1,940 thoughts on “Open Thread – Tues 8 Nov 2022”

1. Will 2022 be the most Corrupt Election since 53BC?

From Armstrong Economics –

COMMENT: Marty, I love all that you do.
    I want to challenge anyone to find a county in the USA that is more corrupt that Harris County Texas (Houston) regarding vote fraud, nothing to see here keep moving:
    Harris County Elections administrator can’t answer why polling locations ran out of paper
    Harris County Elections Administrator Clifford Tatum said his office started receiving paper ballot shortage calls as early as 7:30 a.m. on Election Day. (21 republican locations and up to 100,000 votes) an Author: Jeremy Rogalski Published: 7:25 PM CST November 9, 2022

Nearly 127,000 Harris County drive-thru votes appear safe after federal judge rejects GOP-led Texas lawsuit The Republican plaintiffs in an appeal asked that drive-thru voting be halted on Election Day, but did not immediately ask again that ballots that have already been cast be tossed out. BY JOLIE MCCULLOUGH NOV. 2, 2020UPDATED: NOV. 3, 2020
    Houston Scrambles After Blaze That Destroyed Voting Machines
    Houston firefighters poured water on the smoldering shell of a warehouse that caught fire around 4 a.m. on Aug. 27. Credit…Brett Coomer/Houston Chronicle, Via Associated Press By James C. McKinley Jr. Sept. 10, 2010.

REPLY: This is my big concern. Reports are coming in from all over. This election will never be accepted. I have warned that this election will be so corrupt, it will probably go down in history with the most corrupt election during the Roman Republic where there were so many bribes, and interest rates soared during 53BC. When Caesar crossed the Rubicon in 49BC, the people cheered and it was the oligarchs who fled to Greece – all the Senators. Unfortunately, Cicero was one of the oligarchs and his FAKE NEWS wrongly influenced many including the Founding Fathers of the United States. Had they seen the other accounts, they may never have chosen a Republic without term limits and prohibited any change to anything major absent a 2/3rd vote.”

2. Halls Creek chief executive wants specialist First Nations court to tackle youth crime
    Sarah CrawfordThe Kimberley Echo
    Fri, 11 November 2022 11:30AM

An East Kimberley town wants to see tribal justice introduced as the community desperately tries to come up with solutions to tackle the rising rates of youth crime.

Shire of Halls Creek chief executive Phillip Cassell will make the call for the establishment of a specialist court for the town — where Aboriginal elders would sit on the bench with a magistrate — at a community safety solutions forum to be held in December.

The police and mental health commissioners as well as the director generals of the departments of Justice, Health, Education, Communities and Local Government have been invited to the forum to help tackle a wave of vehicle thefts, robberies, break-ins and vandalism plaguing the town.

Mr Cassell said he had the backing of local elders and police for what they describe as “tribal justice”.

“The police are very interested in it, the elders here are very interested in it. They are all fully supportive of moving in this direction,” he said.

He said they want to establish something similar to Murri Court in Queensland.

At Murri Court, elders and a community justice group work with offenders on addressing the causes of their offending and keep the magistrate informed of their rehabilitation progress prior to sentencing.

Mr Cassell said he believed a similar court in Halls Creek could have a big impact on rates of re-offending.

“I don’t think it would be as successful in the cities, I think it is more relevant out here in regional and remote areas where there is a stronger attachment to culture and a traditional way of life,” he said.

The Law Society of WA backs the idea.

Greg McIntyre SC, who chairs the Law Society’s Indigenous Legal Issues Committee, said the current system was not working.

“Detaining kids at Banksia Hill and the Casuarina prison special wing is clearly not working and the Supreme Court said recently it is not operating in a way that is lawful,” he said

Didn’t “tribal justice” involve genital mutilation with sharp stones?

3. Wodger:

Anyone with any get up and go got up and went.

The sooner we start colonising the moon and Mars the better. The reluctant ones can sit on their arses here on Earth, consuming soy chips and producing more colonists.

4. My lips are sealed Lysander..

Any excuse…

I can see somewhere like Mars being the go-too place for anyone with a desire to leave the soys behind.

5. I was at the Jurien Bay pub with a Minister one evening having a nice civil meal, very quiet, very sober. It was around 6.30pm. A few families around.

By 8.15pm, the lights when down and I noticed all of the families were gone and the skimpies were out.

My advice, as a political adviser, and a person of taste (i.e. not a fan), was “lets not have our photos on the front page of The Worst Australian” and “let’s get the fuck outta here”

6. The spinifex do tend to ramble through the centre of the Cat’s town on a Friday arvo… while those of us in The Worst still have lots of posts to post!

7. Senator Ryan on Trump today:

“I think we’re going to have to do a lot of soul-searching and head-scratching, looking through and parsing the numbers as to why we didn’t perform as well as we would have liked to,” Ryan said. “Ron got re-elected, I’m very happy to see that. It was a mixed blessing night, but we should have done better than we did.”

