908 thoughts on “Open Thread – Weekend 4 Dec 2021”

1. any one got a good link to ivermectin where I can pay by CC? Payunpal is blocking my o/s payment because I have to prove who I am or some such and I cant get past the first page which is address – technically I dont have a street address, but if I put in the address which is that of my account and of my ccs, it seems computer says no.

I have pour on but want the tabs.

2. any one got a good link to ivermectin where I can pay by CC?

genericsaustralia dot net, will be blocked first time. CBA will ask if its a fraud, replying no, will unblock second time. mileage with different banks will vary.
    or you can try indiamart

3. Pleased that I at least refused to partake in the farce of “democratic elections” yesterday & told the booth official not to explain anything as I would be “voting” informal as a protest. At least avoided the further insult of a fine.

I used my black marker to doodle on both ballots .. LOL!
    Won’t matter tho, this is Fairfield, NSW .. they know who is in long before the voting .. havin, a choice, elections are just for show in this Labor fiefdom ..!

4. Status update:

Everyone fine, little bloke now officially off home detention, missus one mor day to go, me 3 more days because unvaxxed.

School came forward with some interesting information: Infected kid was in school for a couple of days amongst his 20 classmates. Out of that exposure, three kids tested positive including the little bloke.

3/20 = 15%

Looks terribly like the Ruby Princess ratio of 19% despite being a much smaller data set.

There is no science in this festival of horseshit. Every single fucking scientist and politician involved with this needs Nuremberg 2.0.

5. Cassie

Been said before, but worth saying again. Only the rich can afford to be socialists (and the Slime are simply extreme socialists).

6. Depressing…and the vote for the Marxist Greens in my ward was depressingly high, hugely wealthy people voting Green.

Unsurprising.
    Hugely Wealthy people fund the Greens, they’re the Exclusive Brethren among the political Parties.
    The Greens never saw a Vaccine they didn’t want to Mandate for everybody at the point of a gun, either.

7. I am not even worried enough to get the Mr Ed treatment. 30% of the population have natural immunity!

Vaccination may be necessary to get out of here. If I can get a better, thus far unapproved vaccine and leave before all States get Dan Andrews like powers to defy God himself (unlikely, but Caesaropapism is the ultimate logical conclusion of this…), then my small compromise is worth it.

Not the same as a beer for a jab – or a fun size Mars Bar for each time you are sodomised.

8. It’s a triumph in terms of what government in partnership with the community can do

A partnership so good that it requires a militarised police force beating the fuck out of the community and employers threatening to terminate them.

The Bat Eared Mong is one sick fucker.

9. (Nine?) News on the radio here in central Victoriastan reporting some 30 or so Covid infections, with some in hospital and one on a ventilator, from the Melbourne rally last weekend. Really?? As if any genuine freedom protester who became sick would blame it on the rally? Sounds to me like dictator Dan’s media advisors are spreading fake news to justify the new draconian crackdown that is coming on the 17th December. Political and MSM scum!

10. Helen, hubby did our online order and like Zipster, he had a callback from NAB asking about the overseas transaction, two different interrogators involved and a bit of gobbledygook about “are you ordering something illegal?” He hung up expecting that the transaction would be blocked but it wasn’t, we tracked the package from Bombay to Hong Kong to Sydney where it sat for a week, but it turned up here in perfect condition. We did not use Paypal, used international banking online from our own account.
    US friends unvaxed recently holidayed in Mexico and caught covid, they treated themselves with these same packs plus Vits C and D, their home covid tests were positive but turned negative after 4 to 5 days. They knew they were “under the weather” and one had a temp, and tired, but now all recovered.

11. It’s a triumph in terms of what government in partnership with the community can do

I haven’t scrolled up.
    Is this something about the glories of the DDR?

12. Do Council elections matter ..?
    I don’t know about other LGAs but I do know that out here in Fairfield, NSW the top 3 employee jerbs (money & hierarchy) are all held, and have been for over a decade, by folk who don’t and have never lived in the Fairfield LGA .. these positions pay between $250 000 & $550 000 a year so you’d really expect that such well paid, influenced, input into running Fairfield would inspire more confidence if those that make the, crucial, decisions were spending their leisure time experiencing those, same decisions ….
    I know we have an “elected” Council to I, assume, provide input and oversight but it isn’t quite as personal as having “skin in the game” especially in a Labor fiefdom (thru ALL levels of gummint!) where troughin’ is a much more important consideration than the interests of the small-folk ..

13. “It’s listed on NASDAQ, it must be bad”

14. 30% of the population have natural immunity!

Ruby Princess says 80%!

Unfortunately, its had, not necessarily have. We don’t know the effect the vaccines are having on natural immunity.

15. His point wasn’t that it was listed on NASDAQ, it was that the top two shareholders are Vanguard and Blackrock, the same two companies that own pretty much everything and are at the top of the pyramid of those running this whole scam, plus climate change plus whatever else they’re doing to enslave us.

Those two companies have a finger in pretty much every pie in the world, so I’m not sure that’s a point against a relatively small company. Oh the other hand it also gives them more leverage over such a company.
    If you start seeing conspiracy around every tree, well, you’ll never see anything as safe.

16. It’s a triumph in terms of what government in partnership with the community can do

Is this something about the glories of the DDR?

I liked DDR stamps. Maybe Dan can issue some Victorian stamps in commemoration of his awesomeness. The KGB knew a lot about partnershipping: ‘dear prole, you will now be partnershipped in the glorious service of the Soviet state, whereby you will starve and work yourself to death in partnership with our Marxist-Leninist enlightenment’.

17. 5 days ago: Palaszczuk warns QLDers Omicron could be more dangerous than Delta.

Today: QLD vax rates have jumped amidst fears of Omicron.

Recently: British scientists apologise for using fear to promote compliance, admit it was unethical.

18. His point wasn’t that it was listed on NASDAQ, it was that the top two shareholders are Vanguard and Blackrock, the same two companies that own pretty much everything and are at the top of the pyramid of those running this whole scam, plus climate change plus whatever else they’re doing to enslave us.

Some truth in that.

Go woke, go broke? Americans don’t care for corporate activism (2 Dec, via Don Surber)

A new warning to woke CEOs: Americans don’t want corporations meddling in divisive political issues, and they perceive such activism as phony pandering. There’s also a huge gap between what consumers believe about woke activism compared with out-of-touch executives, according to a study conducted by the Brunswick Group, a management firm.

Brunswick found 63 percent of corporate executives “agree unequivocally that companies should speak out on social issues,” but a mere 36 percent of voters agree. Corporate brass also has “a highly inflated sense of how effective corporate communication has been on social issues compared to voters.”

An overwhelming 74 percent of business executives think corporate activism is effective, compared with just 39 percent of voters.

19. Mak S, I wonder if the reports of a central-Victorian breakout after last week’s march is intended to put a damper on Ballarat’s one today. Any covid story I hear from official sources now has me looking for an agenda.

