1,665 thoughts on “Open Thread – Weekend 2 Oct 2021”

1. (2) Up to 3 persons may form a nominated social bubble if each member of the bubble—

Bill, Harry and Dave now realise their kids can co-register each other as pets.

We’re living in the stupidest of time.

2. my mother died of it 16 years ago; there’s not a day that I don’t think of her.

My beautiful husband of 42yrs passed to God 15yrs ago, but he remains in spirit with me to this day. He died after three and a half years, we went through together, of cancer.
    I am forever grateful for the nursing they gave to my beloved for his last three and a half days given him at the Sydney Adventist Hospital at Wahroonga .

3. (2) Up to 3 persons may form a nominated social bubble if each member of the bubble—

I know some people (not including me mind you) who tried to bush-lawyer the Vicco “buddy bubble” rules very, very late on Grand Final night in case their alleged small gathering was raided.
    Allegedly.
    The wording is all over the shop and it will be interesting if (when) the court challenges to fines get going.

4. Dotsays:
    October 3, 2021 at 10:52 pm
    Do we really want to live under the Monty Pythonesque stupidity?

I’m fairly certain there is now a ministry for silly social rules.

5. We didn’t get to hear egg_ster’s story either.

6. He was probably occupied by something important. I’ll be sure to remind him to tell it the next time he turns up. I bet it’s fascinating, and I’d love to hear it.

Don’t speak to me!
    Your failure to arrest those tunnel red-shoe pizza guys after my red hot tip really, really, REALLY disgusts me.

7. So OT at this time, I have had a brain scan to see if the Ax vaccine has caused me issues.
    Did c won’t let me have the second shot till he sees if I have clots.

FMD and rotten.

8. Yeah, well they’re not about to sack your spouse for not having it and you don’t have school age children.
    So for some of us it’s a constant worry, and it’s NOT going away.
    So I guess you’re going to have to live with the ongoing commentary, Elizabeth.

Arky, I get the issue of mandatory jabs and I am firmly against them. So what is your problem there?

I also have a twelve year old grandson whom I don’t want jabbed but his mother does.
    I have four children, all variously jabbed, their own initiatives.
    I have an eighteen year old grandson whom I have partly brought up through hell and high water and I would have prefered him to wait to be jabbed.

Of course I don’t worry about any of them, nor did I worry about Hairy getting jabbed given all of his blood and heart issues, and of course I’d have been happy to fall off the twig myself when jabbed and leave everyone to manage without me./sarc off.

I just balanced the risks and take the worry, like anyone else.

The ongoing commentary from people like srr that I am a child-killer and drug pusher – I can do without that level of insanity when I engage in any critique of the hearsay and outright obfuscation that she in particular peddles, with a few others. That’s what I meant, I’m sick of engaging with such bullshit, and now I am going to bed.

9. Why country beats the city, people.

Fuck, he’ll get his ear chewed by Planet Cornelius tomorrow.
    And not a one man station either, so they were all solidly behind it.
    For all his PR spin about “community” Andrews wouldn’t understand that.

10. No dog in the fight between the Bunnies and the Panthers, I just enjoyed the game.
    And a big cheer for the many…many thousands of fans who totally disregarded PalaceChook’s diktat to wear face masks except for when taking a sip of beer or a mouthful of hot dog.

That exhibition of open defiance was as good as a chant of “Fuck Joe Biden”, just more subtle.

11. Lizzie.
    I am weighing up the shots on personal health grounds.
    I am against anyone losing their livelihood if they conscientiously object to the jab.
    I am also against anyone from either side of this argument calling me a “baby killing, Nazi, gentile brain eating fascist” or a “rabid anti-vaxxer” because of my decision, either way.
    And if I choose to get the jab and if I choose to use the vax passport, any objectors better standby for an incoming “get fucked” over that too.

12. Hairy and I are also wanting to put our position firmly to our daughter that her three children all under the age of 8 should not be given any sort of Covid vaxx while under 18, that she and her husband should wait until another alternative if available if Covid proves to be a problem down the track for children.

I worry about her taking the Pfizer vaxx because a sudden emergency with that would leave three motherless children and one worn-out grandmother to step in again.

My grandson probably got his AZ jab because he works part-time at Target while studying and they require their staff to be vaxxed. So what makes you think I know nothing of these worries????

My girlfriend in Tassie knew the man who keeled over in his 40’s with the AZ thrombosis with thrombocytopaenia. Rare, but it happens. But so does Covid, and there is a death rate there which while inflated is still of concern.

13. Why country beats the city, people.

14. However, if you are a different P. to our other P, and this is your first comment, well, all first comments get moderated.

Thanks Dover, I blame the grog, and also my exuberance at the Panthers win.

15. Me too, Pancho. We all have our own lives and concerns and that should be that.

I absolutely loathe what Dan Andrews is turning Victoria into, and some Cats with it.

16. I’ve already been told I need a 1948 Collaborators’ Haircut for downloading the Vaxx Cert.

Something tells me we won’t be hearing much more of that around here anymore.
    Way to win friends and influence people.

17. Panthers win! I watched the last fifteen minutes of it with Hairy. He’s a Rabbitos fan. Like my 18 year old grandson who spent part of his life in public housing opposite Redfern Oval, just like the player Hairy pointed out in the Rabbitos’ team tonight. Hairy took him and some other kids from there to the Grand Final the year when the Rabbitos finally won and what a night that was.

Good to hear the old names mentioned: Doonside, Mt. Druit. St. Mary’s. They forgot Rooty Hill. We all went from these rail-track owner-builder and public housing-estate towns to Penrith High back in the mid 50’s. Your team won, Hairy tells me, children and even grandchildren of the people you went to school with.

18. Fuck, he’ll get his ear chewed by Planet Cornelius tomorrow.

Very likely. But this is the way forward in the future. Go country, and have conservatives, and other likeminded, filling public offices, whether council, police, parks, and the like, and, of course, operating their own businesses. Attract people and businesses with a conservative bent. Imagine how different things would be if you lived in such a town over the last two years.

19. I tried to identify the 25% of empty seats due to the last-minute draconian ruling but the place looked almost full.

Hairy pointed out that the very top tier of seats was empty. Which might theoretically have reduced the rate of any spread but the risk was low and the pain of cancellation for all of those who lost their chance at seeing the game was very great.

As you say, it was a draconian decision with very little real science to back it and I was glad to see an almost total lack of the ‘mandated’ masks amongst the crowd; they couldn’t arrest them all. Shows just where the public feeling on all of this is moving – towards passive resistance. The cancellation decision was a sop to politics.

As with many of Chook’s initiatives, it backfired.

20. Very likely. But this is the way forward in the future. Go country,

Ummm.
    Where do you think those copper in buses to the CBD are coming in from?
    They might be a bit more reluctant about doing it in their local towns (especially places like the Bool where the local pubs are blood barns, but I bet there is no hesitation from these pricks when it comes to a bus trip down to the big smoke to beat some protestors.
    Or am I become cynical?