“I think Trump’s kind of a drag on our ticket,” Ryan said. “I think Donald Trump gives us problems, politically. We lost the House, the Senate and the White House in two years when Trump was on the ballot, or in office.”

“I think we just have some Trump hangover. I think he’s a drag on our office, on our races,” he added.

“It’s really clear to me, and the evidence is pretty stark, that if we have a nominee not named Trump, we’re so much more likely to win the White House than if our candidate’s named Trump,” he continued.

“We have to offer the country a better way forward. I think we have to offer the country solutions,” Ryan said. “We have to offer the country a really clear and compelling choice as to how our party is ripe and ready to solve big problems confronting the country and that we’re putting leaders forward that people can vote for that they want to vote for.”

8. Poop, looks like the wussians got my details via the hack, just got an email from my health insurer.

?????? ????
    rezvyy krot
    (which is frisky mole in russian apparently)

9. Yuan Yi Zhu
    @yuanyi_z
    3h
    I am so glad the Supreme Court of Canada, “the final adjudicator of which contested values in a society should triumph”, has allowed people to realise their constitutional right to life by killing themselves for free.
    Quote Tweet
    Toronto Star
    @TorontoStar
    14h

Last year, the federal government expanded eligibility for Medical Assistance in Dying legislation — or MAiD — so Canadians who aren’t terminally ill can apply for the procedure.

Meet Michael Fraser, who at age 55 ended his life under the legislation.

10. New York Post front page: “Trumpty Dumpty.”

Mudrock press. Very likely ordered editorial line to take.
    Paul Ryan’s mate Lachlan is going to be very pissed off if Trump stands.
    That’s because he will win the primaries in a canter.
    Trump’s Tea Party people will crawl over incandescent broken glass for him.
    And slagging him off is a really great way to get him to stand.
    I love the primary system, it’s so much fun!

11. m0nty says:
    November 11, 2022 at 3:21 pm

Wars changed a little bit I think.

Once the Kherson withdrawal is done, it will be much more artillery and drone bombardment and less infantry battles, with the Dniepr as the major natural barrier.

Who Monty reminds me of when he starts pontificating on military stuff:

Coffee (but no Donut) Ambush

If Sean Bean looked like Monty, it’d be even more ridiculous.

12. I was leaning toward Desantis for POTUS (and I hope he does get there, one day) but after the NY Post cover, I’m rootin for DJT.

How could I have forgotten that nothing beats Trump666 Derangement Syndrome.

13. Hathaway might be James Hathaway, played by the dishy* and very anti-Establishment Laurence Fox. ?
    * Dr Laura Hobson’s description, not mine.

I believe you Calli.

14. China in Focus – NTD
    03:48 Top U.S. General Secures Military Support for Taiwan
    05:11 U.S., Japan Hold Joint Military Drill near Taiwan
    05:33 Calif. Education Board President Gets Chinese Award
    09:09 Nvidia Makes New Chips for China, Evades Export Ban
    10:29 Germany Blocks Chinese Investment in 2 Chipmakers
    12:55 U.S., Taiwan Start Trade Talks, Deepen Relations
    13:59 North Korean Missile Is Soviet-Era: South Korea

15. 02:32 Xi Jinping Tells Chinese Military to Devote All Energy to Preparing to Fight Wars

Reminds me islamic beheadings where they do endless dry runs until the victim is relaxed enough to do the real thing

16. The Taliban have banned women from going for a walk in the park, even if accompanied by a male relative.
    Stand by for a resumption of public executions down at the local arena.

17. Don’t expect a turnaround in the USA.
    It’s stuffed unless they have a 1970s lookalike Chilean General hit man to restore order.
    Big job.
    The zombie left are back in Chile, however. Whether history repeats or rhymes is up to you.
    Ditto Spain.

18. Xi Jinping Tells Chinese Military to Devote All Energy to Preparing to Fight Wars

He’ll be forced to continue living in a basement, scribbling war winning strategies on a blog where his God given gift will be wasted.

Mon Tzu.

19. She handed my mate her onlyfans details on a business card…

Now is it still simping if he peruses what hes already seen in the flesh?

Is he a pay pig?

Look 1/5 of university age women in Australia at one time had a Seeking Arrangement account.

A girl I went to uni with told me she wanted a sugar daddy. I think she meant me.

So I pulled out a chart for CAD:ASX and explain to her the importance of Mt B being approved.

20. And when the war comes, our military savant (Monty) will be found to be medically unfit for service, and we’ll be doomed.

He’ll be forced to continue living in a basement

Isn’t that where he always is anyway?? Writing his award winning pieces for Records Weekly?

21. The Taliban have banned women from going for a walk in the park, even if accompanied by a male relative.

BREAKING

The Taliban have banned sex, even between husband and wife.

“It might lead to walking in parks”, said a spokesman.

22. No, I think his attitude is that, at least re DeSantis, I’m calling in my favor.

How fitting that db should applaud Trump cosplaying as Vito Corleone.

If DeSantis runs, he should expect a horse’s head in his bed.