Would have liked to make a day trip of it in support but family commitments…

20. Increasingly the CEOs and corporate executives think they know better than their unwashed recalcitrant customers. Unfortunately for those ineffable people not only are they wrong about that but they’re also wrong about all their pet progressive doctrines like Covid vaccination, global warming, racism, qwertyism and hell, which is where they’re rapidly going.

FMD, you’re a hallucinating fool. The most successful US firms are the most woke. Which one is going broke of these? Google, Facebook, Blackrock? These are these examples of the wokeiest firms in the US and the among the most successful. You’re totally blind to reality.

21. Eat your head off is what I meant to write. Omicron is worse than Ebola, TB and AIDS all rolled together. It’ll also give you the sniffles.

22. N.K. Players: The reason for emphasising alleged covid infections arising from protests is pretty simple.

1/ Give demos a bad name (but don’t mention the thousands who will be at the MCG today to celebrate the demons’ grand final win)

2/ Bring the new Pandemic legislation to bear on protests, effectively banning them while unleashing the Riot Squad and its plastic bullets.

This is Victoria. Every public institution, from courts to cops to public health, has been corrupted. The only solution is to leave.

23. An overwhelming 74 percent of business executives think corporate activism is effective …

I should imagine that number be approaching zero if they had Berkshire-Hathaway sized investors suing them for failing to enhance shareholder value.

24. BoN do you want my stamp collection? It’s been sadly neglected since I got my Commodore 64, but it’s still at Mum’s.

Nelson – Mine’s at my dads. I sold my C64, and eventually also sold my SX64, which I wrote my PhD thesis on. That may’ve been a unique event in the universe. Neat bit of kit for the time.

Strange things happen sometimes. One day as a kid we were driving along the Princess Hwy somewhere south of Ulladulla, and my dad spotted a derelict sawmill near the road. So we stopped and wandered around it. It had a tiny office shack, about 3 by 2m. We went inside and found the whole floor was covered in old envelopes. Glorious range of early Australian stamps: many 1s Lyrebirds and a whole bunch of various Georges. We took a barrow load of them and we kids steamed off the stamps and swapped them to great effect. That same trip we dropped into the Bega cheese factory, and bought a 2 kilo block which we shaved off and ate all the way to Sydney. Road trips can be totally awesome sometimes.

25. The ABC: TGA provisionally approves Pfizer for 5-11 year olds.

“Head of the TGA, Professor John Skerritt, said the vaccine had been extensively tested in children with no safety concerns arising.

“There were no safety signals, as we call them, no safety problems identified in those trials,” he said.”

So why is the approval only provisional?

Did the ABC journalist care to ask that question? It seems not.

26. BoN do you want my stamp collection? It’s been sadly neglected since I got my Commodore 64, but it’s still at Mum’s.

That reminds me…I must dig out my train set.

It got packed away when I discovered girls.

27. There was method in my madness of doing a 400 page thesis on a SX64. Not dot matrix either, that was verboten. I had to buy a daisywheel printer and a wordprocessor that would let me swap daisywheels mid sentence (for the Greek character set). The primary reason was that our faculty of the premier university in Australia didn’t get their first PC until about two months before I had to submit my thesis. So it was wordprocess it on my Commodore, which I bought with my own tiny supply of money worked for in the mines (literally), or do it on a typewriter. Such are prestigious universities.

/rant

28. We don’t know the effect the vaccines are having on natural immunity.
    They remove it and replace with a narrow immunity to the variant that the vax was designed for.

29. any one got a good link to ivermectin where I can pay by CC?

I tried this, but the whole process was so Kafka-esque that I still don’t know if I actually managed to order any. You are probably dealing with people who don’t really understand English so all communication is seemingly translated out of the original Sanskrit.

You can get Eraquell easily from eBay, no questions asked.

30. Interesting though, iPad wouldn’t allow me to progress to checkout.
    Jumped on desktop and order went straight through.

My old iPad mini refuses to connect to this blog either on the home WiFi network which is via Internode or the Telstra wireless net. So it is an Apple problem. The battery is dying anyway and the aviation data/navigation programs are now available for Android, fully featured, so it will be replaced by an Android tablet.
    Apple is a cult.
    Apple is overpriced shit. Glitzy looking stuff that isn’t all that durable and operates not nearly as well as they claim.

31. Nelson – Somehow I found a wordprocessor on cartridge which would do what I needed. Bought it from the States. It worked great, although with all the daisywhel changes is took 23 hours to print out my thesis draft. Even then I made heaps of errors, which my nice supervisor and markers corrected for me.

Even in my first full time job we still had a typing pool. A couple years later we started to get PCs and the typists were all fired, sadly. They were nice and patient ladies. I think Wordstar was my first work wordprocessor and I loved it until Word started to take over. Learned all the control-shift keystrokes fluently.

The SX64 was wonderful because I could take it to the uni lab and type while the experiments were stewing on the bench. Protolaptop! The tiny colour screen was amazing, although I suspect I did bad things to my eyesight.

32. TGA provisionally approves Pfizer for 5-11 year olds.

This is the vaccine that FIOA released FDA provisional approval documents show killed 1,223 of those it was administered to in the first trial. Roughly 3.0% of the 40,000 participants. Pfizer, true to their usual immorality and incompetence also seems to have monkeyed with the participants, 60% women, clearly even at this stage the knew it was more dangerous for men.

Are the TGA incompetent or complicit?

33. Even in my first full time job we still had a typing pool. A couple years later we started to get PCs and the typists were all fired, sadly. They were nice and patient ladies.

Knew a bloke who used to work for TRW in LA. They did the same thing so they then had engineers doing their own typing and then hired a bunch of network maintenance engineers. Hmmm.

34. Custard

So what computer brand is superior? Anything Microsoft has a patch update almost everyday and if you don’t run anti-virus your system ends up being infected.

35. For 15 years I’ve run everything with Apple and have parallels to support microtheft software and never an issue with malware or a virus.

Even for Excel? Excel and VBA stop Microsoft being a complete joke.

36. Mak Siccar says:
    December 5, 2021 at 10:15 am

If most people at the march were carrying mobile phones, wouldn’t the government know exactly who had been there? If market research companies can access data like that, naturally governments will be doing it.

How about comparisons with 100,000 other people who were at various other outdoor activities, how many of them got the virus? Maybe fewer, but maybe more. Why aren’t they providing that data for comparison?

37. Peeps should be careful as I note the tabs treat a horse up to 700kg

Haha, I just had a mental image of a few old, Catallaxy crackers in a dark basement under swinging light, ‘cutting’ the latest batch of tabs into edible portions.

Who’s going to don the trenchcoat and sell the stuff?

38. Excel and VBA stop Microsoft being a complete joke.

Dot – Seconded. I loved Excel and could make the universe sing using VBA macros. Previously had to use 123 and 2020 (betcha you haven’t heard of the latter) when we used to say to managers we should get Excel. Colour graphs and text! Luxury! I made a customer happy once when I visualized his drill cores by linking a vast Excel spreadsheet with a Powerpoint map graphic so he could point and click his drill hole locations on the geo’s map. All easy these days, but it was novel then and he liked it. Dunno why but VBA clicked for me much better and more fluently than the C++ macros they went to.