21. Pat, sorry to hear you are going through that. I hope you come out OK. Of course you will.

My brother had brain clots, but no vaxx so not due to that.
    Lots of reasons for them and not all are too serious, fixed with clot smashing meds.
    Listen to your doc and try not to worry. We’re thinking of you now you’ve told us.

22. Oops. That was a 1945 Collaborator’s Haircut not 1948. All over by then. I must be tired.

I am tired. And another online dance class tomorrow morning 9.30.

23. Don’t worry Lizzie.
    When the time comes for the collaborator’s haircuts, you come see me.
    I’ve been doing my own cuts for ten years now, I’m pretty good at it.
    I guarantee you’ll still have ears afterwards.

24. dover0beach says:
    October 4, 2021 at 12:24 am

Reporter pretends crowd is chanting ‘Go Brandon’. Sure they are, sweetie.

How can she just lie like that. This “Fuck Joe Biden” is getting a life of its own.

25. Gotta love the Bee.

Biden Says We Can Afford $3.5T Bill Because China Just Gave Him This Cool New Visa Card With A Low Introductory Rate (h/t Instapundit)

26. I think I mentioned here a week or so ago that another rural station gave a wink and a nod for a family to hold a wake at home after a young bloke died in tragic circumstances.

One presumes this was not a first nations family, or the approval would have been a routine matter.

27. Tubular Bells Live at the BBC 1973

Mike Oldfield assembles an orchestra to play his masterpiece. He was 19 when he made the album and played every instrument himself. The album was the first release by Virgin Records and sent Richard Branson on his way to the stratosphere (and above).

Highlight: Mick Taylor plays the ‘mandolin’ on his Strat’.

Lowlight: Mick Taylor’s footwear. Platform sandals with sox. I know it was the ’70s but FMD.

28. I see ussr created a straw man and killed it dead in capital letters.
    We weren’t discussing trans, we were discussing the rights of parents to get their children vaccinated.
    I don’t think people under the age of 40 even should bother, if they don’t have comorbities, but I respect the right of parents to make medical decisions about their own children*.
    *there are going to be very limited extreme occasions where the state should interfere.

29. Country coppers used to understand that they needed the help and support of the community to do their job, effectively.

They also used to understand that everyone knew where they lived.

30. “…..that clip of Dan is infuriating. That grinning passive aggressive manner…straight from the Peter Beattie School of Punchability.” calli that’s exactly how I felt about that picket-fence toothed charlatan

31. jupes says:
    October 3, 2021 at 4:11 pm
    Our emissions are down 20 per cent since 2005, thanks to regional Australia, where most bushrangers roamed. At the same time, China’s has increased 72 per cent, and India’s has increased by 86 per cent.
    In a rational world, this information is all it would take to end this ridiculous scam.

How can China and India’s massive output be of no consequence but Australia’s puny output put the “planet” in danger

(From Vikki’s post – Captain Climate)

Cohenite, that, imho, is how to take on an argument on the airwaves. (Not saying you haven’t gone that route but it’s straightforward and simple – and a bit like the nuclear subs “argument” that supposedly was so radical that Australians would never suffer any use of that type of power generation in an Australian context, and the truth, which seems to have (always had?) very strong backing from the electorate.)

32. Leak & #2Warren – #3Rameriz

Rowe, (again – maybe finally making a bit of a habit of getting it right in his dotage – I know, one or two swallows and all that) not bad, & I did like his Some Girls on the wall – the other half has the album with the original images

33. Fuck, he’ll get his ear chewed by Planet Cornelius tomorrow.

Hopefully he’s in that rare sweet spot. Just close enough to retirement to be untransferable to Mildura or Bairnsdale, which is apparently the way of those things. Just at the point where he can take a bit of long service leave, right after he tells Cornelius and/or Patton to go fuck himself.

34. Every six months forever.

2 million Israelis lose Green Pass today (3 Oct)

Nearly two million Israelis lost their Green Passes today (Sunday) as new rules went into effect.

Under the new rules, which went into effect at midnight, the Green Pass will only be valid for six months after the recipient’s last coronavirus vaccine dose. Under the new rules, between 1.7-1.9 million Israelis will lose their Green Passes.

All Israelis must update their Green Passes on the Health Ministry website or mobile app.

And anyone can become an unperson for not getting yet another “booster”. Russian roulette anyone?

35. I am weighing up the shots on personal health grounds…

Sancho,
    You’ve been rather animated on this point, and my statements seem to have been misconstrued. So let me clear it up.

First, please forgive me for being dubious of anyone who claims to get the jab only for personal health reasons, and then starts waving the passport around like a DVA Gold card. I’m not attributing that to anyone in particular on the blog, just a potential outcome I can envisage in the wider community.

Second, whatever personal circumstances exist, it’s an immutable fact that if you do use the passport to obtain advantage over others, you are validating the system. Love it, hate it, think it justified, think it unprincipled, forced into it…whatever the case – the fact remains, people will have to own it, live with it, make peace with it.

36. Dunno that it’s all that good in country areas, we live in a town of around 3,500 beef, dairy and tourism is what we rely on. There are a couple of FB pages re what’s happening around the area. A real split in the community has developed, in the town maybe half or more are full on Andrews, because he has saved us and outside town maybe 25% are full Andrews supporters, the rest are anti Andrews/Vax etc to varying degrees. Some of the local cafes refuse to serve you if you’re maskless, I never wear a mask and had few query me and I’m not a cafe haunter, mask wearing is around 95%, the few who don’t comply are some locals and some of the younger tourists.

I posted the other day about a mate who is full on wuflu mad (retired builder) and has a check in code thing on his front door and he’s serious. Anyway saw him and his wife in the supermarket the other day, she said “you’ve forgotten your mask”, I said “I’m a free man, I don’t wear them”. She was horrified, I think that’s the end of a long friendship, it’s sad. So don’t think it’s much better in the sticks, the divisions are even more obvious.

37. What about supporting local small businesses that have been crushed for months or Catholics participating in the Eucharist after being denied so long? Catholics have a Sunday mass obligation that transcends political considerations.
    I don’t have the passport but don’t pretend that not using it is a clear cut moral decision, especially when in NSW at least the passport has a finite life and using not using probably won’t make an iota of difference to government decisions regarding its shelf life.
    And considering the abuse dished out to someone who is clearly in the vulnerable category for covid, just for getting vaccinated, why should she give up any more of her life because December 1 (nothing) isn’t good enough?

38. Dover @ 12:24am

How, indeed! When obvious, blatant lying to the nth degree, and in real time, is de rigueur in the msm, there’s no hope for any reasonable debate on anything.

cohenite, I take it back – facts and analysis won’t work. (Go back to what you were doing).

39. More on EVs and the grid.

Under UK regulations, restricted charging times will come into force in May 2022, as new chargers in the home and workplace are to automatically switch off in peak times to avoid potential blackouts. New chargers will be pre-set to not function from 8am to 11am, and 4pm to 10pm.

