be required.

93. That debate involving Readfearn was between Monckton and Professor Ian Plimer against Professor Barry Brook and Readfearn. Can’t find a video of it unfortunately.

In other news poor old Dave Cochrane at 2SM getting accused of being a racist for calling the mugs who burnt the flag yesterday idiots and un-Australian. Rang up and supported him.

94. “Yep. Further on too (it’s a long article, and covers Mike Lindell’s persecution as well) his last para is uncharacteristically fierce for Hinderaker, who during the fifteen years or so that I’ve been reading his articles has always been a very level headed guy.”

Well, that tells you all you need to know about the parlous state of American democracy. Hinderaker is always measured, he isn’t one for hyperbole but I suspect he’s now very, very worried.

95. The United States Air Force Academy is training its cadets to “use inclusive language” that bars them from calling people “terrorists” …

The whole point of calling your enemy gooks, or slopes, or boxheads or whatever, is to dehumanise them so you can more easily kill them!

96. Why are they referring to the AFL GF as “the big dance?”

It’s annoying, not a great analogy (as who has a “big dance?”) and, I reckon, something to do with the Voice…

97. Top Endersays:

September 23, 2022 at 11:30 am

Sorry GR, I am half-way through the wine rack already, and so can’t drive to the PO to send you some bottles.

Don’t worry about it.
    The licence suspension doesn’t matter when the asteroid/sunspot/whatever happens.

98. The ‘jail Trump’ mania reaches its sad end

The latest Letitia James lawsuit is so much ado about nothing

New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, three of his adult children, and other senior members of the Trump Organization on Wednesday. Her suit alleges business and insurance fraud as well as conspiracy for the same, and marks the end of a three-year investigation into Trump and his business.

The civil suit is basically a civil version of the criminal indictments the Southern District of New York (SDNY) and the Manhattan and New York State attorneys general have failed to generate at the federal and state levels. The suit claims in a nutshell what the criminal cases claimed: Trump over-valued the worth of his properties to use them as collateral for new loans, and then undervalued those same properties come tax time to pay lower taxes.

The criminal cases have fallen flat because of the need to prove actual criminal intent, that Trump lied intending to commit a crime. This proved impossible when the Trump family would not confess (Trump himself took the Fifth some 440 times during recent questioning) and when no one could be found to Fredo him by turning in evidence in return for some lower sentence. What’s left in what has clearly become a prosecution driven by the political need to do something ahead of 2024 is this civil suit. Basically, same accusations, same weak evidence, but lower standards of proof with lower penalties.

The current try is kind of pathetic. It’s just a lawsuit, which carries no potential criminal jeopardy, so no formal indictment, no possibility of jail time. The suit holds that Trump mis-valued some New York real estate between 2011 and 2021 to obtain loans and pay lower taxes, a civil offense at worst usually settled with new assessments or a fine.

Yet even this case against Trump could be difficult to prove. Property valuations are subjective, and most financial statements include a disclaimer stating that they have not been audited. Now underline this part: Deutsche Bank and Trump’s other lenders were hardly victims; all of his loans are either current or were paid off, some early. Trump does not use email, so any instructions he might have given his employees about the company’s financial statements are unlikely to be in writing.

The Democrats’ plan to find Trump guilty of something, anything, seems to be coming to its own sad ending. They have tried to turn belief that Trump is evil into a crime — Emoluments Clause, Russiagate, impeachments I and II, Stormy Daniels, obstruction of justice, and incitement.

99. There will be an EOTW event for Sydney Swans supporters at the MCG tomorrow.

End of the world???

I know my Swannies winning the GF would be the end of the world for Cats’ fans… or are you referring to 24 September conspiracy…

100. Lysandersays:

September 23, 2022 at 11:44 am

Why are they referring to the AFL GF as “the big dance?”

A phrase added to “rich tradition” out of nowhere by Channel 7 about ten years ago.
    Along with the very gay “taking Charlie home” phrase in reference to the (Charles) Brownlow medal.
    Never heard of until Channel Stokes wrote a promotional jingle about it 10-15 years ago.