Btw I used to have an Amiga Sidecar. That is seriously anal.

39. BoN do you want my stamp collection? It’s been sadly neglected since I got my Commodore 64, but it’s still at Mum’s.
    This is a worry! .. I still collect stamps … LOL!
    Originally started with Grandees & a, future, nest egg in mind but as time has worn on and technology/computing has, basically, killed the money making side of the hobby the collection has grown soooo big (we’re not just talking Oz decimal & pre decimal, complete!)) but some, what should have been, very expensive thematic albums (including, what may be, the largest collection of TITANIC stamps in the, bloody, world! .. and take my word for it ! .. there is NO such thing as a cheap TITANIC stamp, adding O/S postage available .. duuuh!) I find even tho I know I’m still wasting money I keep going ……. duuuuuuuh!

40. Bye-bye, Heston Russell.

41. Are the TGA incompetent or complicit?

The TGA takes its cues from the US FDA.

The only reason it seems to exist is because it’s expected that a sovereign nation will have its own drug approval authority. Most of its work is just rubber stamping testing done overseas.

42. …never an issue with malware or a virus

As long has you don’t dip your laptop in other peoples networks then you are probably pretty safe.
    When you start plugging into whatever is around, that’s when the trouble starts.

43. Mak Siccar says:
    December 5, 2021 at 10:15 am

It wasn’t one rally but the recent three.
    That’s twenty one days and in that time Victoria has had over 25,000 cases.
    30 of these were people who attended the protest.
    That is 0.12% of recorded cases.
    Bullshit narrative only for the extremely thick.

44. “C.L.says:
    December 5, 2021 at 12:14 pm
    Bye-bye, Heston Russell.

However, ABC Investigations has obtained evidence that Mr Russell sold explicit images via OnlyFans just weeks later, charging $US60 ($94 at the time) on Anzac Day last year for a picture of himself holding his erect penis.”

I remain utterly gobsmacked that someone could do such a thing.

45. Pemulwuy – The Rainbow Warrior. By: Eric Willmot

This epic novel is a captivating story, based on true events, which every Australian should read.

‘This is more than a novel, more than a story, it is the Big Bang: where the idea of Australia starts.’ Stan Grant

This is the story of one of Australia’s first true heroes, Pemulwuy. A proud and feared Aboriginal warrior, Pemulwuy leads an uncompromising twelve-year war against British colonial oppression and makes the supreme sacrifice in order to guide his people to safety.

Many histories of Australia start with the First Fleet and the hard times the colonists had with the climate and unruly convicts. Very few mention what really happened, or the blood that was spilled in the wars rarely spoken of. Pemulwuy, a Bidjigal man, unites the neighbouring peoples, runaway convicts, bushrangers and an escaped African known as Black Caesar, in a guerilla war that pushes the invading English to the brink.

This novel was conceived out of Pemulwuy’s legend and the historical events between 1788 and 1802.
    It is a story that all Australians should know.

About the Author
    Dr Eric Willmot AM was for many years an authority on the life and times of Pemulwuy. He wrote the novel, Pemulwuy: The Rainbow Warrior, which was a landmark publication, a best seller, and has been included in secondary and tertiary education curricula across Australia.

A visionary and a dreamer, a scholar, educator inventor and engineer, Eric was born in Queensland and spent his childhood on an island (Crib Island) which no longer exists. He spent his youth as a drover, working in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. At the age of 20, Eric was seriously injured in a rodeo accident and spent a year in hospital. During that period he studied for his matriculation, won a scholarship, and attended the University of Newcastle, where he took his first degree in science.

He became increasingly interested in indigenous education, which he viewed as the most important and intriguing part of Australian education. In 1980, he found that there were less than 100 university graduates of indigenous descent in Australia. Eric is known in Australian Aboriginal society as the main architect of the national education program begun in 1979, which aimed to produce 1000 graduates by 1990. In 1990 that program had produced 1800 graduates and transformed the society significantly.

Eric was also an engineer and prolific inventor. During his lifetime, Eric held over 90 international patents. These covered a range of technology from a continuously variable ratio transmission system to a helical skewer. In 1981 Eric was named Australian Inventor of the Year, and twice won the Medaille d’Or Genève of the Salon des Inventions in Geneva, Switzerland.

He died in 2019.

46. Just thinking:
    Rather than have these Marches with no stated purpose, no order of business, followed by speakers mostly talking gibberish,
    why not have Marches calling for a Moratorium on Covid Vaccinations?
    It’s been done before and
    theories on the origin, infectiousness and spread of Covid/19 are even stupider
    than the Domino Theory, so why not?

47. Russell has embarrassed a lot of people who were eager to help defend the SAS.

48. It’s been done before and
    theories on the origin, infectiousness and spread of Covid/19 are even stupider
    than the Domino Theory, so why not?

Go back to bed, Grigory.

And stop wasting the Cats’ Sunday with your Gypsum-fuelled stupidity.

49. Russell has embarrassed a lot of people who were eager to help defend the SAS.

Wow- Their ABC certainly has an interesting response when called out for journalistic bastardry, eh?

50. Bye-bye, Heston Russell.

Admittedly, it doesn’t take much to confuse me these days, but the Heston Russell I saw being interviewed a month or two ago, did not look like the bloke featured in the ABCess website.

ABCess Investigations.
    Yep.

51. “CNN fires Chris Cuomo over brother scandal
    CNN says it has hired a law firm to investigate his involvement in the defence of his brother, former NY governor Andrew Cuomo.”

Nice, very nice.

52. “C.L.says:
    December 5, 2021 at 12:28 pm
    Russell has embarrassed a lot of people who were eager to help defend the SAS.
    They will no longer have confidence his version of the truth in Afghanistan should be believed.”

I do recall that Andrew Hastie wasn’t very complimentary about Russell.

53. Had Wordstar on a Commodore 64 via a plug in cartridge on the back. Then moved over the an IBM compatible. Eventually to a Mac and stayed there ever since.

54. Russell has embarrassed a lot of people who were eager to help defend the SAS.

I have been trying to warn people (albeit subtly) for a number of years, to stand clear of the issue, and let it resolve itself.
    Murky waters lie that way.

I’ll leave it at that, and comment no further.

55. Even in my first full time job we still had a typing pool.

my first ever program to go into production was hand written onto coding sheets and typed onto punch cards by the lovely ladies in the ‘pool’. Then they rolled out the 3270 terminals.
    , 1 per ‘pod’ of 4, then 1 per pair then 1 each, over the period of 3 months. I scored a 3279 capable of dsplaying 4 colours as I was in group that did a lot of work creating graphs using GDDM.

56. Dot says:
    December 5, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Even for Excel? Excel and VBA stop Microsoft being a complete joke.