In the UK, where there are currently only 300,000 battery electric vehicles (EVs) on the UK’s roads. Electric car charging points in people’s homes will be preset to switch off for nine hours each weekday at times of peak demand because ministers fear blackouts on the National Grid.

EV buyer’s beware – fires, scarce charging times, and parking restrictions (2 Oct)

40. rosie says:
    October 4, 2021 at 7:55 am

All of that is for personal conscience to determine.
    They at least need to be honest with themselves, especially if they continue to spruik that they did it for health reasons.

41. Now that’s going to be interesting: from next year in the UK owners will only be able to charge their cars 15 out of 24 hours per day. I suspect the logical thing will also occur, which is when 10pm comes around and all those EVs are sitting on their chargers waiting, that the surge in power at 10:00:01pm will blow out circuit breakers all over England. Fun!

The wishers (Makka) haven’t quite worked out that bit yet.
    A practical example of system draw versus capacity happens on our rural lines.
    A farmer up the road has a light industrial business with ovens for paint finish. When he kicks these into gear you can forget about welding in the workshop.
    The lines simply can’t supply.

42. It is not sinful to get vaccinated, if Cardinal Pell, Pope Benedict and many others can get vaccinated in good conscience who is anyone to flap their gums trying to make others feel guilty for acting to preserve the life God gave them?

43. Mater.
    I have been very much “live and let live” on this.
    I have been considering the vax for a long time before passports were even mentioned, and was leaning towards a ‘yes’.
    His ‘passport’ was his union ticket.
    I didn’t hear any calls for him to stay home because he was ‘validating Dan’s TyRaNny’.
    What we got here, from some at least, is large amounts of puritanical virtue signalling martyrdom strangely coupled with lynch mob threats.
    The promise to ‘take down names’ and ‘get out the piano wire’ for those who get their ‘1945 haircut’ is hardly a winning PR strategy.

44. Dotsays:
    October 4, 2021 at 8:06 am
    Anyone turned on by this is an arsehole.

the pink surfer chick in the santa costume? I could warm to her, she looks sorta cute.

45. rosiesays:
    October 4, 2021 at 8:07 am
    Denmark ended all restrictions because of high vaccinations and a covid reproduction rate of .7.
    Israel’s is. 72
    Does anyone know what it is in NSW and Victoria ?

Ask, and ye shall receive

46. Megansays:

October 4, 2021 at 8:31 am

It’s not you, Cardinal Pell the Pope or any other human who decides what is or is not sinful.

Are you talking to Rosie or Gab?
    Or both?

47. Personality features of an Abrasive Negativist

Including sadistic – feature:
    Contentious, intransigent, fractious, and quarrelsome; irritable, caustic, debasing, corrosive, and acrimonious, contradicts and derogates; few qualms and little conscience or remorse.

“Mrs Andrews, your son has a few problems relating to other students.”

48. What gets me ‘animated’ is fuckwits getting on here liberally spraying around words like ‘traitor’, ‘treason’ and ‘Nazi’ at people who would choose to use the passport.

Time to hit the streets.

*rattles spray can*

49. *rattles spray can*

That was genuinely funny.
    A couple of furtive references to ‘scoping out targets’.
    I had visions of a suicide bomb attack on the local cop-shop.
    But no.
    We are going out to spray slogans on a wall up behind the loading dock at Coles.
    Allegedly.
    (I suspect he had been spraying some of it into a plastic bag earlier).

50. And it’s a bit rich to be tossing Gunner about as a bad example for working for 18 months when he has mentioned both here and old Cat that his hours were cut by half at the beginning of last years first lockdown and he has been without a job for most of this year.

I in no way approve of the ridiculous insults he made to Cassie but your dishonest, and continually repeated, accusations may well be Godwin free and far more polite, but they are no less egregious or insulting to my intelligence for that.

Stop holding yourself up as a model of humankind. You are as flawed and disgraceful as any single one of us can be under the right circumstances.

51. The wishers (Makka) haven’t quite worked out that bit yet.

What I’ve been saying however is that from observations , globally it’s clear as day that over time general growing popular support for a greener future will promote Govt policies and force EV’s to become the dominant form of transport. You seem to think that in front of all this, your redneck wisdom and opinions of garage based engineering matter. They don’t.

52. As a Catholic I prefer to be guided by the Catholic church who is guided by the Holy Spirit (God), not by some anonymous uncharitable know-it-all on the internet.
    The Catholic Church has issued a carefully considered advice to Catholic people regarding vaccines, linked here several times.
    what David said

53. Avi Yemini ????
    @OzraeliAvi
    23m
    WOW! Local cops in Warrnambool ALLOWED this protest to go ahead today.

Listen to a police commander telling the crowd, “we’re not going to steamroll you—we’re local police. We understand your locals”

The crowd’s response says it all.

We need more of this.

Vikpol’s first act of decency in 2 years.

54. the fact remains, people will have to own it, live with it, make peace with it.

If I’m on the High Moral Ground, I don’t think mush of it as prime real estate. 🙂

55. So don’t think it’s much better in the sticks, the divisions are even more obvious.

sfw,
    It’s not, from what my family is telling me. In fact being in the smaller communities, divisions along the lines you mentioned occur fast and seem to be with more rancor. It’s a real sickness with Dan’s supporters. I’m actually very surprised at the tenacity of his supporters for sticking with him considering what he has done to destroy so much of Victoria’s small business and wreck communities. Unfathomable.

56. Megansays:

October 4, 2021 at 8:42 am

Oh?
    He was pretty absolutist about who were ‘traitorous scum’.
    He didn’t cut any slack for the individual circumstances of others.
    I simply turned his own lofty standards back on him.
    If he wants to apply Taliban level standards of purity to others, he better be prepared for some blowback.

57. Lord but you’re a moron. I’m not wishing for EV take up. Me, I prefer ICE vehicles. Have you seen anywhere I am wishing and hoping for this transformation? No. That’s all in your dull ag fkg head .

Still haven’t got that shit off your liver Makka.
    Nice pigeon hole personality you’ve constructed for me too.
    You don’t know me sunshine.

58. You don’t know me sunshine.

Nor you me. No liver issues here either. All I’m doing is putting you (and any others) straight after your repeated smart arse distortions of what I have posted. I thought country folk didn’t mind straight talking. I’ll be more delicate in future.

59. As with many of Chook’s initiatives, it backfired.

I was thinking this morning about how the Chook cancelled the very top tier of tickets, those in the very to of the stadium. These were the cheapest ones, purchased by families taking the kids, or ordinary workers.

If she had really wanted to spread the pain, she could have cancelled the tier at the very front. And offered her own ticket and those of her fawning coterie by a draw to families who were cancelled.
    Leak’s cartoon on the issue said it all; fat lady looks after herself first.

60. And particularly when it comes from someone who has been granted special privileges to work for 18 months whilst most others sit at home twiddling their thumbs.

One might look at it from the other direction. Those who were not dramatically impacted financially, but who were out doing what they could regardless, were demonstrating commitment to principle and empathy for their fellow Australians, rather than pure self interest.