23. If Sean Bean looked like Monty, it’d be even more ridiculous.

Speaking of the gent, I purchased Civilization VI off of Steam yesterday. It’s on sale at 90% off until 23 Nov, so $8.99. Worthwhile although I still play the previous version from time to time. (File size a chunky 8ish GB.)

Fired it up once it downloaded and quite enjoyed the monologue from the man hisself about the nation I was to lead. Very sharp(e)ish. It was written for that nation, which was Rome I think, so there must be other scripts too for all the other combinations. Only played a few turns to see what it was like: not bad, especially for nine bucks.

24. “Welcome to Country” preformed before the Remembrance Day commemoration. Words fail me, they honestly fvcking do.

When you break it down, it’s fucking disgusting.

25. Dr. Benjamin Braddock
    @GraduatedBen
    15h

26. The tribute to a bunch of unspecified, unnamed and largely unaccomplished elders (past, present and yet to even exist), takes precedence over that of our war dead.

I was in Costco at 11:00am and was absolutely shocked that they had that BS before the Ode to our war dead. Just disgusting I am so sick of the bullshit. No to the inVoice

27. hefrollickingmolesays:
    November 11, 2022 at 7:18 pm
    Kari Lake lost the election to Stacey Abrams in Arizona

Late night ballot dumps to the rescue???

Russian hackers.

28. Just disgusting I am so sick of the bullshit. No to the inVoice

29. “I am so sick of the bullshit. “

Most Australians are, but due to our apathy, it’s become entrenched. About six months ago, I arrived at my office and noticed a piece of paper on my desk. Every desk had them. It was from HR, saying that before every meeting, even a meeting with only three or four people, the welcome to country was to be read.

I threw the piece of paper in the bin, where it belongs.

30. Mitch McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund spent $9 million in Alaska against Republican nominee Kelly Tshibaka, but only $100k in Arizona against Democrat incumbent Mark Kelly.

Even worse he took all that money of Gen. Dan Bolduc, who was extremely competitive (except maybe for the Dem steal).

McConnell is total swamp. He’s one reason I’d like Trump to run again just so he gets apoplectic.
    Even if Trump loses, which he would since no Republican can win in 2024.

31. Mike Martin @ThreshedThought
    Here are some basic geographical facts. The black line is where the front line will shortly be running along the river Dnipro. Obviously attacking across that will be a mission for the Ukr. But look: The Ukr are already over the river further to the E enabling them to hook round

I don’t see any good reason why Ukraine would sue for peace at this point. Russia has extremely narrow, long and vulnerable supply lines. Putin’s mobilisation has had no visible effect so far. Things looking crook for Team Z.

32. Heard AFP Commissioner on radio talking about the Medibank hack. Says knows who they are. Russians.

Then says going to liase with Russian police to bring them to justice. Says won’t be first time brought people from overseas to face trial here.

I guess he must have missed the bit about our Govt supplying military aid to Ukraine.

Just mind blowing BS that he could think INTERPOL might be able to help or that Russian police would even respond. However bonus might be a couple of Russians dying of laughter when hear our request for help.

33. Just mind blowing BS that [AFP Commissioner] could think INTERPOL might be able to help or that Russian police would even respond.

I’m sure Interpol could help but the rest is laughable.

Welcome to the new world order.

Hint: It’s multipolar.

34. How’s about http://www.themilliganproject.com.au (not set up just yet)…

I can put out a call for “intel” to write the book (as she/Vic Pol did on Pell).

I’ll call it “Operation Togethering” or “Operation Blethering”

Lysander I would support it for sure, with a bit of money too. I don’t have much but, as they say, every little bit helps – and I relish the thought of Louse Milligan knowing it’s being written.

35. I’m pretty sure that the US Constitution leaves how elections are run entirely up to each individual state legislature. This is why SCOTUS won’t be interfering in anything, and refuse to hear any cases.

Accordingly, the only way to “stop the steal” is to win those legislatures and change the voting rules. Everyone concentrates on the “House and Senate” seats, but you can only win those if you control how the those seats are determined.

The founding fathers ensured it is a “ground up system”, rather than a “top down system”. In other words, you can’t be in Washington and dictate how elections are run. That’s entirely up to the people of each state to decide.

36. “Welcome to Country” performed before the Remembrance Day commemoration.

Was it a “welcome”, Zulu, or an “acknowledgement”?

Welcome = $500+ for the “performer”, whereas “acknowledgement” can be a quick sentence….

37. McConnell is total swamp.

. He didn’t want to win in the Senate lest he lose his ‘leadership’ of the Senate Republicans. He certainly didn’t want Trump-supported senators that is so obvious. What a creature.

38. Was it a “welcome”, Zulu, or an “acknowledgement”?

In Costco it came over the PA so can’t say who was doing the ‘welcome/acknowledgment’. I will ask and advise

39. State Governors and State Legislators are much more critical than House and Senate seats. It is ultimately where the real power lies. The Democrats have known this for years.