101. Several family members attending the GF, mad Swans and Mad cats, hopefully at opposite ends of the ground.
    And trying to encourage my gs to be a Swans supporter but he is insisting on barracking for the Elephants.

102. Trump over-valued the worth of his properties to use them as collateral for new loans, and then undervalued those same properties come tax time to pay lower taxes

Due diligence and objective valuation are apparently non-factors in NY business dealings according to their progressive AG.

103. The wave of Chinese tycoons emigrating to the West occurred a while ago. It is safe to say that almost everyone in the top echelons of the Communist Party knows that the regime could collapse at any moment.

Given how nutty the CCP has gone on lockdowns lately you’d think the nomenklatura will be getting out if only to avoid the Covid Police. Be interesting to see if another wave of Chinese buyers hits our real estate market.

104. I thought this story amusing because the one sure thing that happens whenever country shoppers arrive is they make a bee-line straight to big cities. There is no way he could possibly keep them in rural areas.

i did read (can’t remember where!) that the Oz gummint tried this .. shipped boat-folk to Adelaide to relieve the pressure on Melbourne/Sydney .. 1st thing the majority of boat-folk did after arriving in Adelaide was book tix back to Melbourne/Sydney ..

105. Be interesting to see if another wave of Chinese buyers hits our real estate market.

wasn’t one of the 1st things the AnAl gummint was gonna do was scrap the “buy your way in” emigration visa?

106. 1st thing the majority of boat-folk did after arriving in Adelaide was book tix back to Melbourne/Sydney ..

I think I mentioned this yesterday. Someone from the Adelaide office of Immigration told me they called taxis to the airport the minute they got off the train and were back in Sydney the same day.

107. As much as I fear for the common man, I hope for our sake the lights go out in Europe.

If we take for granted that it’s going to happen to someone, I vote it happens to the Eurotrash and that the resultant carnage is used as a warning.

108. Good to see you have some Swannies supporters in your fam Rosie. 🙂

I was almost going to head over for it but have resorted to my couch for the game instead… Not actually sure my nerves would be able to handle it (last week I was holding one arm with the other arm subconsciously and noticed, afterwards, my entire underarm was bruised from the pressure)…

109. Interesting fact I learnt from Quadrant this morning (in relation to “settled science”):

Albert Einstein dismantled Newtonian Physics in less than 760 words.

110. Three days of darkness.

I’m not suggesting apocalypto.

It’s more banal. Internet denial, comms shutdown, banks offline and withdrawals restricted.

Remember the German EU politician who two weeks ago stood up in the Euro parliament and made a mysterious speech saying ‘we must prepare for Sept 24. Prepare.’ Nobody knows what he was alluding to. But it’s possible he thinks a solar storm could knock out communications worldwide.

111. Trial of Brittany Higgins‘ alleged rapist to exclude jurors who follow her on Twitter
    Adelaide LangNCA NewsWire
    Fri, 23 September 2022 9:50AM

Defence lawyers representing Bruce Lehrmann faced the ACT Supreme Court on Friday morning in preparation for the seven-week trial, which is set to begin on October 4.

Mr Lehrmann has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting Ms Higgins inside Parliament House in 2019.

Ms Higgins, who has gained national attention for her work in advocating for gender equality, will take the stand to give evidence during the high-profile proceedings, it was revealed on Wednesday.

ACT Chief Justice Lucy McCallum told the court on Friday that anyone who follows Ms Higgins on Twitter or attended any event where she has spoken would be asked to recuse themselves from the jury.

The court heard pertinent events would include the March 4 Justice last year and Ms Higgins‘ joint speech at the Press Club with former Australian of the Year Grace Tame earlier this year.

Justice McCallum said the jury empanelment would need to exclude “anyone who’s participated in any of those events or follows her on Twitter … anyone who has effectively indicated that they follow the cause or champion the cause”.

The process would also need to eliminate anyone who has “strong views one way or the other”.