Of all the criticisms that can be levelled at Gunner (and I don’t disagree with all of them), he has been out there rocking the boat since the start of this insanity.

61. It’s quite telling that rosie introduced the word ”sin” and has been protesting hence.

I too can use the appeal to authority, even though I have no idea if Cdl Pell has taken the jab.

This new pro-life movement cannot remain silent about that monstrous and global structure of sin that is crying out to God for vengeance: the routine use by pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries of human cell lines from aborted embryos and fetuses.

The exploitation of human embryos and fetuses as a reservoir of biological material, is an abomination that every reasonable man and woman of good will should oppose by denouncing its perverse and diabolical nature.

– Archbishop Schneider.

62. The CFMEU (as a whole) should be criticised for their lack of action, but Gunner is but a pleb in that system.

63. Made the mistake os watching a bit of late 7 news last night.
    The story: we’re having a massive sugre in Coof cases, hospitalizations, life supports and deaths.
    The visuals: er cars queueing up for drive-through testing.
    The newsreader: what can we possibly do to protect our loved ones and vulnerable health workers too?
    The ED doctor at his well-appointed study via Zoom: get “vaccinated”!

Is it just me, or is the complete lack of visual footage- in any other natural disaster or accident, there would be distressing footage warnings and first-name-only interviews from the frontline, scenes of ambulances at the ramp and gurneys slapping through hallway doors- a bit of a tell?

64. Second, whatever personal circumstances exist, it’s an immutable fact that if you do use the passport to obtain advantage over others, you are validating the system.

Exactly this.

65. Second, whatever personal circumstances exist, it’s an immutable fact that if you do use the passport to obtain advantage over others, you are validating the system.

And, if you work in high-rise construction, which is demonstrably non-essential and only gets a free pass because of ALP factional politics, you are validating the system.

66. And I am but a pleb in the vax passport system so what action I take (or not) won’t make any difference, right?

His commentary indicates that he was.

My take is that if everyone replicated what Gunner has been doing, the vax passports system will crumble post haste. They won’t because apparently it won’t make any difference.

67. Are you sure Gunner wasn’t making representations everyday within his workplace?
    His commentary indicates that he was.

Just as I have been advocating for freedom of choice.
    Or should I boycott the business?
    And should Gunner have likewise boycotted his employment?

68. Fauci attacks Republicans and Defends Open Borders: ‘Face Reality – Immigrants Are Not Driving Force’ on COVID Pandemic

In a just world, this guy would get a bullet in the head

69. No, stix did a bit of Makka Mak Daddy E-i-e-i-o stuff. Just once, and then he went all quiet when I reminded him of a few things.

“And then I was like don’t ever come back here again and showed him my sword and he ran for it…”

The only time I’ve ever bothered talking to you, aside mocking you for being Leigh lowes tame sidekick was when I was giving you shit that we don’t need yet another another ‘copper’ worshipping loser when you first arrived at the old cat rubbing yourself about some big man ‘copper’ you knew and were in love with.

Somehow in the subsequent four years you became one.

70. If I used the vax passport but made representations and let the service provider know I am not happy, is that enough?

I’ll leave that up to your conscience.

Or should I boycott the business?

See above

And should Gunner have likewise boycotted his employment?

Did Gunner use any of the insane new rules to continue his employment?
    In doing so, to he gain advantage over his fellow construction workers who were forced not to work?
    Did his continuing to work cost others their jobs?

71. Leigh lowe is back bravely hen pecking everyone who has principles and wants make some sort of stand again.

The argument now is apparently because he has none neither should you.

Wait on…that was always the ‘argument’ wasn’t it?

72. rosiesays:
    October 4, 2021 at 4:48 am
    I see ussr created a straw man and killed it dead in capital letters.
    […]

YOU, rosie, raised YOUR belief, that the NHS has the Right to condemn children to Death, Against the parents Right & Duty to do all in their power to protect their children from a Death Sentence.

But, YOU, rosie, DO want parents to have the Right to sacrifice their children to The State as human Guinea Pigs.

YOU, rosie, also raised the “Trans” Kids issue (you know, what puberty blockers get used for), only to expose just how much you will bend, twist and lie to attack your targets & Support The State Over The Individual.

Which is why YOU, rosie, made sure to not quote or post a time stamp to what YOU, rosie, knew you were lying about, again, so let me end the argument here and re-post the recent history (buried in the late hours that you hope few will see or remember), so people can see your shameless arrogance & lies for themselves –

srrsays:
    October 3, 2021 at 10:02 pm

rosiesays:
    October 3, 2021 at 7:32 pm
    Seems to me parental rights were sacrosanct on this blog when it came to the NHS a few years ago.
    It should also be the same principle when it comes to vaccination.
    Seems a bit inconsistent to say otherwise just because you don’t agree with the particular parental decision.
    Otherwise you are on the side of state interference into parental rights.
    And that is not me agreeing with the abomination of puberty blockers or trannies at the library.
    The solution to that is re evangelising our atheist country.

Govt Serving DOCTORS & LAWYERS Denying Parents their Right & Duty to seek potentially LIFE SAVING Treatment for their children, is The SAME EVIL as Govt Serving Doctors & Lawyers Denying Parents their Right & Duty to Protect their children from Life Destroying “Trans” Quackery.

It’s the Trans Quackery that Govt Serving Doctors & Lawyers Enforce AGAINST the Parent trying to save their child from the crazy/evil Parent, usually the mother.

Before the NHS, Abortion on demand, Child ‘euthanasia’ & the “Trans” abomination, it used to be criminal for parents to kill & maim their children, EVEN FOR ATHEIST Parents, yet you, as a “devout Catholic”, argued violently FOR the NHS to CONDEMN CHILDREN TO DEATH, against the parents Right & Duty to do all they could to save their children.

That you tried to construct that blatant false equivalency as an attempt to paint yourself as ‘the good & just Christian’, shows you in the very opposite light.

73. Woo hoo – Barilaro gorn!

As I said recently, he hasn’t dared to show his face around his electorate of late, with all the macho BS about persecuting the unvaxxed and how businesses need to step up to Fight the Plague. Apart from Colesworths and a few other lucky members of the charmed circle, businesses around here have been bleeding to death for months.

Let’s hope it means that he realises that the incoming Premier will not support this kind of bullying.

74. Notice how Leigh Lowe is transforming from retired boomer to middle aged genxer with four kids and a mortgage?

“Hey there fellow young family man, how about we just get the vaccine and accept the New Normal passport so I can get on with my retireme… Erm I mean pay the mortgage…myess”

75. To me, EV’s suffer from oversell and the impractical push factor of the zero carbon movement.
    Power to weight problems for large vehicles has not been overcome.
    Where’s Musk’s prime mover now?
    Grid capacity and charging issues are enormous and hugely expensive to overcome.
    ICE vehicles are far more adaptable to need than EV. You can take a can of fuel with you.
    It takes time to get a technology to a highly practical position.
    I was a very early adopter of gps for farm use. I think back to where we were around the millennium compared to the current systems.
    -We built towers to receive signal.
    -The satellites were in short supply and once enough of them dropped over the horizon you were stuffed.
    -Rover and signal interface had to be adapted for the many types of Ag vehicles. -Hydraulic systems needed modification to actuate the commands.
    -Repeatability was a huge problem because of weak signal or satellite position.
    -Line of sight meant that many receiving towers had to be built for coverage.
    -US satellites were of a military nature and we had to buy access codes for the precision signal needed – 2cm accuracy as opposed to 10-20cm.