. Indeed

40. Can you imagine Biden with the power to decide how elections are run? Republicans would never get into Government again. Ever.

Yes, that’s a good point.

But SCOTUS has a role to play where state laws contradict federal laws.

As in Arizona recently.

41. I don’t see any good reason why Ukraine would sue for peace at this point.

other than you know europe about to go into a catastrophic energy crisis in 2023, and ukraine having all its critical infrastructure destroyed, nope no reason at all

42. The point he is making here with the map he illustrates is that the Dnipro may be a temporary barrier for the retreating Russian forces as the Ukraine troops who consolidate in Kherson will find it very difficult to attack to the south, but the Russians on the left bank will eventually get flanked by Ukraine circling round from Zaporizhia and attacking from the east.

43. For shame, Tintarella, don’t you realize that Aboriginal souls will be crushed, if the voice fails?

I realise that Aboriginal souls – (mine included it being indigenous to this country) -have no bearing on our Australian Constitution

44. Bruce O’Newk:

I purchased Civilization VI off of Steam yesterday

Just another not fit for purpose piece of shit site.
    Like Windows 11.
    If you don’t allow the Google monster to decide what you want to do with your files, it just won’t do shit. Same with the Samsung Tablet – you don’t choose anything – you just get to pick from options. Their options. Not yours.

45. Mater at 6.11:

Who Monty reminds me of when he starts pontificating on military stuff:

Great scene, and an even better question for mUnter:

‘What is the colour of the boathouse at Hereford?’

46. Dot did you explain to the rent a snatch why the price of CAD is about 1/3 the value of when you were boosting it as the next big thing.

I will be buying a decent tranche cone mid December.

If Mt B gets approved and they get decent drill cores like DEG, good good. 🙂

They basically won in court and being referred back to the Warden’s Court, where they have won again and again.

Story time:

I lost my nerve on CSS and gypped myself out of enough money to buy a house for cash.

Never again!

47. I don’t see any good reason why Ukraine would sue for peace at this point.

Yah. It’s personal now. The Ukrainians are advancing over their own dead to take a Russian to Hell.
    By their teeth, if they can sink them into one. That’s how that part of the world thinks. Very Slavic.

48. Zulu’s piece at 5.04:

And:

I’ll fucking bet they’re interested in it.

49. If Washington Democrats were able to dictate election rules, early voting would be starting 3 months in advance, there would be zero voter ID, non citizens would be eligible to vote and you wouldn’t be able to walk down the street without tripping over an unsupervised drop box.

Everyone concentrates on these “big races” – the Senate and the House. What’s actually more important is the local races.

Look at the races for “School Boards”. Does anyone seriously think CRT being taught in schools would be an issue if parents had been paying attention to what’s been going on at the grass roots level? The School Boards got stacked with leftards and now the entire education system is fucked. Ditto local councils and Sheriff’s Offices.

Republicans need to start fixing this stuff from the bottom up, not the top down.

50. “The degree of personal freedom that exists in a society is determined more by the economic and technological structure of the society than by its laws or its form of government. Most of the Indian nations of New England were monarchies, and many of the cities of the Italian Renaissance were controlled by dictators. But in reading about these societies one gets the impression that they allowed far more personal freedom than our society does.
    In part this was because they lacked efficient mechanisms for enforcing the ruler’s will: There were no modern, well-organised police forces, no rapid long-distance communications, no surveillance cameras, no dossiers of information about the lives of average citizens. Hence it was relatively easy to evade control.”
    ? Theodore J. Kaczynski, Industrial Society and Its Future

51. Steam won’t let me into my account, and without my password/details I can’t complain to them for assistance.

Winston – you might find the workaround to be helpful. On the Steam icon edit it to add the following string: “-noreactlogin” after “Steam.exe” in the Target field. Then when you click on it the old login comes up without the new second factor authentication rubbish.

Has to be Steam.exe though. If you try to start a game without being logged in you get the extra stuff. But once you’re in the game itself will start ok.

I complained to them and had a couple fruitless interchanges until I found this workaround from some nice person on a Reddit or somewhere.

52. Salvatore:
    A question about XXXX Bitter cans.
    I just cracked a carton to get over the elections and the taste is shite.
    I suppose that’s par for the course today, but it’s almost cloyingly sweet as if there’s sod all bitterness in it.
    I realise its a 15.1.23 but its still well within range and has been refrigerated since birth.
    Have there been any complaints you know of?
    I can’t get Emu Bitter here – life’s pretty crap at the moment.

53. Whilst I’m on my rant, the entire election system needs to be overhauled.

There is way too much money (donors) and influence (media/big tech) involved.

I’m personally against regulation, but it’s completely out of control. These people (donors on both sides) are now pretty much buying elections. It’s fucking insane when candidates like Beto and Stacey are burning $100 million and still getting trounced.

Obviously, the media and big tech love the system as it is. Advertising revenue during elections is like Christmas sales, Halloween and Thanksgiving all rolled into one.

54. And what about the RUS forces in Donetsk area that would now be behind the UKR force that has now turned right towards the RUS forces on the left bank?