112. T Neilson at 10:01.
    (And just looking at areff’s sudden good fortune in winning multiple internet prizes).
    It kind of begs an interesting ethical question. I don’t want to get in the middle of your stoush with JC, so I will keep it at a hypothetical level.
    .1 Person A provides contact details to Person B as part of an initial business enquiry to XYZ Co which employs Person B.
    .2 The business enquiry doesn’t amount to anything.
    .3 Without Person A placing explicit limitations on the use of that information, is Person B (or XYZ Co) free to use that information for any purpose?
    .4 Do various Privacy Acts and industry/company ethical standards come into play?
    .5 For example, could Person B use the information as follows:-
    – ask Person A out on a date or initiate some other personal contact?;
    – provide Person A’s contact details to insurance companies, energy companies, telcos or market research companies?;
    – send Person A’s details to a Nigerian Prince who is searching for an heir to his fortune?;
    Are there implied limits to the use of information disclosed as part of a business enquiry, or does Person A have to explicitly exclude unintended use of their contact information?

113. Centre for Independent Studies

Speaking at the 2022 John Bonython Lecture, Ambassador Bolton addressed the U.S. vs the China-Russia entente, and what he views as the strategic errors of many American conservatives. It has been more than 75 years since the U.S. last faced an axis of strategic threats. Fortunately, that axis proved dysfunctional. America’s current strategic adversaries, Russia and China, are not an axis. They have formed an entente, which is growing stronger — as China’s unambiguous support for Russia in the Ukraine crisis proves.

Many American conservatives increasingly believe that U.S. global involvement should be reduced or redirected. Some Australians and others in the Asia-Pacific region hope that opposing China’s existential threat to the West requires reducing or even withdrawing U.S. support for allies in Europe and the Persian Gulf. But it is a strategic error.

Critically, those who exclusively fear China ignore the Russia-China entente. The entente serves to project China’s power through Russia, as Beijing also projects power through North Korean and Iranian nuclear programs. Moreover, Beijing closely assesses Washington’s reactions to crises like the one in Ukraine to decide how to structure future provocations.

Beijing is not a regional threat but a global one. Treating the rest of the world as a third-tier priority, a distraction, the U.S. plays directly into China’s hands. Pivoting to Asia wouldn’t strengthen America against China. It would have precisely the opposite effect and weaken the U.S. global posture. We need to see this big picture before the Russia-China entente grows up to be an axis.

114. “Trial of Brittany Higgins‘ alleged rapist to exclude jurors who follow her on Twitter
    Adelaide LangNCA NewsWire
    Fri, 23 September 2022 9:50AM”

This trial is completely prejudiced and should be dismissed. This man will NOT receive a fair trial. I cannot believe this trial is proceeding. But I should believe it shouldn’t I? This is the Australia we now live in 2022? Presumption of innocence trashed, and the left uses lies to pursue ideological enemies through the courts.

As with the Pell farce, this trial has nothing to do with justice.

115. I had assumed up to this point ‘Charlie’ was Charlie from Hi-5, which would have been something to aspire to.

Ah, Miss Delaney. A Ncl lass who is high on the hot and unusually low on the crazy axis.
    One of the nicer tv peoples, like the ever-luminous Catriona Rowntree.

116. Cassie and others
    I’m not sure how the Higgins case can go ahead. There is absolutely zero evidence and only publicly voiced opinions.

Surely it all boils down to “he said” Vs “she said?”

…and unfortunately we know how these tend to turn out…

117. Albert Einstein dismantled Newtonian Physics in less than 760 words.

“Spooky action at a distance” hasn’t aged well.
    QM is pretty out there though, so I forgive him. 😀

118. Anyone who follows Brittany Higgins on Twitter or “champions the cause” of women’s equality will be asked to recuse themselves from the jury in her sexual assault trial.

covers everyone in ACT

119. Cassie and others

120. “I thought the bush lawyers on the Cat had said that a “judge only ” trial wasn’t an option?”

Judge only trials aren’t an option in the ACT.