It was very expensive at the time, $50,000 for one system. Those early sets are suiting on the shelf as junk now.

We can overcome many hurdles in new technology but it takes time and the practical application problems do not go away by hoping some boffin will fix it or government mandates equate to inevitable success.

76. It was I who raised the trans issue in regard to waiving parental rights, as an example of child abuse. There are plenty of other instances.

Each instance has to be taken on its merits because the issue is so complicated.

If introducing potentially harmful substances into a child’s body is considered child abuse, then that action should be stopped. In this case, however, the parents are in lockstep with the State and get a free pass.

77. Twostixsays:
    October 4, 2021 at 9:30 am
    […] another ‘copper’ worshipping loser when you first arrived at the old cat rubbing yourself about some big man ‘copper’ you knew and were in love with.

Somehow in the subsequent four years you became one.

🙂 So, ‘he’ could be that big, stupid, lantern jawed female copper from his home turf who I had to school?
    It would explain a lot … 😉

78. Remember “No-one is safe until we’re all safe”?
    “We’re all in this together”?
    Well how about-
    “No-one is back to work until we’re all back to work”. No essentials and non-essentials, no frontline compulsory jab mandates, no quisling get-outs.
    “No-one is free of this tyranny until we’re all free of this tyranny”.
    No ifs or buts or but-I-want-to-travel or caveats or third boosters or it’s-just-your-medicare-record-on-an-easy-to-use-app-what’s-the-big-deal. Nothing, no early marks for any collaborator.

79. Catholics have a Sunday mass obligation that transcends political considerations.

Obligations? When Mum was found dead at the end of the bed the new priest at whose church she had worshipped for 40 years refused to come to her home to say the prayer for the dead. He also declined to have the funeral there, actually saying it would be “a lot of trouble” — deep cleaning the church after the service etc., — for just 10 people.

All in all, his response does much to explain why congregations are small and getting smaller.

80. he hasn’t dared to show his face around his electorate of late, with all the macho BS about persecuting the unvaxxed and how businesses need to step up to Fight the Plague

I have been wondering about that, Joh. How many of these *rsewipe urgers are going to find going to the local shops “difficult” when all this is done and dusted?

It keys in with the thoughts expressed in Arky’s “hypnosis” thread and how Totalitarian regimes, real and attempted eventually end.

In news or “normality”, a lovely group of neighbours are celebrating a “zero” birthday at my back fence – champagne, balloons, the lot. Not a Karen among them!

81. Did Gunner use any of the insane new rules to continue his employment?

The one which granted construction rights over the rest of the community solely because their union is of the ALP left.

Delete the word “construction” and the answer is yes.

Did his continuing to work cost others their jobs?

Who knows?
    Certainly, as a collective, if construction had downed tools it would have escalated pressure on Andrews.
    But, in any case, it’s the principle here.
    Would my refusing to use a vax passport, in and of itself, help anyone else?

82. “I see rosie is being her usual childishly bitchy, aggressively bullshitting self while dog whistling for the thug to help cover more rosie bullshit.”

Hmm…who was the poster who last night accused others of “enmity” and “bullying”?

Why it was the hypocrite Nongbat.

83. Refusal only works if a critical mass of people do it.

It won’t happen because self-interest is too strong. And that includes self-interest in the practicalities of life, not just its little luxuries.

For example, I’m using a QR code by proxy, simply because it’s my husband who does the shopping. It’s his way of getting out and about and staying sane. Suddenly the quality of an avocado takes on cosmic significance for him!

And when I eat said avocado, that niggly little voice says….cheat! As I said, the Moral High Ground is very boggy.

84. Sancho Panzersays:
    October 4, 2021 at 9:16 am

EVERY INDUSTRY IS ESSENTIAL to the people who work in them.

Every Industry CLOSED was ESSENTIAL FOR GOVT TO BREAK THE ABILITY & WILL of The People to RESIST THE TYRANNY.

But you know that, which is why you keep arguing for more Govt Tyranny, because we all know The Great Reset will be “great” for some.

85. Dear young and middle aged people,

Lizzie, notafan and Leigh Lowe formally want you to know that they are tired of your ‘issues’ with the vaccine and covid 19 and are quite happy with the New Normal that it ushered in and so would like very much if you stop being selfish, shutup about it, and accept your mandated fate so they can now go back to enjoying their 30 year retirement that you’ll never have.

Can’t you see how you are stopping them from living their lives??

Geezuz.

86. Woo hoo – Barilaro gorn!

87. “always billed himself as a family man”.

What does that even mean? He has children. Six of them.

What else would he “bill” himself as? A pigeon fancier?

88. Why am I getting this niggling feeling the NSW Libs are about to take a hard left ward tack.

Niggling feeling?
    Matt Keen as deputy leader equals green, totalitarian.
    More like a baseball bat across the nose feeling.

89. It is a legitimate question to ask if we have a viral outbreak of in loco parentis here.
    Something the Cat had been double-vaxxed against in the past.

90. You have no idea how beautiful that happy laughter drifting over my back fence is!

The sound of normal, happy people having a party. Who would have thought cackling females could sound so heavenly?

91. Can’t even see Macquarie Bank

A citizen journo posted some stats on twitter last year saying Macquarie now employs more former public servants as consultants etc than former politicians.
    The stats were disputed but what does that tell you regarding the decision making in Australia.

92. …from next year in the UK owners will only be able to charge their cars 15 out of 24 hours per day.

Introducing load consonance: a smooth brain policy impact.

1) The off peak price signal vanishes;

2) A new ‘dog ate my homework’ excuse enters the productive economy. “Sorry I’m 10 hours late Guv, I was kept at the last job and couldn’t get me fukn charger on…”

93. Australia Post unable to deliver mail every day or not at all is on the job today.

Mrs D had some items drop shipped to several of her customers. They arrived in Oz during the first week of September, and were delivered to several Sydney suburbs yesterday.

94. VRockdoctorsays:
    October 4, 2021 at 10:08 am
    Wow Barillaro jumps ship. Why am I getting this niggling feeling the NSW Libs are about to take a hard left ward tack.”

Barilaro was pretty left himself on a number of social issues. He supported those ghastly abortion laws two years ago.

95. Why am I getting this niggling feeling the NSW Libs are about to take a hard left ward tack

With Photios setting the sails it doesn’t matter who is holding the tiller.