The methodical way the Ukrainians have handled Kherson shows they are quite capable of doing the Russians slowly.

55. Rogers’s- your quote re the taliban banning sex even between husband and wife – this is what is happemimg to us. Heterosexual behaviour and interplay is deplored where as homosexual behaviour is being framed as ideal.
    Not to mention having babies whic is not a part of you or carried by you.
    Society breakdown -sex gone bad.

56. When someone like Fetterwoman gets elected and touted as a future Presidential candidate, you pretty much know the system is fucked. FFS, only a couple of years back Michael Avenatti was being touted as a future President.

US Politics is total and utter shit show, and Australian politics isn’t far behind.

57. The first series of Jack Reacher was good, tough tv; so naturally the boof-head who played Reacher, and played him well, comes out as woke pinhead who’s leaving twitter because Elon is a free speech absolutist.

Like I say he only things I’ll be able to watch soon will be the Marx Brothers, Screwball comedies, old versions of Jane Austen which don’t have characters turned into blacks, lesbians or otherwise woke dipshits and documentaries about cute owls

58. Tinta:

Yet.
    This is where Woke takes us. When the Preamble is put in, you’ll suddenly find that “Preamble” has a very different meaning to what you thought. A bit like Gay Marriage which translates to Minor Attracted Persons reading poetry to your kiddies.

59. Whilst I’m on my rant, the entire election system needs to be overhauled.

One man, one vote, one finger.
    Coloured purple.
    I’m prepared to move my position to one person, one vote, one finger.
    But no further. 😀

Lately the AEC seems to’ve started to use biros. Not a good move, since biro looks very like printer output. I think ballots should be paper and pencil, because you can’t fake a pencil mark as easily as you can a biro one. But call me old fashioned. Hey that’s an idea! We can do like the Athenians with those disc thingies.

60. LOL, Razey just quoted the Unabomber. That’s the level of discourse in here.

Monty, you are really thick. You realize this don’t you?
    Sheesh even your thickness is thick.
    Razey knows who he is.
    It’s called “irony”.
    Sheesh.

61. LOL, Razey just quoted the Unabomber. That’s the level of discourse in here.

We quote you all the time, boofhead. It’s not an endorsement, for you thickies that can’t tell the difference.

62. When someone like Fetterwoman gets elected and touted as a future Presidential candidate, you pretty much know the system is fucked.

He looks like Joe’s bodyguard, only less smart.

63. Yeah db, after your performance lately I don’t think you can be supercilious. Your side has been losing everything, and your personal predictions have all been dead wrong.

64. and I relish the thought of Louse Milligan knowing it’s being written

Easy fix here if the objective is simply to “piss her off”.

Skip the expenses. Forget the publisher and all the related expenses of writing, printing, advertising, fund raising and all the rest of it.

Just email her and tell her you are writing a book. A well worded email will save you a heap of time, effort and expense. Tell her what you intend to write about and “reach out to her” for comment. Explain to her the “chapters and topics” that your book will be covering, and that you are graciously offering her the opportunity to respond prior to publication.

It should cause her quite a few sleepless nights, and she will probably go to the expense of “lawyering up”.

About an hour of your time. Mission Accomplished.

65. James Morrow is on Sky at the moment and interviewing everyone and anyone who will badmouth Trump. I am really disappointed in him, I expected better.

What is particularly galling of Adam Creighton, whom James is interviewing, is that he is saying that McConnell and McCarthy are not to be blamed as the voters don’t know who they are. It appears that because Trump is known by all he is responsible for everything.

Creighton and Morrow must be auditioning for a job at the ABC or Fairfax/Nine.

66. Except Welcome to Country

Like fuck it is.
    A piece of self serving bullshit that most black fellas cringe at. Except of course, as alluded to earlier, to those ‘performers’ who pocket a nice stipend.
    What is it meant to achieve? What progress has been made since Rudd’s sorry day? In my mind, I think all this crap has lowered toleration between whites and Aboriginal people. When it’s in your face 24/7 it’s easy to tune out, like I do.
    Even the Australian Twenty 20 side has an Aboriginal design splashed on the uniform. I’ve had a gutful.

67. Of course, it’s the Rat. Couldn’t be anywhere else (the Hun):

A regional city has once again been named the cheating capital of Victoria.

New data from dating site Ashley Madison ranks Ballarat seventh on its list of the top 20 cities in the country which are most likely to be hot spots for cheating. This is the second straight year Ballarat has featured on this list, having been placed ninth in the country last year.

Ashley Madison is an online dating site marketed to people who are married or in relationships and has been condemned in the past for its role in fostering infidelity.

The full list, across the nation:

1. Mackay, QLD

15. Newcastle, NSW

16. Brisbane, QLD

17. Hobart, TAS

18. Adelaide, SA

19. Launceston, TAS

20. Melbourne, VIC

Naturally, Canberra’s on the podium.

68. I am sure they will figure out the best locations to hit to disrupt supply lines without getting encircled themselves.

mUnter! The colour of the boathouse!