Dot, I have a charting system that operates only through Microtheft and therefore I need Parallels- which allows Microtheft to work on an Apple. There’s a fucking patch or update coming through almost every freaking day. I know this because I have to load the charting system every time and it’s annoyingly frequent. On the other hand, there’s relatively little updating for Apple products. I have Excel&Word for Apple and no issue.

57. Anyway this gives a whole new meaning to “going commando”

lol. I really don’t get these idiots sending dick pics over the web. It’s not just depraved, but it’s also idiotic.

58. I am no fan of MicroSatan but in fairness, after using it exclusively at home for more than 20 years I have never had a problem with viruses or malware. I used some of the free anti viral programs that were available, but since getting W10 have relied on their inbuilt zapper, which has been 100% effective.

The updates are annoying but hardly daily – more like once a month or so.

That, plus being sensible about not clicking on links in emails or on unknown websites, seems to have provided all the protection required.

I have had a weird thing happen on my (Android) phone, though, but not via the internet. I got a missed call message from a friend, and when I returned it was put through to a number in Africa. Apparently this happens when someone in your contacts list gets their phone hacked. I told my friend about it and he managed to purge whatever it was from his phone, and I haven’t had any more trouble.

Perhaps it has been good luck, but I suspect that a bit of prevention and a low social media profile go a long way in these matters, for individuals at least.

Corporates is a whole other kettle of fish.

59. The US doesn’t appear to be heading to any recession soon. .. Not even hyperinflation 🙂

Art Fairs
    ‘We Cannot Keep Up’: Dealers Return to a Red-Hot Market at Art Basel Miami Beach, Where VIPs Are Clamoring for Contemporary Art

Tens of millions of dollars’ worth of sales were cemented within the preview’s first few hours.

60. Art Fairs

Mileswmathis says all astronomical prices paid for Contemporary Art are money laundering.
    He gives the “work” of Mark Rothko as an example.
    Much of Mathis’s stuff is sketchy, but he appears to be on solid ground there.

61. He’s a grifter, the ABC shot him down.

It was the one I used for Australian Conservatives.

62. That being said, what on earth was he thinking?

Remember, Class Enemies are not allowed to swipe back when the Great and Good set forth to victimise them…

63. Look, I headed off microtheft and swore never again after that late term abortion of a program introduced midway through last decade. I can’t recall the name… Vista?

Having said that, they’re truly fucking successful having standardised commercial software and ripped the heart out of IBM. I don’t think microtheft gives a shit about their home use applications in comparison. What a turnaround though. Just incredible.

64. Speaking of grifters, somehow Russell – and several other ostensibly conservative organisations -got an email address of mine.

It was the one I used for Australian Conservatives.

Either Australian Conservatives had poor security or it was a Honey Trap.

65. The story will, no doubt, be more complicated than a quickly-assembled and lurid hatchet job to ‘get’ someone who has caused them a minor spot of public embarrassment.

The thing here is, Rex, that if you head up a political party called Australian Values Party, promising to restore integrity and leadership to Australian politics based on your career as a soldier – and you’re serious about it – you don’t have a side gig selling pics of your willy standing at attention on the interwebs.

66. People go to the Miami Basel art fair to clean their dollars.

That’s how Money Laundering works.
    No one’s hanging this shit above the mantelpiece, no matter how much they paid.

67. Russell has embarrassed a lot of people who were eager to help defend the SAS.

Or is Josh Robertson just pissed Heston was holding his own todger and not his?

Seriously, everyone’s up in arms because an obviously tapped veteran who is employed by a veterans mental health charity and subsequently does something stupid and is outed by some gay bloke at the ABC who is trawling gay forums and stumbles across a story?

I find no reason not to support the SAS, I don’t expect people who serve in the military to be wholly normal, as individuals.

But thank god the pure as the driven snow Catallaxy files can always find a comrade in the ABC to shine it’s pristine light into dark places.

FMD!

68. That’s how Money Laundering works.
    No one’s hanging this shit above the mantelpiece, no matter how much they paid.

Explain in some detail how it works and why it works in the art market.

Go!

69. That’s how Money Laundering works.

Really? I wash mine in Gypsum. It’s the only way to get the stains put and really restore the shine.

And nowhere near as expensive for airfares…

70. It’s a technique, or subset of lying.

Rather than a baldfaced statement, a word is repeated to create a subliminal impression. The best one so far is “rare” when applied to vaxx reactions. Another is “safe and effective”.

There were some fabulous ones during the Trump era – compilations of the MSM using the same word or phrase across all networks and platforms. Creepy, scripted stuff.

71. ”Gaslighting” is just a new term for lying, yeah?

Combined with wilful and deliberate manipulation for malicious ends.

Which is why it is always amusing when the Left try to complain using that term.

72. Mid 1960s I worked in the PMG computer centre in North Sydney (Union Street next to pub .. LOL), computer took up a whole floor & might of been comparable to the power of the, later, C64 ..
    We used to do all the NSW phone billing back then (which was not a daunting task!) .. info came in on paper tape rolls, daily, then needed re-spooling before transfer onto punch cards by a team of, around, 30 women before off to the computer folk upstairs ending up back downstairs on continuous perforated sheets to be fed into fed into a splitter/enveloper machine (about 4 metres long) .. great fun & games as the envelope end regularly stuffed up and manual paper insertion was fairly normal … LOL!

73. They way I understand gaslighting Gab is that say the ABC says it’s raining, you look outside and it’s sunny but you don’t go out because you believe the ABC.

74. Thought about an Amiga with a bridge board but never went there. Did it actually perform as intended?

NKP – Yes. Railroad Tycoon on the sidecar in all its four colour glory was excellent. RT is still a fine educational tool for kids. Panic!!!

Meanwhile on the Amiga side was playing fine space sims in 16 colours. And many excellent wargames from our own SSG, like Reach For The Stars and Warlords. I once had the privilege of playing a game of Civilization (the Hasbro boardgame) with Ian Trout and several others at CanCon. He was seriously good.

75. It does, JC. The 1944 movie “Gaslight” – Ingrid Bergman is the victim of the manipulation.

The house lighting is used to create an impression of fear and uncertainty with the intention of driving her mad. I won’t give any more away, as it’s a thriller and it’s bad form to give away too much of the story.

76. Why gaslighting though? How did the term originate as it must have some even loose connection to gaslight?

Google it!
    Title of a 1945 film starring Charles Boyer as the evil husband trying to convince wife Ingrid Bergman [and other parties] she’s losing her mind, assisted by evil housekeeper Angela Lansbury.

77. Mid 1960s I worked in the PMG computer centre in North Sydney (Union Street next to pub .. LOL), computer took up a whole floor & might of been comparable to the power

I always describe to the kids the first 1gb hard drive I ever saw. It was the size of a small fridge and cost nearly 250k in 1980$.
    Then I do the lesson on sizes eg mb,gb,tb etc.
    Then I hold up my 1tb micro SD card. Eyes usually as big as saucers at that point.

78. And not just a “word”. Actions and pictures can be used.

Remember all the pictures of armoured vehicles being moved after the US elections, giving the impression of imminent martial law? Or the drop deads in Wuhan? All the QAnon rubbish? The internet is truly fertile ground.