96. I have hope for Perrottet. The right people are annoyed.

“If you question man-made climate change, you are not a sceptic,” he said. “If you support stronger borders, you are not a racist. If you want a plebiscite on same-sex marriage, you are not a homophobe.”

97. I still don’t understand this media mourning of the end of Gladys’s reign. Almost everyone I know, granted that is not a large number, is glad she is gone. I keep hearing the expression “got her comeuppance” a lot. Yet our media unanimously sing her praises.

In the past at least half if not more of the media were expressing opinions I agreed with. In the last two years there has been a seismic shift and they have floated off on their own landmass. Now they are not able to see if any of us even exist let alone how we think or feel.

98. I was thinking this morning about how the Chook cancelled the very top tier of tickets, those in the very top of the stadium.

Lizzie, my understanding of the reduced capacity issue is that the Chook decreed a 25% reduction in people allowed in; then V’landys said the NRL would allow in ticket holders on a first-bought first-in basis (giving refunds to the last-in group); and then the stadium worked out how to seat those allowed in. Leaving one section empty makes for ease of cleaning after the game.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there had been a plebeian revolution taking place on the night – team supporters moving to sit with their crowd and enjoy the game together. Totally ignoring the Chook and stadium directives.

99. I got a not great vibe from Perrott announcement.

First was the black masked gimp standing behind him. Dreadful.

Second he seems a nice fellow but he has to close his eyes to make his points. It’s the trait of a nervous policy wonk thinker not of a leader.

I think he’ll rely on the charismatic gimp he had there to do any sort of head kicking and serious negotiating and will end up his puppet. Seen it happen many times with mostly socially adjusted big brain IT goons who after floating towards the top, end up managing – and quickly being managed by some cool non IT manager that ends up under them.

Hope I’m wrong.

100. Can’t even see Macquarie Bank or Crown bothering to pick him up. The Nationals are worse for good government than the Greens.

He’ll fall into a sinecure somewhere.
    I can’t see a career politician not having a well paid exit strategy.

101. Gab, Mum said the rosary every night and was buried with her beads.

In the end, rather than send her off from the non-denom memorial park chapel, I called the parish we attended in Yarraville when I was a kid. The priest there could not have been more accommodating, immediately agreeing to do both funeral and burial and, like you, evincing disgust that the Altona priest couldn’t be bothered going to the trouble of attending to his pastoral duties.

102. When he kicks these into gear you can forget about welding in the workshop.

Scoff scoff
    talk about a non-issue
    simple.

just install a solar farm, wind gen, and a battery

everybody at the end of the line will benefit.
    it’s for the greater good

103. Dot says:
    October 4, 2021 at 10:08 am
    What’s the word on Perrotett sacking Hazzard and repealing these stupid health orders?

A reshuffle will certainly happen but I am not confident that policies will change.

104. Mum said the rosary every night and was buried with her beads.

I hope you follow her excellent example.

105. There needs to be a “Health” minister who isn’t elderly, obese, with a respiratory condition so bad that he had to carry a puffer with him.

106. He also declined to have the funeral there, actually saying it would be “a lot of trouble” — deep cleaning the church after the service etc., — for just 10 people.

What a pig of a priest, areff.

107. CL posted about the ‘It’s too late’ script that is being recited on Australian media.

The US went through that back in July:

‘It’s too late’: Doctor forced to turn down COVID patients begging for vaccine
    By Jackie Salo
    July 21, 2021 2:51pm

‘They Beg me for the Vaccine’: Nurses Share Stories of Unvaccinated Patients Fighting COVID-19

By Artie Ojeda • Published July 22

Alabama doctor describes how sick COVID patients ‘beg’ for the vaccine but she can only hold their hand and tell them it is too late
    Bethany Dawson
    Jul. 25, 2021,

Etc, etc, etc.

I’d say at a certain percentage of first dose vaccination the pandemic response action plan says kick off a “begging” media campaign.

108. Interesting: the Yarraville priest is the son of a former Quadrant contributor on military matters. Lovely bloke, and further proof that trust is more likely to produce an honest dividend when invested in a conservative.

areff, my parish priest is youngish and very strongly opposes what is happening. He is a very good pastoral leader. I find the generation of priests who were ordained in 60s and 70s as a group are not as committed.

109. In the end, rather than send her off from the non-denom memorial park chapel, I called the parish we attended in Yarraville when I was a kid.

Well done, you. I am so glad you managed to find a good churchman.

You wouldn’t have wanted that false priest anywhere near your mum anyway.

110. Ridgeback Biotherapeutics is the partner of Merck who developed the Merck-mectin treatment.
    The white anting of Ridgeback has already begun.
    Amazing how other Big Pharma are now saintly with all their sins forgiven.
    But now, Ridgeback is the devil with all it’s previous failings amplified.

111. Twostix says:
    October 4, 2021 at 10:36 am

The US went through that back in July:

‘It’s too late’: Doctor forced to turn down COVID patients begging for vaccine
    By Jackie Salo
    July 21, 2021 2:51pm

I saw a nurse on the news last night saying just that and I thought how interesting, no name of the nurse or the hospital she works in. Our media are despicable.

112. I saw a nurse on the news last night

113. Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

Says it all, Gab. Beautiful.

Words for the ages from down the ages. It is good they are still remembered and used.

114. In Vic they are pushing for better benefits and hero bonus. They are protecting us from “apocalyptic” outcomes here, doncha know.

Hero bonus for empty wards & tiktok videos ?
    And tweeting how the CFMEU were blocking ambulances from getting across the Westgate bridge?
    Remember that?

115. Look at how the ABC and friends are pointing at Dom Perrottet’s Catholicism ( must be an extremist because he has six children) as a great negative.
    A certain someone even raised the hideous spectre of Opus Dei.

116. This shit turned up in my email just now…
    What if I’m not fully vaccinated at the 70% target?
    Unvaccinated people, or those who have only received one vaccine dose will not be able to do everything a fully vaccinated person can do, you will not be able to:
    • visit friends or family in their homes
    • access non-critical retail
    • attend weddings with more than 5 guests
    • go back to some workplaces
    • go out to pubs, or visit other premises which are open only to vaccinated customers.

117. We are not obliged to ”obey” the pope in all matters. Never have been.

Pope Francis has chosen to speak often in his first body, the body of the man who is Pope. In fact, even in documents which, in the past, have represented more solemn teaching, he states clearly that he is not offering magisterial teaching but his own thinking. But those who are accustomed to a different manner of Papal speaking want to make his every statement somehow part of the Magisterium. To do so is contrary to reason and to what the Church has always understood. It is simply wrong and harmful to the Church to receive every declaration of the Holy Father as an expression of papal teaching or magisterium.
    […]
    While maintaining firmly the Catholic faith in what pertains to the Petrine Office, we cannot fall into an idolatry of the papacy which would make every word spoken by the Pope to be doctrine, even if it is construed to be contrary to the very word of Christ, for example, regarding the indissolubility of marriage.
    […]
    A Cardinal in Rome commented on how good it is that the secular media are no longer attacking the Church, as they did so fiercely during the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI. My response was that the approval of the secular media is, on the contrary, for me a sign that the Church is failing badly in her clear and courageous witness to the world for the salvation of the world.