At Hereford!

69. Bruce of Newcastle says:
    November 11, 2022 at 8:44 pm
    Whilst I’m on my rant, the entire election system needs to be overhauled.
    One man, one vote, one finger.
    Coloured purple.
    I’m prepared to move my position to one person, one vote, one finger.
    But no further. ?

And only on the election day, no pre-polling or postal votes. If you miss out, you miss out.

The only way I would agree to postal votes is if they are counted and made public as soon as they are received so that there are no surprises days or even weeks after the election. The result has to be known the day of the election.

70. A cute owl.

Thigh holsters suck btw

Thigh holsters are sexy, Duk, you should always scroll to the very end of the Week In Pictures on Sundays.

71. In my mind, I think all this crap has lowered toleration between whites and Aboriginal people.

Black Ball, I have noticed this effect as well and not just among older people, kids are getting fed up with it. This means that even the most naive among us are working out that this whole thing has nothing to do with equality but is a form of oppression.

72. Nietzsche and Nihilism – A Warning to the West

They write and write their insufferable
    Sagacious larifari
    As if to Primum scribere
    Deinde philosophari

73. Black Ball, I have noticed this effect as well and not just among older people, kids are getting fed up with it.

Cite you the schools that showed the children “Rabbit Proof Fence” so many times they lost all interest.
    “Well, your great grandfather was farming on the Rabbit Proof Fence, at the time that film was set, and he never said anything about three Aboriginal girls, with a police party in pursuit…”

74. m0ntysays:
    November 11, 2022 at 8:40 pm
    Theodore J. Kaczynski, Industrial Society and Its Future

LOL, Razey just quoted the Unabomber. That’s the level of discourse in here.

75. Like fuck it is.
    What is it meant to achieve?

Make people think founding the Commonwealth of Australia was a bad thing. Undermine the legitimacy of the Australian nation. Cause division- divide and control. All marxist/alinsky poison.

76. Montgomery, New Catallaxy has just demoted you back down to a 1 Star Armchair General.

77. RazörFist
    @RAZ0RFIST
    2h
    Was he?
    Ryan/McConnell/McCarthy gave DeSantis $100+ million, while pulling money OUT of competitive races in NH and AZ. To win a race he was polling 20 points ahead in from the start.
    Are Trump’s remarks directed at DeSantis?
    Or the people *behind* DeSantis?

78. “Yeah db, after your performance lately I don’t think you can be supercilious.”

That’s what you do here everyday, you fat fascist fuckwit.

79. Eva Vlaardingerbroek joins Mark Steyn to discuss Sweden’s anti-lockdown policy

Eva Vlaardingerbroek would be hot with a thigh holster.
    Ok yes she’d still be hot even without one of them.
    A 50 cal Barett in her hands…sigh.
    I can do fantasy.

80. Things db has gotten embarrassingly wrong lately:

-Russia will not run away from Kherson under heavy artillery fire and suffering mass casualties

– Trafalgar Group is a good pollster

– Republicans will win Senate with 53-55 seats

– American women will forget all about abortion rights and instead obsess over the price of eggs

– Cats shouldn’t be doom-and-gloomy about the midterm results

– there will be massive vote dumps overnight favouring Republicans in close races

You’d think after that Masterclass in Wrongology, db might have a spell.

81. Not a good move, since biro looks very like printer output.

I think I read above that they were sending out “pre-printed ballots”. You just needed to sign it. Not sure if it’s true, but if so, it’s really bizarre.

I believe the only possible resolution here might be to have a bipartisan Federal Government Committee do a thorough review of the US Election system and try to come up with a “Recommended Standard Election Procedure” based on “Best Practice”. It’s blindingly obvious that some states handle elections a hell of a lot better than others do.

It would then be up to individual states to either “adopt it”, or do it their “own way” (as is their right). The Federal Government can only offer advice.

The current system is insane, and it appears that Americans are just about fed up. It’s confusing beyond belief, but it just goes to show how the system has been gamed by the respective political parties.

I’m actually surprised that they all managed to agree on the Imperial measurement system, rather than the metric. That must have been an epic shit fight. It probably still is.

82. Arma – I suspect the Dems now have a very extensive database of valid signatures after 2020. Which means they can save on people actually going to nursing homes and ghettos, getting the poor people to sign those preprints etc. It isn’t as if they check the signatures anyway, so a computer generated valid signature isn’t ever going to fail to pass muster.

83. Russia will not run away from Kherson under heavy artillery fire and suffering mass casualties

mOnts, are you suggesting that the Ukrainians are shelling their own city and innocent Ukrainian civilians?

84. Which means they can save on people actually going to nursing homes and ghettos, getting the poor people to sign those preprints etc.

It’s pretty weird scenario in a system where voting is “non compulsory”. Ballot harvesting is akin to pick pocketing and grave robbing.

These people have zero shame.

85. Now if he can manage to shoot a hole in the roof of his basement, he can truly replace Bob.

Dunno, how many times has he shot himself in the arze?