The use of “paleface” filters on the murderous SUV driver by various media outlets is a form of gaslighting, designed to give the impression that he wasn’t black.

79. CL

I hope so. But I tell you what, when I read your comment, it made me think of beginnings of Foxnews when the bald guy went to Murdoch after he’d left the Bush Snr administration and was bankrolled with $10 million to start a conservative leaning (ie honest) cable news channel. A few years later Foxnews was making $US450 million a quarter.

50% or more of the public is clamoring an for alternative to leftwing scumbags. Trump sees an opening and has been testing the water for a while now.

80. The house lighting is used to create an impression of fear and uncertainty with the intention of driving her mad.

Have you seen the film?
    Boyer and Lansbury manipulate situations to cause Bergman and others to believe that she is losing her mind.
    The film is set in 1890s London, when streetlighting was gaslit, hence the title.

81. EvilElvis says:
    December 5, 2021 at 1:01 pm

I was about to write something similar when I scrolled up and saw your comment. Well done.

I’m not prepared to spit on someone based solely on the word of a organisation with long experience in seeking to undermine and damage the reputation of our armed forces, based on often spurious, poorly-researched evidence.

If what is claimed is correct, then yes, it was an error of judgement on Mr. Russell’s part. Like the concept or not, if as alleged, he sold intimate photos online, it was a legal exchange. If you are making a moral judgement based on those exchanges alone (absent the nascent political ambitions), I would suggest this judgement is a reflection of your own self-image.

From the hit-piece, the allegations do not appear to be of any criminal act. Until that changes, I’m prepared to remain open-minded.

82. Ed

Your stupid link is even more muddled than the other halfwit’s constant linking to that loon, Karl Denninger’s Market Ticker.

Present the specific evidence the art market is a money laundering clown show.

Explain it and and no stupid, meaningless links.

Go!

83. The 1944 movie “Gaslight”

Quite amazing how powerfully this works on human psychology. For example my hairdresser recently rang me to say she decided for the good of her business that she shouldn’t do the hair of heinously unvaccinated people like me. It was clear when she did so that she was afraid. Afraid. Afraid of someone who has no diseases. I knew it was fully emotional so I just nicely said thanks for letting me know. This stuff is eyeopening.

84. For example my hairdresser recently rang me to say she decided for the good of her business that she shouldn’t do the hair of heinously unvaccinated people like me.

Wow! You go to a female barber. What other service does she provide , Bruce?

85. Lol!

And that, my friends, is a form of gaslighting.

First – question the intended victim’s memory
    Second – challenge them on some small detail, it matters not whether it is true or false
    Third – have them look up the plot line to make sure that what they remember is correct (as I just did)

Conclusion: it was the flickering house lights that were manipulated to cause stress and fear of madness.

Nice try.

86. “Gabsays:
    December 5, 2021 at 1:06 pm
    ”Gaslighting” is just a new term for lying, yeah?”

It’s grooming. In some ways it’s even more sinister than bare-faced lying. It’s a form of sinister hypnosis…where people are cunningly manipulated into believing something or events are distorted to suit an ideology. Nowadays the left, MSM scum and social media sewers are expert practitioners of of gaslighting. It’s been used effectively with the Pell saga, with SSM, with climate change, with the transgenderism gunk, with Covid fear, with Porter, with Trump is evil, with Abbott is evil and of course, with the protests over the last month…where the media deliberately gaslight the notion that the protests are filled with far-right neo-Nazis.

Cults have long used gaslighting. We’re now living in a cult world….dominated by the cult of far-left progressivism. It isn’t pretty.

87. “However, ABC Investigations has obtained evidence that Mr Russell sold explicit images via OnlyFans just weeks later, charging $US60 ($94 at the time) on Anzac Day last year for a picture of himself holding his erect penis”.

Insert pun about ” Half mast”.

88. He did not think much of lawyers, believing they were ‘men deficient by nature or deformed by experience’.

Hitler. I personally think lawyers are the salt of the earth, immensely talented folk with intellects only matched by their altruism and wit.

89. I personally think lawyers are the salt of the earth, immensely talented folk with intellects only matched by their altruism and wit.

Critical settlement currently being resolved? 😉

90. Muddy says:
    December 5, 2021 at 12:33 pm
    Is Heston Russell’s dad also named Heston?

Finally answered my own question. (Takes longer these days).
    Nope. His father did serve though, and perhaps is still serving?

Maybe we could talk about the former ABCess staff who have been convicted of possessing child you-know-what? Does the taxpayer-funded ABCess owe it to their employers and the community, a more stringent background check and monitoring process? After all, it only takes one successfully prosecuted in the legal system possessor of child you-know-what to stain the whole organisation, doesn’t it?

91. Oh dear.
    Apparently Rex the choo choo man can read the constitution because he is in agreeance that the states have the powers.
    They do not, according to our constitution.
    (which I admit, they are wiping their arse with, and taking it to an Australian court is like asking different members of the crime gang to adjudicate on other member’s crimes).
    Yet it is plainly written so that during times like this, we do not shirk our responsibilities to each other by claiming it’s all over our heads and we can’t possibly understand it.
    It’s ours and is a living document that is only as old as our last amendment by referendum.
    It maybe not the best constitution, but if followed and criminal politicians like Sco Mo did not put himself and others above it, we would not be in this mess.
    This is for you to decide , for you to understand whether the contract between the people and the government has been broken.

So lets start with 109.
    ‘when a law of a State is inconsistent with a law of the Commonwealth, the latter shall prevail, and the former shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be invalid’.

What do you think that means?
    Can’t read?
    If you are having trouble with comprehending this, it could be psycho- somatic, seek help.

So here’s one of those superior laws in the constitution that over rides state laws

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to:

51(xxiiiA) the provision of maternity allowances, widows’ pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and hospital benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription), benefits to students and family allowances

with sect 51 ix

quarantine;

Quarantine is a separate discipline from what a health department can know how to do, and involves many geographical and demographic considersations that a moron like Jeanette Young has never trained in and has not right to exercise.
    ONLY a Federal department should be involved in Quarantine services.
    If you don’t agree with this you are advocating that states can raise their own armies if the Prime Minister feels like letting them.
    Complete Bullshit.

Now look at this for bullshit.
    Sect 117.

A subject of the Queen, resident in any State, shall not be subject in any other State to any disability or discrimination which would not be equally applicable to him if he were a subject of the Queen resident in such other state.

According to the people JC says are the only ones who should interpret this, they have said this…
    Historically, section 117 had been read down by the High Court so as to be devoid of any real meaning.
    [1] For example, in 1904 it was found that discrimination in favour of people who are “residents of and domiciled in Western Australia” was permissible, as the Constitution only prohibited discrimination on the basis of a person’s State of residence, not their State of domicile.[2]

When you get such an obvious load of bullshit as interpretation, it is up to us to know it and call it for what it is, hold our local members to account and demand the bullshit interpretations are reversed by way of a referendum which overturns the bullshit government interpretation.
    We can demand a referendum, and we can change these things.
    We are the only ones that can.
    True.