– Cardinal Burke

118. What gets me ‘animated’ is fuckwits getting on here liberally spraying around words like ‘traitor’, ‘treason’ and ‘Nazi’ at people who would choose to use the passport.

nah … time to be honest
    Granted that when the person in question suggests you’re a ‘good little Cherman’ it upsets you.
    Would that be because that the spirit of how it was said, it could well turn out to be true?

Putting words in other people’s mouths as you’ve been doing , well, it makes you sound like a good little cheman too.
    You can infer or ascribe all sorts of motive all you like but in the absence of a reply from the person in question, you’re just shouting at the wind

and look at you trying to smear a working guy for simply having a job.
    fuck me … gunner got the sack right?
    got another job … stood down by edict right now as well.

what the fuck is wrong in your head?

Krokodil Tränen

119. Alas, Gab, I lost the faith quite some time ago. Not lapsed and bitter — agnostic most of the time, atheist when God turns against the Bulldogs, as happened two weekends ago.

120. The State can and does support & even decree by law, a parent’s ‘right’ to “Transition” their children or use them as human guinea pigs For The State, but The State denies a parent the Right & Duty to Protect their children from The State supported life threatening experimentation and even murder.

Yes, remember, a father can’t stop their Born Alive ‘aborted’ babies from being left to die, even when full term & healthy.

The State ONLY supports the mothers’ “Right” to murder the children of men, not the fathers’ Right & Duty to protect them.

Just as soon, parents will have NO Right to protect even their babies from having Jabs forced into them.

And the state of the world only came to this hellish point because The Church wasn’t only M.I.A. but actively smoothed the way for The Abortion Industry & all it’s related abominations to not only be accepted but become celebrated & even revered … unlike Holy Communion in their now Closed Churches.

Sixty plus years ago, driving with the family & the priest, my Grandfather got into an argument with the priest. A ding-dong roaring argument that the priest was losing badly and thought to end by the smarmy, condescending, chuckle punctuated question, “Old man, why are you burning up so much?”

To which my Grandfather replied, “Why aren’t you burning?”

That there are any faithful remaining in The Church, isn’t due to generations of white washing the sins of the wolves allowed to roam in Her, but thanks to God for not leaving us without those who refuse to call raving wolves, ‘holy’.

121. You seem to think that in front of all this, your redneck wisdom and opinions of garage based engineering matter. They don’t.

Laws of Garage Thermodynamics have hereby been repealed

122. Zatarasays:
    October 4, 2021 at 9:48 am
    In a just world, this guy would get a bullet in the head

In a world of poetic justice he’d die of a jab-caused clot. A very painful one.

I agree, he is a very painful clot, but what makes you think that he has actually been jabbed?

123. My response was that the approval of the secular media is, on the contrary, for me a sign that the Church is failing badly in her clear and courageous witness to the world for the salvation of the world.

Cardinal Burke nails it.

124. areff

Very sorry to hear of this utterly un-Christian act.

Would it be a fair assumption that the new priest is of neither Polish nor Vietnamese ethnicity?

125. Just as I have been advocating for freedom of choice

as I type this, sirens outside, probably near the IGA.

you don’t have freedom of choice

which is something Gunner recognizes but apparently you don’t

126. They are chanting Tom Brady’s name as he trots back onto the field at Foxborough.
    The last time I heard that was when Ron Gibbs returned to Brookvale for the first time.

127. Did someone suggest that we agree with the Pope on all things sacred and profane?
    Smearing people who have been vaccinated in good faith as cooperating with evil because you think so?
    Also no.

As for ussr and the my dad had an argument with a priest therefore the Catholic church is evil.
    We heard your meaningless story the first time and repeated, the story remains equally unconvincing.
    Noone ever claimed sinlessness for priests either.
    But keep telling us Pope Francis is pro abortion and that the Church profits from the abortion industry though, that’s a winner.

128. Laws of Garage Thermodynamics have hereby been repealed

The 1st Law says that rebuilding your garage after you’ve burnt it down is expensive.

129. Lizzie, notafan and Leigh Lowe formally want you to know that they are tired of your ‘issues’ with the vaccine and covid 19

Everyone here has ‘issues’ with the vaccine and Covid 19. Nothing is clear cut. Sancho said he was weighing up his options, as we all do. Rosie has simply examined some of the issues. You don’t have to agree about the various politics of this epidemic nor its science. It is not uni-dimensional.

I don’t think we should tear each other apart on this blog about it. Take it to the real enablers, the compliant media personalities. Even Gunner, who did lose his cool quite badly the other nite, should just come back in and share his experiences again with us. Emotions have run high, but that’s not surprising, given the political outrages around us.

130. just install a solar farm, wind gen, and a battery

Mate of mine who has bought a property has done just that. 20 Kw solar array, 33 Kw-h of batteries (lead acid, sealed) and 7 KVA Kubota diesel generator. So far the solar/ battery has never run out.

131. Our workman just told a nosy biddy working at the supermarket that she didn’t need to see his tick as it’s an invasion of his privacy and his word should be good enough.
    He doesn’t live in the town so he’s not concerned and he’s one big unit.

132. Daily Mail.

The secret offshore wealth of world leaders: Leak of 12 MILLION files reveals Putin ‘mistress’s’ $4.1m Monaco flat , Azerbaijani ruler’s $500m London property deals, King of Jordan’s $100m empire and Czech PM’s $22m French chateau

Pandora Papers show Tony and Cherie Blair bought London office via offshore company
    Files were obtained by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
    King of Jordan secretly bought £70million worth of property in the US and UK
    Many transactions show no legal wrongdoing but expose how the UK has failed in its promise to bring in a register of offshore property owners

133. Matrix.
    A couple of questions.
    Is your business going to boycott clients who impose vax passports?
    If not, do you think you forfeit any moral authority to question others who use a vax passport?
    Because providing an essential service to a client who enforces vax passports is enabling and validating the system, is it not?
    In fact, do you think I have a legitimate right to ask those questions or not?

134. Even Gunner, who did lose his cool quite badly the other nite,

I haven’t seen gunner’s tirade but I know this; no matter what is said and done, you cannot hold it against him for wanting to keep employed in this horrid Victorian environment. Nobody here really knows his financial circumstances. There are more than enough real bludgers and perpetual parasites about that deserve real opprobrium.

135. Apparently separation of church and state now means ‘no Christians shall be suffered to be in public office’.

The separation of church and state has proven itself to be a double edged sword.

Originally intended to protect Christians from unwarranted state interference in their affairs, it has long since become a weapon in the Left’s hands to exclude Christianity from the public square.

One flinch from Mr. Perrottet and, sensing weakness, the prog-left will pursue him relentlessly in order to bring him down. I hope he realises this.