86. there will be massive vote dumps overnight favouring Republicans in close races

The latest “dumps” I saw all favoured Republicans. Lake, Masters and Laxalt.

Do you have something different mOntster? Link please.

87. “Things db has gotten embarrassingly wrong lately:”

You know something fat fascist fuckwit, Dover is the proprietor of this blog and he, like all of us, can get things wrong occasionally. You however get things wrong ALL the time. Oh and have you ever retracted your “rock spider” smear? No. I don’t need to remind you that you got that wrong, big time.

I think it’s time for you to fuck off. Quite frankly, you’re a disgrace.

88. They are shelling the river crossings where Russian soldiers are fleeing en masse.

Hang on. What about the disadvantaged native water carrier women?

Has nobody considered the disadvantaged native water carrier women?

89. “Things db has gotten embarrassingly wrong lately:”

And further to this, there’s no way that Generalissimo Fat Fascist Fuckwit would have ever written that on Sinc’s blog.

90. Things db has gotten embarrassingly wrong lately:

What mass casualties? They are from what I read, about an hour ago, now all on the Left bank and they just blew the Antonov bridge.

– Trafalgar Group is a good pollster

They are. Nothing you actually provided in the mid-terms thread indicated otherwise.

– Republicans will win Senate with 53-55 seats

Looks like I’ll be 2 off. OMG.

They did largely.

– Cats shouldn’t be doom-and-gloomy about the midterm results

Not sure how this isn’t simply a matter of opinion. I’m not by nature a doomer.

I don’t think I’ve said anything about overnight vote dumps. I have said that the remaining vote in AZ favour R strongly which is why they’re slow walking the count.

91. They’re hoping to hold on to the ‘election denier’ description for Kari Lake. Slow walking the count helps this. Eventually, assuming they can’t magic up mystery ballots from multi level car parks, she will win, and they will say the election denier denied her own election, and probably try and run with that, along with all their other extremely obvious dirty tricks. All the while assuming that people will forget that they counted the votes at pre industrial revolution speeds.

92. The latest “dumps” I saw all favoured Republicans. Lake, Masters and Laxalt.

Do you have something different mOntster? Link please.

Laxalt is only 9k ahead, was 30k yesterday and still only 90% reporting. He is going to lose.

Lake the same sort of thing, but her margin is more doable. To be frank I don’t care about governor races, I’d be happy to say Lake wins that one. Masters is a different story.

Sorry can’t do deep links, I am on my phone.

93. The Leak Snr’s impeccable rendering of a Fifties HausFrau.

Magnifique.

The cartoon dates from 2016, presaging the vile decadent idiocy that “the West” has brought upon itself, now barely needing as it is, a proverbial jackbooted kick in the door to bring the whole rotten structure crashing down … 😕

94. Masters has had a few favourable dumps

mUttley – has the Fetterlump had any “favourable dumps” of late or does he need a massive electrickal charge up his clacker do the trick?

You being the only one on this blogue capable of investigating and answering this question.

95. Fetterlump’s current margin is 475.237%. It wasn’t even close, LOL.

A massive and long overdue triumph for the braindead community across the states, which now evidently numbers more than one in two peoples.

Idiocracy – no longer satire, your are now existing in it.

Break out the Brawndo – its got electroloitz, I tells ya!

96. Cassie of Sydney says:
    November 11, 2022 at 2:00 pm

“All of the world’s billionaires are brash, rude and vulgar? Ridiculous, and just plain wrong. Prove it. (Don’t forget Hathaway in your analysis).”

Who is “Hathaway”? Or is this, yet again, just another manifestation of your crazed obsession?

Heh.

Just testing your apparently encyclopaediac knowledge of billionaires and their personalities.

Berkshire Hathaway = that well known brash vulgarian, Warren Buffet.

97. 1. Rabz, stop believing Cohenite, he is not a source.
    2. Cohenite, no Kari Lake is not gone, the DecisionDesk feed does not show anyone as a winner of AZ yet, there is 17% of the vote to count and only 1.3% between them.
    3. Stop talking about the mid-terms on the non-midterms thread.

98. Fetterman’s current margin is 4.2%

more like Fetterman’s cognitive abilities are 4.2%

only a retard like mUnty could chant “progress” after seeing that elected

but then apparently, a dead person was elected as well if you can believe it.

the will of the people … apparently

99. Masters has had a few favourable dumps but others that went against him. The margin there is too great, still 6% with 82% reporting. That implies he needs more than a 2:1 margin in remaining votes. That’s not going to happen.

Reported on the mid-terms thread:

Harmeet K. Dhillon

Pima 114,203
    Pinal 16,281
    Yavapai 12,458
    Yuma 9,180

100. you can’t put two decent words together when you’re not sloshed

geez mUnty,

for a bloke that wastes his time here essentially paraphrasing other people’s gibber he’s read on the internet, that’s a bit rich

101. Majority of these will be Election Day drop-offs and will break strongly R, while the last two days have been all I think pre-election day votes from Pima and Maricopa county.