I know in apathetic Australia that it would never happen, of course I know that, however, it is up to us to look at it and to know there is nothing now that will stop totally deadly tyranny as they have put themselves above the constitution.
    There is nothing legal at all about what they are doing.
    That’s why we find ourselves still imprisoned on this Island for nearly two years.
    Those that saw what they did in March 2020, knew exactly why we were in the shit, just by looking at the constitution.

I think Clive doesn’t get it if he thinks he’s going to win in an Australian court, and even though I know they have put themselves above the rule of law, I don’t quote the constitution as if we can use it for defense.
    Once they’ve kicked it to the curb, they’ve kicked it to the curb.
    They have the guns.
    I quote the constitution so we all know we are dealing with criminals outside the rule of law who have the guns.
    If any of this was legal we might have a hope.
    It isn’t and that’s the point.
    Two years of a state of emergency being rum by criminals outside the rule of law, making it up as they go, is COMMUNISM.

92. Does anyone know who the black bloke was that had heaps to with the blood bank system, and who bled to death outside a hospital because it was for whites only?

His name was Charles Drew, but it was a vicious rumour he bled to death outside a “whites only” hospital.

93. Wimen should be allowed to vote .
    But all employees of the govt and employees of service providers to the govt should not be permitted to vote.

94. Wimen should be allowed to vote .

Even if they’re women?

95. So Struth,

Far be it from me to question the superior rmunderstanding and rule-following capability of a truck driver, but if the Commonwealth allegedly has all these superior powers and authorities where State Law is in conflict with Federal,

Could it be that the current arrangements are in place because none of them conflict with Federal Law on the matter?

And could it be that the States’ own Constitutions allow them to do so, too?

And do you have an expert Constitutional Law on speed-dial to confirm the truthfulness of your assertions, or are you simply relying on received Struth?

All further references to Hurr Durr cH0o Ch00 MaNz! and mUh CoMmUnizM! will be taken as confessions that you do not.

Sorry Struth, but the whole process is far more complicated than asserting the truth of your ambit calling everyone who doubts you mean names…

96. Rex

Constitutional law is whatever the High Court says it is.

Which is why struth is ultimately wrong, despite pointing out that the law in the constitution is not actually being enforced.

97. ”Gaslighting” is just a new term for lying, yeah?

98. Roger

At least it didn’t get a dishonourable discharge!

99. to make you doubt the evidence of your own eyes

Yes. That’s why I quoted the perfect prototype from Genesis.

It installs a seed of doubt and softens up the ground for a full-blown bare faced lie. In that old case, an assertion that someone else is a liar. As Bruce pointed out, it works very well, particularly on the innocent or gullible.

Wicked old bats are tougher to crack, but it happens. (Those footsteps I hear might be Nemesis…gotta zip!)

100. In other news, I have just discovered my Elaeocarpus eumundiis are finally in flower, after a seven year wait! My baby trees have grown up and reached puberty. At least they won’t grunt at me.

101. Constitutional law is whatever the High Court says it is.

Which is why Struth, if he had bothered to read all the way through my post on the matter the other day, might have taken particular interest in the fact that any Constitutional challenge needs to look at every previous case arguing the clause (or clauses) in question, as to establish the desired outcome every previous judgement on that matter must be struck down.

It is not, and never will be just a case of This is not being enforced in the way I have interpeted it as being!

102. “I thought the operative feature was that it was intended to make you doubt the evidence of your own eyes (or the equivalent). Like Psaki telling people that there is no inflation in the US. It seems to work and the press are the main culprits.”

Yep.

103. Is there any reason why we shouldn’t consider what our “governments” and media have been doing to us for the last two years as, state sponsored t3rrorism?

They’ve certainly managed to terrify a large proportion of the population into submission and obedience. Even to the point of medical experiments being performed on children!

104. Calli how dare you. My five year old is still just looking at me in a sneering fashion.
    Admittedly, being flattened by a cyclone as a two year old probably contributed to its sullen disposition.
    My flowering malleys were stunning this year for about eight hours before a squillion lorikeets wrecked both the blossoms and the trees. They are for the bin sadly, growing WA trees in QLD ain’t smart.

105. They only work well if they’re grafted onto local rootstock, like the E. ficifolia cultivars. The WA ones generally hate clay and they have little resistance to the local soil pathogens.

A non-native, the cape chestnut, has flowered too. Only a few, but this it’s second year of maturity. Worth the wait, but it drives you crazy. This one was seed grown, but I have had much better success elsewhere with the grafted ones, hot pink and a white. Another seven year wonder.

106. Mr Sutter said Swiss 8 was only prepared to comment publicly now that Mr Russell was “starting a political party and attempting to use his former commando and veteran status”.

So it wasn’t an issue before?

I’m not sure Swiss 8 sounds like a worthy, apolitical ‘charity’.

107. Heston Russell is aqn AstroTurfed politician.
    Once it be4came clear that he used Swiss8 to get a public profile to start a Political Party, Swiss* shut him down as it was entitled to..
    If Roberts-Smith fails in his legal action and if any charges are ever brought against him, then Heston Russell has succeeded in Gaslighting conservatives, which was almost certainly the intention.

108. Talking to someone today, who mentioned something about a group at yesterday’s Melbourne (or perhaps Sydney) protest having a bit of activity outside the ABC Building. Has anyone else heard anything like that?

109. P says:
    December 5, 2021 at 2:45 pm
    Another link:

Eureka Freedom Rally. Ballarat, December 5th.

Just got told people who used MSM, Closed Road Signs etc. to try to find the Ballarat Rally got SENT to the Town Hall, NOT THERE, the Civic Centre, NOT THERE, God knows where else because the internet is working at Chinese Firewall levels and it’s just thanks to scrolling back to this link posted by P that I see it’s at the ‘official’ Eureka Stockade Location, NOT somewhere out of towners are going to drive through unless they’re doing the tourist trap routes.

I heard that police elsewhere have been deliberately misdirecting people to keep numbers looking lower than those trying to gather and protest together.

110. Not a bad turnout in Ballarat. I muted sound when the Alternative Agenda Aboriginals were given airtime. Topher Field, again gave a good speech which was a call to arms (of sorts), in my opinion – and rightfully so. Craig Kelly heckled by some Andrews’ Rent-A-Rabble, it seems.

SACK DAN ANDREWS!

111. Feelthebern:

While all the US military contractors are getting rich selling hardware off the threat of China, he’ll walk into whatever parts of the Ukraine he doesn’t already control.

It may just be Putins Afghanistan.
    Don’t forget the Ukraine seperatists were still fighting against the Soviet reoccupation of the Ukraine until finally crushed in 1950. (Only to reappear later on.)
    The Holodomor is still a vivid memory for these people, along with the repeated redrawing of the maps of the Ukraine by powerful neighbors.
    I bet they wish they’d kept the nukes the Soviets left in the Ukraine.