136. First time a #RoyalNavy warship had transited through the #TaiwanStrait !

How language has been corrupted. I automatically read that as Transitioned and wondered how it worked. Everyone hacks their nuts of at the same time halfway through the passage?! 🙂

137. What?
    We can’t say we are sick of hearing how the vaccine is baddddd (which i never actually said, though it’s true enough, I am)
    I said given the current uptake by the ‘sheeple’ saying everyone is gunna die of vaxx poisoning isn’t going to be much of a vote winner at future elections and you might be better off focusing on stuff like ending free for all state of emergency powers, mandatory vaccines, that kind of thing.
    And you know, having been on the receiving end of almost daily shouty shutuppings this kind of weenywhinerwhinging is risible.

138. Makkasays:

October 4, 2021 at 11:25 am

Even Gunner, who did lose his cool quite badly the other nite,

I haven’t seen gunner’s tirade but I know this;

You should go and have a look.
    Old thread last Friday night.
    Informative.

139. A couple of questions.

mate, I gotta tell ya that after you 3 day spazz chuck over sweet fuck all, that I will not be handing you bullets.

so fuck off with your leading questions

What it comes down to is I do … got your problems x10 … hold onto yr pearls nanna

2 of were there last week as well.

140. calli says:
    October 4, 2021 at 11:31 am

Lol. They’ve just sung Happy Birthday for the third time. No one wants to go home.

Maybe it’s a dementia support group?

141. First time a #RoyalNavy warship had transited through the #TaiwanStrait !

All that tells me is journos these days don’t have any grasp of history. On the other hand reminding nice Mr Xi about the Opium Wars probably isn’t helpful right now.

142. do you think I have a legitimate right to ask those questions or not?

I will start answering in good faith
    at exactly the time
    you start asking in good faith

143. Boambee: Actually, the can’t-be-bothered priest is not only of Polish background, he’s actually ordained Polish Orthodox, which I didn’t know existed until one of Mum’s friends told me.

The former priest, who buried Dad in 2012, was Vietnamese — another lovely bloke but you couldn’t understand a word he said.

144. Every army needs its machine-gun fodder, so it might be unproductive if we banish Gunner prematurely.

No. Take me first. I’m more expendable in front of a gun. Gunner is not banished.
    He’s on the right side in all of this and still has plenty of grunt in him.

145. Sky News host Sharri Markson says New South Wales has been left “rudderless” after the shock resignation of Premier Gladys Berejiklian.

Okay, Sharri is sending Gladys flowers.

If Orkopolous transitions, maybe he and Gladys can be cellys.

146. Equally, can you hold it against someone who wants resume employment after a cumulative nine months off even if it involves a state sanction pre-qualification (be that a vax passport, a union ticket, whatever)?

I wouldn’t. This economy here is so fkd up it’s everyone for themselves on how they handle all this. I get it that some think the noble thing to do is go out in blaze of glory and say fk the “system”. But I’m betting the “system” (passports)is going to prevail for the foreseeable future here, no matter what the self sacrificers do. That presents a myriad of choices for everyone in the system.

I decided to double vax for my own personal reasons but I’m adamant it’s an individual choice and abhor the way we are being coerced into it. It sickens me. The politics, lies and deceit around covid and the vax just sickens me.

147. “Bruce of Newcastlesays:
    October 4, 2021 at 11:25 am
    She can’t help herself.”

I watched Sharri last night and it was a good programme but I had to laugh. She’s obviously outraged at ICAC and how it arbitrarily exercises its powers and smears people. I am as well but last night Sharri was harping on about “presumption of innocence” and how ICAC unfairly smears people and that there’s no recourse. She’s right, it’s an outrage but I do wonder if Sharri is someone who applies the same standard of innocent until proven guilty to Pell, Porter and other MEN. I don’t recall her getting hot under the collar or outraged at how Pell was crucified or when Porter was smeared. Sharri’s a hypocrite.

148. But can you move as quickly as Gunner, Lizzie? We’ll be seeking a distraction so that we princesses and princes can escape to safety.

I wasn’t suggesting that anyone be ‘banned.’ It was an attempt to lighten the mood.

149. just got an email from a 60 storey customer that there’s a covid case in the joint.
    2 of were there last week as well.

I wonder when we as a nation will really get round to believing that ‘cases’ don’t matter.

In other countries, they’re at that stage already. We’re just starting to accommodate to the idea that it may even exist here, let alone accepting it as normal.

150. Neil ‘Apparatchik’ Mitchell just asked 3AW listeners: “If you’re not going to get tested, how will you know if you’re infected.”

Hey, Ms Reinhart, how about buying some Melbourne wavelength and seeing if there’s an Australian Rush Limbaugh out there? As Roger Ailes noticed, there’s a huge ignored and unserviced market just waiting to be tapped.

151. But can you move as quickly as Gunner, Lizzie?

Look, I’ve just finished my Monday interpretive dance class. You should see me go.

My fancy moves alone would be enough of a distraction for even the lesser Royals to escape. 🙂

152. areffsays:
    October 4, 2021 at 11:39 am

Thanks. I am surprised.

153. Matrix at 11:33.
    I take that as you saying that I don’t have the right to question your approach to vax passports in your business.
    That is fine by me.
    “Mind your own business” is a perfectly valid response to any question around this.
    From either side of the debate.

154. When you are sailing directly to hell, losing your rudder is a plus. I like Sharri but she really does have a blind spot sometimes.

Sharri is a full of blind spots, the only thing she can see clearly is what happened in Wuhan. I find her inexplicable.

155. Cassie – I wouldn’t say that, more that she has a blindness about some things. Much like Miranda Devine, who was quite wet a lot of the time when she was at the Tele. But these days you could easily mistake Miranda for a vengeful angel, at least when she’s on the US political beat.

156. Cassie of Sydney says:
    October 4, 2021 at 10:04 am

Why it was the hypocrite Nongbat.

You’re supposed to be intelligent, so why do you act as if you aren’t?

Is it because you believe your audience isn’t?

I don’t pretend to like or trust those I see doing ‘whatever it takes’ to help push a State Agenda.

I stopped giving notafan/rosie the benefit of the doubt years ago, when she proved to put her hate of someone above making any argument in good faith.

Just as I have noted those who will spew any bullshit just to be seen to be on the same side as The Bullies, as obviously untrustworthy.

You see, standing up for yourself against a Mob of bullshitting Bullies, is not bullying.

I’m sure you know that, just as I’m sure you believe those you aim to appeal to are, “too stupid”, to understand.

Smart people who act stupid = disingenuous manipulators at best.

157. Boambee: Actually, the can’t-be-bothered priest is not only of Polish background, he’s actually ordained Polish Orthodox, which I didn’t know existed until one of Mum’s friends told me.

More likely ‘Greek Catholic’, aka ‘Uniate’, areff.

Polish-Ruthenian Orthodox who accepted papal authority in the Union of Brest-Litovsk (hence Uniate). They kept Eastern rites but accepted Roman canon law etc. (hence Greek Catholic); if he’s serving in a Roman Rite parish he is “bi-ritual”.