121. In researching the idiot graham readfearn I came across an old article of mine where I gave 10 reasons why AGW is bullshit; still relevant:

Ten reasons why the theory has failed:
    1 Previous levels of CO2 were much higher than today and correlated with temperatures higher, the same and lower than today.
    2 Movements of CO2 do not correlate with movements in temperature; during the 20th Century from 1940-1976 CO2 increased but temperatures dropped; the same from 1998. Generally, throughout geologic history CO2 follows temperature movements.
    3 According to the IPCC the Climate sensitivity of a doubling of CO2 will result in a temperature increase of 3.2C. Since 1900 CO2 has increased 40% which should have produced a temperature increase of 1.3C. However temperature has only increased by 0.7C. Of that 0.7C increase solar influence has been 0.1-0.4C and natural variation at least 0.3C.
    4 The mechanism by which CO2 causes heating has never been adequately explained.
    5 Optical depth, which is as good a measure of the ‘greenhouse’ effect as any, has not increased in 60 years of measurement.
    6 The amount of radiation leaving from the top of the atmosphere has increased which means CO2 is not trapping heat.
    7 Solar radiation at the surface increased during the crucial period of AGW warming from 1983-2001 and this by itself can explain the warming which took place during this period.
    8 Clouds are a negative feedback which means they are a brake to any warming.
    9 Water vapour has not increased as required by AGW theory.
    10 The Medieval Warming Period was at least as warm as today which means that the centre-piece of AGW, the hockey-stick, is wrong.

Cute owl.

122. Remember the German EU politician who two weeks ago stood up in the Euro parliament and made a mysterious speech saying ‘we must prepare for Sept 24. Prepare.’ Nobody knows what he was alluding to.

P – he misspoke. He meant Feb 24 prior to Ukraine invasion…

123. Ambassador Bolton addressed the U.S. vs the China-Russia entente, and what he views as the strategic errors of many American conservatives

Ugh, he rivals Krugman in the wrongological stakes.
    Lowy will probably invite him, then get all excited.

Right-wing extremists: the danger not of bombs but ballots (Lowy Interpreter, 22 Sep)

Because right-wing extremists are public but poorly trained, they are often easy to identify and arrest when law enforcement seeks to act. Their reliance on social media is a particular vulnerability, as they often give away incriminating information not realising that police and intelligence officials are listening too. In addition to incriminating themselves, they often reveal entire networks of like-minded individuals.

You’ve been warned, Cats, ASIO is onto us.

124. rosie says:
    September 23, 2022 at 9:57 am

Mongstralian politicans 2030: We just arent punching hard enough…. hand me my mallet.

125. Sancho Panzersays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Informing anyone else of it would certainly be wrongful but I didn’t do that.
    Sending an email per se, no.

126. Louise Milligan of High Court 7-Nil fame, confirms an official switch to fiction
    Friday, 23 September 2022

Michael Smith News

127. JCsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:31 pm

128. “After years of writing half truths, anti-male hate pieces, and trying to bring down the Catholic Church for the ABC, snarler in chief Louise Milligan has today confirmed a switch to fiction.
    She’ll continue to draw a significant salary from the taxpayer whilst contributing little – apart from the occasional activism piece, dressed up as a news story.”

What “switch”…she’s been writing fiction for years.

129. “custardsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:42 pm
    Apparently no Jewish kingdom has lasted longer than 77 years.

Israel has been around for 74 years.

Interesting if true.”

Your point? Israel is not a kingdom. Maybe you need to yank your head out of the rabbit hole.

130. Ambassador Bolton addressed the U.S. vs the China-Russia entente, and what he views as the strategic errors of many American conservatives

Ugh, he rivals Krugman in the wrongological stakes.

His take on china is pretty accurate, where is he wrong? China is a totalitarian shithole looking to regain face after the century of humiliation it feels it suffered. Why does china need to militarise so rapidly and build up its icbm capability? Was there an imminent threat? no. A country does not go hell for leather building up its military if it wasn’t planning on using it.

131. After years of writing half truths, anti-male hate pieces, and trying to bring down the Catholic Church for the ABC, snarler in chief Louise Milligan has today confirmed a switch to fiction.

I’m willing to bet any cat $1,000 she will allowed to promote it on their ABC?

132. I was thinking about Macron’s redistribution plan and maybe it isn’t as silly as it sounds.
    For one immigrants won’t want to, and for two, French law enforcement isn’t as shy as British law enforcement.
    Migrants might just decide France isn’t all that attractive a destination.