112. “Boambee Johnsays:
    December 5, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Yes I was told in an email that there would be one outside Channel Ten in Ultimo.

113. I’m back after finishing it and this is the best summary of the Covid and vaccine affair I have read.

Should be plastered across the MSM.

Needs to be spread far and wide.

114. How can the Holodomor be a ‘vivid memory’ for people who weren’t alive when it happened?
    Sounds a bit like aboriginals claiming genocide suffering is past down genetically.

115. My baby trees have grown up and reached puberty.

Had a blue-faced honeyeater kiddie gird his lions and take some bread from my fingers this morning. He was so happy with his brave achievement that he then did it another half dozen times. Bravo! His sister is holding off though. I’ll have to work on her.

And another a currawong also did so for the first time. Nearly got one of the newest magpie chicks to do so too. Rather successful morning in such things, if you measure success in a certain eccentric way.

116. rosie says:
    December 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Maybe firsthand stories from their parents & grandparents?? This does actually happen.

When I was a kid (about mid 1960s) one of my mother’s friends showed me her concentration camp identification number tattoo.

117. “Mr Yeo told the court that a former director, Allan Guo, had confirmed that he had access to Blockchain Global’s cryptocurrency, however the credentials needed to access it were on a laptop that had gone missing.

“Mr Guo informed my staff that ‘before COVID’ in late 2019, he was in China and had his belongings stolen,” Mr Yeo said, according to court documents.

“Amongst the items Mr Guo said was stolen was his laptop which contained the credentials for accessing the wallet, and therefore cryptocurrency.”

Mr Yeo said that Mr Guo had been asked to provide a police report to confirm the theft, however, it had not been received.”

Seems likely

‘stolen laptop’ liquidators of collapsed Melbourne crypto pursue bitcoin millions

118. Specious.
    Seems clear to me that memories belong to those that experience an event, not their children, grandchildren or great grandchildren.
    Like I pointed out, if you accept that as an example as a ‘vivid memory’ then you’ll also accept any similar claim, say that of Aborigines or Palestinians.

119. china in focus
    18:36 Activist says IOC is putting Peng Shuai in danger
    19:26 Half of all people in China earn less than $160/mo
    20:33 HK: over $300m in pension funds withdrawn in Q3
    21:56 5th round of mass testing in Chinese city

120. rosie says:
    December 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm

I understand your point. Careful. There are plenty of studies that show that what someone’s grandparents ate or how much those grandparents starved, can affect sugar and fat metabolism in the grandchild. Hell, even breech birth is thought of as increasing the risk for all kinds of physical and mental illness in a child.

Then there’s all those DVA claims and appeals for claim reviews from kids and grandkids for the Vietnam veteran parent/ grandparents’ stressful experiences.

Interestingly enough types of long lived RNAs are thought by many to be the basis of inheritance of all kinds of processes- external to the genome and what’s normally considered hereditary.

121. Peoples – it’s summer, yet it’s 18 degrees here in Sydney.

The fascists (waving their uglee syringes around) are coming after li’l young people.

2022 promises to be worse than 2020 and 2021 combined.

Whet the hell do we do? It’s all very well to reminisce. 😕

122. Second Sunday of Advent

Listening to a podcast on Luke 3 right now as I write. Poor John the Baptist, he was the original cancel captive: he told Herod he was not doing the right thing and Herod put him in social media gaol. Which in those days was more than losing Facebook posting rights, it was a real dungeon. The principle is the same: the elites hate it when their hypocrisy is exposed.

123. rosie says:
    December 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Intergenerational trauma was first documented in the children of Holocaust survivors, the mechanism remains unclear but I’ve noted changes to stress response axis proteins which is instructive given the stress response is so frequently altered in psychiatric conditions. Probably an epigenetic mechanism in play. Very weird, doesn’t make evolutionary sense. Evolution can be really dumb at times because most epigenetic processes appear to have negative consequences. I think it is an accident, another evolutionary stuff up, because epigenetic processes are fundamental to cell differentiation in development that is the primary role of epigenetic processes not these maladaptive responses like intergenerational trauma. The same issue occurs with aging because it can be measured by the increase in an epigenetic signature, methylation(Horvath’s Clock).

There is a very important lesson in the studies of descendants of Holocaust survivors. By the third generation the descendants have reframed the experience turning it into a positive account of perseverance and strength in their ancestors. So those idiots who keep using intergenerational trauma as an excuse for behavioral problems don’t realise that by consistently portraying it in a fatalistic fashion they are perpetuating the problem.

124. Peoples – it’s summer, yet it’s 18 degrees here in Sydney.
    2022 promises to be worse than 2020 and 2021 combined.
    Whet the hell do we do? It’s all very well to reminisce.

It’s very cold today in NW Sydney.

Daughter says if this eventuates she will home school them.

125. Peoples – it’s summer, yet it’s 18 degrees here in Sydney.

Same here, Rabz. It’s been a very cool spring/early summer here, with temps mainly in the high teens and 20’s, when normally we would have had a few 40’s by now.

I checked the forecasts for summer and was shocked (and delighted) to find not one 4o – barely any 35’s- in our region, which is notorious for scorching hot, dry summers.

126. I have two grandchildren, 10yrs and 9yrs, and I know my daughter will not allow them to be vaccinated.
    Daughter says if this eventuates she will home school them.

Power to her arm, P. Good choice whichever way you look at it.

127. Winston Smith says:
    December 5, 2021 at 4:40 pm

I imagine if when you’re a little kid you regularly see your parents and grandparents crying and distressed at the memories of the terrors they experienced, you might feel distressed about those times of your childhood.
    I doubt many people who survived mass death from starvation and even cannibalism, put it behind them and serenely got on with their lives. Could well have traumatised their own kids as they tried to deal with the past.

128. Daughter says if this eventuates she will home school them.

My daughter says the same, P. She even kept the children home from school last week when the vaccinators were scheduled, worried that they might be coerced by bribes (it has happened frequently) or peer pressure.

129. I fear that it will be inevitable for attending school (they are both at a Catholic school) in Sydney inner West.

This needs to end, peoples. When the li’l ones start getting abused, it’s time to get off your comfortable house sized backsides and start mobilising.

Or you end up on the wrong side of history. Then you (deservedly) end up here.

130. Being an evil unvaxxed I’ve been trying to figure out the Dec 17 changes for Qld. Reading through the nonsense it is obvious the restrictions are about forcing people to get vaxxed not protecting the population. There is a perverse “moral hazard” in play because it is well established that the vaxxed can be infected and have viral loads equivalent to the unvaxxed but the load falls more quickly. Nonetheless the research I’ve read doesn’t really offer much hope of increased protection against infecting others and the government framing of this issue is undoubtedly leaving many with the impression that being vaxxed means no threat to others.

How are they going to check everyone entering a stadium? That would take several hours to process. How many business owners are going to enforce the restrictions on the unvaxxed?