Correct. The Democrats got swamped on election day because voters didn’t trust them. Hand delivered ballots on election day. Masters was getting 70% of the ballots. Lake was getting 68%. The Democrats are hoping that slowing down the vote will see another miraculous arrival of truck loads of ballots.

Ain’t going to happen. Too many eyes this time around.

102. Dillo!

Whilst I’m on my rant, the entire election system needs to be overhauled.
    There is way too much money (donors) and influence (media/big tech) involved.

Yes to the overhaul of the system. Voting ID has become an entry point for universal identity with everyone required to have papers – electronic or otherwise, when the problem is simply identifying who has, or has not voted.
    My favourite is the indelible finger dye. Any issues with that – like having no fingers or otherwise can be dealt with in a practical manner, and we really don’t need to discuss them at the moment.
    Go for the simpler solution and be done with it.
    A simple piece of paper and ink (biro) collected and collated, then sealed for transport will help restore public confidence in the voting process, which appears -in the US – to be taking quite a hammering.
    At no point should the original vote be digitised or electronically stored in any way except as an adjunct with the original vote as the copy of record.
    1 election day and if you can’t get your shit together to get to the voting office once every three years well, tough shit.
    If you’re in hospital or otherwise incapacitated, we used to have teams from the electoral office come around to the bedside to record your vote.
    Simple and relatively

103. As an aside, I heard that Dominion had machines active in both the Victorian and Queensland elections – does anyone know of this?

Unlikely, since you just made that up.

104. Flying duk:

Thigh holsters suck btw

Needs a couple of valium* to get rid of the excessive muscle tone (some form of tetany?) and five kilos more. Quite cute owl but is going to look real hard if she doesn’t take my advice)
    *a few drinks will suffice in lieu of the valium.

105. WokDoctor:

Regular food bought in average supermarkets in NZ, whilst significantly more expensive than the equivalent quality supermarkets in the US, nonetheless the quality of everyday products is much higher and is akin to the quality you can only get in the US at more expensive farmers markets and upmarket shops like Whole Foods. It is well known that NZ’s year-round outdoor grass grazing of cows leads to rich and creamy milk, butter, cheese, cream, chocolate and ice cream, but I was reminded that ordinary day to day veges like onions, spring onions, carrots, celery, potatoes etc. just have more flavour and colour than average veges bought in US supermarkets. NZ’s more local market gardens growing in rich, naturally watered soils yield better and tastier products than the industrial scale farms in the US and increasingly Mexico.

From your links last night: https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2022/11/nz_four_years_on_bittersweet_-_part_1.html
    Brings me back to the point I tried to make a month or two ago about locally produced food. I remember nearly every country town in Australia had a wizened old Chinese* husband and wife team that would run a market garden and produced heaps of food – fresh, really nice food. (Every now and then we’d get an overrun of cabbage or zucchini or carrots, and we’d guts out on the donated excess)
    If there were two of these farms the competition would be fierce to produce the best vegies and who could anticipate the market most accurately. There were also chooks competing to lay the biggest and bestest eggs. There were many dairy farms and by magic, urns of milk would appear as the sun rose.
    The farmers would get together to play some tile game and drink some Chinese tea which made them giggle a lot. I’m not sure but I think there was a lot of planning and not too much competition at these sessions.
    It wasn’t until I got much older and into a certain level of self sufficiency that I realised just how much these little paddocks added to the resiliency of the communities they served. Looking at the current situation where an insufficiency of government planning and just plain common bloody sense has made us susceptible to food shortages of second grade vegetables that are more focused on travel than taste, and to the advantage of the sellers and truckers than to the customer.
    And really, when you look at the prices in the supermarkets for fresh food, have we gained anything? In fact if you were to try to set up a market garden – not a Farmers Market – which is just a rip off of trendie types who are too ignorant of how society works to understand the fleecing they are getting, you would be immediately crushed by the bureaucracy set up by the big boys to prevent this competition.
    I was thinking of setting up some hives recently, more because it looks like an interesting past time than any desire to grow bees to make mead. The legislation and regulation is just mind blowing – and soul destroying.
    Where else in the world has there been needed legislation to enter private property, to destroy crops and equipment, seize fertilisers and yes, the very ground the food is grown in to protect the AGro Businesses who can afford the paperwork to show compliance?
    We used to have some independence in rural Australia but now I feel just more and more dependent on organisations over which I have less and less control every day, and more and more dependent on a controlling industrial conglomeration.
    Anyway, I’m off to setup a batch in the still I bought recently, and if no more is heard of me, you may use the still to produce Isopropyl alcohol… 🙂
    *Probably Vietnamese, Laotian, Khmer, whatever, but they were always “Chinese”.

106. Dover Beach:

Are Trump’s remarks directed at DeSantis?
    Or the people *behind* DeSantis?

An argument that holds an awful lot of truth, but is probably too difficult to be put succinctly to the Left who will refuse to hear it anyway.