133. It’s a publisher’s blurb which refers to places described in the book. There’s nothing in it in which it’s claimed that I have any special accomplishments or talents, so, no, it isn’t comparable at all.

1. Who provided the publisher with the information such or this just made up:

Tim Neilson’s connections with Cambridge University have been only social and sporting, and infrequent, but they do extend over a long period of time.

Did the publisher obtain this out of thin air?

Forgive me, I also have an association with I think Colgate University medical school ( I think) as I used to sometimes travel down 1 st Ave and NY Hospital. Hard to recall which one.

134. Vic Governor uproar intensifies – lead story at the Daily Mail:

…when all the passengers actually boarded they then had to file past Ms Dessau as she sat in her business class seat.

‘As people were walking past, they were saying “who is (she)’, I’ve never seen that person before.”

‘You might understand it if everyone’s on the plane and they held it for a few minutes because the VIP was running late and they needed to get them on before it took off.

‘But not letting anyone on the plane before they get on first? I don’t know if it’s a royal protocol or something…’

Link

135. Cassie:

This trial is completely prejudiced and should be dismissed.

I’m hoping it runs along the lines of Ben Batterham’s trial in Newcastle, which resulted from the timely demise of iced-up thug, serial rapist and fat bloke Ricky Slater.

A persecuted minority group member as the victim. Lots of mouthing off by hand-patters prior to the trial.

And most importantly, the bloke who should never have been in the dock in the first place getting over a million bucks.

136. Australia will power on until 2050, punching ourselves in the balls, telling ourselves it will make us Chads.

Australia’s mild weather permits the long term entertainment of utter stupidity.

137. Neilson

Sancho Panzersays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Informing anyone else of it would certainly be wrongful but I didn’t do that.
    Sending an email per se, no.

Small edit suggestion.

Sancho Panzersays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Informing anyone else of it would certainly be wrongful but I didn’t do that.
    Sending an abusively titled email per se, could very well be.

138. Apparently no Jewish kingdom has lasted longer than 77 years.

Dynasty maybe, I’d have to check the numbers.

The monarchy in Judah and Israel lasted more like 500 years from Saul and David up until the Exile.
    My nightly reading last night was 2 Kings 17 about the last king of the northern kingdom, Hoshea. Geopolitics: he’d been seeking to change to the Egyptian sphere, away from the Assyrian one, and the Assyrians weren’t happy with it. Jerusalem was besieged for three years, which shows how tough the place is. (Vespasian and Titus only took five months, although the Romans were a bit better at such things than the Assyrians.)

139. Apparently no Jewish kingdom has lasted longer than 77 years.
    Israel has been around for 74 years.
    Interesting if true.

Which it isn’t. Four seconds of research:

Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy), c.?1047–930 BCE
    Kingdom of Israel (Samaria), c.?930–720 BCE
    Kingdom of Judah, c.?930–587/586 BCE
    Hasmonean dynasty, c.?140–37 BCE
    Herodian dynasty, 47 BCE–100 CE

Spectacular, from someone who demanded other people do their own research and ‘wake the fuck up’.

140. Zipster says:
    September 23, 2022 at 11:51 am
    Tucker Carlson: This is insane.
    Putin has erected the most dangerous red line in human history and team obama are going to barge right through it.

Goodness knows where this will end. Biden and Co are pulling the Ukrainian strings and want nothing less than regime change in Russia. Following that, a breakup of Russia into smaller ‘more manageable’ pieces that will also act as a foil to China.

Watch the US mission creep and all the while, Ukraine will be pummelled as Russia escalates consequent to what it increasingly identifies as direct confrontation with the West (read USA). And they won’t be wrong.

We are at the start of what could ultimately be the most dangerous nuclear stand-off, ever.

141. “custardsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:42 pm
    Apparently no Jewish kingdom has lasted longer than 77 years.

To the contrary, every Jewish kingdom – including the Hasmoneans & Herodians if you want to include them – has lasted longer than 77 years.

142. Ms Higgins, who has gained national attention for her work in advocating for gender equality,

Er…no.

She gained national attention for accusing a Liberal drone of raping her in Parliament House, which was then exploited to suggest it is Liberal Party culture.