The gym issue worries me because I’m not sure if I need to be vaxxed to continue training. It’s a 24 hour gym and as I train during the evening when no staff are present I’m hoping my evil unvaxxed status will be irrelevant. From what I have read I can’t see any restrictions on gyms but ya never know with these totalitarian bastards.

131. Dot says:
    December 5, 2021 at 10:11 am

Natural immunity is greater than 30%, I think it’s somewhere in the 80% to 85% range.

That 15% who succumb to the dreaded lurgy have a 99+% recovery rate and they then join those with natural immunity. The only people who are in danger are the frail aged who have weakened immune systems and other co-morbidities.

132. Blue-face honey eaters don’t have loins.

They’re tough and territorial, though.

If they were Big Cats, they’d be lions. Fortunately they aren’t otherwise their nest in the big cordyline would break it down. In fact, they have two nests. The main one and a penthouse. Maybe they can’t get rid of their kids either.

133. Artcile 7 of the Rome Statute, which informs the work of the International Criminal Court in The Hague:

For the purpose of this Statute, “crime against humanity” means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:

(a) Murder;
    (b) Extermination;
    (c) Enslavement;
    (d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
    (e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
    (f) Torture;
    (g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
    (h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
    (i) Enforced disappearance of persons;
    (j) The crime of apartheid;
    (k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health;

For future reference.

134. Maybe (j) should be bolded as well; it would depend on the definition of apartheid.

(k) is the clause of the article which might lend itself the best to what is being done to the unvaxxed by governments.

135. local oafsays:
    December 5, 2021 at 5:46 pm
    Winston Smith says:
    December 5, 2021 at 4:40 pm

The verbal accounts matter but the same phenomenon is seen in animal studies so there probably is a biological component. The biggest risk is for mothers who were holocaust survivors which may well relate to the behavioral component because mothers are typically the principal caregivers and hence can more frequently communicate their distress to the children.

136. P – I’m born and bred inner west Catholic Sydney. What you’ve described above is an obscenity.

I am very happy, as is my daughter, with the school at Enmore that my grandchildren attend. I am pleased with all I have seen that comes out of that school.
    It is a though in a Green LGA.

137. Figure of speech Rex. Blue-face honey eaters don’t have loins.

I got that bit. It was the typo about girding his lions that gave me the giggles… 🙂

138. The only people who are in danger are the frail aged who have weakened immune systems and other co-morbidities.

Or those who now find out they have a compromised immunity system because of the untested “provisional” injection.
    Jesus wept.

139. Intergenerational trauma isn’t ‘vivid memories’ or even the claimed ‘genetic’ suffering of Aboriginal people though is it John?
    Seems more like the behaviours developed by the survivors in order to survive are passed on to their children.
    At some point these things have to pass away.
    I don’t, for example see any food hoarding in decendants of Irish famine survivors, though I do believe the IRA received funded from America due to passed down grudges in some families.

140. (i) Enforced disappearance of persons;

Mandrake The Magician?

(j) The crime of apartheid;

They’ve jumped the shark here.
    Whaddabout the Caste System in India?

141. 2022 in an ideal Universe …

142. Intergenerational trauma isn’t ‘vivid memories’ or even the claimed ‘genetic’ suffering of Aboriginal people though is it John?

It’s called Epigenetics, and it’s real.
    Which is why it’s always a good idea to know you own families personal histories early on.

143. Roger said: Morrison retires immediately following the election to spend more time with family, leaving Dutton to form a minority government with the conditional support of UAP.

I’d hope we would see a truckload of other minors hitching their wagons onto that particular cause.
    We can only hope the PHONS, A1s and LDPs sort out their preferences with “sense” at the forefront!

144. Good on all you who attended Ballarat, now for the predictable MSM misinformation campaign and LOL there’s a reason why I rarely go near News.com anymore… Below and it took me half a dozen google searches to pull this lazy journalism apart.

Business owner (all unnamed, but is the Midtown Cellar Bar who didn’t take long to work out they are recent blow ins from Footscray) says will reopen when “tantrum” leaves town.

(More to follow to avoid being memory holed by multiple links)

145. Whaddabout the Caste System in India?

The similarities with apartheid have been noted by many observers.

The chief difference is that it is not Indian government policy and, in any case, India is not a signatory to the Rome Statute.

146. (Part 2)

Gets better, quotes Unionist and self identified socialist without being honest at what he is.

The cherry on top. Uses tweet from News Corp staff member without acknowledging his paid employment as well but his twitter feed is deliberate obscure as well especially the senior editor bit.

The author apparently has 7 years as a journalist and apparently awarded. I reckon a high school student could write something more credible. No wonder News Ltd is dying.

147. “Intergenerational trauma isn’t ‘vivid memories’ or even the claimed ‘genetic’ suffering of Aboriginal people though is it John?”

Correct. I know quite a few Holocaust survivors…their children and grandchildren. The children and grandchildren have no “vivid memories” of say, Auschwitz or Buchenwald or Sobibor. I find trhat ridiculous. What some of the children do have (though not all) is a malaise or depression from having grown up with very depressed parents. My best friend is such a person. Her parents were both survivors, the mother a survivor of Auschwitz and her late father was a survivor of forced labour camps…they were extremely depressed and unhappy people and the daughter suffered (and suffers) from depression and unhappiness. So yes, there is intergenerational trauma….but my friend doesn’t have a vivid memory of being in Auschwitz.

148. I have you know that I know the difference between lions and loins, and girding lions is much better than girding loins, especially for men.

149. During the long lockdown in NSW my daughter was contacting the parents of children in the school of her daughter and son through some zoom programme.
    She finally got a Moderna Vaccination after the many parents of children at her children’s school made it clear that they did not want any child of unvaccinated parent/parents mixing with their children.

150. there’s a reason why I rarely go near News.com anymore

Yah. Even Skynews Oz website is reading more like the Phage lately. Lots of Labor tongue-bathing stories stories lately. And endless climate rubbish.

151. rosie says:
    December 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
    Specious.

Rosie notaclue – most of what you come out with is specious in the extreme.
    I usually scroll past your crap, but somehow mistakenly read that comment.

152. I want Australia to be ungovernable after the next federal election.

I’d settle for it being impossible to get new legislation through parliament without repealing pieces of bad legislation first.

153. rosiesays:
    December 5, 2021 at 6:07 pm
    At some point these things have to pass away.

Rosie the vivid memories of indigenous peoples in the distant past is nonsense. Genetics doesn’t make that happen but it can alter the stress response axis. There is no survival value in these behaviors being passed onto their children. There might have been a survival value for those experiencing the trauma but I doubt that. Viktor Frankl argued what enhanced survival in the concentration camp was the hope of being reunited with family, of believing that one could survive by holding on one day a time, a future to aim for. As Robert Louis Stevenson wrote: An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding.

for example see any food hoarding in decendants of Irish famine survivors,

As I have stated, we are not talking about positive adaptation here. Epigenetic changes typically are deleterious.

154. Psays:
    December 5, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Coercion. Bullying. Shaming. This b/s HAS to be stopped.