Her advocacy work likely consist of being invited to Wymminses events where she rails against ‘rape culture’ and such, retelling her story with the absolute certainty as if it was established in fact, whereas it has still not been tested in court, and in a manner of someone who by sheer pluck and grit won that victory when she has all along been borne aloft by the MSM, slavering misandrists in the commentariat, and Labor and Greens politicians looking for an edge that does not require commitment to sensible policies.

I expect the only ones who know about her advocacy work are ones who already knew her story. No one will have heard of her first or foremost for her Women’s Rights gig.

She did not become famous for theWomen’s Rights thing.

143. Timothy

One other riddle you can explain for us.

The “Publisher” is your case was Aurora, correct? According to their website, it’s a DIY type of publishing house. To me, it appears to be a vanity site. Did you pay them to publish the books? If so, did they write the cute blurbs accompanying the opus or did you?

You don’t have to answer of course. Just curious is all. 🙂

144. JCsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Yes, they asked me and I answered. Books always have a blurb so there was a valid reason for their question. Nothing wrong with answering a question when asked. Quite different to initiating an auto-panegyric for the sake of it.

BTW thanks for the continuing free publicity for the book!

145. I’ve just heard Schiff’s legal action against The Age etc has succeeded.
    Can’t find any confirmation as yet.

Peter Schiff walks out in the middle of an interview Peter Schiff insists that despite the US IRS visit earlier this year, no accusations were thrown at the bank and he denies the accusations passed to him by the media that came to his house for an interview. He insisted on the bank not being linked to any criminal activity, saying: “We’ve complied with all sorts of requests for information. We somehow got caught up in whatever’s going on, but there are no valid allegations against the bank. I can tell you there is no tax evasion going on at the bank. The bank is not facilitating anything.” He refused to continue the interview and walked out. However, an investigation made by The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, 60 Minutes and The New York Times has taken a different point of view and made a reminder that the bank works with top financial institutions connected with 13,000 global customers. Among Euro Pacific’s partners are the New York Federal Reserve, UK bank NatWest, Canada’s Bank of Montreal and Japan’s Mizuho Bank. Some of those banks are also being investigated by Operation Atlantis in connection with money-laundering for large criminal organizations.

Read more on U.Today https://u.today/just-in-peter-schiffs-bank-suspected-as-major-money-laundering-tool-of-organized-crime-syndicates

146. Timothy Neilsonsays:

September 23, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Sancho Panzersays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Informing anyone else of it would certainly be wrongful but I didn’t do that.
    Sending an email per se, no.

Yeah, I just wanted to get an idea of boundaries and rights, where these might be implied, or where reservation of rights needs to be expressly stated.

147. Sancho Panzersays:
    September 23, 2022 at 1:06 pm

They were fair points you made.
    E.g. asking someone for a date would be fraught because of the nature of the communication, but not the mere fact that an email was sent.

148. T

imothy Neilson says:
    September 23, 2022 at 1:03 pm

JCsays:
    September 23, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Love the word auto-panegyric. I use it a dozen times a day and it’s not wankery at all.

So they asked you about this loose association with Cambridge, is that right? My publisher also asked me about my loose but longstanding association with Stern and those medical schools too and I answered.

BTW thanks for the continuing free publicity for the book!

Hey, I’m here to help anyway I can.

So you helped them about that strong , but loose association of course. Got it.

You have nothing on Liz.

149. Beijing is not a regional threat but a global one.

If they run wars like they run projects we’re pretty safe.

Politics permeates everything, at the expense of truth. Logistics and organisation defy logic and commonsense. Individual initiative and responsibility is hardly exercise, and when it is, it’s wrong.

The subcontractor boss and I did a walk through on a pipework mod. We had pretty good reasons for placing everything where we did. I did shop drawings that include pipe cut lengths rather than spool lengths, super easy to follow. They then promptly ignored all the dimensions. The client then puts in an NCR to rework to make it per the drawing. More work in fixing than making it right in the first place.

Talking to one of the engineers I asked why this happened? “No idea why this happen”. Typical answer, fucking stupid things happen all the time and no one ever knows why!